Ordered 3 weeks ago still haven't received and messages have gone unanswered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

Ordered a book on the 29 th of August I have still yet to receive this book and my message to book topics has gone unanswered. Also my attempts to call the 1300 number were unsuccessful. Order number is 6089161

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Grace, I'm sorry for the delay with your order and for the lack of contact. I've responded to the message you sent with an update, and upgraded the order to Express Post to ensure the item reac... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

non delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

My book was to be delivered on Wednesday 13th September. The tracking advice was that it was delivered. On Thursday 14th I contacted Booktopia on 1300187187 to seek advice and was told that an enquirery would be made to Aust Post. I have had no advice since. My order no is 6122998. My attempts to ring the 1300 number has not been successful

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, I'm sorry about that, delivery investigations with Australia Post can take a few business days to be completed however I can see that my colleague has since organised for a replacement t... read more »

Jessica
Thank you for the prompt attention to my concerns. I am appreciate this and am very happy with the service I have experienced. Again, many thanks.
Jean

joyner

Private message

paperback book contents are very different compare to hardcopy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

the contents of the paperback book are very different compare to the hardcopy. many important diagrams were missing and Booktopia did not warn readers before they put order in. those diagrams are important part of this book i bought.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Coty, The publisher of a book will usually use the exact same content between paperback and hardcovers, the difference is normally just the quality of the item. I'm sorry to hear that some con... read more »

Jessica, order number is 6122987. I did write to Booktopia, but nothing came back.

Hi Coty,

Thanks for providing your order number. I've contacted the publisher of the book about this and will respond to the message you've sent to us once I've heard back from them.

Extremely disappointed - No customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Placed an order on the 27th of July, the book was said to be "partially shipped" and that more stock would arrive around the 4th of August. One and a half month later and still no reply either from the online message centre and I called multiple times and all customer service representatives were "too busy" to answer the call. Terrible service and extremely disappointed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Shay,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let me look into it and sort it out for you, could I have your order number please?

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Talking to myself..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

5 weeks later, still waiting for the rest of my order, sent a couple of messages, no response. It's well passed the expected arrival date. Called up customer service, was told my order would arrive the beginning of this week, it's now Friday and the status of my order is still 'Currently no stock'. This is taking too long and there has been no communication from their online team. Disappointing.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jorel,

I'm sorry to hear. I'd like to look into this further and provide an update ASAP, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, Thanks for your reply. My order number is 6012623, I received 1 of the 2 books I'm waiting for, on Wednesday 13/09/17. I'm waiting on 1 more book and I'd really appreciate some... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Jorel, Thanks for providing your order number! I'm so sorry for the delay you experienced with this order, we were unfortunately having some supply-chain issues with one of our suppliers. The g... read more »

Fathers Day gift didn't arrive in time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I paid for express post on Thursday, package arrived Monday. An email should have been sent telling me it wouldnt arrive in time.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Keryn, I'm sorry to hear this. We do advise when you select the Express Post option that we will ship the parcel the next business day. Australia Post then usually take a business day to delive... read more »

was a loyal customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

On September 5th I bought 4 book with my Load and Go card then on 7th found out that they took the same amount out again, found out that the first transaction was a Pre Auth Transaction POS Signature. This has never happened before. With a PrePaid Load and Go card you can only spend the money that you nominated to put on. If they wish to do this they should put the Pre Auth Transaction money back into your account straight away, not waiting up to 7 days before transaction goes through. I'm not impressed, how dare they hold my money for another 7 days. It's not their money but mine. In the past, i have been very happy with their service but this has put a big damper on this and I'm not sure if I will buy from this company in the future. They have no right to hold money that isn't theirs, they take it out quick enough but don't give it back in the same time frame. Hate to do this for I have had good service before but not giving a good rating because of this incident. Supervise from booktopic returned my call promptly and happy with this but could not resolve my money issue quickly.

September 13th 2017 Update: Extremely poor service

Bought 4 books on 5th Sept then on 7th they took out the same amount again. Rang to let know was not happy and they said it could take up to the 16th to reimburse the money back into my account. Don't know how this can happen this digital age, money should go back in immediately Now is the 13th Sept and still no money. Rang up and it took 26 minutes for them to answer the phone. No wonder people get so frustrated it's a form of stealing as far as I am concern. This was a Load and Go card and it has never happened with any other company that I use this card with. Just want to warn people that if you are using a LoadandGo card be very wary.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue, Thanks again for the feedback and Darren the Team Leader briefed me on your call last Friday. As agreed, we provided Australia Post written confirmation that the pre-authorisation was co... read more »

Unfortunately no Book in Booktopia!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I ordered a book online and paid via Paypal. 3 days later i get an automated email stating book not in stock. I queried this status via chat service and was told they cant give me estimate of arrival, but probable 3 weeks! Not enough staff to update stock lists apparently - anyone looking for a job?

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, That's not a great outcome and I'm very sorry about that. If you wouldn't mind letting me know your order number I'll find out some more info and see what we can do about sorting somet... read more »

Perth

• 5 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Poor customer service. On hold for ages, emails ignored!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

Order placed based on information on the website about a particular book that it would be dispatched 7-10 days.
Over 3 weeks later, no book.
Several messages sent, no response.
Why advertise as if in stock when they are not??
False advertising. Not impressed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear. I'd like to look into it further and sort it out for you, could I have your order number please?

• 1 helpful vote

Order is 22 days late, they're ignoring my communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

32 days ago I placed a large order with Booktopia. Several items were marked that they would ship between 7-10 business days, it's now been 22 days since that initial 7-10 time frame expired. I have sent numerous emails and messages to Booktopia, and they haven't responded to a single one. I don't know if or when I'll ever receive my order. I honestly can't recommend buying from Booktopia to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lucy,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further and sort it out for you. Could I have your order number please?

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Ordered a book and it did not arrive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I ordered a book from Booktopia on August 1, 2017 via Ebay. The payment went through. I contacted Ebay on August 30, 2017 as the book had not arrived. Ebay contacted Booktopia who despatched the book on August 31, 2017. Awful service. Far better to have gone through BookDepository or Amazon who seem able to deliver promptly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Marijune,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look further into it, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

No customer service and no book

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I have been unable to contact Booktopia by phone, either getting a message that all the staff are on training and will be back in an hour or have placed in queue for over an hour with no success. My messages have not been responded to. Ordered a book on 5 August, credit card charged, no book, no contact, no customer service.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jowats,

I'm very sorry to hear this. If I could grab your order number from you, I'll provide an update right away.

Unreliable poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I was buying New Moon Graphic Novel vol 2 I have been lied to they said it was on sale then I was told I didn't pay for even though the money was taken from my account then got another message saying it had been dispatched now they don't even have it in stock and are waiting on a back order very disappointed don't ever buy from them. book depository are far more reliable and deliver much quicker

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Brianna, That sounds like a strange sequence and not what normally happens. If you wouldn't mind let me know your order number I can see what went wrong and make sure you got the sale price you... read more »

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

This is the first time I have used Booktopia online and I was very disappointed - not by the service (which was good) but by the condition of the product.
I ordered four hard back/ coffee table books. Only two were wrapped in plastic to protect them. Of the two that were not wrapped one was in really bad condition. The cover generally looked very old and grubby. There were black marks along the edges - particularly the back, as well as 3 'dings' in the red cover (showing the white colour beneath.
While the book was on sale, there was no suggestion anywhere that I was buying a damaged or second hand book.
In short, the damage to the book was very obvious and it should never have been sent out in that condition.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there Sarah, The wrapping (or otherwise) of books is done by the publisher and their suppliers. We do what we can to store the books to retain their condition. We only sell new books. We d... read more »

worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

I have ordered CCNA routing and switching 200-125 and simmulator library.
before purchasing they told me they have it in the stock and i can have abok in less than 3 business days,
I received the book in 10 business day, they the simulator did not have access code, so i could not sure the simulator.
asking for access code, they told me to return the package first then they organise either replacing or refunding,
Such a waste of time

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Rita, I found your order and can see what happened. I'm very sorry about the advice to return the item from one of our team as you were already dealing with another team member about this. I'... read more »

Longest Shipping Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I bought two books, and it's like eternity to get them shipped. OMG! I'll never buy anything from Booktopia again any more!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Haotian,

Sorry to hear! I'd like to look into it further and see where the order is up to, could I have your order number please?

Thanks!

Never had a response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I ordered book supposed to be "in stock" on August 13th, since then the status in the page says it will be shipped within 1 to 2 business days. it's been more than a week already and I haven't received any tracking number or answer to the messages I have left trying to contact booktopia. service is awful...

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Daniela,

I'm very sorry to hear this! I'll sort it out for you, could I have your order number please?

packaging is a disgrace

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

please think of the environment when sending out goods

your packaging is wasteful and pollutes this wonderful planet, i sent you a photo of two deliveries of books i recd yesterday , one efficient , one wasteful

I have a photo if you need the pictures to illustrate your delivery compared to another

Happy to help you improve in this area

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Tim,

We'd love to hear more from you. If I could grab your order number, I'll send you a direct message about where you can send that image.

Thanks!

Dungog

Book never arrived

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I bought a $50 book thinking to support the Aussie company against the Amazon juggernaut. The book never arrived and they refuse to answer my calls or emails. They basically just stole my money.
PS I've done some roaming around the net and it seems Booktopia's business model is to claim that all books are in stock, take your money, and if the book is not in stock, they make themselves uncontactable and maybe, eventually they will get over their "supply chain problems" and actually deliver the book. They do seem to have one customer service staff member who, oddly, works at this site instead of their own site. On the off chance that she bothers to read this, my order number is 5957545. If this sort of service appeals to you, by all means use booktopia. Otherwise, I've found Amazon are very good. I am currently gathering together a portfolio to forward to the ACCC and Dept of Consumer Affairs. I will keep you updated on how that goes.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, I'm very sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us, and for the delay you experienced with your order. While we do stock around 100,000 titles at our warehouse in Sydney... read more »

Thanks for that. I just received the book this morning, sent by express post and in good condition. I can completely understand how an order could run late due to unusual circumstances beyond your... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi again, That's great, I'm glad to hear it arrived in good condition! You're absolutely right, a quick response is a reasonable expectation. I hope you'll stick around as I'm confident your next... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments

Customer Service Non-existent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I placed my order on the 3rd of August. On the page, it stated that it was out of stock but that more stock was expected to arrive on the 7th of August. I was fine with waiting 4 days for it to be in stock and for it to be dispatched within 1-2 days. Bearing in mind, I need this textbook for my university studies so it is incredibly important that it arrives in a timely manner.

It is now the 15th of August, and I have since called their "help centre" phone number numerous times to only be put on hold over and over for half an hour as all the customer service reps were "too busy helping other people".

I have also tried messaging them with the live chat feature, and when I tried to submit the message an error message popped up saying there were no customer service reps available even though it was in the middle of their business hours.

My order status has said "in progress" for several days now (no idea what that even means) so I have been trying to follow up the order but no one seems to want to help me. I want a refund on this product, I'll get it from somewhere more reliable.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Caitlyn,

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us. I'd like to look into it further for you, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

My order number is 5985334.

Booktopia Official

Hi Caitlyn, Thanks for providing your order number! I've looked into this further and found that the publisher has recently made this item a print on demand title and so every copy we order will n... read more »

1 of 17 pages