Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Not worth the effort

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Purchased five books online from Booktopia before 8am. Paid for overnight Express Delivery because I needed three of the books urgently (gifts). This took Booktopia 2 days. Not great, but OK. One of the books had a torn page. Tried to phone Booktopia Customer Service to remedy the situation. Gave up after waiting for 35 minutes. Sent an email to Booktopia on the 10th. Still waiting.......

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sussie,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let me sort it out for you, can I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hello Jessica, As of today I am still waiting for a response from Booktopia to my email sent through your website. All the details you require are in my customer a/c. It should not need a bad cust... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Sussie, I'm very sorry that you haven't had a response to your message, and for the trouble you had trying to get through on the phone, we have been inundated with contact from our customers an... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

If you have a book on backorder forget about being updated or being able to get in contact with them

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Customer service no. always says lines are busy or on training. I left a message to find out where a book I ordered on the 1st of June was through the message centre 50 days later and still haven't had a response. They say they have a chat button but it appears impossible to find.

If books are in stock they ship promptly.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi again!

I hope the information I provided via message was helpful, please be sure to let me know if I can assist with your order any further.

Jessica

Awesome shop as long as nothing goes wrong with your order

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Ordering from booktopia can be amazing. Order the book, pay and then few days later it arrives. The problem with this company is when something goes wrong which requires customer service, quite frankly there is none. Booktopia is completely lacking in the customer service department so you better hope nothing goes wrong with your order.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Harley,

I'm glad to see that this has now all been sorted out. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can assist any further.

Kind regards and happy reading,

Christchurch

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

It's been more than a month since i ordered my books

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

Hi booktopia,My order # is 5822334.I left a message about my order but no reply. Tried phone calls serveral times more than 30mins waitings but no answers so i gave up. Money is already paid by credit card so please refund the money or send me books asap. Thank you. Angela

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble getting through to us! I've sent you a direct message now regarding your order.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

After over 40 minutes on hold, about enquiring on the progress of the order of a university textbook I ordered on 5/7/17, they said they should have more stock by the 11/7/17, and I checked my order and it's still in progress and still marked as out of stock. I emailed via the help Centre, and nothing yet. And I'm getting very frustrated with the wait time and the same message on the phone. I will not automatically recommend them anymore after this experience, however admittedly I acknowledge that I ordered it when it was low in stock, or out of stock, but even just a short email reply would be greatly appreciated. But if I get this resolved, I will happily edit it provide an update on my post.

I'm doing my Bachelor's degree, and need this textbook ASAP., I am much in need of an answer. Oh, and I ordered it on Afterpay.....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us! If I could grab your order number I'll check up on the order and provide an update ASAP.

• 56 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 26 answers
  • 200 helpful votes

Too many times :- In-stock means nothing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I've ordered on many occasions from Booktopia and whilst I don't have a problem waiting on a pre-order or waiting on an item that is indicated as taking some time to deliver there's been far too many occasions when "in-stock" items end up on backorder.
In the latest episode they can't even give me an estimate of when my item might be shipped despite already having taken full payment. This is a practice that should not be allowed.
It would be a simple matter to contact the purchaser and tell them that the item is on backorder and billing will happen when it's ready for despatch.
Is now 27 June and the item is still listed as "Expecting stock on 16-June" however a response to a query as to delivery stated "We are unable to advise when the issue will be resolved"

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Althom, That's really odd - a large majority of what we sell are stocked products and so there may be a short window where the stock is depleted. This would heavily depend on how much demand th... read more »

5802605.

Now 1 July. Note on my order states "Normally in stock at Booktopia. Currently no stock. Expecting more on 16-Jun-17" Booktopia also states on the book's main page - "ships in 5-9 days" when your... read more »

Non arrival of book

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Ordered the book over a week ago to take on a holiday overseas. We were told the book should arrive in 3 days. Unfortunately we are leaving today and the book has not arrived. Disappointing as this would have been a good read on the plane.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue, Sorry to hear it didn't arrive before you left for your trip! I'll note that all the time frames listed on our website are shipping time frames and not delivery time frames, so this could ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Probably won't order again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I ordered 4 books one arrived later than expected and I ended up cancelling the other 3 as they hadn't been processed yet. I have ordered from here before and the same thing happened but I thought I would give them another go.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Chrissy,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If I could get your order number, I would like to look further into it and see what happened.

Thanks!

Disappointed :/

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I usually get great service from this business, but I was disappointed when a book I pre-ordered didn't arrive on release day, and had only been dispatched that night, with a message from AusPost telling me the delivery expectation was seven days away. This is a book that is part of a very beloved series to me, so I went out and bought a copy from another bookshop. I can't help but feel frustrated, and a little silly, that I have spent money on a service that has not been fulfilled. For future reference, pre-ordered books should be dispatched earlier than the release day; one day, if the customer has paid for express, or three days, if the customer has paid for standard shipping.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jess, Pre-orders are a little tricky to promise delivery time frames for due to things like embargoes set in place by publishers and which countries we're able to source new publications from. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

To expensive can get it heaps cheaper at Bookdepository.com

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

It's a shame your prices are so high compared to BOOK DEPOSITORY.
Booktopia cost of book $66.40 shipping $6.95
Book depository cost of book $50.00 shipping FREE

If I did not have a voucher I would never have purchased anything from your site.
Sorry just being factual and objective.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, We have the opportunity to provide discounts on almost every single title we sell due to close relationships we've developed with local and International suppliers. I’m sorry we were not... read more »

Cockroach alert

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I was extremely disappointed to open my parcel and find a very large black cockroach. It clearly was in the parcel from dispatch which meant there would be eggs in my parcel.
A great shame as the rest of the service was good.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jane, Once again we're really sorry for this, and our Operations Team are checking to make sure this is a one-off situation. I hope you enjoy the credit on your next order and we'll see you ba... read more »

Where is it?

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

It said 1-2 days for delivery!! However it took 5 days!! I needed it for the weekend and as I'd ordered it on a Tuesday/Wednesday I thought I would've had it on Friday. I got it the following Wednesday.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Diane, Please accept our sincerest apologies for any confusion caused by the time frame listed. For all items in stock at Booktopia, we list a time frame of 1-2 business days for shipping. This... read more »

Delivery below par

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Book ordered eventually arrived. I would have expected 3 business days max within Australia. The book took over a week to arrive which was a bit concerning.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Antz,

Sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Thanks!

I paid for Extra Post Shipping & had to wait 5 days for delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Hi Booktopia,

I made an order 5577152 last Wednesday and paid for Extra Post Shipping to receive my order very next day. I was assumed that Booktopia will ship my order next business day. But I didn't expect that it would be at 3 pm in the afternoon, so post service wasn't able to deliver it the very same day. Because of long Easter weekend, I had to wait 5 days (I actually paid Extra Shipping to avoid this situation).

I would appreciate if I could receive return of extra post shipping, because it's unacceptable to ship the order at 3pm in the afternoon.

Lucia Palusova

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lucia, I've reviewed the order for you and can see that your parcel was packaged up and ready for collection within 12 hours (one business day) of the order being placed, at 9am the following m... read more »

Disappointed.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Through a recommendation, I bought a book on Booktopia priced at $12.50 plus $6.95 postage. Very poor customer service, first and last time I'll be using Booktopia especially as I've now seen that the very same book priced at $12.49, free postage, is available on Book Depository.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Amar, I'm sorry to hear you found this a disappointing experience. We have the opportunity to provide discounts on almost every single title we sell. Our large range of books also means that yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 comments
Private message

Order not received after 7 days.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This is my first time ordering. I used this website as I was able to buy books I can't find in my library or local book shops.
This order has been in for a week but I still haven't received my order of three books.

Comments
Booktopia Official

HI Jan,

Sorry to hear you haven't received your order yet. If I could grab your order number, I would be happy to look into it further.

Jessica

My order number is 5477102. My order was placed 10 days ago.
Thank you.

Booktopia Official

Hi Jan, Thanks for that. I can see that you spoke to my colleague Coral on Friday regarding the delivery of the parcel. She launched an investigation with Australia Post and they've come back toda... read more »

Tauranga

• 2 comments
Private message

Took forever to get here!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

By looking on the tracking website, I could see that my book sat for several days at each stage and it ended up taking an unreasonable amount of time to get to me. I was really disappointed, and despite contacting both Booktopia and the courier company had no luck.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, That's disappointing, we aim to provide excellent service and prompt delivery so your feedback is much appreciated. If you'd like to give me your order number, I'll look into this scena... read more »

Hi Nick,

I'm sure this was an exception to the rule but it was really frustrating. It was order number 5407772.

Thanks,
Madi

Booktopia Official

Thanks! I'll contact you directly.

A few problems encountered

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

One of the four CDs had a broken cover and the CD, "Letting go of anxiety" has a cyclic click and some static noises on it. While it is hard to attribute blame for such things, I would like the faulty CD replaced. Otherwise all was great, you were prompt, gave clear instructions and it was all easy to do. Happy to do more business with you.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Robert, Aww, that's disappointing. On the bright side, we're happy to help - give me your order number and I'll arrange replacements which will be checked before shipped. Which CD arrived with... read more »

No delivery

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

We have been notified 5 times over 5 days that the books would be delivered and each day we get a notice that they will not be delivered. Australia Post are crap.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further and contact Australia Post if needed. Could I have your order number please?

Order of book.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

Tried to order book as gift to be sent to different address. Could not nominate receivers name so it will be sent to address in different city with myself (the purchaser) as the receiver. On phoning co.today to request a change held on for 15 minutes and was not prepared to wait any longer.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jackie,

I'd like to sort this out now for you. Could you provide your order number?

1 of 8 pages