Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Time saver on hard floors

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Positives: Cleans well, leaves a streak free finish. Copes with the dog hair. Great for big hard floor areas. ( I have Lino and tiles but as it uses only a small amount of water so it should be great on timber floors as well). Also good to freshen traffic areas on carpets and large rugs. Light and easy to use - kind on your back.
Negatives: It leaves a 4cm edge that it doesn’t clean. Washing everything takes a some time but I sometimes just rinse out dirty water canister and not worry about the roller. Doesn’t like small mats, tends to suck them up. It is a little expensive.

• 59 comments
  • 1 question
  • 35 answers
  • 66 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

The Bees Knees

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I bought this beauty 2 years ago this month and it goes like the clappers.

Has a rotating brush that gently scrubs dirt on the tiles or floating floorboards and with the detergent filled water, lifts it effortlessly into the clear plastic container (kinda like a Dyson dust bin but with dust and water).

The machine has never let me down.

Love this machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I use this machine on tiles, I love how much it cleans the floor. It's so satisfying to tip out the filthy water! I love that it doesn't need vacuuming before you use it. I don't use it alot though, it's tricky with a baby crawling on the floor, and it's too loud to use while she is sleeping. I do love it though, I will no doubt use it more when she grows up a bit

Queanbeyan

work well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I am very satisfied, the product accessories are complete, the quality is very good, the color collocation and the design are very perfect, completely conforms to the consumer's psychological expectation.The operation is simple and convenient, and it saves time and effort when it is used. It's easy to connect and charge. Highly recommended.

Hermitage

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Don’t forget about the filter!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I’ve had this vacuum for 2 months and was about to call for my money back based on how poorly it was performing. It would hardly suck up anything bigger than dirt or hair and was leaving muddy puddles of water everywhere! After a short conversation with a bissel support tech I discovered there was a filter on the dirty water tank that gets clogged. There was about and inch of dog fur built up on that thing!! One I removed it my vacuum was back to working like new! Long story short, don’t forget to clean out that little filter!

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Does the job of a vacuum and mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

I use this on my hardwood floors and it does a great job. It is just as if I’ve vacuumed and mopped. It is fairly easy to clean afterwards but i have sometimes forgotten to empty it and it’s beyond disgusting to clean later! It also doesn’t clean right to the edge of the floor, nor does it do any scrubbing as such.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Port hedland

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Probably my biggest purchase regret

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Doesn’t work well on my Lino floors and leaves a big wet muddy mark dragging after it. Is ok in carpet for cleaning and vacuuming but is really bad on my flooring. It doesn’t get close enough to the edges and so I have to go over it again with a broom and mop which was what I was trying to replace with this system. Very unhappy.

perth

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Blew up in under three weeks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Awesome for the first three weeks then made a high pitch noise and then went bang
I emailed them and messaged on facebook was banned from there page for asking why I haven't been contacted customer service terrible had to go to the ACCC before they would act please check the amazon reviews and see all the terrible reviews

Purchased at: Bissell Outlet Store

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

There is a UK repair review he pulled it apart and The floor head it faulty as it will corrode with any water residue at all. For a wet a dry mop vac not good

sydney

• 7 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Excellent hard floor cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Purchased on line from Harvey Norman on 26 April 2018 so got a great discount! The performance is superb. We have engineered hard wood floors throughout our three bed unit, which can't be steam mopped, plus two tiled bathrooms. This machine cleans then vacuums up the dirty water leaving the floors almost bone dry! Detergent may be expensive but does the job and leaves a fresh smell. A bit noisy and heavy to use but it's a quality machine and we hope we won't have any problems with it. It doesn't get right up to the edges but that's easily cleaned by hand. The main part of the floor area would be the dirtiest! So we use the Bissell about every 4 weeks and do a quick vac with our stick vac in between.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

This is a life saver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2018

Absolutely amazing! A variety of heads to choose from and interchange so cleaning the couch, the curtains and even mattresses has never been easier! I honestly don't know how I lived without it! My family pops over a lot unexpectedly so it's perfect to quickly grab and whiz around the house without worrying about cords or lugging a big heavy machine!

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love it - cleans tiles and carpet easily

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

This machine is excellent. Cleans my porcelain (sealed) tiles really well and also the carpet.
Although it says it’s for rugs only - rugs are basically carpet!
highly recommend over the Karcher (plus the Bossell has a 30 day money back guarantee while the Karcher doesn’t).
My tiles have never been cleaner.

Williamstown, South Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great machine but BISSELL isn't so great to deal with

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I purchased this machine in November 2016 and I genuinely like the idea of an all in one - but I am rating this machine with only 3 stars because the company has no concept of customer service.

WARNING: There is a rubber seal that sits between the floor tool and the waste container. This can slide out with the container if there is some dirt and water that causes it to stick ... and this happened to my machine. The problem was, the rubber seal fell off as I was lifting the container off and I wasn't able to find it (I suspect a certain puppy may have taken it outside). No drama - I thought I would just purchase another since I imagine it would not cost much - but BISSELL refused to assist in that measure. First of all - because it has no 'part number' I was told I could not buy the part. Secondly, while they wanted me to send the machine back, I was also advised that because they had not heard of this happening before means there is no 'manufacture defect' - and that then brings into question their 'warranty - which is a limited warranty' - which does not cover claims unless subject to manufacturing defect. On that, I was not prepared to send my machine away only to be stuck in a dispute as to whether the claim was due to manufacturing defect ... then to potentially be liable for expensive postage costs. All this over a rubber seal worth a pittance.

So - please be aware, this seal can come out and may vibrate loose causing suction loss. If you lose it - Lord help you because BISSELL won't.

Kudo's to Harvey Norman who sold us the machine. The lass from HN was very quick in making sure I was able to get a new seal ... the same day. Given there is no such part, I can only assume HN have taken one insitu.

So yes - the machine is great - not perfect but it does a great job - 'clean up' is a pain but an even bigger pain is the company that makes the machine. BISSELL is uncompromising and and wasteful. Vent over. Good on you Harvey Norman Munno Para SA.

DALWALLINU

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Good but not perfect - have had 6 months and used alot

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

This machine is ok. I bought it because I was sick of my Norwex mop.
I do like the idea of clean water down, dirty water up...that does seem to make more sense than just scrubbing round the same old water with my Norwex mop.
However a few things;
You can't go fast! If you are in a hurry, it's not a case of apply more pressure to the mop handle and it'll but ok, if you go fast, your floors don't get mopped very well at all.
It doesn't get into the corners, about an inch out and the inch it doesn't get...it seems to spray formula on to it anyway and you end up with a grimy inch around your skirtings.
It's an ordeal to clean compared to an old mop whereby ripping off the pad and throwing it through the machine is all you have to do. Honestly...it's a mental thing...but the thought of cleaning it puts me off mopping my floors.
It seems to sometimes spit dirty water out behind it which drives me crazy because you are supposed to be cleaning your floors not dirtying them...

However, over all I think my floors are cleaner and once every now and then I run round with my old Norwex mop after I've mopped with the crosswave and this gets the edges and the little dirty spits.

Very good performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

I have wood floors which I cant mop or use the steam mop on, ive used just a vacuum on it for the 6 months ive lived here and it just doesnt feel like it is clean. They arent sealed floorboards and it states on the bottles of formula not to use it on unsealed floors but I used it tactically pulsing the formula onto the mop brush as to not soak the surface as a maintenance wash and daily I will use it as a dry mop! The only things that I can say make this product imperfect is the cord, if the cord gets in the way you have to lift it up and over the cord and doing so causes the cut off valve to initiate inside the dirty water tank, and also you have to clean the filter after every use and let dry for 24hrs, if its not dry for the next use then you have to go without until its dry (winter rainy weather can cause problems with the drying of it) im looking into buying a spare filter for it but yeah, in a nutshell its a great machine for wooden floors but if you have tiles id still have a steam cleaner at hand because if you have a tough job on the grout this machine wont do, it will clean the surface but if the grout is stained or has build up of tough grime you will meed a steam cleaner then you would use this machine to maintain and refresh.

Garran, ACT

• 16 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 72 helpful votes

Miserable Service-No Product or Stock Knowledge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

Today I tried to order a Bissell Crosswave Pet from the Bissel Outlet Shop in Victoria. As the order did not pass through the checkout I had to ring the Bissell Customer Service. Speaking to a consultant it was clear to me that the female customer service person did not have a clue about the Bissell products and about the stock situation. It lately happens that outsourced service support personnel does not have any product knowledge nor the knowledge about accounts. In my case, the consultant was hopeless and was not able to proceed with my order resulting in the cancellation of my order for $445. If Bissell can afford to lose customers that is fine with me but I am sure it is not in the interest of the management of the company. Maybe it would be better to have a local in-house product customer support that understands plain English and would be able to assist the customer to order the right product and do the purchasing proceedings. Bissell, you lost me as a customer!

Purchased at: Bissell Outlet Store

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

MELBOURNE

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Time saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

I am very happy with this product, I no longer have to vacuum first and then follow through with a mop and bucket. I did have the vax floor cleaner but it broke down so I replaced it with the cross wave.
The machine is light and easy to use, the dirty water goes into a seperate container for easy emptying. I have three dogs and a cat so I generally mop every second day. This machine picks up all dirt/fur while mopping so my floors are done in half the time.
It doesn’t reach under all my furniture so I do need to use a mop in these areas but for daily cleaning it’s perfect

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Made cleaning so much easier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

The crosswave has made cleaning my floors so much quicker. No longer having to vacuum them mop has cut my cleaning time in half. It's easy to use and does a great job. It's perfect for cleaning up after 4 young kids. Highly recommend this product and I would definitely by again.

Purchased at: RetraVision

vic

• 1 comment
  • 3 questions

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Not so perfect as coed is too small

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Hi, I just bought this recently as I have a 2 year old at home and it’s easy as it mops n vaccumes at the same time but unfortunately the cord was so small it was not covering even 1/4 if our living room and we don’t have enough PowerPoints to cover foot path and other parts of living area and as we bought it online we dint know how to use it and it was leaking all dirty water after some time then we went to store for demonstration but even then we were not happy as the main purpose is to clean our white tiles it was not useful for us so trying to give it back unfortunately.

Sydney

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Cleans the floor but poor cleaning under things

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

This vacuume cleaner dose a great job on the carpet but is extremely difficult if you want to do under things as it dose not go low enough. The sucktion is good and cleans up even dirt but just sucks around and under things. The cord also is a tad short

Purchased at: Kmart

Date Purchased: May 2018

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

It works great in the middle of your floors. If that's all you want clean. Doesn't go around furniture, doesn't go under furniture, and doesn't get around edges. It sucks. It does pick up and do area rugs. That's about all it's good for. Use your vacuum and buy a Ocedar Spin Mop. Then you can get all the dirt.

1 of 5 pages