2 x books had some pages damaged

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Ordered 3 hardcover books. Two had damaged pages due them being placed opposite each other. As one was a gift this was extra disappointing.

Why the rubber band?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

My parcel arrived on time, the books come in a tough bag, so they arrive in the best condition. Now I ordered 3 small books and 1 big paperback book, when I opened up the bag all the books where held together with a rubber band which left a dent on the large book, now why? Why would you do that? You would expect your books to arrive in good condition, whats the point of having a tough bag if the thing that caused damage to my books was the rubber band- get rid of it!

KIAMA

• 1 comment
Private message

Love the book. Wrong copy.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

When purchasing the book, i chose for the more expensive one because it had the original cover. Not the cover from the movie. When it came, it was the cover from the movie which was dissapointing and made me think thay no matter which option i would have chose, I would have recieved the same one. I will always go for the cheap version from now on because it seems to me that it is the only copy you have, regardless of the price.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear this! It sounds like the incorrect cover image was being listed for this particular title. I'd like to have this corrected and I'll see if I can sort something out for ... read more »

Hi Jessica,

My order number is 6876347

Regards,
Kyle

Absolutely beautiful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

Loved the art work and the CD I will enjoy reading to my grand children at Christmas. We have the Polar Express train. The story will be more alive with train running.
The book arrived in great condition loved the child proof packaging.

Beware of delivery times

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

Ordering text books can be tricky as the timeline for delivery is hazy at best. The order stated 7-10 days delivery period but on the 9th day when I rang to check, I was told it would be at least another two weeks as book was out of print. It is frustrating to have paid for a text book one needs urgently and not be advised of the delay in processing the order. In all fairness a refund was immediately actioned but I would not risk a purchase of anything urgent again.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Veronica,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into this further and see what happened with the change in availability. Could I grab your order number please?

Order number is 6851927.

Booktopia Official

Hi Veronica, Thanks for sending your order number through! I've had a look into it further and can see that at the time you placed your order our supplier had low stock of the item. Whenever our s... read more »

Quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

Very disappointed with the quality of the book. It seems to me that it has been cheaply printed. I have read the book but purchased this one as a gift for a friend.

Delivery dud

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I ordered the book on Sunday for a birthday gift the next Sunday. I received a text from Australia Post to expect delivery on Wednesday. By Friday at 5pm I still hadn't received the book. I went to the party empty handed. The book arrived on Monday...I solely blame Australia Post.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hey Sarah, Thanks for sending us a message about this directly as well, I'm glad to hear that you received a response from Australia Post about your complaint. As I mentioned in my last response,... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Packaging could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

The package arrived earlier than was promised which was great but not in good condition. Both books were undamaged but the packaging was wide open so I think I must thank the parcel handler for not losing the books! You can pay all the extra you like for strong packaging but if the person sealing the parcel does a poor job it's pretty pointless!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear about this! We'd like to look into this further and see what went wrong with the packaging. Could I grab your order number please?

Order no is 6780910

Hi Sue,

Thanks for that. I've sent you an email with a few follow-up questions. Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this.

• 2 comments

Use To Be Good but now Bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I use to buy from booktopia all the time but lately my manga's take forever to get shipped and then they come damaged too

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what could be causing this, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Order Number is 6455452 and also the worse that ever come damaged is Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Volume 1, I was wondering if I can get a refund or can you send out a new one

Booktopia Official

Hi Jessica, Thanks for that. No worries, I've organised for a replacement copy of that item to be ordered in. We'll be sure to check this copy to ensure it's in pristine condition before it's sent... read more »

Disappointed with packaging

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

I was disappointed that the wall calendar I ordered was packed in a cardboard envelope with no hard backing, so that the calendar was damaged (bent) when it arrived. Otherwise, I was happy with the service.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Andina, I'm really sorry to hear this! Calendars are a relatively new product for us and so we're reviewing our packaging processes for this type of item. I'd be more than happy to arrange a re... read more »

Verified Customer

Great but way too overpriced

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

After I bought a book from this website I seen it on special and couldn’t cancel it. Regardless of the special it was still pretty expensive. Good delivery service. Got in a reasonable time frame and saved me time getting it myself.

Verified Customer

Good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Good customer service, the live chat option is really good and helpful. A wide range of books and dvds, even music. Will order from them again

Tiger Time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Great book and fantastic pictures the book is far more than i expected thanks for quick shipping.Great table book and conversation starter.

Started off good then went downhill after that

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

So I ordered 5 books on the 11th of December and recieved four a couple of days later which I am so happy about but the one that didn’t arrive was out of stock and said it would take 7-10 days to arrive it has now been 15days and still no book. Tried contacting them a few times and just got the pretty standard ‘you can check your order here’ responses that I’m assuming are just generated by the computer or whatever. They said it would ship out and arrive this week two days ago but it is now Wednesday and I still have not got a tracking number and the order status still says it has been ordered and will ship within 7-10 days. Pretty annoyed.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ella,

I'm sorry to hear this! Let me look further into it for you, could I have your order number please?

book non arrival

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your e-mail, which I am very happy to receive. So far I have not received my book. I had a tracking notice last week, to say that it would arrive within the next two days, but so far nothing. Has the item gone missing, or is Australia Post dragging its heels, as usual.

Evelyn Mijat

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Evelyn,

Sorry to hear! I'll chase it up for you, could I have your order number please?

Verified Customer

Good service but packaging not the best

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

The service is good and efficient but unfortunately the extra strong packaging they promote is the wrong shape for books with stiffer covers, especially those with an overhang. The envelope style means that when the package is tossed around in the post the squeezing effect on the corners means that they arrive dog-eared and damaged - not satisfactory for a brand new book which is intended as a gift or keepsake.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi There,

I've sent you a direct message about this - let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Auckland

• 1 comment

Could have been better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2017

Ordered a parcel for Christmas delivery! Unfortunately didn't arrive! Would have liked to have been informed perhaps a bit earlier if it was not going to be on time!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Alastair,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into it further, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

6664486.... Hey Jessica, not trying to make a big deal out of this and i appreciate you getting back to me! I was heading down south on holiday and so when i ordered the book was just under the imp... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hey Alastair, No worries at all - just for future reference when ordering for Christmas we do have ordering cut off dates listed on the site to give you the best chance of delivery before Christma... read more »

Got incorrect deliverly date

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I was hoping to get the book for XMas but was told delivery wouldn't be until next year after ordering. Based on this information i purchased a different book from a book store to give as the present. The next day I got a different email saying the book had been despatched. I just wasted my time and money on the second book because the site gave me the incorrect information.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ross, Around Christmas we want to ensure we're giving advice so that customers aren't disappointed. Don't worry, if you no longer require the book we do have a Returns Policy you may be able t... read more »

Packaging

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Packaging of book was inadequate. One corner was badly bumped. You should return to previously used stiff cardboard packaging and not the thin card currently being used. I'll have to think twice again about any future purchases. Sad, because I have made numerous such purchases at very competitive prices. Your fast shipping can't be faulted.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lordly, I'm very sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what procedures were followed when shipping the order. I'll also look into it to see if we can replace the item fo... read more »

its a book!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

i have not yet had a chance to read this book - booktopia must think i am a fast reader. it arrived in good condition though. i am using it as part of my new years resolutions so may not start reading it until 2018. i have read that the author is well respected, and a podcast i listened to featuring this author was sensible, useful and practical. i look forward to putting some of her ideas into practice and hopefully feel better as a result. what more can i add at this stage?

1 of 16 pages