Filter By:

Unbelievable

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Have been waiting for over 3 weeks to have my car assessed. Finally today, someone left a msg on my phone asking me to call the Claim No. but very thoughtfully, they did not leave that number, nor was it emailed to me as promised, when I made my claim. Their number is blocked so you can not even return the call, If there is anyone out there who knows the bingle Claims phone number I would love to hear from then.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes

Bad/NO Customer Service - No Way to Make Contact

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I have never used Bingle Insurance, however they continuously deduct monies from my account. I have written several emails to no avail. instead of investigating when I gave them confirmation of my details, identification and deductions including reference number, they advised to go through my bank as part of the banking code.
Banking code recommends you try to resolve with the one making the deductions first. I know I will get my money eventually but their lack of ability to make contact, their concern and or assistance is deplorable. I cannot believe they are still allowed to trade.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Do Not Waste 1 cent with Bingle. They will make it tough for you to lodge claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I have lodged a claim with someone brushing my car on traffic light and I have 2 witnesses. I had to pay full excess and now I must wait until 15th i.e 1 week. it is a scratch (probable can be fixed for $100-$200 outside) But Bingle made me pay full excess without any guarantees to if they can chase the culprit. Lets see how I go. But way they handle claims is absolutely devil. On call customer service is as bad as it gets, zero sympathy and happy to tell you where to cancel policy if not happy with bingle.
I have forked out my excess of $795 and won't have excess to this money i.e. wait until 15th Jan 2019 for appointment for mechanic. Extremely inhuman kind of company.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Premium very reasonably priced

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

My insurance premium was very reasonable with bingle, compared to other insurers but unfortunately I didn't read the t&cs well enough and when someone crashed into me I was charged an excess upfront despite other driver being at fault! Apparently I will be reimbursed once bingle confirm other driver is at fault but not a very nice experience when I'm already inconvenienced by someone else's mistake and now I'm out of pocket $795 at Christmas!!

Bingle phone number is 1300 735 640

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

cant claim until the insured person submits the claim. Used 2 phones to get through as the 1st phone call was on hold for 36 minutes and the second phone called at the 30 minute mark got through faster. Also ask for assistance if you do not understand what is being asked by the insurer for a claim

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Please don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I am with bingle since 2014 having third party insurance. Someone reversered into my car and I had a witness.
Bingle said that it's hard to proof so I need to pay Excess of 800$.
I have to fix my car on top of it. I cancelled my insurance and joined Alliance.
Bingle irritating policy whether it's not your fault still you Must pay Excess to process your case. What about the premium I had paid for more than 48 months. Please get a better insurance company.

1 star is too much

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I’ve been with Bingle for seven years. I’ve had to lodge a claim. They take your excess before you can lodge a claim and then don’t contact you. From June 2018 you can no longer talk to a person. They have no understanding of what Customer Service is. They only use a non reputable smash repaired who has bad reviews after bad review. I have emailed them five time with no response. Absolutely appalling service.

Sydney

Private message

Beware BUNGLE: You WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR POLICY!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

If you ever need to cancel your policy, think again!

If you try to do this online you will only ever get an error message, the system will simply not let you do this. You cannot contact them via telephone or online hence there is no possible way to cancel the policy Bingle will just keep taking your money.
Even if you email them to complain you will not get a response, an absolute disgrace with ZERO customer service.

Do not use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Been with Bingle 1 year you cannot contact them you cant claim you cant change details. they give you a policy number but after a while it stops working so you cant do anything which forces them to take out your policy for one more year. i had to close down my bank to shut off the direct debit. this company should be investigated. a lot of people on here have had the same problem it's a shame i have to click 1 star i give them 0 stars they are not worth the hassle.

Insurance claim made

Same problem as other commentors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

1 year with Bingle. No customer service. Frustrating and I've wasted days trying to submit a claim and change my information on the policy.

Verified Customer

Worst Insurance Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Had an accident few days ago which was not my fault, called customer service and been told need to paid excess fee $795 to get the claimed process, even tough I kept telling them, the other party want to paid via their insurance.
Worst insurance ever. Don't go with this insurance. This insurance not helping at all.

Since JUNE they have no phones, SERVICE, can't complain, there isn't ANY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Got a policy in January, they went no phones in June, now trying to cancel as car is sold, Can't cancel as they won't let me contact them online. The biggest crappy service ever, deal with them at your own peril. They are a disgrace to the human race baz

Narrabeen

Convoluted and Unhelpful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

I recently submitted a claim, which got denied despite the other driver going the wrong way down a one way street. They now provide no support to customers if they believe they are not at fault, unless you first pay an excess. They then don't tell you how to pay the excess. After emailing them I got told to ring a call centre and was waiting for 15 minutes on hold. I then had to provide all the details of the other driver again, despite having submitted these on the website. The operator was unable to confirm which driver would be regarded as at fault or provide any useful information, which would help me clarify how best to proceed. (I may have arranged to repair privately had I known). After submitting all the details on the website and explaining them to the operator I was then emailed something asking me to provide a further report. I have been a loyal customer for ten years and have two vehicles insured through Bingle. I don't feel they have looked after my best interests - despite the other driver going the wrong way down a one way street and apologising for running in to me I have been deemed at fault and lose my excess and no claim. As the other driver had the same underwriter, I am sure they figured it was a zero sum game and it was less hassle and paperwork to make me the at fault driver. Horrible process, bad outcome.

I'm confused

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

When my car renewal came up for renewal I started to shop around. Bingle came up more than $800 cheaper than my existing renewal. Before buying I started to read these reviews and was seriously put off buying the policy. Things like:

1: The worst insurance company - don't deal with them they don't care.
2: You cant speak to a human being.
3. They never get back to you.
4. You buy cheap you get cheap.
5. They don't want to, "pay out" when it comes time to claim.

That said I couldn't ignore the huge saving so I purchased the Bingle policy. To my horror literally within a short period I had to make a claim and based on the negative reviews I thought, "oh, no, here we go!" How wrong I was!! From the go this is what I experienced.

1. Without a doubt the best insurance company I have ever dealt with - period.
2. When I did have to call them the phone NEVER even rang and I was NEVER on hold (and I called a LOT)
3. They were always helpful and most of all empathetic - THEY REALLY CARED!
4. After making sure the claim was legit they were MORE than happy to approve the claim and everything that went with it. (hire car for as long as was needed, tow truck and a guaranteed repair)

It did take a short time for my car to be repaired because parts had to be imported from Germany but Bingle and their repairer (Wyvern Smash Repairers in Artarmon) were nothing but professional. Communication was beyond incredible and the repair above the standard I was expecting.

Don't believe everything you read and make the best decision for you but for me I can HIGHLY recommend Bingle and wouldn't think of going anywhere else in the future.

Private message

Why does Bingle even exist?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Where do I begin.
Bingle is the worst insurance company. Not only are there no real live people working there, everything is done online and via email. Now, let me tell you, technology isn’t always reliable. At the beginning of the year my car was damaged and I made a claim through Bingle (online obviously) with photos and all the information requested. Then it came to payment, as I had to pay my excess. That was processed pretty much straight away. So they got all the info and the money, then what? I had a real live person contact me. I asked her to contact me at particular time as I work full time but she didn’t. She would call me during work hours when I’m in all day appointments with clients and have my phone no where near me. Unfortunately I couldn’t call back because they don’t exist. This went on for almost 2 months until I could book in a repairer. Now that was done. Then in August I got an email to renew my policy but I wanted to cancel my policy, so I went online to cancel, went through the process on the 22nd August (the renewal started on 12th September) it advised me that it would cancel at the end of my policy date so 11:59pm 12th September 2018. Cool. I screenshot that, just Incase. Now it’s October 15th and they have taken 2 payments out and my policy is still active and renewed online. Of course, I can’t call anyone to sort this out right away so I have to write up an email requesting cancellation of my policy (even though I did that 2 months ago online) and a refund. I’m not holding my breathe but maybe a real live person will call me. Hahaha yea right. They are the worst. You really do get what you pay for.
I just want my damn policy cancelled and 2 payments that were stolen, given back to me.

No customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

No chance of contacting anyone within any area of Bingle! Loaded a claim online but could not book in the repair or assessment because there is no provider anywhere near my home or workplace. Received a call on Wednesday at 1:17 pm from Bingle and I could not talk whilst at work. I begged the consultant to have someone call me at a convenient time to ensure that I could finalise this claim mutually. I was concerned because I knew that it would be difficult to contact them. So she promised and assured me that someone would call me back at 5:00 pm that same day. NO phone call came! On Thursday at 1:44 pm, someone tried calling me from Bingle however, the phone only rang twice and so I was not able to answer it in time. I am still waiting! I am due to renew my policy at the end of the month, and won't be renewing it. I would rather pay a larger premium with a better Insurance company that is NOT with the SUNCORP Group. Avoid all SUNCORP insurance companies whether it be for home, car, or anything else. Bingle were cheaper, but when it comes to claims, you are forced to be at their mercy. Dear Bingle, I just want to get my car fixed with a reputable repairer that does NOT use putty (as reviews have said of your repairers) and one that is close to either my home or workplace. None available on your list.

Crooks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Don't deal with them. Any place that doesn't show their phone number is dodgy.
Charged twice for excess after having 2 accidents within a few days and same area hit same damage.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Made a claim for my car, took them a month to just to process the claim. Terrible service. Asked for call details for the whole month in which the accident occurred.

cairns

Private message

Why I cannot cancel the insurance?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I dont know why I cannot cancel the policy ?

When I called to Bingle, I was heard by one of you staff that I have to do on Web.

But I have tried in many times to do , It was not working.

Insurance claim made

Poor service, poor custom service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I had a no liability claim, and wait for one week and still cannot receive any update from them but only waiting without a replaced hire car. It seems their customer service team is outsider Austrian. They need 2 days for a simply word or making decision. They dont have customer urgency, no helping for customers best benefits.

1 of 27 pages