Non arrival

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

This is very disappointing as I have not received either items. Really disappointing! I will check with Post Office but received no card either.

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I cannot believe it takes over a week for an item to get from Sydney to Wollongong. There is a promise on the website of next day service well I ordered my item on Thursday 12th April and it is now the 20th April and still no sign of my item. I will not order from this website again would be quicker to go to a real bookshop and order.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Celtic, We're sorry for any confusion; all of the time frames on our site are shipping time frames, not delivery time frames. This means that in-stock items leave our warehouse the next busines... read more »

probably wouldn't use again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Decided to use booktopia as I was informed if in stock, my books would be shipped the next day and I would get them within the week and I didnt want to wait two weeks to get them from the UK off another site. Put my order in on the 5th it is now the 17th and I still have not received them. While I understand that there can be delays, I would expect the customer service to be much better. They seem polite and helpful when talking to them, but twice I was told they would look into it and get back to me that avo and that never happened. Maybe more customer services people are needed in NZ as twice I have called and have had to wait over an hour for someone to answer my call. On the plus side I was offered free shipping and the books are a good price.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Doreen,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into this further to see what caused the delay and how we handled your query.

Could I have your order number please?

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Do not expect your refund to be returned on time.. still waiting.
Nor your books.. which after contacting them finding out its 7-10 day shipping when purchased it said next day shipping.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sun,

Let me look into this for you. Could I have your order number?

Terrible! Terrible!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I am a student. I ordered my text book from booktopia 2 weeks ago and paid online. When I ordered the book it said it was on stock, but It hasn’t arrived yet. It’s text book and my exam is on next week. I called them and they said it will takes 7 extra days to send me because it is out of stock!!!!! Terrible terrible service!!! I won’t use BOOKTOPIA AGAIN!!!
It is much cheaper to buy in co-op bookstores!!!!

You can go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

My brother purchased a board game for me through Booktopia and not only did it arrive with missing pieces but when trying to work with them on a solution (replacement) they consistently told me that I would get an email to let me know when it will be dispatched and that would be 7-10 working days. 13 working days passed and still nothing. Contacted them again and still no solution. Honestly, for the price you're paying you can easily go elsewhere online that have WAY better customer service and much better quality books for a better price.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi BCT,

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get the replacement to you. If I could grab your order number I'll chase this up for you.

My book was damaged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

The book that I have ordered was damaged before it reached me. They offered to send me another copy but it was out of stock so I would have to wait for an unknown amount of time while I needed it to study asap. How frustrating!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Van, I'm really sorry to hear about this! It's very frustrating when this happens, so we're always working to ensure that our items are received into our warehouse and leave our warehouse in pr... read more »

Never buy an Ebook

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

I purchased an Ebook that I needed for university and had problems from the second that i payed for it. The software that booktopia requires to read the Ebook is not very MAC friendly and took way too much time and effort to download. It worked for a few weeks and then just stopped working one day - which just so happened to be a day that I required the book for a university assignment. When I contacted booktopia to try and find a resolution, they said they didn't have one and wouldn't know when they would be able to give me one.
This resulted in me not being able to finish my university assignment.
I ended up having to by the book in hardcopy and waiting for it to come via mail.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this a little further and have this issue sorted out for you. Could I grab your order number please?

Incredibly unhappy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

I purchased a textbook eBook from Booktopia and was unable to download it. I spent over 2 hours speaking with various employees and received no help and was denied a refund. They kept telling me that it was "my fault" that I couldn't access the textbook I purchased from them. The issue is still not resolved... I guess I have just wasted that money.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Isabelle,

I'm really sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into the issue you're having further, and also see how we handled your query. Would I be able to grab your order number please?

Nothing has arrived

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Contrary to the confirmation I received via email, the book I ordered has not arrived and I'm leaving the country tomorrow (the reason I ordered the book in the first place). I have not heard anything from PBT couriers about any attempted deliveries either. As I have already paid for the book, nothing has arrived and I won't be able to receive it after tomorrow I don't feel that I can give any stars at this point.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Walter,

Sorry to hear this! Let me look into this for you, could I have your order number please?

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Used Booktopia twice, both times had problem, will not be using again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

I've used Booktopia twice now to order textbooks for my course, both times ordering in good time for when I needed them and both times not receiving them until my module has already started.

1st time (Nov 2017): I was initially overcharged, which on contacting them regarding the additional charge I was informed they could not find my order on their system (they had already taken the money from my account by this point). After three consecutive days of repeated contact with them and escalation, I received a cursory apology, the refund for the additional charge and they dispatched the book.

2nd time (March 2018): having placed an order for a textbook with a 4-day delivery estimate I have received a notification that although they stated the book was in stock, it was actually out of stock and will take 9 days to come back into stock before they will release my order.

I will not be using their services a 3rd time! I look forward to Amazon getting into full action in Aus and bringing some much-needed quality driven competition!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a couple of disappointing experiences with us. I'd really like to look into your most recent order and see what happened, could I have your order number please?

Transport

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I think a 21 day delivery by AU's post is absolutely pathetic. I believe you need to consider other options. eg Toll group do a 3 to 5 delivery from the East coast for the same price.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Brian, It definitely shouldn't have taken 21 days for delivery, although you may have purchased an item from us that has a longer shipping time frame. I'd like to look into this further and se... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Will never order ebook from booktopia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Ordered an ebook- with the expectation that I can easily open it - at the very least as a PDF, can’t even save to iBooks. Booktopia warn your customers before they hand over their money. I also don’t want your reader.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Bonnie, We're sorry this wasn't the experience you were expecting. All of our eBooks are available in PDF or ePub format however they're protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). You can us... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I have been trying to buy Jeremy Oliver's Wine annual for 2017 and 2018. When I googled them I got your website with Jeremy Oliver Wine Annual as the headline. I then entered your online shopping and bought what I thought was the 2018 Wine Annual but what turned out to be the Good Wine Guide. I have now found out that Jeremy Oliver has not published the Wine Annual for 2017 and 2018. I would like to send the Good Wine Guide back to you and get a full refund including return postage as I feel that I have been misled by your advertising that made me believe that there was a 2018 Wine Annual available. Regards awaiting your reply. Arthur Yencken

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Arthur,

Let me look into this further for you. Could I have your order number please?

Private message

You didn't do what you said you would do

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Books purchased had 1 - 2 day turn around and it took longer. We missed the birthday time frames. That was disappointing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear it didn't arrive when you were expecting it. I'd like to look into this a little further, could I have your order number please?

6893287 Order number

Booktopia Official

Hi there, Thanks for providing your order number! Since it can take a varying amount of time for the parcel to travel to different states from NSW, where we’re located, we can never predict the ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible Terrible Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Absolutely appalling service! So disappointed with Booktopia. I placed an order 9 days ago and it's still yet to be shipped from their warehouse. It's 2018 it should not take 9 days for an order to be sent from NSW to Brisbane. I am relying on these text books for University. After sending an email to booktopia to follow up about my order I still did not get a reply. I then used the online chat and chatted with someone who had absolutely no respect or empathy for me. I have spent a lot of money for these books I would expect a little respect as a minimum!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sophie,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd like to check up on the order and see how we handled your enquiry. Could I have your order number please?

Hi Jessica.

My order was received yesterday. Order number: 6847534

Booktopia Official

Hi Sophie, Thanks for providing your order number! I'm sorry your message wasn't responded to right away but I'm glad you were able to reach us the next day on Live Chat. I've had a look into you... read more »

Postage disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I sent two books to a friends son, which I wanted to arrive before he started school. I selected books because they were next day delivery. The books arrived days later, after he started school. I’m disappointed because I would have chosen different books if I knew they’d arrive late.

Booktopia on line ordering.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Ordered a book which it said would be delivered within 5 to 9 days. My account was debited immediately for the cost of the book and shipping and simultaneously I received an email to say they were out of stock and were expecting new stock no earlier than 2 weeks! The free down loadable book you are offered after ordering are in fact mostly samples. My conclusion is that Booktopia misrepresents its products. to sort this all out and get a refund I had to make a 15 minute phone call. The booktopia rep I spoke to was very polite apologetic and helpful. Angus and Robertson is better and I avoid Amazon as much as possible because of shocking reports about the way they treat, some might say abuse their staff. Happy reading!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Norton, We're sorry for any confusion. All the time frames listed on our site are shipping time frames, not delivery time frames. In-stock items will be listed with a green tick and a shorter s... read more »

The quality of the book is terrible - unreadable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

The paper is so cheap it’s a dull yellow and the printing is smudged, can’t read the book. The service and delivery by Booktopia was however perfect.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear that the book isn't the best of quality! We'd really like to look into this further with you, would I be able to grab your order number?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, thank you for following this up. Confirmation number was 6791963. Thank you.

Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for that! I've had a look into this further and found that this edition of the book is a US trade paperback. This means it's the kind of book you would find for sale at an airpor... read more »

Cancelled order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Went on site to buy diary which the site said was in stock. Processed order and then 4 days later just cancelled my order and said not in stock.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what happened, could I have your order number please?

1 of 19 pages