• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great product - love it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I despise sweeping and then mopping the floors. When I saw this machine I decided it had to be worth it - so I bought one. And it is worth it! Hi Steam and Vac setting is the best - and it does what it says it does. No more sweeping and then mopping for me - this machine does actually do it all in one go! And it gets into all the corners and right up to the wall. The steam cleaning is good, but one bad spots you may need to go over it several times to lift the muck, but even taking that into account, it is still quicker than sweep and mopping. I love this machine!!!

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Broke after 4 months of use - can't vacuum and mop at the same time

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

At first i thought this was a good machine, then the problems started and just didn't stop. You really can't vacuum and steam at the same time - the whole machine just gets clogged up and eventually it stopped sucking the dirt in completely - the steam trigger just collapsed after a few months use - I wouldn't recommend this machine to anyone. Even the sales person admitted they're not very good quality. Really disappointed.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2014

Terrible quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

This will seem a repeat of many other reviews, so BEWARE. The steam function failed about half way into the warranty, the call centre response was to blame the user. I ended up getting this fixed. Now the trigger has stopped working. Bissell is not interested. Did not return message. Did not respond within 24 hours like they promised. I had to call them AGAIN. We spent more on this machine because we thought we were buying quality. Totally understand these things happen but the service and attitude has not been acceptable. Great concept of machine but would NEVER buy Bissell again.

Mundubbera

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Mostly happy with machine. Excellent customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

I purchased my first Bissell Vac & Steam in September 2015. The steam trigger on this unit failed after about 6 months. Bissell sent me a new machine. It worked well for about 8 months, but then the Vacuum unit started overheating and would stop after about 15 minutes of use. If left for about an hour to cool, it would work again. I returned it to Bissell (at their expense) and they again sent me a new machine. Hoping this one will last longer than the previous 2 units, but in any case the overall experience with the Bissell Vac & Steam is better than previous steam mops that I have purchased. (Optim Plus Steam Mop and Black & Decker FSM1610)
Usage wise, the Bissell Vac & Steam is a great time saver being able to vacuum & steam mop at the same time and does an excellent job of cleaning my floors.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Sadly Returned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

I was very excited to have a machine that did both, that would cut down workload by half.
IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.
It scratched my hardwood floors!! At first I took it back to the store, I was told that they would contact the REP, the rep said "it cant possibly scratch the floors, take it back home wash the head and try again" So I did!!
It scratched the floors AGAIN!! I sent photos of my scratched floor to Bissell via email, they're response ...
"Thank you for the photos I am so sorry this has happened We have a 60 day money back guarantee"
that was it, nothing more, meanwhile, now I have a scratched floor, Thanks Bissell, thanks for nothing!!
Machine was returned to store today. my recommendation is; If you have tiles great go ahead and use it,
DO NOT USE ON FULL WOOD HARDWOOD FLOORS!!!!

Date Purchased: May 2015

Don't bother with this machine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2016

Purchased this machine with high expectations. First one didn't steam. Harvey Norman swapped it over. Second one lasted 2 days before it stopped steaming. Called Bissell. Again was swapped over. This one lasted 3 months. Called Bisseell again. This time we had to send it back to them. They eventually replaced the main unit. It has now gone again. Every time it's the same fault. The pumps keep failing. The handle has also cracked in 3 places. The support centre also leaves a lot to be desired. They really don't seem to care that much. Always try to blame the user. So do yourself a favour and don't buy this machine.

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

What a time saver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Used it today for the first time, large tiled area with the bonus of three pets. Loved it convenient, I added a small power cord so I didn't have to swap power points. Fast and easy. Found that after a while it was leaving debris behind because of accumulated pet hair so just swapped mop heads and powered on. Won't be going back to vacuum & mop/bucket.

Sydney, NSW

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Brilliant product. Saves so much time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

I love this machine! It's fantastic! Our entire house is tiled, no carpet at all, and I bought this machine so I didn't have to drag the mop and bucket out everyday.
It doesn't do a fanstastic job on huge messes, large amounts of dirt or dried food to vacuum up or messes stuck heavily to the floor - but it does very well on everyday to moderate messes. As long as you don't let messes get horrible, then you'll be all set!
It's very easy to use, warms up very quickly and does a good job.

The pads need changing after every use, maybe twice per use if you have very messy floors, and the water lasts around 30 minutes on low steam or 20-25 in high steam, possibly a bit longer (which is a lot longer than the book says at 15 minutes... extra bonus!). The floors are also nearly completely dry as soon as you go over them. So no wet footprints!

Definitely worth the money!

ADELAIDE

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 14 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Great product, works well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2016

This is a product that works exactly as advertised. Which can be surprising. It has a strong steam function which cleans floors well and leaves them with only a small amount of dampness which allows for quick drying. The vacumm function is probably the most surprising. It works very well, has a strong suction and picks up all those last bits that mopping always brings out.

Overall very happy with this machine.

Perth

Private message

Problem with pump no steam. 2 machines down.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2016

We have now had 2 of these ,achines stop working. Bissell eventually replaced our first one.
Yes we followed all instructions and only used distilled water and changed filter. Seems there is a problem with the pump component.
What a shame because it was a good concept having the vacuum and steam together.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

It's OK, I was hoping for better.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

After reading the reviews I bought this Vac & Steam. If I'm honest, it's not as good as I had hoped. The vacuum function is good, if a little loud. Prior to using it I give the floor a sweep to remove dog hairs. Our floors are all tiled. The main problem I've found is that even with the vacuum, if there is any hair/dirt still on the floor and it gets wet from the mop it just stays on the floor. It takes a while for the steam to dry so you often end up walking over it leaving footprints. It can also be a little streaky. As I say, it does a job, just wish the job it did was a little better than the other reviews suggest.

Private message

Super clean floors, very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

Just used my 1132F for the first time-- my floors have never been this clean. EVER. (and my house is pretty clean) Next time I will vacuum anywhere that needs it first before using any steam as it the vac function seemed to work better when the pad was dry. My floor looks amazing. Definitely need a lot more pads, I rinsed and reused the pads numerous times, so more pads is a must.

Purchased at: David Jones

• 5 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 8 answers
  • 48 helpful votes

This really works well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Fast and simple to use. Very good if you have a large floor or tiles or timber. The vacuum component is great with pet hair and fine dust. Not a gimmicky device but 2 items every house hold has to use on hard floors in one device.
If there is one negative, the device might feel a little heavy.

I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2016

Bought the Vac and Steam because I wanted a combination vacuum for the carpets and a steam mop for the tiles, does both brilliantly. It's great to also vacuum the tiles and mop at the same time, makes the tiles look brand new, light and easy to use, very happy.

Awesome product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2016

I purchased my vac & steam mop few months ago and very very happy with it. I usually use steam & vac function on my tiled floors and it saves sooo much time. I highly recommend this product especially for people with big floor area or people with small kids.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

• 7 answers
  • 31 helpful votes
Private message

Great steamer and vacuumer, but not together

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2016

This is a sturdy, well made steamer and has a really long power lead, which is wonderful. Steaming is great and so is vacuum however when I tried them together the result was not the best. Suggest vac first then steam - perfect. The mop pads wash easily in the machine and dry quickly. Big downside for me was that it is quite heavy (I am 62 and not strong). Still happy as I have lots of hard floors, tiles and polished boards, and steam is great for my home.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

• 3 helpful votes

Best vacuum purchase todate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2015

This is a great product. Very good for someone with a busy lifestyle.

Only one hitch, the dirt tank lock seem to unwind when in use. However its a very minor thing and outweighs the real practical benefit of using the device.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want to spend lot of time vacuuming.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold coast, QLD

• 1 comment
  • 6 answers
  • 74 helpful votes

Very convenient !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

Bought on special. I will say this is my first steam mop so have no comparisons however I'm extremely delighted with it. It Makes mopping the floors so much easier, quicker ... Possibly fun! Saves lugging out the old mop and bucket routine. No chemicals etc. Quick to use, fill the unit with water , plug and go . Love that the vac is inbuilt so you don't have to vac first , such a time saver!! And it actually has great sucking power and isn't louder than a normal vac. My house is full of timber floors as well as tiles and the water lasts the whole house (on low for timber). Dries quickly too. I was worried as I read some people say it was heavy but I'm petite with no muscles and found it easy. I do however wish the cord was a bit longer or better yet was battery rechargeable as I'm constantly switching points.. But better then constantly changing the water .. And it feels so much cleaner.

Purchased at: David Jones

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Lazy man's dream

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2015

OK, I'm a skeptic, an appliance that vacuums and mops the floor at the same time cant be true. I purchased this with the 90day money back, and will not be giving back to Bissell, it does exactly what is says, I have tile area downstairs and low pile carpet upstairs and this work a treat, we have cats and it has no trouble keeping up with the cat hair .

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Carina

• 12 helpful votes

Best invention ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

This has saved me so much time and our floors keep so much cleaner. We have large white gloss tiles and various other methods had all left our floors with streaks or smears. It's worth taking the time to perfect your technique with it and you can overcome most down failings eg. black marks. It is a little heavy and doesn't do small spaces that well but the good waaaay out weighs that!

1 of 2 pages