Damaged product but speedy delivery

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

Book for a present arrived in good time however was disappointed to see that the front cover has written indentations in it where someone has written on paper on top of it. Wouldn't have bought this in a shop and a bit disappointed with the lack of care shown.

Disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I was disappointed after specially selecting books that were in stock that it still took 2 weeks for the delivery. In fact as far as i know the they haven’t been delivered yet.

Regards
Alice

Sydney

• 1 comment

still waiting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Still waiting on my order after 1 week am a little disappointed no update sent to me I had to email myself to find out where my order was

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ann,

I'm sorry to hear this. If I could grab your order number I will look into it further and provide an update.

don't bother

Inundated by emails from booktopia !!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

hi,

Feedback. A bit annoyed. You guys send WAY too many emails !!!!
I try not to buy from you as I end up on an emailing list and you get too many!!!! As soon as my book arrives i am unsubsrcibing to your site. I have not got the book yet and you are telling me my purchase has arrived and how was your over communicative service (i think since ordering the book last week i have had 4-5 emails).
Haven't got the book yet. Wait to send out your feed back bits at least until it has arrived.
Don't send me some computer generated letter thanking for feedback.
Be genuine stop acting for my money. Be efficiant your emails are wasting my time and space.

Jantina

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jantina, Thanks for your feedback! We've recently been reviewing our email communication and so I'd like to follow up with you on this regarding your experience and which emails were sent to yo... read more »

Lost Connections

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Of the book - amazing, hanged my life
Of the service - speedy and hassle free
Of the ordering process - simple

• 1 comment

Delivered to Wrong Place

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

The package was delivered to the wrong post office. In this part of rural Australia, there is no street delivery. All mail is held for collection at the post office. In spite of the suburb name being clearly stated on the package, it was left at another post office in a town over half an hour away but within the same post code area. Upon calling Australia Post, I was informed there'd be a "transfer fee" to have it sent to where it was supposed to be delivered in the first place. The chap on the phone understood that this seemed a bit unreasonable so he said he could make a request to the office holding it to waive the fee be couldn't guarantee they would. Thankfully the office staff saw reason and sent it to where it should have gone in the first place.
Other than that, the bubble wrap arrived safely with some books in beautiful condition.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Michael, Sorry to hear about the issue with the delivery! We often see positive results if we raise feedback like this with Australia Post and so I'd like to let them know about the experience ... read more »

I've just completed a feedback survey with Australia Post about it. If you would like the order number, is there a way I may send it you privately instead please?

Hi Michael,

I've sent you a private message through Product Review, feel free to respond there with your order number. :)

Still waiting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I am still awaiting my parcel arrival. I have been asked for feedback before receiving my order. I ordered these last week and although they have been dispatched it is too early to suggest a rating

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Anj,

Sorry about this, we'll look into why the email was sent early and I'll also provide you with an update if I could grab your order number.

Not so Good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

After trying unsuccessfully to `log In'' User name was RIGHT but It just wouldn't accept my password (I had written it down so I knew that it was right) After requesting a new one You sent me a JUMBLE of letters & numbers, tried 3 times to use this stupid system, until having to ring the phone number, was connected to a nice lady who finally got me to actually `use the original password' and finally I was able to buy the book I wanted. Much better it was delivered in 2 days. Question when requesting a replacement password why confuse us with a jumble of letters & numbers in a stupid order?? JUST MAKE IT SIMPLE

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Glenn, Sorry to hear about the trouble you had signing in! The reason the reset password's we send are a jumble of numbers and letters is to ensure our customers accounts are kept safe. By rand... read more »

Took longer than expected to arrive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

Packaging was ridiculous. Stiff paper sleeve measuring 42 cm x 45 cm, for a book of 20 cm x 22 cm. Courier could never put into anyones mail box! Takes up massively more space than needed in freighting terms.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Hugh, We use this packaging because it helps protect the books during shipping (books are amazingly fragile and hard to ship surprisingly). In freighting terms they don't actually take up much... read more »

still hasn't arrived...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

can't comment on the book yet as it still hasn't arrived. very slow delivery! thanks.............. ..... ..... .... ... ..

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you haven't receieved the order yet! If I could grab your order number I'll take a look into it for you.

Verified Customer

Disappointing first experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

My first order from booktopia arrived with one book in an unacceptable condition which considering it was well packaged meant it was like that prior to sending. They offered me a return without offering to cover the cost (I'm in NZ so not easy) or a $10 credit which barely covers their shipping cost. I wanted to support someone closer to home but will be back to buying from my old fave moving forward.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jaynie, I'm really sorry to hear about this! I've sent you a Private Message with an email address where you can send us some photos of the book, I'll review the photos and sort out a proper re... read more »

2 x books had some pages damaged

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Ordered 3 hardcover books. Two had damaged pages due them being placed opposite each other. As one was a gift this was extra disappointing.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Warren,

I'm very sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into getting a replacement copy yo you. Could I grab the order number and the title of the damaged book?

Thanks!

Why the rubber band?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

My parcel arrived on time, the books come in a tough bag, so they arrive in the best condition. Now I ordered 3 small books and 1 big paperback book, when I opened up the bag all the books where held together with a rubber band which left a dent on the large book, now why? Why would you do that? You would expect your books to arrive in good condition, whats the point of having a tough bag if the thing that caused damage to my books was the rubber band- get rid of it!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Vicky, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I completely agree with you, the use of rubber bands with our orders is doing more harm than good so we're in the process of trying to wean them out. I'... read more »

KIAMA

Private message

Love the book. Wrong copy.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

When purchasing the book, i chose for the more expensive one because it had the original cover. Not the cover from the movie. When it came, it was the cover from the movie which was dissapointing and made me think thay no matter which option i would have chose, I would have recieved the same one. I will always go for the cheap version from now on because it seems to me that it is the only copy you have, regardless of the price.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this! It sounds like the incorrect cover image was being listed for this particular title. I'd like to have this corrected and I'll see if I can sort something out for ... read more »

Hi Jessica,

My order number is 6876347

Regards,
Kyle

Booktopia Official

Hi Kyle, Thanks for providing your order number, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've checked our stock and my suspicion was confirmed - we were advertising the wrong cover image for ... read more »

Absolutely beautiful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

Loved the art work and the CD I will enjoy reading to my grand children at Christmas. We have the Polar Express train. The story will be more alive with train running.
The book arrived in great condition loved the child proof packaging.

Beware of delivery times

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Ordering text books can be tricky as the timeline for delivery is hazy at best. The order stated 7-10 days delivery period but on the 9th day when I rang to check, I was told it would be at least another two weeks as book was out of print. It is frustrating to have paid for a text book one needs urgently and not be advised of the delay in processing the order. In all fairness a refund was immediately actioned but I would not risk a purchase of anything urgent again.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Veronica,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into this further and see what happened with the change in availability. Could I grab your order number please?

Order number is 6851927.

Booktopia Official

Hi Veronica, Thanks for sending your order number through! I've had a look into it further and can see that at the time you placed your order our supplier had low stock of the item. Whenever our s... read more »

Quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Very disappointed with the quality of the book. It seems to me that it has been cheaply printed. I have read the book but purchased this one as a gift for a friend.

Delivery dud

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I ordered the book on Sunday for a birthday gift the next Sunday. I received a text from Australia Post to expect delivery on Wednesday. By Friday at 5pm I still hadn't received the book. I went to the party empty handed. The book arrived on Monday...I solely blame Australia Post.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hey Sarah, Thanks for sending us a message about this directly as well, I'm glad to hear that you received a response from Australia Post about your complaint. As I mentioned in my last response,... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Packaging could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

The package arrived earlier than was promised which was great but not in good condition. Both books were undamaged but the packaging was wide open so I think I must thank the parcel handler for not losing the books! You can pay all the extra you like for strong packaging but if the person sealing the parcel does a poor job it's pretty pointless!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear about this! We'd like to look into this further and see what went wrong with the packaging. Could I grab your order number please?

Order no is 6780910

Hi Sue,

Thanks for that. I've sent you an email with a few follow-up questions. Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this.

Use To Be Good but now Bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I use to buy from booktopia all the time but lately my manga's take forever to get shipped and then they come damaged too

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what could be causing this, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Order Number is 6455452 and also the worse that ever come damaged is Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Volume 1, I was wondering if I can get a refund or can you send out a new one

Booktopia Official

Hi Jessica, Thanks for that. No worries, I've organised for a replacement copy of that item to be ordered in. We'll be sure to check this copy to ensure it's in pristine condition before it's sent... read more »

1 of 17 pages