Did not receive gift packaging I paid for

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

Paid for gift wrapping but on arrival book was not gift wrapped. The book came in just a normal postal envelope. Would like a refund for the gift wrapping

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ben,

I’m so sorry to hear this! Let me look into this further and sort out that refund for you. Could I have your order number please?

Private message

Book sent to wrong address

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

This feedback is the first I have heard of my delivery but no book has been delivered.
Waited for a long time on hold and eventually found out through live chat my book was waiting at a post office. As I work 6 days and cannot pick it up I was told my [name removed], who was helpful, that it would have to be shipped back to Sydney and then back to Burleigh. It will take at least 10 working days just to get back to Sydney and as a result I won’t have it to give to the Birthday girl on her Birthday. Shame. I guess you try something once hey.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further to see what happened and I'll see if I can expedite this for you at all. Could I have your order number please?

Sure thanks Jess. It is 6388997

Ripped off!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

I feel very ripped off after my purchase of Delicious Daily through Booktopia!
After seeing an ad my wife asked me to pre-order this book and so save 25% BUT by the time we paid the delivery fee and site fee, at $40.70 it cost almost as much as RRP. THEN when we saw the new release advertised at Dymocks for $29.99 we really felt RIPPED OFF!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi John, I'm sorry we weren't the cheapest option in this case. We will always strive to give the best price possible by sourcing locally where we can and providing discounts however we don't real... read more »

Undelivered books

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Hi there, am a little concerned received notification that my books have been sent but haven't received them yet. There was no note for post office pick up.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Vickie,

Sorry to hear! Let me look into it further, what's your order number?

melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

No follow up too slow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Spent a substantial amount on books 6 days ago, I estimate about 10 business days for my items to arrive which is pretty slow. I have yet to receive a response about my email I sent 2 days ago and I am very unimpressed considering how much money I spent here. I will never order from here again due to lack of communication and the snail pace of goods being received.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi June,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'll look into it further and give you an update ASAP. Could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your response the order number is 6261571 and this is in the email I sent on the 17th, are you unable to see this on your system to respond via Booktopia? The status is ... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi June, Thanks for providing your order number! I'm really sorry we haven't gotten back to your message as of yet, we have been experiencing a bit of a spike in customer contact. I've had a look... read more »

Springwood

Still waiting.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

My BOOKTOPIA order was confirmed on Oct 8. Aust Post emailed me that it would be delivered on Oct 11 but instead on Oct 11 I received another Aust Post email to tell me it had been delayed. On Oct 13, another email telling me it's "on the way". This morning I'm informed it's to be delivered today. Very disappointing service. BOOKTOPIA needs to address it with Aust Post and/or consider a new delivery service.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue,

I'm really sorry to hear about this! We'd like to look into it further and pass some feedback along to Australia Post, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, my order number is 6248824. I'm sure the problem was with Australia Post and I hope others understand that when reading my review.

Booktopia Official

Hi Sue, Thanks for providing your order number. No problem at all, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll definitely make note of it with Australia Post. I hope you enjoy the bo... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Don't order books that aren't in stock.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

First off, I do like booktopia and they have the widest selection of books. I've made a couple of orders, and if I'm ordering books they have in stock, they arrive quickly. But this is the second time I've made an order that has been partially shipped. The first time they completely forgot about the second part of my order and I had to email them to request the rest. And it's happened again! Sent a message through the website and no reply. I'd almost rather they wait until they have all the books to send them together if it's so hard. Grace

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Grace, I'm sorry to hear about this! It sounds like your orders may have been affected by recent supply-chain issues. If I could grab your most recent order number I will look into it and let y... read more »

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for your reply, I received an email today saying the same. The order no. is 6181815. Fingers crossed stock comes in soon.
Regards, Grace

Booktopia Official

Hey Grace, Thanks for providing your order number! It looks like it came in earlier than we were expecting and it should have been delivered to you today. Thanks so much for your patience, we hop... read more »

Terrible experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Purchased 2 books online from Booktopia (both said they were in stock)- only one arrived in the post. There was no explanation for the missing one. Called them on the phone and was on wait for more than 10 minutes (usually the case with Booktopia). Finally got through and the woman tells me it's out of stock!! They neglected to mention this on their website and didn't even have the courtesy to send a note along with our order to notify us of why the book was missing. Woman said they need to order from their supplier and it should get to them later that same week. It's now late the following week- and still no book. Called again- was put on wait for 10 mins AGAIN. I was most unimpressed and decided to take the business away from them and demand a refund. Was told even their refunds take 3-4 days to process. Would NOT recommend ordering through Booktopia. Tired of the hassle, the chase-up, the long waiting times on the phone, and blatantly deceitful misinformation on their website. Disappointed. Will take my business elsewhere!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Viv, We're sorry for any confusion with your order. In-stock items are clearly listed on our website with a green tick and all other items will be listed with a longer time frame, depending on ... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Not worth the effort

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Purchased five books online from Booktopia before 8am. Paid for overnight Express Delivery because I needed three of the books urgently (gifts). This took Booktopia 2 days. Not great, but OK. One of the books had a torn page. Tried to phone Booktopia Customer Service to remedy the situation. Gave up after waiting for 35 minutes. Sent an email to Booktopia on the 10th. Still waiting.......

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sussie,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Let me sort it out for you, can I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hello Jessica, As of today I am still waiting for a response from Booktopia to my email sent through your website. All the details you require are in my customer a/c. It should not need a bad cust... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Sussie, I'm very sorry that you haven't had a response to your message, and for the trouble you had trying to get through on the phone, we have been inundated with contact from our customers an... read more »

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

If you have a book on backorder forget about being updated or being able to get in contact with them

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Customer service no. always says lines are busy or on training. I left a message to find out where a book I ordered on the 1st of June was through the message centre 50 days later and still haven't had a response. They say they have a chat button but it appears impossible to find.

If books are in stock they ship promptly.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi again!

I hope the information I provided via message was helpful, please be sure to let me know if I can assist with your order any further.

Jessica

Awesome shop as long as nothing goes wrong with your order

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Ordering from booktopia can be amazing. Order the book, pay and then few days later it arrives. The problem with this company is when something goes wrong which requires customer service, quite frankly there is none. Booktopia is completely lacking in the customer service department so you better hope nothing goes wrong with your order.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Harley,

I'm glad to see that this has now all been sorted out. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can assist any further.

Kind regards and happy reading,

Christchurch

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

It's been more than a month since i ordered my books

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

Hi booktopia,My order # is 5822334.I left a message about my order but no reply. Tried phone calls serveral times more than 30mins waitings but no answers so i gave up. Money is already paid by credit card so please refund the money or send me books asap. Thank you. Angela

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble getting through to us! I've sent you a direct message now regarding your order.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Not impressed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

After over 40 minutes on hold, about enquiring on the progress of the order of a university textbook I ordered on 5/7/17, they said they should have more stock by the 11/7/17, and I checked my order and it's still in progress and still marked as out of stock. I emailed via the help Centre, and nothing yet. And I'm getting very frustrated with the wait time and the same message on the phone. I will not automatically recommend them anymore after this experience, however admittedly I acknowledge that I ordered it when it was low in stock, or out of stock, but even just a short email reply would be greatly appreciated. But if I get this resolved, I will happily edit it provide an update on my post.

I'm doing my Bachelor's degree, and need this textbook ASAP., I am much in need of an answer. Oh, and I ordered it on Afterpay.....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us! If I could grab your order number I'll check up on the order and provide an update ASAP.

• 56 comments
  • 5 questions
  • 26 answers
  • 203 helpful votes

Too many times :- In-stock means nothing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I've ordered on many occasions from Booktopia and whilst I don't have a problem waiting on a pre-order or waiting on an item that is indicated as taking some time to deliver there's been far too many occasions when "in-stock" items end up on backorder.
In the latest episode they can't even give me an estimate of when my item might be shipped despite already having taken full payment. This is a practice that should not be allowed.
It would be a simple matter to contact the purchaser and tell them that the item is on backorder and billing will happen when it's ready for despatch.
Is now 27 June and the item is still listed as "Expecting stock on 16-June" however a response to a query as to delivery stated "We are unable to advise when the issue will be resolved"

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Althom, That's really odd - a large majority of what we sell are stocked products and so there may be a short window where the stock is depleted. This would heavily depend on how much demand th... read more »

5802605.

Now 1 July. Note on my order states "Normally in stock at Booktopia. Currently no stock. Expecting more on 16-Jun-17" Booktopia also states on the book's main page - "ships in 5-9 days" when your... read more »

Non arrival of book

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Ordered the book over a week ago to take on a holiday overseas. We were told the book should arrive in 3 days. Unfortunately we are leaving today and the book has not arrived. Disappointing as this would have been a good read on the plane.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue, Sorry to hear it didn't arrive before you left for your trip! I'll note that all the time frames listed on our website are shipping time frames and not delivery time frames, so this could ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Probably won't order again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I ordered 4 books one arrived later than expected and I ended up cancelling the other 3 as they hadn't been processed yet. I have ordered from here before and the same thing happened but I thought I would give them another go.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Chrissy,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If I could get your order number, I would like to look further into it and see what happened.

Thanks!

Disappointed :/

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I usually get great service from this business, but I was disappointed when a book I pre-ordered didn't arrive on release day, and had only been dispatched that night, with a message from AusPost telling me the delivery expectation was seven days away. This is a book that is part of a very beloved series to me, so I went out and bought a copy from another bookshop. I can't help but feel frustrated, and a little silly, that I have spent money on a service that has not been fulfilled. For future reference, pre-ordered books should be dispatched earlier than the release day; one day, if the customer has paid for express, or three days, if the customer has paid for standard shipping.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jess, Pre-orders are a little tricky to promise delivery time frames for due to things like embargoes set in place by publishers and which countries we're able to source new publications from. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

To expensive can get it heaps cheaper at Bookdepository.com

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

It's a shame your prices are so high compared to BOOK DEPOSITORY.
Booktopia cost of book $66.40 shipping $6.95
Book depository cost of book $50.00 shipping FREE

If I did not have a voucher I would never have purchased anything from your site.
Sorry just being factual and objective.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, We have the opportunity to provide discounts on almost every single title we sell due to close relationships we've developed with local and International suppliers. I’m sorry we were not... read more »

Cockroach alert

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I was extremely disappointed to open my parcel and find a very large black cockroach. It clearly was in the parcel from dispatch which meant there would be eggs in my parcel.
A great shame as the rest of the service was good.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jane, Once again we're really sorry for this, and our Operations Team are checking to make sure this is a one-off situation. I hope you enjoy the credit on your next order and we'll see you ba... read more »

Where is it?

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

It said 1-2 days for delivery!! However it took 5 days!! I needed it for the weekend and as I'd ordered it on a Tuesday/Wednesday I thought I would've had it on Friday. I got it the following Wednesday.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Diane, Please accept our sincerest apologies for any confusion caused by the time frame listed. For all items in stock at Booktopia, we list a time frame of 1-2 business days for shipping. This... read more »

1 of 9 pages

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order for textbooks on the 5/11, everything said it was in stock in the warehouse and would be shipping in 1-2 business days. It has been 5 days and still no shipping confirmation. I was on hold for ages on the phone to customer service and could never get through so I resorted to chat where whoever I spoke to said this would be shipped today with express shipping. I still have no tracking information and the status of my order has not changed. No one has replied to any of my messages either. As someone who works in customer service for an online retailer, I am absolutely appalled at the customer service I have received! If I do not get this order by Tuesday (12/11) I want a full refund and I will order somewhere else. I need these textbooks for uni. If they said they weren't in stock I never would have ordered them. Can someone please contact me! Thanks.

Eden asked on Nov 10, 2017

Hi Eden,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into it further, could I have your order number please?

Hi,

Order number 6383895. I just need to make sure this is cancelled please, I spoke to someone on facebook today but have not receive a cancellation email

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order on the 29/10 and it has still not been shipped. I need this textbook ASAP. I have attempted to contact via the website and cannot get through on the phone. I’m at the point where I would like to cancel the order, as the customer service has been non-existent. Can someone please contact me here ASAP. Thanks

Holly M asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi Holly,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had getting through to us. Let me look into the order and see what's going on, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Please help - need assistance with a return. Order number 6282529. Waited over an hour on hold, very poor customer service Booktopia. Thanks May

May asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi May,

I'm really sorry for the wait on the phone, we have been experiencing higher than normal cal volumes.

It looks like you managed to get through to our Live Chat team. Please let me know if we can assist any further.