Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us! If I could grab your order number I'll check up on the order and provide an update ASAP.

• 47 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 26 answers
  • 192 helpful votes

Too many times :- In-stock means nothing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Althom, That's really odd - a large majority of what we sell are stocked products and so there may be a short window where the stock is depleted. This would heavily depend on how much demand th... read more »

5802605.

Now 1 July. Note on my order states "Normally in stock at Booktopia. Currently no stock. Expecting more on 16-Jun-17" Booktopia also states on the book's main page - "ships in 5-9 days" when your... read more »

Non arrival of book

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Ordered the book over a week ago to take on a holiday overseas. We were told the book should arrive in 3 days. Unfortunately we are leaving today and the book has not arrived. Disappointing as this would have been a good read on the plane.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue, Sorry to hear it didn't arrive before you left for your trip! I'll note that all the time frames listed on our website are shipping time frames and not delivery time frames, so this could ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Probably won't order again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I ordered 4 books one arrived later than expected and I ended up cancelling the other 3 as they hadn't been processed yet. I have ordered from here before and the same thing happened but I thought I would give them another go.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Chrissy,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If I could get your order number, I would like to look further into it and see what happened.

Thanks!

Verified Purchase

Disappointed :/

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I usually get great service from this business, but I was disappointed when a book I pre-ordered didn't arrive on release day, and had only been dispatched that night, with a message from AusPost telling me the delivery expectation was seven days away. This is a book that is part of a very beloved series to me, so I went out and bought a copy from another bookshop. I can't help but feel frustrated, and a little silly, that I have spent money on a service that has not been fulfilled. For future reference, pre-ordered books should be dispatched earlier than the release day; one day, if the customer has paid for express, or three days, if the customer has paid for standard shipping.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jess, Pre-orders are a little tricky to promise delivery time frames for due to things like embargoes set in place by publishers and which countries we're able to source new publications from. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

To expensive can get it heaps cheaper at Bookdepository.com

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

It's a shame your prices are so high compared to BOOK DEPOSITORY.
Booktopia cost of book $66.40 shipping $6.95
Book depository cost of book $50.00 shipping FREE

If I did not have a voucher I would never have purchased anything from your site.
Sorry just being factual and objective.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, We have the opportunity to provide discounts on almost every single title we sell due to close relationships we've developed with local and International suppliers. I’m sorry we were not... read more »

Cockroach alert

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I was extremely disappointed to open my parcel and find a very large black cockroach. It clearly was in the parcel from dispatch which meant there would be eggs in my parcel.
A great shame as the rest of the service was good.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jane, Once again we're really sorry for this, and our Operations Team are checking to make sure this is a one-off situation. I hope you enjoy the credit on your next order and we'll see you ba... read more »

Where is it?

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

It said 1-2 days for delivery!! However it took 5 days!! I needed it for the weekend and as I'd ordered it on a Tuesday/Wednesday I thought I would've had it on Friday. I got it the following Wednesday.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Diane, Please accept our sincerest apologies for any confusion caused by the time frame listed. For all items in stock at Booktopia, we list a time frame of 1-2 business days for shipping. This... read more »

Delivery below par

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Book ordered eventually arrived. I would have expected 3 business days max within Australia. The book took over a week to arrive which was a bit concerning.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Antz,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Thanks!

I paid for Extra Post Shipping & had to wait 5 days for delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Hi Booktopia,

I made an order 5577152 last Wednesday and paid for Extra Post Shipping to receive my order very next day. I was assumed that Booktopia will ship my order next business day. But I didn't expect that it would be at 3 pm in the afternoon, so post service wasn't able to deliver it the very same day. Because of long Easter weekend, I had to wait 5 days (I actually paid Extra Shipping to avoid this situation).

I would appreciate if I could receive return of extra post shipping, because it's unacceptable to ship the order at 3pm in the afternoon.

Lucia Palusova

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lucia, I've reviewed the order for you and can see that your parcel was packaged up and ready for collection within 12 hours (one business day) of the order being placed, at 9am the following m... read more »

Disappointed.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Through a recommendation, I bought a book on Booktopia priced at $12.50 plus $6.95 postage. Very poor customer service, first and last time I'll be using Booktopia especially as I've now seen that the very same book priced at $12.49, free postage, is available on Book Depository.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Amar, I'm sorry to hear you found this a disappointing experience. We have the opportunity to provide discounts on almost every single title we sell. Our large range of books also means that yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 comments
Private message

Order not received after 7 days.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This is my first time ordering. I used this website as I was able to buy books I can't find in my library or local book shops.
This order has been in for a week but I still haven't received my order of three books.

Comments
Booktopia Official

HI Jan,

Sorry to hear you haven't received your order yet. If I could grab your order number, I would be happy to look into it further.

Jessica

My order number is 5477102. My order was placed 10 days ago.
Thank you.

Booktopia Official

Hi Jan, Thanks for that. I can see that you spoke to my colleague Coral on Friday regarding the delivery of the parcel. She launched an investigation with Australia Post and they've come back toda... read more »

1 of 13 pages

Hello, I ordered a text book on 07Jul17 which was immediately debited from my paypal account. Currently the status is pending with the book out of stock and more stock is expected on 11Jul17. It is now the 20Jul17 and there is no new update. I have attempted to contact booktopia regarding my order #5883708 via both the website message system and phone. My messages have gone unanswered and the wait time on the phone appears to be extremely long no matter what time of day I call. Any update would be greatly appreciated, if unable to stock please contact me in order to arrange refund asap! Regards, Tara

Tara asked on Jul 20, 2017

Dear Booktopia, I ordered a textbook on the 16th July which I need in time before uni commences. At the time of order it was in stock but I received an update on 18th July reading thete is "Currently no stock. Expecting more on 31-Jul-17". Does this mean booktopia will definitely have the book by the 31st? When can I expect to receive the textbook? If the issue continues will I be notified and given refund as I will have to look at buying the book elsewhere! My order number is 5914092. Thanks, Rachael

LisaBrinks asked on Jul 19, 2017

My order # 5802284 was paid for and purchased from your advertised stock in early June - I did not receive this book and only when I logged in to find out where the book was, did I even know there was an issue. Then I did chat, and was told there was no longer an issue, the book would be on its way. The book did not arrive, I tried to call - waiting in excess of 30 minutes & gave up, then I messaged and was told the Book was out of stock - Very UNPROFESSIONAL to sell a book that does not exist in the first place - So where is my book - you have my payment?

Magpie asked on Jul 15, 2017

Answer this

Hi Magpie,

I've checked your order and can see you've since spoken to my colleague Jenny. She's organised for a full refund to be issued to your credit card and along with this a $15 store credit will be issued to your account to use towards a future order with us.

We're sorry for the delay you experienced with this order. Your next order will be much smoother and if we can ever assist please do not hesitate to get in touch.