Verified Customer

One of my books was a little dirty

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Hello,
I greatly appreciated the prompt delivery of 3 large books and I found the whole process simple to follow. Unfortunately, when i opened my package last night one of the books (at about 800pp long) was dirty along the bottom end. it is a gift so I'll have to apologise to the gift recipient. Rather than just having an elastic band around the 3 books perhaps some additional tissue packaging of the books may be in order. Otherwise, I was very pleased with the price and timeliness of the purchase.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Victor, I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd very much like to pass this feedback onto our Operations Manager as we're looking to improve out Quality Control, and this involves phasing out the u... read more »

One of my books was not in perfect condition

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I didn’t think your packaging was that great compared to the company I usually use. I ordered a hard back book as a Christmas present and one of the corners was squashed and doesn’t look great.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear about this! Let me look into getting a replacement to you, and I'll make sure it's hand packed this time around to avoid the same thing from happening. What's your order number?

Jessica

Bought three books from you in two different orders.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

My name is Angelina Boots. I ordered 2 books from Perth and one from Melbourne. The one I kept for myself was a real disappointment. The horse and the fox, especially the horse, the stickers were not aligned properly when printed. I can send you photos of it to prove it if you like. Very disappointed with my book. The order arrived at 110 Salter Road, Mount Nasura, WA 6112

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Angelina,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd definitely like to look into this further for you. Could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Order Number: 6074176. Ordered 2 books. The horse was real bad. The fox was not good either. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Booktopia Official

Hi Angelina, Thanks for sending through those details! I've reviewed it and I can see what you mean, the stickers haven't been printed correctly. I'm sorry about this! I think this may actually b... read more »

Postage too high

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

Postage expensive should be more competitive can buy goods from OS with postage included.
Should be included in price as you can't pick up the goods

Verified Customer

Fast and Easy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Easy to search and order, useful categories and fast dispatch and delivery.
Only complaint is the book on the top in the parcel has some damage on the cover.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that one of the books are damaged! If I could grab the order number and the title of the damaged product I'll look into getting a replacement to you.

Jessica

Quick service, but price was a bit off

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I ordered a cat calendar from here and I was expecting it to be larger, however that was probably my fault for not reading the dimensions on the website properly. The delivery was quick and the product was in good condition. The only thing that was weird was that I paid $15.95 for the calendar and another $5.95 for the delivery and when the calendar arrived it had the price of $12 on it!!! Felt a bit ripped off at that point.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Maddy, The price you're seeing on the back of the item is the RRP (recommend retail price) that was decided by the publisher. In deciding this recommended retail price, the publisher would have... read more »

Deficiencies in Collins Gem dictionary -

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

We got the 2016 Dictionary as our 1997 version was falling apart. However we noticed many deficiencies such as : no reference to chemical names; group names; or collective nouns; planets of the solar system;characters in classical mythology;The Fates;The Graces; The Muses; Wedding Anniversaries; Books of the Bible; Countries, Currencies and Capitals; Types of Calendars; all these were at the back of the old edition. I found them very useful. Also the Thesausus has bee shortened for some words eg the word Learn has only one mention in this edition but the 1997 version had three addional words eg. Learn;learned and learner. For non English speaking students this is very useful. I feel it was a waste of money buying this edition. I am now very reluctant to buy books over the Internet. I am stitching the old version together and will keep on using it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Wes, I'm sorry to hear that the book wasn't quite what you were expecting! Product Review is actually intended for feedback of the service we've provided, rather than the product itself, so we ... read more »

Okay

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

The packaging for my book actually made the book dirty and scratched with black marks. The packaging dented the book.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sandy, Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that the item arrived damaged! I would be happy to replace the item for you, and ensure it's hand packed this time around to avoid the same th... read more »

the book i ordered was not the one i wanted it was for my dad to read and it is a childrens comic bo

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

I wanted to buy for my dad as he has been searching to buy a book that shows the history of the radio but got the wrong one.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Hilda, Sorry to hear the book wasn't quite what you wanted! We do have a returns policy you can take advantage of - I'll send you some details on how to go about returning the item, I just need... read more »

Fast service, pity about the book's spine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

The service as extremely fast which was great. The price was cheap - even better! But when the books arrived I was disappointed to find that one of their spines had been twisted. I've spent 10 minutes trying to get it back but it won't quite get there, which is really disappointing. The books had been put together with a rubber band and then during packing the top book had slipped and been squished with all the pages fanned out. This means that the spine is now out of place. It's readable which is great but it doesn't exactly look the best.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Rachael, I'm very sorry to hear about this! It sounds like this could have been avoided so we'd very much like to make it right. If I could grab your order number and the title of the damaged ... read more »

after a few days of changing it eventually arrived.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

was excited to purchase my books, was told by email they would be arriving and then....that they were delayed...and then.....they were arriving. Eventually came yesterday.

Administration

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Book has not arrived yet but you have charged me twice for it.It better be good when it finally arrives.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived yet! Let me look into it for you, could I have your order number?

never ending story

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Sent message to return book as said for 6-12years age ,book has over 500pages not sufice for age group ,didnt get teply to send back as needed it for 7year old reading never

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kerry,

Sorry to hear you didn't get a response! If you could give me your order number, I'll send you an email with details on how to go about returning an item to us.

Jessica

Fast delivery but lacked quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I loved that this product arrived overnight - fantastic! Unfortunately, the condition of the book was only ok in that it the cover had come away from the seam. I am sure this was a one off, but was a little disappointed give I love my keeping my books in excellent condition.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear about that! We would be happy to replace the item for you, I just need the order number and the title of the book.

Customer

Mm missing an item and no contact to tell me when to expect it or if I am paying additional shipping

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Missing the second book I ordered which I require for a course. Disappointed not to be advised of what is happening, no refund, still paid but have no book.....and no idea if it can be sourced or is ever coming. Poor customer service which I didn't expect.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, We will often ship an order separately (at no additional cost to you) if the items you've purchased have different shipping time frames. I'll look into it for you and provide you an upda... read more »

Great service, unfortunate damage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I was very pleased with being able to find the books I needed, the price and the speed of delivery.

I wasn't happy that the two books that I purchased as gifts arrived with damage to them as a result of delivery. I was disappointed as the rest of the process was awesome but giving a gift with wear and tear was a bit embarrassing.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Becky, I'm very sorry to hear about this! We're always more than happy to replace damaged or faulty items however we understand that some instances are a bit time sensitive, so we can also arra... read more »

Good delivery time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

The product arrived very quickly but it was sent to my old address so that was a let down as I was looking forward to getting it today

Good quality but...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Item was packed well and safe, book was in great condition, tracking was updated regularly.

But the label on the package was cut off on the left, and my parcel was delivered to a different house as it only contained 2 numbers rather than 3. Because of this I received my package a week late and had to contact Australia Post twice to follow up with what happened to it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lachelle, I'm very sorry to hear that! I'm glad you eventually recovered the parcel but I want to make sure this is looked into further to ensure it doesn't happen again. Could I grab your orde... read more »

Hi Jessica,

My order number was 6041585 :)

Hi Lachelle -

Thanks for your message

Do you still have the packaging with the cut off label ? - it may help our quality control in our warehouse if I am able to get a photograph of this

Kind Regards
Darren

Good price but service let down by Aussie Post

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Like many people i have found any use of Australia Post the last few years to be often sub standard.
Id suggest using alternate couriers.

i haven't worked it out for this delivery but my last using eParcel service by australia post had an average speed of 0.2kmh. it took 7 days to travel a distance that one could walk in 5hrs. From their Sunshine depot to Malvern post office.

Your customer satisfaction will increase with speedy, reliable delivery. experience has shown that Aus Post is now incapable of either.

Expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

The books are more expensive and you have to pay for postage. The box that the book came in was insanely large. Quite wasteful. The package came quite quickly.

1 of 15 pages

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order for textbooks on the 5/11, everything said it was in stock in the warehouse and would be shipping in 1-2 business days. It has been 5 days and still no shipping confirmation. I was on hold for ages on the phone to customer service and could never get through so I resorted to chat where whoever I spoke to said this would be shipped today with express shipping. I still have no tracking information and the status of my order has not changed. No one has replied to any of my messages either. As someone who works in customer service for an online retailer, I am absolutely appalled at the customer service I have received! If I do not get this order by Tuesday (12/11) I want a full refund and I will order somewhere else. I need these textbooks for uni. If they said they weren't in stock I never would have ordered them. Can someone please contact me! Thanks.

Eden asked on Nov 10, 2017

Hi Eden,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into it further, could I have your order number please?

Hi,

Order number 6383895. I just need to make sure this is cancelled please, I spoke to someone on facebook today but have not receive a cancellation email

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order on the 29/10 and it has still not been shipped. I need this textbook ASAP. I have attempted to contact via the website and cannot get through on the phone. I’m at the point where I would like to cancel the order, as the customer service has been non-existent. Can someone please contact me here ASAP. Thanks

Holly M asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi Holly,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had getting through to us. Let me look into the order and see what's going on, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Please help - need assistance with a return. Order number 6282529. Waited over an hour on hold, very poor customer service Booktopia. Thanks May

May asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi May,

I'm really sorry for the wait on the phone, we have been experiencing higher than normal cal volumes.

It looks like you managed to get through to our Live Chat team. Please let me know if we can assist any further.