BGC Residential are offering reviewers a $100 Bunnings or Coles Myer Gift Card. Reviews can be both positive and negative. Reviews that have been written between June 17th, 2017 and December 31st, 2018 may have received this incentive.  (Previous incentives: January 1st 2017 to June 16th 2017 - $100 Bunnings or Coles Myer Gift Card; November 10th 2016 to December 31st 2016 $250 Bunnings or Coles/Myer Gift Card.)
Review rating:

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

We have had such a great experience so far in building our first home, the customer service and support has been fantastic. Prestart was great and we were surprised how great the standard range is. The commodore homes portal is brilliant it’s great to be able to see the progress and made choosing our selections an easy and exciting experience. Definitely highly recommend BCG southwest to everyone looking at building a home.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Bec, Thank you for leaving such a great review. We are so glad you have had a great experience so far, and enjoyed your Pre Start and selections process.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Excellent Family home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

We recently got the key to our new BGC residential southwest home and we are super impressed with everything. The whole process from start to finish was very easy, great communication from everyone and the actual build finished well ahead of schedule! Everyone we dealt with was super friendly, the weekly progress updates from Kim during construction were amazing. The Online portal is excellent to keep us up to date and keep track of everything. The finish's inside our new home and excellent and we cant wait to spend many many years enjoying our new home. Highly recommend.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Lisa, thank you for your review. We are so happy that you are impressed with our whole building process and especially the final product. We hope you enjoy your new family home for many years to come.

Margaret River

Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Although the house hasn't been built yet, I cannot say enough about BGC residential South West. Kristy has been wonderful. She knew exactly what we wanted and delivered first time. The process so far has been nothing but easy. The pre-start was a breeze, Chrissy knew what we were after, so that also made it easy. Everyone has been very helpful and patient, and could not recommend them enough.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Marian,
Thank you for leaving such a great review! We are so glad the process has been made easy for you and that our Pre-Start Consultant, Chrissy made it a breeze.

A Huge Thank You

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Just wanted to say BGC residential south west are awesome! Have just moved into my new home and absolutely love it. We had no problems whatsoever and everything ran smoothly. I am surprised how easy Alisha, Katie and Kim made it all for me. The online portal was great to follow the progress of the build and all the staff that I dealt with in the bunbury office were lovely and were great at keeping me up to date. I love the quality of house I received and in the time frame they stated and would highly recommend building with BGC.
Thank you!

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Drew.d, Thank you for your positive review. We are so glad the whole process was made so easy and you are happy with your brand new quality home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Pleasant Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

I was disappointed with the professionalism of my sales consultant. Although BGC stepped up their game with a knowledge and helpful prestart consultant so made the experience smooth. The Go Homes customer portal is a fantastic tool to keep track of your build and is easy to navigate. BCG has a wonderful standard range and I would highly recommend this company.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi BJF, Thank you for your honest review. I have passed your feedback onto Management, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. We are so glad you like the portal it is a great tool to use.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Lovely staff only issue has been communication with builder.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

The staff at BGC residential south west have been amazing, i'm a young first home buyer so it was pretty daunting but everyone I have dealt with really helped me out. The only issue I've had so far has been the construction side of things and communication between the BGC staff and the builder I've had to go into the office quite a few times with some issues and yet the builder has still not done his part. I finally met up with the supervisor who is building my house and not very impressed but were still in construction stage so i'm hoping things improve. overall I'm pretty happy with my experience with BGC would definitely recommend.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Emma, Thank you for your honest review. Someone will be in contact with you today to discuss the issues you have been having.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

So far so good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I am currently building or about to build with BGC Residential South West. I am about to be up to the prestart stage and so far everything has been as smooth as you'd hope from a builder. I've already been given access to my 'portal' which is an online selection for my prestart colours, tapware etc. which is very exciting and such a bonus to the company! My sales rep, Chanel, is fabulous and would highly recommend her. She's young, professional, polite and knows what your talking about in the sense she would appear to have much more knowledge than another young person in the industry. Chanel is a true asset to BGC Residental South West. Chanel has worked hard and alongside her manager to ensure I am getting the product I want and need in all aspects. When your choosing a building company you need to be happy and so far I am!

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Brittany, Thank you for leaving such a great review, Chanel will be so happy to see your review and to know she made the process easy for you. We hope you continue to enjoy your building journey with BGC Residential South West.

A beautiful Family home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Very Impressed. We are first time builders and the service we got from all the staff at BGC was wonderful. We lived a few hours away from where our house was getting built and we were kept up to date on all the stages in the house. The new "Portal" website is the best. We got all our photos and documents in one place. We had a few problems but they where fixed ASAP... Beautiful finished house that we can call home.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Ashley, Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the new portal helpful it simplifies the process a great deal. We hope you are enjoying your new family home and thank you for choosing to build with us.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

A great house and very professional team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

From start to finish, the BGC team has given me very professional, friendly and helpful service with the purchase and construction of my new home. Starting with the super helpful sales team, followed by the very caring and informative pre-start team and finishing with the very professional construction team, every stage has been dealt with by BGC to the highest of standards. Even though I was living a 3 hour drive away from where my new house was being constructed, with the use of BGC's construction porthole, I was able to keep track of the construction with updates and photo's at the completion of every major stage.
Unfortunately, we did encounter a few problems with a couple of the sub-contractors workmanship but these issues were dealt with swiftly and professionally by BGC and were rectified quickly as the problems became apparent.
I have now been living in my new home for 4 months and I couldn't be happier with the product that I have received!! This is the first house I have ever built and with plans of building again in the near future, BGC with be the first company I will be approaching to assist me with my next venture.
Thank you BGC for my lovely house and keep up the good work!!

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Norto, Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased you have been happy from start to finish we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. We hope you continue to enjoy living in your beau... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

So far my experience building with BGC residential has been excellent. I have been offered ongoing support throughout the entire process. Every team member I have dealt with from BGC has been more than helpful,all my queries and concerns have been dealt with promptly. I am currently in the construction stage of my home and honestly the whole process has been smooth sailing. I am very pleased I chose BGC to build my first home. I would highly recommend BGC for your building needs.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Luke, Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased the process so far has been smooth sailing and you have received ongoing support. We are sure the rest of your building process will run just as smoothly.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

So far excellent work and detail

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Am impressed with the build so far. Our house is near on completion. Am happy with the workman ship and support from BGC. This being our first home built was a bit overwhelming at the start but am happy with the progressed. The past few months have gone so quick. Thanks again to the BGC team. Your awesome. Would recommend to any one.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Rhoda, Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We are so glad that you are happy with our workmanship and that the time has gone quickly for you. You are more than welcome, we hope you enjoy your new home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Very happy to be in our brand new home from the begin the

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

From the begin it was pretty exciting..We had a wonderful salesman who was also a great bloke .Then a very supportive , amazing finance lady..Both went above and beyond to make our dream a reality..First we watched our block turned into a pad , to the brickwork n now our home. Bgc are a great team to deal with.Good communication, supportive and upfront.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Trudy G, Firstly thank you for leaving such a positive review. We are so glad you are happy with your whole experience from start to finish. The team at BGC South West hopes you enjoy living in ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Highly Professional and Excellent Support and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

We are really impressed with the quality of the build of our home. We moved in two weeks ago ago and BGC Residential South West still continue to be highly supportive as we have had some ongoing issues with some of the work that other non-BGC contractors have done, and the team is ensuring that everything is repaired and finalised.
The office staff at BGC Residential South West are just lovely; so helpful, welcoming, understanding and bend over backwards to help. Our onsite supervisor Rhys was highly professional; very patient; and worked his hardest to get our home finished within the appointed time.
I highly recommend building your home through BGC; we loved that the company makes the majority of the products, and so did not have to wait for building supplies. If you are in the South West, I recommend you give the team at BGC Residential South West a call.

Comments
BGC Residential South West Official

Hi Jacqui, Thank you for leaving a review we greatly appreciate it. Congratulations on moving into your new home, we are glad our supervisor Rhys could make this happen for you on time and in a pro... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Outstanding!!! Highly recommend !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

We moved in to our new home a month ago and are very impressed with the high standard and quality of the build.
When we signed up to have our home built we found the level of customer service to be excellent this remained consistent throughout the build. What we found to be most helpful was having access to the constructive portal which is where you can select choices of bricks, tiles etc. All documents pertaining to your build are also uploaded to this portal and photos of the stages of the build, any new updates to this portal you will receive an email to inform of these updates. For us this portal was particularly useful as we were living interstate during the build. All queries we had during the build we did via email or phone and at each occasion of these the level of customer service was exemplary . This is the third house we have built over the years this is the first time with BGC and we have to say this is the best building experience we have had by far. Thank you to all of the BGC team for a home which we totally love.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi AlexElaine H, Thanks for taking to time to post your review. We are glad you found our online portal so useful and enjoyed your building experience with us. It's great to hear you love your new... read more »

perth

• 1 review
  • 12 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

So far excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Signed and paid deposit 15 August plans done and ready for us 6 October. Excellent communication. Staff efficient in all aspects. Will post updates along the way. Ben has been extremely efficient with great attention to detail. we will see how construction progresses nut it the same continues it will be fantastic.

pre-start soon Wii update on selections and meeting.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi D N J, thank you for placing your review. We are glad you have enjoyed the building experience so far. We look forward to working with you through the rest of the process and if you have any que... read more »

****UPDATE****** 21/11/2017******** Pre start completed, so efficient. Excellent communication, we have been kept informed every step of the way. Building license should be issued just before Ch... read more »

Final final plans done. Application for building license submitted 7/12. That's deposit paid August final plans done almost ready to construct in 4 months. Rocketing along. Been kept informed every step of the way.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Elements that make a house a home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

We have been in for 6 months now and are really enjoying the house. The design elements that were discussed through the beginning stages and then implemented have really added to the house. The experience that Commodore brought to the design helped tweak it to our specific needs and was something we didn't get through the other builders. They kept saying things like 'just move this a bit here' and 'how long is your car so we can make sure it fits'. All of these things have made it a real home and very liveable. Our house was different to start with having added a loft to one of their existing plans and they showed great insight into what it would look like and what would work and what wouldn't. We are just about to have our 6 monthly maintenance and if the outcome of this is what I would expect then this 4 will be a 5.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi Allan, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that your are enjoying your new home and that you had such a positive experience with the design. Thank you for choosing BGC Residential Sou... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Awesome experience without the stress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

We finally received our keys last Friday, and couldn't be happier with the quality of the final product! Our home is just beautiful, and I want to thank all the beautiful people at BGC in Bunbury.
They held our hands through the entire process, from deciding on a design to getting our finance approved, and throughout the whole building process. There were one or two hiccups which were dealt with swiftly and professionally, making us feel relaxed and cared for. My numerous phone calls with a million and one questions were always returned and everything explained again and again (thanks for your patience guys).
I highly recommend BGC - they are fantastic and we're thrilled we decided to build.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi Ashleigh, thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear how happy you are with your beautiful new home. Thank you for choosing BGC Residential South West as your builder. Our team wishes you all the best.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Stress free experience and a beautifully finished home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We had a great experience with BGC from start to finish. WE are first home buyers, but every stage was explained, ensuring we had a thorough understanding of the process. Our Contracts Administrator Kim, along with our Prestart Consultant Adrienne and site supervisor CJ, ensured that the project progressed perfectly. Any query was answered promptly and we were given weekly updates as the building progressed. Stunning home with quality work. Excellent customer service. Choosing BGC as the builder was definitely a good choice.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi Tomstar, thank you for your review and for choosing to build with BGC Residential South West. We hope that you are making lots of memories in your stunning first home and we are glad our team was able to provide your with a good experience.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Good effort

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

The quality of the house is excellent,painting was smooth and pure.And it was well managed.No big mess aside from some crack on the concret.The people who worked there(conducter)alway gives me help,and displayed good enthusiasm and manner. The workers organised my house well,and were happy to answer my question whenever i need. If there's another chance of building house again,i would definitely choose BGC.

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi Min.L, thank you for your review. It's great to read your positive feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy your new home. Thanks for choosing BGC Residential South West!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

We can't recommend bgc enough. The staff from the get-go have been so helpful. Should we hit any issues, everyone was right onto it to rectify and provide solutions. Our sales reps Darren & Kirtsy made sure we got exactly what we wanted and no change was too much to ask. Darren always had our budget in mind and still produced great options for us. So far so good!

Comments
BGC Residential Official

Hi ElzGaz, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are so pleased to hear you are having such a good experience with BGC Residential South West. We look forward to working further with you and getting you into your new home!

1 of 3 pages

Everything thing was good But I asked a few times that my carport be a coarse higher due to me having a transit van and at the time the first guy said it would cost another $1000.00 to raise it. OK fine Then the next per person I.spoke to told them the carport must be kept higher.Anywaay the last handover carport was standard height.I phoned the lady I was dealing with she said you signed off on.it.I hand to.buy a smaller car for my carport.Told customer portal but no.response. Any ideas?

Martin asked on Apr 02, 2018

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your question.

We would like to follow up on this for you. Please send your job number and a summary of the issues you are having to swservice@bgcsouthwest.com.au so we can look into it further.

We are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

BGC Residential South West

Hi, we are building through BGC Residential at the moment and our slab just went down yesterday. Just wondering how your builds are going and how far away from finishing you are?

Bree asked on Jul 12, 2016

Answer this

Hi , my slab went down on the 12 of January and I am now at pci which is usually a week or two from moving in , so about 7 months stat to finish , the build its self ran quite smoothly

Hi Bree, thank you for your question.
I am from BGC Residential in the South West - We build from Bunbury to Margaret River. Can I please ask which area you are building in so I can put you in touch with the right person to provide you with an update on your job?. We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
Thank you.

Hi Bree
Our slab went down 8th June and our brickwork was completed 18th July. Roof shall be done by early next week. Not sure on finishing date but hoping by December/January 2017

Hi [name removed], I am very happy that you have had a positive experience with BGC Residential. Can I please ask where BGC built your houses and who your Project Manager was? I am looking at building and would appreciate some info so I know whether I can expect the same experience building with BGC in Busselton and hopefully dealing with the same Project Manager you did. A good one makes a big difference, as you are both now aware! Cheers Simone

simo88 asked on Sep 04, 2015

Answer this

HI Simone, I built in Dalyellup, my construction administrator was Adrienne, and my site/building supervisor was Rhys. I found both to be outgoing, helpful, and great at answering questions. and I agree the good ones make a big difference and I would still happily recommend both to you. Good luck with your build and I hope that you also have a great experience :)

Hi Simone, pretty sure Adrienne does all the pre-start stuff for all of BGC south west, so you will be dealing with her. Our sales rep said the BGC SW team is a 4 person team (obviously not including tradies) so you will get the same professional service. They are an amazing team thats for sure :)