Good service, books arrived promptly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

I was a little disappointed that my order did not dispatch within 1-2 days as that is what was listed on the site for the books I purchased. However they arrived safely and within the advised delivery timeframe. The packaging used was not great, the books appeared to be in a tough bag with no padding, They were not however damaged, but I was surprised that they weren't. Given that amazon are launching in Australia, and knowing their packaging standards, I would hope that Booktopia might review this.

Good deals on a variety of books.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

The sales are very good value. Would be great if more sales occurred on a frequent basis. I would purchase more.

Had what I was looking for

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Was searching for a couple of books online and Booktopia had the books and delivery costs at competitive rates, hence got my business!

Verified Customer

Easy purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Brought a nursery rhyme book for my son. Easy to use website, with good descriptions. Could improve by having a few more photos of inside the books for picture books as felt it was a bit of a guessing game to what the inside of the book illustrations. Book arrived promptly and well packaged.

Good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

They had the book I was looking for at a good price and it was delivered very quickly. It have used Booktopia previously and didn't experience any problems.

great service for remoter communities

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I ordered two items online on two separate orders last week: I live in Northern Rivers NSW and am someway from Sydney yet both items arrived promptly and in excellent condition after a thousand kilometres’ journey - you do it well! Delivery updates are also most helpful.

Verified Customer

Highly recommended

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

Searching for the book I wanted to purchase was easy. Pricing & postage were competitive. Kept up to date with delivery details. Book arrived quickly and undamaged (was well packed).

Sally Fallon book of food and life and receipes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

books arrived in good postal condition and quickly . she has another book about Fats in diet but this was not available.

Good, not bad, not excellent. Good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Good, not bad, not excellent. Good. Would be excellent if SMS notification of delivery was offered. These words are fillers.

Books

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

Easy to access on line. Great getting the up to date emails of where my book was. Speedy delivery. Thanks.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

Product delivery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I ordered a box of books, both hardcover and soft cover. Lots of lovely bubble wrap and an excellent box, BUT, unfortunately one of the soft cover books had slipped off to one end of the pile and was scrunched up like a rolled up newspaper at one end of the box! I’m sure it wasn’t packed like it looked: It looked like it was rolled up and squeezed into the end to prop up the bigger hardcover books! Because the book cover was bent, I decided I could not give it as a gift, but then decided to put the book under some other heavy books, to see if I can unbend it before Christmas! haha! But I can see someone tried to pack them well.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to hear the book got a bit banged up! We'd be happy to send you a replacement copy if you'd like, I would just need the order number.

Order number was: 6419917
The book was “ The Children of Willesden lane”

Booktopia Official

Hi Bob, Thanks for providing those details, I'll have the replacement copy brought to me to check out and have hand packed. You will receive a Shipping Notification email once the parcel has been... read more »

Very satisfactory service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Happy with fast delivery and strong packaging. Free shipping a pleasant bonus. Will be selecting more books in the future.

Prompt efficient service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

Ordered the sme three books for relatives Xmas present. Ordering and delivery process was painless and efficient
Will use service again
Have been a regular purchaser of books using Amazon and Apple

Almost there.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

My only problem was identifying each gift wrapped book[3] as they had no visible titles and were for 2 people.

very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Very well packaged and prompt delivery. Product arrived in very good condition. Beautifully wrapped. I will definitely buy from you again.

Excellent service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Book arrived in a quick and timely manner. No damage to the book at all. Thank you. Very impressed with quick service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

The delivery was prompt, the goods were undamaged, good communication and tracking and over all very well handled and processed.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

Well priced efficient seller

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Item arrived promptly and was well packaged. Book had obvious marks on the white front cover that may have been there from storage before despatch, but corners weren't damaged. Would have been a perfect transaction if the front cover wasn't marked - it was a gift.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew, I'm sorry to hear about this! We are currently working on improving our Quality Control process so I'll definitely mention this to our Operations Manager to investigate further. Could I... read more »

Order number was 6391643. Thanks for the reply.

Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for providing your order number! I've passed your details onto our Operations Manager to look into further however I've also organised for a replacement copy to be sent to you fr... read more »

Can’t put it down

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Like I expected! Very entertaining. Enjoy this book cont put it down, highly recommended
Just need to be clear that it’s scripted not a book

My favorite author delivered with speed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

This is the first time but not the last that I will use Booktopia to obtain books from my favourite author. Books delivered in fast time and in great condition.

1 of 90 pages

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order for textbooks on the 5/11, everything said it was in stock in the warehouse and would be shipping in 1-2 business days. It has been 5 days and still no shipping confirmation. I was on hold for ages on the phone to customer service and could never get through so I resorted to chat where whoever I spoke to said this would be shipped today with express shipping. I still have no tracking information and the status of my order has not changed. No one has replied to any of my messages either. As someone who works in customer service for an online retailer, I am absolutely appalled at the customer service I have received! If I do not get this order by Tuesday (12/11) I want a full refund and I will order somewhere else. I need these textbooks for uni. If they said they weren't in stock I never would have ordered them. Can someone please contact me! Thanks.

Eden asked on Nov 10, 2017

Hi Eden,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into it further, could I have your order number please?

Hi,

Order number 6383895. I just need to make sure this is cancelled please, I spoke to someone on facebook today but have not receive a cancellation email

Hi Booktopia, I placed an order on the 29/10 and it has still not been shipped. I need this textbook ASAP. I have attempted to contact via the website and cannot get through on the phone. I’m at the point where I would like to cancel the order, as the customer service has been non-existent. Can someone please contact me here ASAP. Thanks

Holly M asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi Holly,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had getting through to us. Let me look into the order and see what's going on, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Please help - need assistance with a return. Order number 6282529. Waited over an hour on hold, very poor customer service Booktopia. Thanks May

May asked on Nov 06, 2017

Hi May,

I'm really sorry for the wait on the phone, we have been experiencing higher than normal cal volumes.

It looks like you managed to get through to our Live Chat team. Please let me know if we can assist any further.