Ordered 2 books, only got one

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Ordered 2 books on 6/6/2017 received one after one month.
delivery man just dropped it out my house. not even bother locking at the door.
contacted Bookfari asking why the other one not received. after 1 week still no reply.
I'm just worrying about my credit card number!

Not Recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Ordered a book 15-12-16 & never received a confirmation or a shipping email. Amount was deducted from my paypal account on the day. Decided a couple of days ago (11-1-17) to ask if item had been shipped (gave paypal transaction ID for reference as had nothing else to identify (no confirmation received for order). Received a reply within a day asking for the order number. I replied that I had never received such info. & that I felt my paypal transaction number should have given enough info. for this (had also given them title of book & author). Informed them I would be raising a paypal dispute to recover the money as they appeared incompetent & reviews here were on the whole not positive. Dispute was settled the following day.
It appears to be hit & miss with these guys, an organization that is not very well organized, so you are going to get inconsistent results. My attitude these days towards this type of situation is get your money back asap, do not let them side track you with excuses etc, it is not worth the time or effort.
I would also like to add that I have just received an email from Bookfari on the 13-1-17 explaining that the order was cancelled "...your order it is cancelled due to supplier stock selling out." Yet I have just gone to their website & the same book is still available, at the same price (similar situation to another persons review here). I would now give this organization 1 star..

Verified Purchase

Best price, arrived on time in good condition..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

I bought a copy of Climbing Knots from Bookfari, I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else, I went through a website called Booko that does price comparisons..

The book was coming from their UK warehouse, so took 12 days to arrive. They did say 10-20 business days though, so this was the quicker end of the scale. Same for books I get from Book Depository really, so no complaints there.

• 1 helpful vote

Hopeless online ordering

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

I tried to order a book but the system came back that there was an error so I thought that the transaction was not processed. I've just my bank account and found that it has been processed twice. These people are too stupid to deal with.

My Book arrived quickly, 10 days

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2015

I ordered a book and received a confirmation of order email but a couple of days later still no dispatch email.
I contacted customer service who kindly confirmed my book had been posted on the purchase date.

Poor company policies - Not Customer Focused

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2015

I ordered one book through Bookfari. After a week or so a book delivery arrived but it was not my order but a different book meant for someone in the UK. After having to prove this to Bookfari by emailing photos I was asked to return the book to a replied paid address. Bookfari advised they would not send me my correct order until they received the incorrect book. When I indicated that I wasn't happy that my order would be further delayed due to something that wasn't my error their reply was "sorry but this is our company policy" - one of the w orst responses you can give a customer not to mention it being a policy that doesn't support a positive customer experience. Even though there was not a postage cost I did have to purchase packaging to return the book as the one it came in was easily destroyed upon opening. Bookfari offered me a 10% discount voucher for a future purchase to cover the cost (for the books I buy this might end up being merely $1.80-$2.00) but I declined as I advised I wouldn't be purchasing from them again. I asked for a refund instead of sending me the correct book which they advised they wouldn't issue until they had received the incorrect book. Overall a very high effort & disappointing experience.

I have bought over a hundred books online and have never had an issue with Wordery or Book Depository and would strongly advise against anyone using Bookfari for online purchases.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 18 helpful votes

Beware this bookseller

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2015

Being a seasoned book buyer, I should have known better but they had the book I wanted when others didn't - HA ! but they don't really. Ordered and paid 3 months ago ! On the 24/4/15 they sent me an email saying the book was shipped from the UK supplier and would arrive in 10 - 20 days. It is now 2 months later and no book and waiting for them to respond to my emails.

Interestingly they claim to be all local and Australian and not a big multi-national but in the contact us section, all Corporate enquiries go via Singapore. Hmmmm. Wont be using them ever again.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Total waste of time - didn't have my book after screwing my around for a month

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2015

Comments

As a follow up to this review. After talking with Bookfari, they did eventually ship my book, so I received in the end. Albeit 3 weeks after I ordered it, but I did get my book. So it was not a total waste of my time.

Bookfari - takes cash, gives no books

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2015

took 2 weeks to tell me they couldn't deliver the goods because they weren't in stock. The refund is in progress... we shall see.

Loganholme

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Dodgy....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I ordered a book-set on 19.12.14 - cost $66.50.

One month later when it hadn't arrived, i emailed to find out why.

A day or so later i received an email which advised me that their supplier had run out of stock but hadn't advised them, order could not be supplied, and that a refund had been made to my paypal account. My money was refunded instantly.

All very good so far (disappointing though).

However - the item remains on their site, supposedly in stock, now priced at $112.18.

I have contacted them several times to point this
out and ask why they don't simply supply my order, since they are still advertising they have stock. No reply.

Suspect that the new supplier charges them more, so they are unwilling to cop the extra to supply my cheaper one. A bit of goodwill would see them supply anyway and i walk away happy, recommending them to all my friends.

As it is, i am left with the impression they are dishonest, mean and don't really care about customers ....... Won't use them again.

Comments

Finally, 9 days after my last email to Bookfari notifying them that their website was still displaying 'in stock', I received this reply: "Unfortunately our local distributor is having trouble upd... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

50% success rate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2015

I've made two orders. Both times i ordered two books and only one was delivered. Both times when i've ordered the books it's said they're in stock and they'll be sent in 1-2 working days. Both times i've had to contact bookfari to find out what has happened to the second book - they don't bother to contact me. Both times they've taken the money from my credit card when the book hasn't even been sent!!!! Both times they've had to refund me for the book they haven't sent, weeks after they've supposed to have been delivered. Shan't be using them again.

Bewari of Bookfari

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

Placed order 18/12/14 and received shipping advice email 21/12/14, both had my correct address. Received another email 31/12/14 saying order had been returned undelivered to Bookfari, this omitted the unit number from my address. If the customer service person had bothered to check she would have realised this. Replied to email 1/1/15 and rang Bookfari 6/1/15 as order still missing. Told mine was one of many orders that had been returned undelivered which made me wonder just how many other items had been incorectly addressed. I was told th at they still hadn't got round to re-addressing my order but that it would be re-sent on 7/1/15. On 8/1/15 I received another email acknowledging that they'd incorrectly address my order but that it would be sent that day. It's now 12/1/15 and the order has only just arrived, three weeks after it was placed.
While all this was going on I received orders of a book from Booktopia and shoes from Styletread in 2 working days plus a book from Abe Books/Book Depository UK within 10 working days. Bookfari may slightly cheaper for some items but they're not worth the hassle. Next time I'll stick with a company I know to be reliable.

1 of 2 pages