Some disappointment

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

website was easy to use. Books delivered to doorstep well wrapped. The Sydney book had one corner of the book slightly damaged. It is a gift and there was not time to exchange. I asked to sign for package but it was left on doorstep un attended. I only asked to sign as wet weather was forecast.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi LLL,

I'm sorry to hear this! I've sent you a direct message about this.

Jessica

Book ordered was not in stock

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I ordered a book and it didn’t turn up. I was refunded without any explanation. I am guessing this happened because the book you were selling was not in stock. I actually wonder if this is a breach of consumer law.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Olivia,

I'm sorry to hear this! Let me look into this for you, could I grab your order number please?

Jessica

A great book, but arrived damaged.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Speedy delivery, bad wrapping. One of the two books was badly damaged. Suggest bubble wrapping around books or a bubble wrap envelope.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I've sent you a direct message about this.

Fantastic service.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Fantastic very quick and emails to let me know when shipped. Thanks for that reasonable pricing and great condition I'm happy

Avondale Heights

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Lots of titles but bot the cheapest

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

They are OK. They do have lots of titles but Book Depository is usually cheaper and they don't charge for freight. I ordered 3 books 2 where fine but one must have been stored for years - it did not look lit a new book - wasn't worth the effort to complain.

Need more option for leaving parcel

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

Rating is just ok.
In today’s age there needs to be more options for leaving parcels. We have gates to keep unwanted people out. We are not always home. So the delivery needs to have more options to leave a parcel if it doesn’t fit in the letter box.
Don’t assume people are home when deliveries are during the day. This is old world thinking.

I won’t use you again unless there are more options. I just can’t be bothered going to a parcel center to pick up as they are only open during normal hours. People work remember.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Don, We do actually provide the option to choose 'no signature required', meaning the delivery driver will leave the parcel in a safe place if this option is selected. It is up to the driver ho... read more »

disappointing that my trilogy books dont match

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I ordered 3 Rick Riordan Titles for my daughters birthday (magnus Chase trilogy) and it appears that one of the 3 title is a larger copy than the other 2. There was nothing indicating this on the order or any dimensions on the book detail page to indicate this - its very disappointing as the any book lover will understand!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi ILana, I'm sorry to hear this! It's possible that the books you've purchased were published in different countries or at different times, which could explain the difference in size. We do adver... read more »

Blenheim, New Zealand

Holiday Travel Books

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Order confirmed on 25 May but still haven't received the books. Really disappointed. What is the point of sending out a review form when goods have yet to be received?. Otherwise everything else was fine.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi David, Sorry to hear this! You definitely shouldn't have received a request for review, I'll look further into how this happened. I'd like to look further into where your order is and provide ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Owl & Pussycat.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

My book arrived within a few days. I'm not sure about your parcel sealing method; there were two by two small areas where pages of the book were stuck to-gether - I could fix one tiny blob of ? thin glue but no luck with the other tiny blob though I could separate these pages but blob remains on one page. The book is for a gift but probably the child won't notice. Better luck next time. (I do not use Facebook).

Comments

What use is a reply that seems very standard and does not reply to the glue problem? Why thanks? Why publish my review? It matters nothing to me. Shall I post it back to you and receive an un... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Ned, Regarding the reply, it's sounding like this is the automatic reply from Product Review to acknowledge that your review has been posted. The email wasn't sent from us but we're more than h... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 questions
  • 29 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Good delivery.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Prompt delivery. I didn't realise it was a smaller edition (i.e.page/ font size). Should have read the fine print I guess.

Small books in oversize packaging

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I wonder why a paperback book has to be packed in an envelope the size that a radiologist might use to pack a large xray. My second last delivery was left in a so-called "safe place" . I live in an apartment block, the inhabitants should be beyond petty crime but there are no safe places here and unfortunately the package was stolen. I checked with Australia Post and that was their conclusion. I accept partial blame for not directing the package to the PO , but I stayed in all day and had asked that the deliverer call my unit, which he didn't do. If the book had been packed in a fitted envelope, it would have gone into my letter box slot and I would have been spared a lot of time and and a good amount of money.

Review

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Great service. Easy to order and pay. Good and clear information about shipment and delivery. Very quick service.

South America Rough Guide

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Disappointed in soft e-book which is very basic in and lacking navigating tools -it is text without any links back.
Hard book delivered quickly and well - well satisfied.

• 1 helpful vote

Delivery late

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Book was delivered to its recipient in the end, but had to ring them to follow up, turned out it wasnt sent when I ordered it.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Justine,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further, could I grab your order number please?

Jessica

Hey Jessica! Had a look at the order number and turns out I got two book companies confused! It was another company that had this issue and not booktopia. Booktopia actually delivered on time! And ... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Justine, No problem, I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us! I'm not sure how to change the review honestly but not to worry, we're just glad your order arrived on time and without ... read more »

Wrong address

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

The package went to 1A instead of 1. As I was expecting it, thanks to text notifications I was able to walk to 1A & retrieve the package. I was happy with all other aspects of the service. Thanks

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Denise, Sorry to hear there was a mix up with the delivery! I'd like to look into this further with Australia Post to ensure this doesn't happen with future deliveries, could I grab your order ... read more »

Very poor value for money.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

This book was terrible. Very overpriced at $18.50 either by Author or Booktopia.
I wrongly assumed that the Essential Oils would be incorporated into the recipes.
Total waste of my time and money.
Don’t recommend to anyone wanting to cure their IBS.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ros, It sounds like this is a review for the product itself - we'd definitely encourage you to share this review on the product itself on our site. You can do this by searching for the product... read more »

It was ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

The prices of the books were reasonable but when they arrived most of them had this sticky substance on them. Like they had price tags on them and were removed for shipping but whoever did it left these black sticky smudges over the covers. The other downer was some of the edges were folded over. Maybe being a little precious but I like having my books in perfect condition when I buy them.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Trewy, I'm sorry to hear that the books didn't arrive in perfect condition! Everything we ship is quality checked before they leave so I'm sorry this wasn't noticed when we packed your order. ... read more »

Hi Jessica,
The number is 7212631
The books that had the black residue were Altered Carbon, Stephen King and The Shape of Water. The Coaching for Performance book had the creased edges.

Cheers

Booktopia Official

Hi Trewy, Thanks for confirming those details! I've organised for replacement copies of those titles to be picked and brought into Customer Service to check. We'll make sure these copies are in pr... read more »

Alternative to excess packaging?

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

I think Booktopia is quite a good site with reasonable prices on a range of products. I was happy with nearly all aspects of the service, except for the packaging my books were delivered in. I know the large, sturdy box is used in order to protect the books as much as possible, but for me it wasn’t the right choice.
I purchased two small, thin books which came in 2-3 layers of bubble wrap and inside a box 10 times their size. This amount of excess packaging is unnecessary and detrimental for the environment. This is also the only shipping option available through Booktopia.
I wouldn’t have cared if my books turned up in a manila envelope if it was more eco-friendly. I wouldn’t even mind paying a similar postage fee for an environmentally conscious delivery option, had it been offered to me. In fact, I’d be more willing. I like Booktopia and if any company is able to offer sustainable shipment I think it’s them, but until then I won’t be ordering again.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Clare, We normally use flat cardboard sheets for our parcels that are put through a machine and sealed shut using pressure activated glue. The cardboard sheets come in a roll and have a standar... read more »

Gift Wrapping

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

Requested that book should be gift wrapped as it
Was a birthday gift. On the invoice I saw that I hadn’t been charged but it was disappointing that my instructions were not completed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jeanette,

Sorry to hear this! Let me look into it further for you, could I grab your order number please?

Tardy delivery due to Australia Post

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

order placed within good time but Australia Post underperformed as usual and the parcel wasn't delivered to the door, nor was an email sent to say it was at the local GPO. Great books though!

1 of 18 pages

How do I increase text size on the booktopia reader app? I have bought an ebook in epub format and the text is too small to read on my phone.

Ekmandy asked on Jun 08, 2018

Hi Ekmandy,

To increase the font size of a book, open the eBook on your device then tap the screen once to bring up the menu. Once you’ve done this, click Settings (this should look like a cogwheel on IOS). There will be section called "Text Size" and a plus and negative sign that will increase or decrease font size respectively.

Tap the plus sign a few times and the font size will increase. If the plus sign goes grey then you're not able to increase the size any more. Once you’ve done this, make sure you click Save to save the changes.

If you have any other enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jessica

I work near your distribution centre. Am I able to pick up an order from there or do I have to have it posted?

Andrew asked on Jun 03, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry but we don't offer collection, the way we distribute orders doesn't really allow for it. Plus it becomes an OH&S issue having customers on site.

We do often have Free Shipping promotions which we only send to customers signed up for our Newsletters. We have a promotion going on right now which expires midnight on the 13th of June, the codeword is EOFYS and can be entered in at the final stage of checkout under the Gift Certificates, Store Credits and Promotion Codes heading.

I hope you'll consider ordering with us in future and taking advantage of our promotions. Be sure to get in touch if we can ever assist. :)

Jessica

how do I increase text size on booktopia?

Shona L asked on May 27, 2018

Hi Shona,

Just to clarify, are you using our Booktopia Reader app to read an eBook or do you want to increase the size of our website while you make purchases?

Let me know if you're on the site or using our Booktopia Reader app and I can help you with this.