Administration

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Book has not arrived yet but you have charged me twice for it.It better be good when it finally arrives.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived yet! Let me look into it for you, could I have your order number?

never ending story

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Sent message to return book as said for 6-12years age ,book has over 500pages not sufice for age group ,didnt get teply to send back as needed it for 7year old reading never

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kerry,

Sorry to hear you didn't get a response! If you could give me your order number, I'll send you an email with details on how to go about returning an item to us.

Jessica

Fast delivery but lacked quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I loved that this product arrived overnight - fantastic! Unfortunately, the condition of the book was only ok in that it the cover had come away from the seam. I am sure this was a one off, but was a little disappointed give I love my keeping my books in excellent condition.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear about that! We would be happy to replace the item for you, I just need the order number and the title of the book.

Customer

Mm missing an item and no contact to tell me when to expect it or if I am paying additional shipping

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Missing the second book I ordered which I require for a course. Disappointed not to be advised of what is happening, no refund, still paid but have no book.....and no idea if it can be sourced or is ever coming. Poor customer service which I didn't expect.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, We will often ship an order separately (at no additional cost to you) if the items you've purchased have different shipping time frames. I'll look into it for you and provide you an upda... read more »

Great service, unfortunate damage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I was very pleased with being able to find the books I needed, the price and the speed of delivery.

I wasn't happy that the two books that I purchased as gifts arrived with damage to them as a result of delivery. I was disappointed as the rest of the process was awesome but giving a gift with wear and tear was a bit embarrassing.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Becky, I'm very sorry to hear about this! We're always more than happy to replace damaged or faulty items however we understand that some instances are a bit time sensitive, so we can also arra... read more »

Good delivery time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

The product arrived very quickly but it was sent to my old address so that was a let down as I was looking forward to getting it today

Good quality but...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Item was packed well and safe, book was in great condition, tracking was updated regularly.

But the label on the package was cut off on the left, and my parcel was delivered to a different house as it only contained 2 numbers rather than 3. Because of this I received my package a week late and had to contact Australia Post twice to follow up with what happened to it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lachelle, I'm very sorry to hear that! I'm glad you eventually recovered the parcel but I want to make sure this is looked into further to ensure it doesn't happen again. Could I grab your orde... read more »

Hi Jessica,

My order number was 6041585 :)

Hi Lachelle -

Thanks for your message

Do you still have the packaging with the cut off label ? - it may help our quality control in our warehouse if I am able to get a photograph of this

Kind Regards
Darren

Good price but service let down by Aussie Post

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Like many people i have found any use of Australia Post the last few years to be often sub standard.
Id suggest using alternate couriers.

i haven't worked it out for this delivery but my last using eParcel service by australia post had an average speed of 0.2kmh. it took 7 days to travel a distance that one could walk in 5hrs. From their Sunshine depot to Malvern post office.

Your customer satisfaction will increase with speedy, reliable delivery. experience has shown that Aus Post is now incapable of either.

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

The books are more expensive and you have to pay for postage. The box that the book came in was insanely large. Quite wasteful. The package came quite quickly.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

No contact

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

I ordered one book and received it about 4 days later, as I always have before. However I also ordered another book 1 day earlier and have not received it, or had any contact re my order, after 21 days.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Gini,

I'm sorry to hear! If you have the order number I will look into it for you and provide an update as soon as possible.

Hi Jessica, thanks for your reply. My order number is 5888365

Regards
Gini

Booktopia Official

Hi Gini, Thanks for providing your order number! I've looked further into this and I can see that your order has unfortunately been affected by some supply-chain issues we were having. I'm sorry ... read more »

Impressed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

First time ive used Booktopia, very impressed with service, good prices and order arrived sooner than I expected.Will definately use them again.Thank you.

DVD that I double up on

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Hi, I have received my dvd and realizes u already have. I have been trying almost non-stop, but cannot get through to u people in the hope I maybe able to return it and perhaps exchange it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Leonie,

Sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us! If I could grab your order number I would be happy to send you an email with some instructions on how to go about returning the item.

Associated charges

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

You charged $4.50 for delivery of two books.The two books were delivered in the one parcel.i do not agree with paying two delivery charges when both books came in the one pack.
This is enough to make me think twice before buying through your site.

Your site promised next day delivery.It took two days.Please do not make a promise that you cannot or won't keep.

Sorry I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth even though the issues are not major ones.
Invoice no.99700193PNB803519101082403429

Kind regards

Tony Proctor

Mixed feelings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

The first purchase was good. I forgot my password and getting back in was a NIGHTMARE. Also no phone option for help. I nearly gave up but had to use an alternative option to speak to a human. When I finally got to speak to some he suggested I change my browser which worked although I don't know why Chrome wasn't working. Once I got back in it was ok although once again, making sure my correct delivery address was locked in was not straightforward as I use several addresses for gifts. The site could've more user friendly, I use others sites regularly and it's hassle-free so I know it is possible. The journey was troublesome but I got there in the end.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Louise, Sorry to hear you had some trouble placing your order, but I'm glad you got there in the end! We have a few ways you can get in touch with us if you ever need assistance in future. You... read more »

2 Things

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

2) The 2 books i finally reordered arrived in great conditon, and fairly speedy.

1) However about 5 days before THAT order, i had already put in an order for one of them, and my credit card details etc...but noted that i did not get a receipt I tried to find a good way to contact and ultimately sent an online form...I DId not get any reply to this...??!!

I am sure it will be explained as the original transaction, did not go though, but i am still wondering why I did not
get al least an acknowledgement through the online form.---Which i now find, i cant send, without sigining in, and my password is not being accepted...I just used it to order the books you have sent ??!!
Thanks for your final delivery
Julia

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Julia, I think you're right, it sounds like there may have been an issue receiving the payment for the first order you placed. When you submit an order to us, you're not actually charged immed... read more »

Verified Customer

Postage to the NT

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Express postage should be offered to NT residents. Normal Aus post can take anywhere up to three weeks while express postage can take anywhere from 3-5 days. Express postage allows NT residents to recieve their postage in a timely fashion as most people are aware of the normal postage delays. Please consider it as an option at the very least.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Karlee, We offer Express Post to any state in Australia, as long as you're purchasing in-stock items. If you add any items to your shopping cart that have a shipping time frame of 3-4 business ... read more »

Hi Jessica,
It says on your website that express postage is not offered to NT addresses.

Booktopia Official

Hi Karlee, I see what you mean - the little information box that appears when you hover over the question mark states it's not available at all for NT. We need to update the wording here as it's ... read more »

Verified Customer

Bent Book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Delivery was fast and efficient and communication through email the whole time. When I received my book it which was a board book it was bent from not being in protective packaging. As it is a board book it can't be fixed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Gemma,

Sorry to hear that the board book arrived damaged! I would be very happy to replace the item for you, I'll just need your order number and the title of the book that was damaged.

Thanks!

Jessica

Wanted express post and didn't get it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Placed my order a Sunday and expected parcel to be sent next day - got refund of postage . One book had some damage on back cover

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, Express Post orders still require a full business day to be shipped from our warehouse - if you placed your order on Sunday it definitely should have been shipped by Monday. I'm sorry t... read more »

More book information on your website

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Book ordering and delivery process work really well but your website needs to give a lot more information about what is in the book as it did not really meet what I was after. Its the hardest thing not knowing what really is in the book when ordering online and this time it missed the mark. May not have bought it if I was in a bookshop browsing the actual books.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Michael, Sorry to hear the book didn't quite suit your needs. Some newer release books will have a "Look Inside" feature however this will depend on if a sample is available online or from the ... read more »

Product good, delivery leaves a lot to be desired.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Delivery was left on the doorstep despite the fact that Booktopia site stated that orders over $80 automatically require a signature at time of delivery.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Dragan, We're sorry for any concern this has caused. There was a brief period where the incorrect 'codes' were being used as Australia Post has made a recent update to their ATL (Authority to L... read more »

1 of 14 pages