• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Terrible Terrible Service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Absolutely appalling service! So disappointed with Booktopia. I placed an order 9 days ago and it's still yet to be shipped from their warehouse. It's 2018 it should not take 9 days for an order to be sent from NSW to Brisbane. I am relying on these text books for University. After sending an email to booktopia to follow up about my order I still did not get a reply. I then used the online chat and chatted with someone who had absolutely no respect or empathy for me. I have spent a lot of money for these books I would expect a little respect as a minimum!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sophie,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd like to check up on the order and see how we handled your enquiry. Could I have your order number please?

Hi Jessica.

My order was received yesterday. Order number: 6847534

Postage disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I sent two books to a friends son, which I wanted to arrive before he started school. I selected books because they were next day delivery. The books arrived days later, after he started school. I’m disappointed because I would have chosen different books if I knew they’d arrive late.

Booktopia on line ordering.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2018

Ordered a book which it said would be delivered within 5 to 9 days. My account was debited immediately for the cost of the book and shipping and simultaneously I received an email to say they were out of stock and were expecting new stock no earlier than 2 weeks! The free down loadable book you are offered after ordering are in fact mostly samples. My conclusion is that Booktopia misrepresents its products. to sort this all out and get a refund I had to make a 15 minute phone call. The booktopia rep I spoke to was very polite apologetic and helpful. Angus and Robertson is better and I avoid Amazon as much as possible because of shocking reports about the way they treat, some might say abuse their staff. Happy reading!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Norton, We're sorry for any confusion. All the time frames listed on our site are shipping time frames, not delivery time frames. In-stock items will be listed with a green tick and a shorter s... read more »

The quality of the book is terrible - unreadable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

The paper is so cheap it’s a dull yellow and the printing is smudged, can’t read the book. The service and delivery by Booktopia was however perfect.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear that the book isn't the best of quality! We'd really like to look into this further with you, would I be able to grab your order number?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, thank you for following this up. Confirmation number was 6791963. Thank you.

Booktopia Official

Hi Andrew, Thanks for that! I've had a look into this further and found that this edition of the book is a US trade paperback. This means it's the kind of book you would find for sale at an airpor... read more »

Cancelled order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

Went on site to buy diary which the site said was in stock. Processed order and then 4 days later just cancelled my order and said not in stock.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what happened, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

This company has absolutely no plan B

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

I received a gift voucher that I really didn't want but my interaction with this company was a nightmare. All I wanted was to organise a couple of books. Easier to go into a book shop.
Gave them all my credit card details ad nauseam and followed up with 2 long winded phone calls.
Their Web site keeps repeating and their customer service team can't take an order.
How hard is it to put a Fuc..,,ING terminal in front of one of your so called customer support team and take your customers money.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Oscar, I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble placing your order. Unfortunately we can't take orders over the phone due to our privacy policy, however we're more than happy to guide you through... read more »

Perth

Not the best experience TBH

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Ordered a book online that was showing available, only to get an email a couple of hours later advising it was on back order, and was due in stock on the 8th of January.
8th of January Comes and goes, not a word from Booktopia. I left a message via their contact centre.. 3 days later no reply.
Call their call centre, current hold time is 15 minutes (terrible hold music by the way!). Wish I had ordered elsewhere.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Beckr,

I'm really sorry to hear this! Let me look into this and provide an update ASAP, could I have your order number please?

Hi Jessica,
It was 6727150.
Its just the poor communication I am frustrated by.

Booktopia Official

Hi Beckr, I thought this sounded familiar, I recall responding to your message about this last week. Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention, the type of delay you experienced was ... read more »

Offer of free postage not available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

I took advantage of the free postage offer using the advises code only to discover that I have been chaged 6.95 postage.
I have sent an email requesting a refund of postage but still have not received a response

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jen,

Sorry to hear this! I'll look into this further for you, could I have your order number please?

Private message

Order still not shown up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Order has still
Not shown up and it’s been over a. Week . Delivery to nz and it appears the shipping notification has stopped

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kjm,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll look further into it for you, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

They Finally turned up on Friday, very slow delivery but the books are amazing so make up for it :)

Hi there,

No worries, I'm glad to hear you've now received them. Be sure to get in touch if we can ever assist. :)

Kind regards and happy reading,

Bad delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

We ordered you to deliver the books to come in in the house of friends of us. We have no car, so it was very disappointing, that it not arrived at the address in Upper Sturt. It was very difficult for us to get the books. An I cannot give it myself to one of the people it was meant to be for. So a ZERO for the delivering.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Elly,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further to see what happened, could I have your order number please?

Untested website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Booktopia's website needs to be tested thoroughly - its poor. I am a member, but being a member of Booktopia is not important to me and I forgot the password. Had a new one emailed - did not work. Got frustrated and used Angus and Robertson site to order same book. Tried to provide feedback but your system requires a membership and password - why a password to order a book!!!!! Result: you have lost a customer for good, simply because you haven't considered the average customer. More fool you.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, The reason Booktopia requires an account to be created is so that we have a secure way to keep a record of your ordering history while also maintaining a way to communicate with you. By... read more »

Wollongong

Private message

Expensive, poor delivery times and lack of service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Purchased at full price, took over 3 weeks to deliver... with a delivery charge. Couldn't wait because it was a present so went to the local bookshop... half the price, no delivery charges obviously. Have purchased from them before but when I tried to return...no response to email then online chat went dead when i disputed their 'facts'. My advice if you decide to use them is to screen shot their delivery dates... Oh yeah and shop around

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look further into this and see what happened. Could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, your rep did eventually get back to me...but not before I'd vented my frustration in the review. He/She has arranged a credit for return which is a satisfactory outcome. My advice to ... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi again, We'd still like to look into this a little further to see how we can improve in our responses via message and Live Chat, and we'd like to see if the expectation we set was accurate and m... read more »

Book arrived damaged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Ordered a book for a present and it arrived damaged. Not from the shipping, but as a result of the packer at Booktopia not caring. Booktopia resisted refunding unless I reposted it. All at my effort.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Oaty,

I'm sorry to hear this! Our first point of action will always be to replace damaged or faulty goods. If I could have your order number I will look into this for you.

Can't deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Lied twice about delivering package to my property. Never rang doorbell or called. Left package at another property and still claimed it delivered to correct address.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I would like to take this feedback up with our delivery service provider to ensure you don't have this experience with them again. Could I have your order number please?

No delivery so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Paid extra for speedy delivery. In all day yesterday. Notification it was to be delivered, but nothing. Should have just paid normal delivery cost. Just hope it turns up.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kerry,

I'm sorry to hear this! Let me look further into this for you, could I have your order number please?

Jessica

Took days for orders to be picked up in the warehouse and now won't arrive on time for Christmas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Seems to be hit and miss. We placed an order on 13 Dec, way before the cut off date of 17th. There seemed to be no progress on the order until I contacted customer service, where they reassured that I will receive them before Christmas. The books then only just been despatched 8 days after the order on 21th Dec and I just got notification from Australia Post to expect delivery in 27 December.

I am disappointed to be honest, as I normally order from international bookstore but I ordered from Booktopia this time to ENSURE I will get them in time for Christmas.

If I was told there was a chance that it might not arrive on time I would have tried other venues.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Feedback

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Still haven't received my parcel and for some reason, another .07 cents was taken out of my account...not happy.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Maz, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll look into the order for you, I just need the order number. The $0.07 is token amount that we use as a pre-authorisation; this confirms that the credit card is... read more »

Hi Jessica
thanks for your email. I have since received my calendar after ringing up the Post Office. I didn't mean to post my comment on the website so my apologies for that.
Kind regards
Maz

Hi Maz,

No worries, I'm just glad to hear that you received it.

Enjoy the calendar and have a happy New Year. :)

Newcastle

Verified Customer

The Grinch of Christmas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Focusing on the facts - ordered an in-stock item on 6/12/17 for Christmas. Still not shipped, 20/12/17 which means santa missing key ingredient to present for daughter.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jayne,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Booktopia Official

Hi Janye, I've had a look into what happened and I can see that the item you purchased has been selling continuously, and all stock being brought in was shortly shipped to any customers waiting fo... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Had to cancel my order after a month of waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I placed an order on 12th November and had it partially shipped. I was told one of the books was out of stock and it would be back by 30th November. When I received nothing but silence i decided to message them on 7th December where I was again ignored for a full week. When I contacted them again on 15th December I finally had to cancel my order when Booktopia told me they never processed my payment for the remaining book. Basically my order was ignored for a month and no one bothered to tell me.

I tried to be patient knowing that it is approaching Christmas. It is disappointing however to receive such poor service and communication, especially when the service team took less than a day to process a request for more books to be added to the order.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this! If I could grab your order number I will look into what happened with this order.

Jessica

Hi Jessica, it's 6425911.

Booktopia Official

Hi again, Thanks for providing your order number! I've had a look into this and can see that while the item was added to your order successfully, our system got stuck while charging your card for ... read more »

Zero Phone Support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

My order has been shipped to me, yet the Aus Post tracker says it has gone in the wrong direction. I am unable to contact anyone at Booktopia. I am furious I wasted money on goods that are "ready to be shipped for Christmas" when they are not even on the way.
Try giving them a call - No one will answer!!!!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Emma, I'm really sorry for the wait you experienced on the phone, we've had an an increase in volumes in the ramp up to the busy Christmas Season. We have recruited more Booktopians to ensure w... read more »

1 of 1282 pages