Verified Purchase Car: 2014 Dodge Ram 2500

very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

after using BFG's for more than thirty years, I will not buy another one. Put two on the front of my RAM 2500 and had to wait 8 weeks for two for the rear to come from US. two on the front have hardly worn 21700ks. the two rear tires both punctured at 10500ks, one with a rock strait through the tread (something I have never had before with the BFG's) the other with a 75mm tear strait through the tread ($500 gone) both within 4 days of each other. The wear on the two tires at 10500ks to Quote the tire shop owner looked like they had done 30000 + ks. these tires had done about 200 ks on gravel the rest black top.tire pressures as per manufacturers recommendations. It appears to me that the compound of the two newer tires is inferior to the older ones. The fine print on the 6 year warranty means you don't have a chance at a claim ($1000 down) I am now running coopers on the rear. the BFG's may have been good in the past but they aren't worth the money now. I have never had a BFG tire wear or have a rock pierce the tread like these ones have and to get only 10500 ks out of them before they destroyed them selves?? These tire have a load rating of 125/122 and a speed rating of R and considering I was running empty on the black top at the time I don't know how the could achieve this rating.
Save your money and look for another brand.

Car: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK 3.0 v6 crd

BF Goodrich ko2 speed rating

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

Totally disappointed with the speed rating of the BF Goodrich Ko2. As most of the modern SUVs are a lot faster than the speed rating ( s ) I feel it should be a minimum of a H speed rating or or a speed rating of v. So come on the bF Goodrich you have been around long enough to know better.

sydney

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Landcruiser 200 GX

be very wary

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Ungraded to 2016 200 series cruiser fitted with BFG KO2 LT 285/70 17. With 6 tyres I rotate tyres every service ( 6 months or 10000k) Two tyres that had done only 15000k have bad splits and need replacement. Had one tyre deflate rapidly at approx 60-65kph on graded gravel due to tread block cracking at the base. Crack went through to the steel casing! Life was interesting for a few moments! This alerted me to the tyres.

On return home bought a replacement then checked other tyres. The other tyre that has less than 15000k has a serious crack in the sidewall, dangerous to use and will likely require replacement. Both these tyres used almost exclusively on highway travel, very little gravel or dirt. No rock exposure.

The other 3 tyres have done 27000 and have cracks around the tread blocks or between the tread blocks. I have run all tyres at 40psi highway and low 30psi (measured hot) on gravel. Sometimes lower on gravel. They are relatively noisy on bitumen. Not sure they are any better than previous tyres on gravel/mud. The 26000 k has been with a light-medium loaded 200 series, 2 people and some camp gear. I drive conservatively, especially off road, a bit like the retiree I am. Have been unhappy with vehicle fuel consumption and Toyota dealer points at the Ko 2 tread pattern as at least partly responsible..

The trips we have been doing have not been as challenging as previous in a Patrol fitted with Yokahamas AT which performed excellently and still had 50% tread at 26000k. eg now trips are Sydney-Bourke rather than Cape York. The amount of tyre chipping and splitting with BFG KO2 is simply not to be expected and appears excessive even dangerous.

Very unhappy with KO 2 tyres. Have seen dealer and he is pessimistic about any warranty claim, awaiting inspection by BFG rep.

Conclusion Be very wary about BFG KO2 despite all the promotion of these tyres as outstanding all-terrain.They do not last and can split unexpectedly. Company support appears questionable.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car: 2017 Ford Ranger PX2 XLS

Dangerous in Wed Conditions

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Bought these tyres as a package with the vehicle, great tyre in dry conditions, plenty of grip off road. When using them in muddy conditions, keep spinning them moderately to clear the lugs.
However in wet conditions on sealed roads they are more than dangerous. Thankful for traction control cause without it, you'd be off the road. They feature a very hard compound which is great for wear and longevity but hopeless for grip on wet sealed surfaces. Although my vehicle isn't a power house, I can still drift at 80Km/H.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car: 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited double cab 4x4

Won’t stay balanced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Not so good for my 285/55R20, all 4 are bad. Ride good, nice wear but they won’t stay balanced. Had to be balanced twice the first week I got them, rotated them at 5200 miles, balanced them twice and they won’t stay in balance. Hopefully my shop will get them replaced under warranty.

Purchased at: Toyota Dealers

Dalby, Queensland (QLD)

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Car: 2000, Nissan Patrol Wagon GU2

Great Tyres well worth the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Have been wanting these for a while and it was worth the wait, heard nothing but good reviews and i also have had family the use them and have lasted a while, so now my turn.

From when i left the tyre shop i could feel the difference, going over the speed bump it was hardly a rock in the car, steering was very responsive, when i got up to highway speed it did not have the annoying wobble and quiet for the size i got 285/75/16.
I have used them in the rain, does not aquaplane when we hit puddles, good braking no slipping.
in Dirt they are very sturdy, you dont feel the corrugation as rough.
They do like to pick up rocks though, but thats the only thing and i dont mind.
They also sit real nice on the Patrol, i would definitely recommend well worth the price, safety first

Car: For courier

Wait there still going

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I love these tyres they look super tough they handle the tough business & they are gonna last me a good 3 years. A little joke there but seriously the life you gonna get out of these tyres are so much better than the competition. They handle great on the road, get you down the beach for a fish or surf & love hitting a challenging 4wd park.

Geelong

• 1 answer

Car: 2001 Toyota Lancruiser wagon, 100series turbo diesel

Best tyres

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I have been using these on my 100 series for years, best i have done was 100,000km.
Drove from Geelong to Cape York and back, great on the road and fantastic on the Telegraph track.
In mud, sand, rivers and the road the performed fantastic, i highly recommend these tyres

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
Private message

Car: 60/ 80/100 series landcruisers as well as two Hiluxes.

Best Tyre I ever had

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

I've been using BFG A/T on my 4x4s ( Landcruiser/Hilux) for the last 20 years. I've tried others that were cheaper but in the long run were more expensive/km. I just sold my 2002 cruiser and the the buyer was gobsmacked with how many kms I got ~ 120,000! I do four wheeling occasionally, nothing too heavy so they're fine. When I get a new (used) fourby the first thing I do is replace the tyres with BFG's.

Purchased at: Tyrepower

Broussard

• 2 helpful votes

Car: 2007 Chevy truck

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

These tires are ok I find they are a little overpriced they last well but do make a good bit of road noise they seem to hum a lot when I am slowing down they do very well on wet pavement which is a plus I can’t have tires that slip and slide on wet pavement that’s dangerous

Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2012

Low Kms

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Only got 40,000kms with my new set of tyres, have a caravan but only done around 15,000kms towing it. Thought I would get more kms than what I got. Now I'm considering another brand. Had Goodrich A/T before on my prado and got nearly 80,0000kms. Not sure why I should consider get these tyres again

Car: Land Rover Discovery 2

All around positive

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I like the KO2. Huge traction improvement in the wet compared to the old KOs. I like everything about them from toughness to traction to sidewall puncture resistance & the aggressive look. Why 4 stars? I’ve done 20,000kms and doesn’t look like it’d do more than 40,000. We’ll it doesn’t matter, I’m hoping to change to KM3 once they’re out.

Purchased at: Tyresales.com.au

• 6 helpful votes

Car: Prado 2000

Good all round 4x4 tyre.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Good off tyre with good bitumen manners. Can be slightly noisy on bitumen but not a negative. I love the strong sidewall on these tyres especially when airing down off road. Some people mention bad wet road manners but I drive with confidence in the wet on bitumen roads. A good tyre.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car: 2013 Dodge diesel Ram 2500

No warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Worst wearing tire I have ever seen. Destroyed the back tires before the standard 5000 mile rotation. Costco sold them to me so I have now buy 4 new tires because I would never put these in again. They are too soft for A truck of that size and I’m not very happy about it.

Car: 2017 Holden Colorado LTZ

Awesome All Terrains

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Was a little worried that these tyres would be noisy on the bitumen but I can’t believe how quite these tyres are. They can be a little slippery in the wet but that is to be expected with these types of tyres. The grip off-road is perfect for my application.

Perth

• 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Nissan Patrol Gq ute 6.5 Chev Diesel

Best 4wd tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I have had Bfgs on my 4wds for over a decade now I absolutely love them! The BFGOODRICH km2s are quite when driving on the road. When going offroad with 10 psi for beach work hill climbs it easily handles the boggy conditions. They also last for many thousands of kilometres.

Car: SSANGYONG kyron 2007

NOT for wet Road

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

probably a good tyre for 4x4 but be carefull, in wet Road lateral grip is ZERO absolutely dangerous. Even when I push accel on my 2ton 140 go diesel Ssangyong Kyron ESP lights star to flash because they sleep with so small motor.
Be carefull!!! not for regular use in wet regions

Car: Nissan patrol

Awesome tyre new design just got better again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

Been very happy with these tyres over many different terrains and the new model is even better with new side grip will continue to use these tyres for many more years to come and recommend them to everyone I know with a off road car they wear very well on and off the road

Car: Honda CR-V

Very comfortable tyres

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I bought BFGoodrich tyres at Costco during sale period. I have never used this brand so was a little bit hesitant but decided to have them on my Honda CR-V. On my first drive after having these tyres I had a great smooth and comfort level when driving. I am now happy with these brand and will consider buy them again in the future.

Brisbane

• 6 answers

Verified Purchase Car: 2016 PXII Ford Ranger XLS Dual Cab 4wd

6-Star Tyres!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

Like the last post-er, I too put these tyres on my new Ranger. Amazing. Put them on just before Christmas, went over to Fraser on boxing day, dropped them to 18psi where they stayed til we came back 30.12.2017 and I gotta say they certainly proved their ability. Mate's Hilux got well-bogged on a long straight section of deep, dry, HOT sand on an inland track, I got buried to my sills in the process of the recovery and I still managed to get both vehicles out! Had these on my old Hilux too, got a nail longer than a credit card within two weeks, simple rope plug fix at the servo and good as new. Inlaws still driving that Hilux, same tyres, 3years later! Great long life, relatively low road noise considering the aggressive tread pattern, great on/off road handling in the dry, wet on the road's alright but not as good as the standard highway-tread tyres it came with. Worn Cooper's, Kumho's, Toyo's, Bridgestone's and Hankook's on my 4wd's over the years and I have to say the BFG's have been consistently the best.

1 of 3 pages

I just replaced my stock tyres on my 2014 Hilux with BFG 265/65/17 A/T KO2. They ride just fine but I noticed on three of the rims on the inside the dealer put lead strips about 2.5cm x 15 cm. Must be about a half a kilo! That doesn't seem right. On the fourth rim there is a 40 gram balance weight. Is this acceptable practice or is this a known issue with the new BFGs. This is the fifth vehicle I g=have installed BFGs on and never noticed anything before.

Micky O asked on Apr 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi mate. I see nobody has answered you. that's because most will think it is a dumb question. However to answer your question and take some worry off your mind the problem is not with the tyres. The issue is with the rims. and its not really an issue. Don't panic about it there is nothing wrong, it is just to balance the tyre with balance with the rim.

Thanks Mate... I brought the tyres back to the dealer and they rotated the tyre on the rim. Ended up with 25 gram! All good. And it was only on one rim not three as written above!

I have these on my 6.5t iveco daily twin wheel. I have been told it won't pass the plate test. What weight can each tyre carry?

Chris A asked on Dec 07, 2017

Hi Chris,
I'm no expert but I just went out and checked the tyre wall and it reads:

Max load single is 1360kg at 80psi cold
Max load Dual is 1250kg at 80psi cold

I hope this helps.

I read the plate and requires 225/75/17 .
Front and rear on a twin which is is.
Then it says weight 118/116 ?? That's where I'm stuck!
I don't have this to see on my KO2'S.
I was led to believe as KO2'S had thicker side walls so they carry a lot more weight.
I think only no proof till I get van back is it was more the 7.5t Mark as opposed to the 6.5t I only need.

Looking to put the new BFG All Terrain T/A KO2's on my 2015 Prado. Have factory Dunlops on there at the moment which have worn out in 30,000kms. I use my Prado for around town/school drop off etc and contend with up to 20 roundabouts most days......My question is, am I wasting my time even considering these tyres?

Zpl25 asked on Aug 16, 2016

get a lighter car !

Thanks Pete but it is used frequently for camping and adventures and a larger family doesn't really fit in a smaller car!

ZPL25, based on my general comments and previous experience, Plus others commenting in this review (even prado drivers), I would suggest you at least try something other than the dunlops. If you can afford the BFG's (hunt around for a price like on tyresales), the % of positive reviews imply you would be better off.
Having said that, if the Dunlop's on your prado were the Grandtrek, there are several great reviews on them, but perhaps its down to where they were made...
I found a comment on the review page that may be pertinent. http://www.productreview.com.au/profile/108306.html
"It appears the key with these Grandteks is where they were made. In my experience the Japanese ones are very good but the Thailand ones are terrible for wear. I only got 19000 out of a front set. The Thai ones are rubbish. Trust me.
NotHappywithDunlopAT3 posted on Jul 31, 2011".

See all 6 questions about BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2