DVD that I double up on

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Hi, I have received my dvd and realizes u already have. I have been trying almost non-stop, but cannot get through to u people in the hope I maybe able to return it and perhaps exchange it.

Associated charges

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

You charged $4.50 for delivery of two books.The two books were delivered in the one parcel.i do not agree with paying two delivery charges when both books came in the one pack.
This is enough to make me think twice before buying through your site.

Your site promised next day delivery.It took two days.Please do not make a promise that you cannot or won't keep.

Sorry I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth even though the issues are not major ones.
Invoice no.99700193PNB803519101082403429

Kind regards

Tony Proctor

Mixed feelings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

The first purchase was good. I forgot my password and getting back in was a NIGHTMARE. Also no phone option for help. I nearly gave up but had to use an alternative option to speak to a human. When I finally got to speak to some he suggested I change my browser which worked although I don't know why Chrome wasn't working. Once I got back in it was ok although once again, making sure my correct delivery address was locked in was not straightforward as I use several addresses for gifts. The site could've more user friendly, I use others sites regularly and it's hassle-free so I know it is possible. The journey was troublesome but I got there in the end.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Louise, Sorry to hear you had some trouble placing your order, but I'm glad you got there in the end! We have a few ways you can get in touch with us if you ever need assistance in future. You... read more »

2 Things

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

2) The 2 books i finally reordered arrived in great conditon, and fairly speedy.

1) However about 5 days before THAT order, i had already put in an order for one of them, and my credit card details etc...but noted that i did not get a receipt I tried to find a good way to contact and ultimately sent an online form...I DId not get any reply to this...??!!

I am sure it will be explained as the original transaction, did not go though, but i am still wondering why I did not
get al least an acknowledgement through the online form.---Which i now find, i cant send, without sigining in, and my password is not being accepted...I just used it to order the books you have sent ??!!
Thanks for your final delivery
Julia

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Julia, I think you're right, it sounds like there may have been an issue receiving the payment for the first order you placed. When you submit an order to us, you're not actually charged immed... read more »

Verified Purchase

Postage to the NT

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Express postage should be offered to NT residents. Normal Aus post can take anywhere up to three weeks while express postage can take anywhere from 3-5 days. Express postage allows NT residents to recieve their postage in a timely fashion as most people are aware of the normal postage delays. Please consider it as an option at the very least.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Karlee, We offer Express Post to any state in Australia, as long as you're purchasing in-stock items. If you add any items to your shopping cart that have a shipping time frame of 3-4 business ... read more »

Hi Jessica,
It says on your website that express postage is not offered to NT addresses.

Booktopia Official

Hi Karlee, I see what you mean - the little information box that appears when you hover over the question mark states it's not available at all for NT. We need to update the wording here as it's ... read more »

Verified Purchase

Bent Book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Delivery was fast and efficient and communication through email the whole time. When I received my book it which was a board book it was bent from not being in protective packaging. As it is a board book it can't be fixed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Gemma,

Sorry to hear that the board book arrived damaged! I would be very happy to replace the item for you, I'll just need your order number and the title of the book that was damaged.

Thanks!

Jessica

Wanted express post and didn't get it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Placed my order a Sunday and expected parcel to be sent next day - got refund of postage . One book had some damage on back cover

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, Express Post orders still require a full business day to be shipped from our warehouse - if you placed your order on Sunday it definitely should have been shipped by Monday. I'm sorry t... read more »

More book information on your website

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Book ordering and delivery process work really well but your website needs to give a lot more information about what is in the book as it did not really meet what I was after. Its the hardest thing not knowing what really is in the book when ordering online and this time it missed the mark. May not have bought it if I was in a bookshop browsing the actual books.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Michael, Sorry to hear the book didn't quite suit your needs. Some newer release books will have a "Look Inside" feature however this will depend on if a sample is available online or from the ... read more »

Product good, delivery leaves a lot to be desired.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Delivery was left on the doorstep despite the fact that Booktopia site stated that orders over $80 automatically require a signature at time of delivery.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Dragan, We're sorry for any concern this has caused. There was a brief period where the incorrect 'codes' were being used as Australia Post has made a recent update to their ATL (Authority to L... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Dissapointed it has taken so long for book to arrive , still waiting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I still have not receive my book which I ordered on the 15th May 2017 . I am not impressed and know it may not be Booktopia's fault instead it is Australia Post to blame .I am however disappointed and still waiting for my purchase .
I have been sent an email from Booktopia in regards to it coming soon which is good they are keeping me up to date.
Not sure if I will use them again or might just use a different mailing address as this could have been an issue

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Melanie,

Sorry to hear about this. If I could get your order number, I would be happy to look into it further.

Jessica

I have recieved my book thanks Melanie

Hi Melanie,

That's great, glad to hear it. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Very convenient

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Good service delivered promptly. Too much packaging, I have been watching WAR ON WASTE on the ABC & am very conscious of excessive packaging. One of my books arrived with a creased front cover. Not a big deal but at a bookshop one can choose the uncreased cover! Apart from that it was a good experience.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Tina, All our cardboard packaging is fully recyclable and we're continually exploring new packaging options to be efficient and also ensure books arrive in good condition. Books are surprisin... read more »

Mount Victoria, Blue Mountains, NSW

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Cheaper elsewhere.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Saw a book at Booktopia +postage.
Found the same at the Book Depository in Britain - lower price and post-free, i.e. $20 cheaper than Booktopia.

1 of 23 pages

Hi booktopia, my order number is #5822334. It's been more than a month since I ordered my books. I left a message, but no reply. I also made phone calls several times waiting more than 30mins and i gave up. If the books are not available, please organise a refund asap. Thank you. Angela

Angela asked on Jul 23, 2017

Hello, I ordered a text book on 07Jul17 which was immediately debited from my paypal account. Currently the status is pending with the book out of stock and more stock is expected on 11Jul17. It is now the 20Jul17 and there is no new update. I have attempted to contact booktopia regarding my order #5883708 via both the website message system and phone. My messages have gone unanswered and the wait time on the phone appears to be extremely long no matter what time of day I call. Any update would be greatly appreciated, if unable to stock please contact me in order to arrange refund asap! Regards, Tara

Tara asked on Jul 20, 2017

Dear Booktopia, I ordered a textbook on the 16th July which I need in time before uni commences. At the time of order it was in stock but I received an update on 18th July reading thete is "Currently no stock. Expecting more on 31-Jul-17". Does this mean booktopia will definitely have the book by the 31st? When can I expect to receive the textbook? If the issue continues will I be notified and given refund as I will have to look at buying the book elsewhere! My order number is 5914092. Thanks, Rachael

LisaBrinks asked on Jul 19, 2017