Model: DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

Happy but some questions..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Happy with my blackvue dash cam. Was setup professionally by an independent auto shop (not by blackvue). However this company did not seem to have the time to explain how my new blackvue set up works so I have muddled through it myself. I understand how it all works now, I think, and I am happy with cloud and WiFi connections and the concept of this. I am wondering if I can set up a 3rd WiFi option (for at work) If so, where can I find how to do this. Also, is the WiFi connection only approximately a 10 meter range?

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Kimmy, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you are happy with your new BlackVue. The DR750S-1CH can store 3 network connections which the camera will connect to when... read more »

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 14 helpful votes

Excellent product - Few things to be aware too

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Very easy to set up, but the cable to connect main front cam and rear cam is slightly short for my vehicle (4.75m long vehicle) if I try to completely conceal the cable. It would have been much better if the cable is 0.5-1m longer..

Quality of recorded footage is good, but struggles to capture plate number of the vehicle in front during the night driving when head lights are on.

I've hardwired DR750S using Power Magic Pro (hardwiring kit) in order to use the parking mode. This kit has few issues. 1) Cigar jack connection socket is used to connect the dash cam and the kit, meaning you have to have a certain space around your fuse box, 2) If you have no suitable fuse for connection around the driver seat, the switch box would be placed away from the driver seat. My case I had to place it at the far corner of the glove box because suitable fuses are found on the passenger seat side which is a bit inconvenient. 3) GND wire's terminal is so small, so I had to change it with bigger one before connecting.

Cloud function is a very handy function, but have to have a mobile Wi-Fi device connected to a mobile battery for long hour use unless your cigar socket is connected to a constant fuse.

And lastly, if you want to use a larger size SD card, make sure to format it by your PC first. If you format or initialise it through the dash cam, it won't work unless it is a Blackvue SD card. I am using SunDisk 128GB which was formatted first by my i-Mac and it is working perfectly.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Lunero, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We do have optional 10m and 15m coax cables for longer vehicles such as yours, we'd be happy to supply you one free of charge if you like? R... read more »

Wow, thanks for a nice gesture. I would love to get a longer cable. Please let me know how can I be in touch. Thanks a million.

BlackVue Official

Hi Lunero, just send us an email to sales@blackvue.com.au mention this review and we will take car of the rest :)
Cheers,

sydney

• 6 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Excellent Camera, Support thats second to none. Dont buy a Lemon Product or service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Nice Dash cam, easy to use, good features. App is very good especially for retrieving footage onsite where an accident has occurred for viewing by Police. Set up was pretty easy & recorded quality is very good. Rear camera ideal as sometimes front only camera tells half of the story. Had an issue with the camera & received Excellent service from Auto Blackbox, the Australian Distributor for Blackvue Dashcams. They go above & beyond should any issues arrive with your Camera, Doesn't matter what Retailer you brought from. Even follow up Phone calls or emails to make sure everything is good & you are Satisfied. I would dare say by far the best customer service I have ever had on any product I have ever purchased. If only all Customer service was this Good!!
A big Thank you to Chris, Tom and the team.

Purchased at: Autobarn

Comments
BlackVue Official

Thank you firezone for your kind review, we are very pleased to hear you are happy with your Blackvue :)

A+++++ perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Everything is perfect
5/5 for night n day time
5/5 for recording

With this camera u can’t go wrong with anything
I like it so much I bought any one for my another car. The BlackVue app work excellent too
The cloud is work excellent too if u have wifi hotspot in ur car

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Leon, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for your camera.
Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever have any further feedback.

Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Missing footage when needed most, new phone = start over for app?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

First it seems that my new phone samsung S9+ transferred the app from my S8+ but did not bring the camera(s) information with it. huge hassle cant find the blackvue box to scanning the code or find serial # to set up the new phone.... so I still have my S8+ and was able to connect via wifi and view some of the footage.

TO my surprise the camera seems to only record several minutes of each drive or not at all. Today of all days, on my way home about 7 minutes into the drive there was a tree trimming crew on the side of the road working. One of the guys goes to throw a pretty big branch into the truck he is working with but over throws the bed of the truck and the branch lands in front of my car bounces up and breaks the trim on the front lower end of the car.
I think, no worries I have it all on video. WRONG camera was not working during that part of the drive, it appears to have shut off or stop recording within several minutes of leaving home depot!!!

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Dana, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your BlackVue. The cameras information is not transferred to knew phones, but you can easily obtain this from the camera itself, ... read more »

BlackVue Official

Hi Dana, just wondering if you have resolved the issue or contacted our support team for assistance?
Thanks,

• 5 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

good image quality but quite a few flaws

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I will not complain about image quality but the system has some serious shortcoming.

1. If you use WiFi functionality to connect it to your phone you will not have Internet so forget using Google Maps or anything else while connected to the App. This is a design flaw from BlackVue as you can actually specify that your wifi connection does not provide internet like the GoPro or TomTom Bandit action cames do. This will then allow you to use 3/4G for internet while connected to the camera via WiFi.

2. The app is mediocre and not very user-friendly.

3. There is no way to quickly tag an event, someone cut's in front of you etc. trying to find that event later means spending a lot of time going through all footage.

4. Purchased a Scan Disk 64GB DashCam card which does not work in camera.

5. After a recent Firmware update camera ended up in restarting loop. Needed to send it in and received a replacement after a few weeks.

Overall I regretted my purchase and would not purchase it again.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi rygar22, Thank you for taking the time review your BlackVue dash cam. We are sorry to hear that you are not overly happy with your purchase and would like to help resolve your concerns as best w... read more »

Hi rygar22,
Just wondering if you had a chance to reach out to our support team yet, hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

how can I reach out to your support team, no one answers the phone during business hours? After you send me a replacement it worked for a while, however, I just bought a Samsung EVO PRO Endurance 6... read more »

Australia

Good Camera But have a Bad Floor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Its a very good quality camera for picture, very clear. love the camera it look cool and blends in with my car.
BUT the very annoying thing is when connected to WI FI the all the normal data service does not work. so have to turn of wifi if i want to use any data on my phone. This was annoying at first, but now i have it for a while, its frustrates me that i have to keep turning wi fi off when in car to use data and remember to turn it on when i get out of car.
i dont know why but cant use my location service or cloud service through the phone WIFI..

Purchased at: Online Computer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Blades, Thanks for choosing BlackVue as your preferred Dash Cam. Unfortunately most smart phones do not have the ability to connect to a WiFi network and the Cell network simultaneously. BlackVu... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Superb after sale support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

After sale support is superb, James is the most competent person I dealt during after sale support of any product. I had some problem with my DR750S and all issues were fully explained and as per my request I upgraded for DR900S. I am now happy with video footage and my parking mode works perfectly. Thanks James (autoblackbox support team in Osborne Park, WA)
Stefan (Bruno)

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Stefan, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you are now happy with your BlackVue camera and all features are as anticipated. Please feel free to get in touc... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

Good Camera overall. Features are good. Camera quality could be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Had this for about a week and its been good so far. There are a few issues that bother me though.

1- The app does not us to manually delete of footage. Although you do not need to delete them as it writes over them, an option would be nice.

2- G sensor would record whenever i close my door even how lightly i close it and how low the sensitivity is. Should be a little smarter and perhaps only record it as an incident if the car doesn't move off in 5 mins?

3- the cloud connectivity sends me a notification on my phone (cloud connected or cloud disconnected) eveytime it gets connected to the internet or when i drive into my compound. An option to turn that off would be great. I wouldn't want to be reminded that im home as im driving home.

Other than that its a good overall camera and it seems reliable and well built. Price is a bit steep but i think if you're more focused on video quality, you can get other cameras with better quality with a fraction of the dr750s.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Iggy, thanks for taking the time to review your DR750S-1CH :) We will definitely forward your feedback to the manufacturer and hopefully see some of the improvements you mentioned. I will point ... read more »

Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Good but night video needs work

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Good cam but night time is very grainy when no street lights are on.Other then that its a good cam.License plate reading is okay.Cant always see license plate i like the way its very discreet and the live feature is cool as well and love how u can view recordings through phone price is a tad expensive but u get what u pay for.

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Phong, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Low light conditions are challenging for all types of cameras however the DR750S series over comes this with the Sony Startvis sensor which i... read more »

Yeah cheers like the camera though.YOu guys should have a trade in upgrade process for the 900s...

Melbourne

• 18 comments
  • 30 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Fitted yesterday and so far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Fitted yesterday.

Cameras and app seem to work well. Ability to modify settings easy enough. I chose to operate my cameras without lights as they are apparently a theft risk. So I've switched off all LED lights which no longer distracts me white driving and makes it very subtle.

The front camera sits behind the rear view mirror so I can not see it other than for the wire connecting into the roof lining.

Seems very well presented and solid.

Only negative is it looks like it picks up my bad singing LOL

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi 747800, Thank you for the review and glad to hear you have found a configuration that suits you. FYI you can toggle audio recording on/off by swiping your finger over the light sensor on the... read more »

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Awesome Dashcam - Excellent Video Quality.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

I tried afew cheaper dashcams over the years. One thing I can say from experience is spend a little extra and get a quality unit, you'll be way ahead in the long run.

Took the plunge on the DR750S-2CH after discussing my options with a guy at SPORTGPS (forgot his name) who was pretty helpful and knew their stuff. Apprehensive at first but boy am I glad I did.

The Blackvue features and video quality are awesome. Light years better than the previous cheap dashcams I've owned. Fits nicely behind the rear view mirror and the app lets me connect with my phone to view live footage or change some settings on the fly.

Would I recommend it to anyone, you bet. Quality unit all round.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi DannyBoy, Congratulations on your recent purchase and thanks for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review, please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Thanks again,

Love this camera

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

This is my 3rd dash cam, after poor experiences with other brands the guys at Alberts talked me into trying a BlackVue. I’m so glad I did, the footage is awesome and the app is the best in the business. Will definitely get one for my partners car as well. Would highly recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Hot Rod,
We appreciate your time in leaving us a review, feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions or feedback.

Perfect addition to my Tesla

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

I hunted around for a long time looking for the best camera for my new Tesla, after a lot of research BlackVue seemed to be the only one that met, actually exceeded my expectations so I went for the front and rear option and opted for the largest memory card, which is 128gb, couldn’t be happier with the footage and how discrete it mounted in my car.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Tiny,
Glad to hear you chose a BlackVue dash cam for your new Tesla!! We appreciate your time to leave us a review, feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions or feedback.

Not MMI friendly

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

Can't work with Audi MMI, as it interferes with the bluetooth when the iphone app is on. It plays back well on the iphone but takes up lot's of memory on your iphone. When the iphone app is on, you can receive calls on blue tooth but will not revert back to your radio station after the end of the call, otherwise, great little camera.

Purchased at: Supercheap Auto

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Ross, thanks for your review! Unfortunately car manufacturers do not release their API codes or work with other companies to integrate software with their MMI. However your phone should still b... read more »

• 20 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: DR750S-2CH (2 Channel)

Great quality camera, poor app capabilities

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Can’t fault the quality camera on this, it’s second to none and surpasses any other Dashcam I’ve seen.

The app however is a bit of a disappointment. It’s sluggish and clunky in areas, and data transfer is slow, even when using WiFi to the Dashcam and sitting in the car.

Even more of a disappointment is the lack of ability to rotate the front camera video. You can select to rotate the rear camera, but no option for the front camera. The reason this is an issue is that we had to install the camera flipped so the cables would go up the left side, as my car has a large safety camera and sensors behind the dash that controls the various car safety features. Such a small feature that should just be there from the get-go. Yes, I can remove the microSD card and use the BlackVue app on a computer to rotate the video, but then the time stamp is upside down, and it’s just a pain when it could just be built into the firmware like it is for the rear camera.

If the app got an upgrade, data transfer improved, and ability to rotate the front camera in addition to the rear camera, then this would be perfect.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Daz, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, our support team also received your email. We will be sending your feedback to the manufacturer and hopefully they take it onboard. It wo... read more »

Goldcoast

• 6 comments
  • 2 answers

G season fault

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

The funny thing is I have the same problem with my camera and the shop telling me that it’s the first one ! Tried a new one and it’s the same. A lot of money for something that has a bad fault. It’s been sent back to BlackVue and we will see. .Not happy.

February 16th 2018 Update:

I would first like to say how happy I am that Gold Coast car sound Paul and Gareth could not have been more helpful.
All the way through my problem Blackbox have answered my questions on here and have been very helpful.
In the end they phoned me to try and get to the bottom of my problem.
I have been told I am a little fussy and to some point that may be true.
I think that when you purchase something the back up help you get ,or not get is vital and this I have received
With out any negative response is brilliant.
Tom at Blackbox has listened to me and have made some adjustments and educated me
To the best adjustment for me.
There seems a fine line to record and false record with the g Sensor. But I would not like it
To not record something so the adjustments Tom advised me seem the best.
All in all the camera is a very nice piece of kit and the back up Top notch.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Kev, Sorry you're not having a good experience with your DR750! We hope we can rectify what ever issue you are having with your camera as soon as we get it. We're not sure exactly what fault yo... read more »

The g sensor is faulty as with David’s camara. You say on his review you will change the camera but with mine the shop swooped it for another one and this one did the same. .?.

BlackVue Official

Hi Kev, It's irregular behaviour for sure. When we get the unit back we can ascertain what might be causing it. We can also investigate other cameras to see if the issue is persistent, and it may ... read more »

Silky Smooth footage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

From my very little experience with dash cams I must say this one is my favourite so far.

Being able to access cam via cloud/wifi is great. no more fiddling around to get SD card out then forgetting to return it to the camera (i did this many times in the past).
And sharing footage is handy.

The support Blackvue have given via social media has been top notch as well.

I think its bit to expensive but good value if you get it on sale.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Rohan, Great to hear you're enjoying your new BlackVue dashcam and all the support you have received has been helpful. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please feel free to get in to... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Awesome Dash Cam - Highly Recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

Awesome bit of tech, been looking at a dash cam for a while now and decided on the Blackvue DR750s-2ch due to its tubular design. Its biggest draw card was its parking mode sensors as i work at major shopping centre and wanted the added security for my car due to careless drivers and vandals. The G Sensor and motion sensors are great, a tad sensitve but with a little trial and error i have got the settings where i want and couldnt be happier. The Wifi function makes changing the firmware settings very easy via the app on my Samsung S7. The Cloud function is great feature too as i have my work and home set as hot spots. Overall the video quality from both front and rear cameras are well above my expectations, especially at night. The unit was easy to install, Its a nice compact unit and blends in well with the interior of the BT50. This unit paired together with the Power Magic Pro is perfect. Definately recommend it.

Purchased at: Automotive Superstore

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hi Nathan, Great to hear you're using you DR750-2CH to its full potential and enjoying the improved security. Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding your camera system. Thanks for ... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 54 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Much better than my older DR500GW

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

This camera with its new sensor is a step above the older models. As said the G sensor is a bit too sensitive but can be turned right down and if you turn audio warnings off you dont notice it. Also have seen it said that video can be better especially at night on 30 fps and you need a fairly fast SD card to use 60fps I use a very fast 128Gb Samsung or a Sandisk extreme Bought mine on a promotion from Autobarn Xmas weekend with the PMP for $300

Purchased at: Autobarn

Comments
BlackVue Official

Hello G, Thanks for your review!! Glad to hear how happy you are with your purchase. It's worth me mentioning that only MLC Class 10 Endurance microSD cards are suitable to use in BlackVue dash cam... read more »

I understand what you are saying but i have had the Samsung and the Sandisk for 2 years and as long as I format them about every second month have had no troubles. I have reformatted them to suit ... read more »

BlackVue Official

Hi G, we can confirm the BlackVue branded SD cards are in fact specially made for BlackVue dash cameras in South Korea, they are made to the specifications of MLC Endurance and use customised contr... read more »

1 of 2 pages