• 1 review
  • 2 questions

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Rubbish product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I am very dissatisfied with this product. It is over 2 years old, now blocked, not steaming, useless. I always used deminarised water and used correctly this mop. Technician checked, reassembled mop, No blockage inside, infixable, can go to rubbish. Dont buy any Bissell. There are better quality steam mops on market. And my message to Bissell company: Please do a customers favour - Make a better quality product, this product is honestly rubbish, wasted my money, wish to get money back!

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Does the job, but parts are ludicrously expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

We have a around 30sqm of black polished porcelain tiles in our kitchen which we use this mainly for. It cleans well, can sometimes take a bit of time to get stubborn gunk off it and can be a bit streaky at times but otherwise cleans ok. Not the easiest to maneuver and can take a bit to build enough decent steam up, but again is OK.

My wife over tightened the black plastic cap which ruined it and when we looked at replacing it were horrified at the cost to replace what would cost no more than 50c to make. $26 delivered... wow Bissell... just wow. Apparently its $12 shipping and handling. You can try justify that as best you can, but there is no hiding the outright robbery of such a thing.

I would hate to think how much it would cost to fix/replace a part of any size and worth. It was actually $5 cheaper buying it from a shop on ebay.

Never, and I mean NEVER would we consider another Bissell product.

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Makes mopping easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2016

I purchased this mop recently and since using it my floors are cleaner for longer, and my mopping time has been hugely reduced - which is a winner in my books! The pads are easy to wash, and the fragrance disks they provide smell amazing! When I first used it I was horrified (but pleasantly surprised) at how filthy the pads were afterwards!

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

A Load of Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Purchased mop in July 2016. Stopped steaming in November and leaked from tank. Rang CS and was left on hold for 8 minutes. Told to refill tank at least twice more to see if problem still existed. Did this and problem still the same. Rang CS back left on hold for 15 minutes at which time I was disconnected. I then emailed CS and 8 days later I received an email requesting copy of purchase receipt. What a joke their warranty is. Luckily I was able to return the mop to the retailer for a full refund (thanks Masters). My advice, avoid Bissell products like the plague.

Purchased at: Masters Home Improvement

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2014

I can certainly live without it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

Not happy with cleaning power, not easy to maneuver. Doesn't steam up very well, could do better with a mop. I find it hard to push abou and have to go over the same place more than once. Not happy at all. Certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
What else can I say but I'm not happy with it.

Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Not outstanding and not poor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

We had it for about 3 years. It worked well but now it is blocked. Water comes from a safety valve, the heating element is blocked with scale.
My mistake was to disassemble the heating element. I would recommend everyone just to use vinegar. Google it.
Apart from this everything was ok. But I expected a longer life time.

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

DON'T BUY A SOUR LEMON

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2016

This 1440-F steam mop only works fine for less than a year before water tank cap is broken. Bissell CS agent wanted to charge us for a new water tank although the steam mop was less than a year after purchase. We finally got a replaced water tank after an argument with CS agent (we should, because the machine is only less than 1 year).
We now have problem with this machine again! almost no steam out of the mop but water dripping to floor when using it. This has just past 2 years warranty. CS agent told us to contact its agents. Bissell only has 4 agents in NSW. Only 1 located in Seven Hills Sydney, rest 3 are all located regional areas in NSW (Griffith, Port Macquarie)
I have to give up and trash this product. Definitely a terrible experience with this product. Last thing, Bissell CS agents attitude is bad!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 4 helpful votes

Terrible, barely steams

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

The steam barely heats up and when I contacted Bissell as the product was still in warrenty they said if it turned out the product wasn't actually faulty I'd have to pay a serving fee. Seems crazy since it's a steam mop that doesn't actually steam. It just sprays water on the floor. Better off just using a regular mop as this is a complete waste of money.

Disappointing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2016

I was really disappointed with this mop . I loved the way it cleaned the floor but I found it difficult to constantly hold the trigger in to release the steam . After a few weeks the water holder broke and I had take it to be repaired . Then after a year the handle broke . Poor customer service

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Worked well for its warranty period failed just after

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

Literally 2 months post warranty and the once well working mop started tripping our home circuit. I start to then question its quality.In my opinion this is no better than the cheap Kmart $45 mop. Bisell have really poor service, quite disappointed. I now have 2 of these in my garage . Not buying this brand again

Purchased at: Masters Home Improvement

Perth

Cleans really well!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2016

Finally decided to spend some money on a steam mop, and didn't regret it! This mop cleans so well. Usually we get a terrible wet dog smell from cleaning the doggy areas, but I think the steam kills the stinks. No smell when cleaning these areas :)

It's really quick to heat up, and is pretty efficient with the use of steam. 500ml of water on medium setting did about 50 square metres or so.

2 downsides. One is there is no retractable power cord so it is quite short. The other is that the mop isn't super dry. If you expect a steam mop to leave you with a perfectly dry floor, then you'll be disappointed. But because it heats the floor a bit the water dries off much faster than conventional mops

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Love this mop!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2016

A few friends have steam mops and raved about them. I got this one as I was told it was easy to move around and also you are able to quickly and easily add water mid-clean and you can! It's not as light as a standard mop of course but compared to friends monster steam mops - is much easier with its swivel head. Also remember you can't hold down the steam button! Read the instructions.

I've had this 6 months plus and use it every week. Very fast heat up and no waiting to add extra water plus the swivel head +++.

A wonderful investment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2015

Purchased mine 20/12/15. I've used it twice & it's absolutely fantastic. My tiles have come up so good.
So much better than the mop & bucket. So easy to move around & light. My friend recommend Bissell to me. I should've bought one ages ago.
Thanks for a great product

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers

Verified Purchase

Great steam mop!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2015

I have had this mop 3 months and am really pleased with it. With 3 steam levels it cleans well and is far better than hand mopping. I use the heavy duty pad as our dog often leaves muddy prints or smears on the tiles and if used slowly cleans really well. The 5m cord is adequate however a 9m cord like our vacuum cleaner has would be a plus..

Auckland NZ

• 6 helpful votes

Wish I hadn't bought it

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2015

I have back problems and arthritic hands and 70sqm of white tiles. This mop is heavy to push and I have to hold the trigger in all the time or the steam stops. The little brush at the back is useless. I thought it would be good for the grouting. It's hard to get the cap on the head and you have to leave it until it cools to take it off. The mop leaves the tiles a bit wet compared to the other steam mops I have owned. I wrote to Bissell to make sure I was using it properly and basically their reply was "tough, that's the way it is" put a bit nicer but the meaning was clear.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Seaside Heights, New Jersey

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Hate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2015

Was really excited to get this home. I have polished ceramic tiles and a mop leaves streaks. I did a lot of research and it seemed many people say steam mops are perfect for this. Well I just used it. It's really hard to push around and my floors are really streaky. Payed over $200 for this thing and feel ripped off. DON'T waste your money

The best steam mop!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2015

Tried others and this is great. Lightweight with 2 steam levels. Two hooks on handle for cord winding. Comes with 2 cleaning pads that are easy to fit on base and the water tank goes into the side of the unit so easy to refill.
The only downside is you can only turn off the mop at the power point, so I have had to walk back across a cleaned floor.

Banora Point

• 8 answers

Do Not buy this product and I wish I'd never bought this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2015

I have contacted the company several times of the machine not working they do not care. The first few times it was in warranty now it is out of warranty be two months and still will not work. The handle rubber is rubbing off and I was told that it must be my fault. I do not have rings on my right hand so how can that be. They will replace this at my cost. This is the second time I can't get it to steam. The first time the steam was coming out the back of the body. They told me to use vinegar to clean it, I did this now it doesn't come out the bottom after only one use. I have hardly used it but hey it doesn't work anyway. Very disappointing. Customer Servi76.ce there is none.

Sydney

Great steam mop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2015

Always had Kenwood steamy mops but went with Bissell this time, Love the shape of the big head, gets into all corners & does the floors in extra quick time. I have big high gloss white tiles & leaves no streaks at all. Water tank is good size, easy to use. You do have to hold trigger the whole time, but that's not hard.
You can also steam your mats or carpet with it
Only bad thing I can really say is it it Extremely difficult & fiddly to put the cloths on the head of it. Old people would certainly struggle. Cord is shorter than Kenwood.
Also would make it easier if it had a resting mat ( like a Kenwood) instead of the hard plastic thing as u have to position the head correct way & directly over it .
Otherwise LOoove it

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 57 helpful votes

good while it lasted

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2015

Enjoyed using this for the short while I had it before it stopped working - (about 4-6 times). Took a bit of getting used to, as I thought it would be like a hydro plane - instead it does take a bit of effort to push around the floor (video clips make it look so easy) I think how easy it is to push around depends on how clean your floors are! I used it mainly on hardwood floors and one tile room and two linoleum rooms every thing came up very clean. Water container lasted quite a while only needed 1-1/2 to do all my areas. No drips and removed stains and minimal wetness on the floor. The cord is a bit of a pain (I have a ducted vacuum system so haven't needed to worry about cords or sockets in years!) but if you are used to negotiating a cord with a vacuum cleaner shouldn't be a problem. I had to keep the button depressed to get the steam working. Other reviews I read said you didn't but not sure if it was because mine was faulty (broke after a few uses) or if that is the way it is supposed to work.
I loved the fact that the floors, especially wooden, did not get drenched in water and dried in a fraction of the time it took with a regular mop. The box also said it came with a air freshener pad - mine didn't.
My advice is get the best steam mop you can as it is something you will use frequently and for a long time. Not sure which brand that it, as it is back to the drawing board for me (need to negotiate with Myer if they will refund or replace the Bissell!)

Purchased at: Myer