• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Still waiting

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Ordered 2 books a week apart from each other. 2nd one arrived and still waiting for the 1st one to turn up.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear! Let me look into it for you, could I grab your order number please?

Booktopia Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for providing your order number. I can see that the second order you placed was for an in-stock item, whereas the first order you placed was for an item that is temporarily out of s... read more »

Very prompt but wrong

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I received my order earlier than expected and in good condition however the order was incorrect. The books i ordered were historical fiction and i received books about grassroots investing. A topic i have little to no interest in.

There was no response by Booktopia after sending emails. Eventually I called it it was rectified. Original order is on its way.

Slow page turning

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

I read a lot of books on my iPad including library books as well as booktopia books. I have consistently found Booktopia to be very slow in turning the page requiring multiple swipes. This is not the case with either library or other ugh books.

Gem Scrabble Dictionary

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I had ordered this item being the GEM Scrabble Dictionary, when I got it, was disappointed to see it was rather small, and that Booktopia did not mention that GEM means small sized. There was no measurements for this GEM dictionary on the site.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kanga,

Let me look into this for you, could I grab your order number please?

Jessica

It was order number 7740008 on the 29th August 2018.

Booktopia Official

Hi Kanga, Thanks for that! I've had a look at the listing for this item and I can see that it does say in the description of the item "Contains handy tips on the best words to use and remember. Th... read more »

Packaging!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

Please please please review your packaging! Your using so much cardboard for such a small book. There is no need to use so much

Verified Customer

Postage time inaccurate

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2018

Book arrived suitably packaged however site said 1-2 business days which was not accurate.
The availability and time to arrive was my primary reason for using this site.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Priscilla,

Sorry to hear this, let me look into it for you. Could I grab your order number please?

Quick Delivery.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

Delivery was quick. Unfortunately the first page of the book I ordered was torn on the side. I didn't bother to have it replaced since it was just a preface but still, they should make sure item is ok before delivering it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jen,

Sorry to hear! I've sent you a direct message about this.

Long wait

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Was a really long wait to speak to someone. Having said that the lady I spoke to was helpful and extremely patient. Thankyou Claire

Bump to Baby

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Loved the book but should be better packing. It was delivered in paper envelope and left in the rain inside my gate. Lucky it did not go through to book. The box was a bent too

• 3 comments

Vampire academy box set 1-6

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

My books arrived quickly however the postman that delivered them put them over my fence and they were partially eaten by my dogs and when i got home i ran over them with my car as i couldn't see the box due to the slope of my driveway. Unfortunately these were a gift for my daughters birthday and it didn't look like a new box set when i gave them to her.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kirsty, Oh no! Only way it could have gone worse is if it had rained! I'd be happy to sort out a replacement for you and this time around I'll also ask for a signature on delivery, meaning the... read more »

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Surprisingly the first 4 books aren't too badly damaged. the fifth and 6th one are the worst but the box for the box set was in about 100 pieces so I would be more tha... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Kirsty, Thanks for that. I don't think we can replace only part of a box set so we'll send out a whole new set. In this case there's no need to send the damaged set back so feel free to hold on... read more »

Maybe add bubble wrap but good!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I love the package it came in and how it protects the book. My main issues is that the post woman threw my book on the floor when she delivered it. The book has scratches all over the cover due to poor handling. I am unsure if that is anything to do with booktopia as a company but I do like that the book was sealed flat and it came in one piece. I will likely purchase again for text books and sales. I just don’t appreciate the disrespectful handling of items in the post as I would rather my text book not have clear scratches all over the cover so I’d recommend adding some extra protection so the books don’t get scratched.

Other than that, happy the inside of the book isn’t damaged.

Slightly disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

I was happy to receive my books in good time however they were dirty with black smears across the front of one book and all around the edges off both books. I’d prefer to receive clean books.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Nita,

I'm so sorry about that! I've sent you a direct message about this.

Excellent service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Great service using Booktopia ,efficient quick with postage delivery,would recommend to anyone
And will keep using Booktopia Thankyou for your service.

The dictionary is a result of lack of quality control

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I inadvertently sent this to the “no reply” email address on late afternoon, Thursday, July 12, 2018, and have been wondering why you had not replied. Hopefully this “edm” address is satisfactory.

Order Number: 7506955
Order Date: 08/07/2018
Payment Type: Credit Card
Shipping Method: Australia Post - Regular Post (Tracked)

As advised by Australia Post, this “Concise Oxford English Dictionary” arrived today. Unfortunately, the section from pages 451 to 530 inclusive, is upside down and in reverse order. Naturally, this error is not what I expected.

What should I do with this book as it is of no use to me in this condition.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Johnny, Sorry a faulty book arrived to you. It looks like my colleague Alison organised a replacement for you, which left our warehouse yesterday. Please be sure to let us know if there are an... read more »

Never Go bacK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Worst Reacher book ever. Unlikely, unbelievable,. i know this guy is tough and can achieve more than we mortals, and I have read and mainly enjoyed all the Reacher books up til this one but seriously? As a 25 year Navy man this one just makes me cringe.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Garry, This sounds like a review of a book rather than Booktopia's service - we'd definitely recommend you place this review on our site as this will help others make a more informed purchase. ... read more »

grexob@gmail.com

• 5 helpful votes

Just an admin matter

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Booktopia supplies books okay but why is it so difficult to order. Why do these on line suppliers stipulate the buyer having to register a password etc.? For goodness sake they have my credit card, surely that's enough. When I buy from a store they don't ask me for a password. I can understand if they give an option but to insist is a little ridiculous. I filled in the form to register but after stating my email address and after entering a password was informed my email address was already in the system and couldn't accept my new password. Companies like Product Review, and social media etc., because of their sensitive dealing obviously have to know details of people contacting them but for normal merchants it all seems unnecessary.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, The reason Booktopia requires an account to be created is so that we have a secure way to keep a record of your ordering history while also maintaining a way to communicate with you. Thi... read more »

Great. But you should give customers an option if or not they want to register? I buy goods from various retailers and they ask if want to give my email address. Anyway you lost this order and a... read more »

Hi again,

I'll have a look at your account, could I grab any of your Booktopia order numbers?

Marion Bay, Tasmania

a book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

your service was great except being charged twice for it . i have emailed you about this and i hope you will rectify this asap.the book arrived on the 29th june.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kathleen,

Sorry to hear this. Let me look into it for you, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

sorry this review was published. i did send an email to u saying the problem had been sorted but i didn't know how to change my review. apart from the money mix up your service was great. as it is ... read more »

HI Kathleen,

No worries, glad to hear the issue was sorted out.

Be sure to get in touch if we can ever assist in future. :)

Jessica

Disappointed as book has dirty mark across opening side of pages

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Disappointed as book has dirty mark across opening side of pages, since I brought it for a present for my son I'm thinking it looks like a second hand book .Now that you have asked for a review i think a replacement book would be in order

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a direct message about this, we'll follow it up with you.

Jessica

Arrived in good time but book was bent and not in great condition

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Book arrived in good time but was not in good condition. Book was bent in packaging, packaging was not good.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mandy,

Sorry to hear the item arrived damaged. I've sent you a direct message so that we can follow up on this with you.

• 2 helpful votes

Book

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Ordered book.. arrived 6 days to Perth.
Packaged well and in perfect knick. Cost of book was average. Expected cheaper price for book.

1 of 19 pages

I'm overseas and trying to download an Ebook is this possible?

Anna M asked on Oct 12, 2018

Hi Anna,

I'm sorry, eBooks can only be downloaded while you're in Australia, however once an eBook is downloaded to your device you won't need an internet connection to read it.

Jessica

I ordered some books on the 5th of september two of the books i have received but I don't think the other two have been shipped yet, one was a preorder but the release date was the next day. Just wanting some info on when they're expected to arrive. order number is 7776193

Rose A asked on Sep 30, 2018

Hi Rose,

Sorry for the delay with this order, especially the pre-order title. The good news is that stock is finally on the way from the UK publisher, this is expected to arrive later this week.

I've upgraded the shipping on your order to Express Post to ensure it reaches you ASAP once the item is shipped. We'll send you an email with the tracking details when it's on the way.

Jessica

I ordered the charmed book of shadows replica and its been seven days and hasnt arrived yet, does it take longer because its a bigger book? Im also located in melbourne

CamJac asked on Aug 14, 2018

Hi CamJac,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Let me look into it, could I grab your order number please?