• 1 helpful vote

Masters of deceiving

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

No customer service - NO DELIVERY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

This organisation fails to deliver on advertised time frames for books ordered and then fails to communicate any delays or reply to emails sent to organisation.

Online bookstore no threat to traditional model

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

After 7 weeks I have cancelled my order for an Australian gardening book that was confirmed with the publisher as 'in stock' at date of ordering from Booktopia. My followup 3 weeks later resulted in an apology and confirmation that despatch would be within 2-3 weeks. No update/ no despatch and a lot of time 'logging in' and trying to reach customer service by phone.
The system is not effective and I cannot use this 'digital' model again. Clearly we have a website but poor procedures behind the screen.

I'm glad to have had the experience though - standard bookshops for me from now on.

Sudden lack of service might indicate failing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

I have purchased books before on booktopia without a problem , however on the most recent purchase which involved two books, I was sent one but the more costly item was not included. I was advised it was out of stock and would arrive in a week. I did not arrive in TWO weeks and I emailed. No reply, I emailed again NO reply. I have now escalated to PayPal to get refund on the undelivered items. When a business cannot supply items that are out of stock its a warning sing, when a business refuses to reply to emails its a warning sign. So be warned.

No Response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I am disappointed that despite trying to contact booktopia a number of times no one has responded at all. Received no confirmation of order, yet they took payment from my credit card. Have not received my text books and I am now behind in work.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Tam,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I would like to look into it further, did you receive an order number?

Worst Service ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear about the delay you experienced and the trouble you had getting in touch with us. I would like to look further into this and see what went wrong, could I have your order... read more »

DISGUSTED

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Said there was stock for this book - have been notified I need to wait another 2 weeks for this book after waiting 30 minutes on the phone. I chose booktopia because of the quick delivery time as I need it for Nursing school this coming weekend. Would not recommended booktopia to anyone

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Brittany, I'm sorry to hear about this. We try and be as accurate as possible with the shipping time frames we list on the website and so I would like to look further into this and see what's b... read more »

5905903. The thing is that it said the book I needdd was in stock and it still is not, 2 weeks later.. very dissapointed as I needed it for a specific date.

Sydney

• 2 comments

Really poor follow up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

After having had previous easy dealings with Booktopia I recently ordered a book which was advised was out of stock but arriving soon. After waiting for updated delivery information I tried the online contact but sadly a week later and still no response at all. No even a 'we'll get back to you'. I have tried calling this morning but seem to be in a long queue with the constant 'we are busy message' which has now gone on for far too long. This is really poor customer service which is a shame as its not too hard to put a bit of effort into these things.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mac,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order and that you've had some trouble getting in touch with us. If I could grab your order number I will look further into it and provide an update ASAP.

Jessica

Hi Jessica. My order number is 5818948. Its so sad you contacting me as I have always had great dealings with Booktopia and sadly my recent experience has not been great. I so wanted to keep supp... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Mac, I'm really sorry no one has responded to your messages yet, we have been inundated with calls and messages recently which has caused a bit of a delay. The item you're waiting on is actual... read more »

Horrendous!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Book ordered 22nd May 2017, delivered 17 July 2017 - 8 weeks when website site said "Ships 15 business days". Contacted via online messaging only to receive inadequate explanation and no real solution. Unacceptable delay and so will NEVER use again.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further and see what went wrong. Could I have your order number please?

Jessica

No delivery, Phone Not Answered.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Why do I have to give them any star? They don't deserve it. Have waited more than six weeks, the local book shop is now stocking this book, but Booktopia can't seem to supply, even though they say it would be in stock 20th June (now 17th July). Waited on the phone for 40 minutes, just a plaintive "we are busy" - no attempt on their part to notify us about a delay.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ron, As per our previous discussion, a $30 store credit will be issued to your Booktopia account to use towards a future purchase. You'll receive an email as soon as this has been completed. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Awful Awful Awful experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Purchased book online on 4/7/17 and was advised on the website that the book was in stock. Waited 10 days and when I hadn't heard anything nor received the book, so I sent an online message. No reply. Phone line tells me that they are busy and to try again....and still no book. Won't be using this company again. Ever.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've had getting in touch with us. If I could grab your order number, I'll take a look into it for you and provide an update.

Jessica

5872648 - I would like a full refund please.

Hi again,

Thanks for that. I've cancelled the order and sent you a direct message via your Booktopia account about this.

1 of 1796 pages

Hi booktopia, my order number is #5822334. It's been more than a month since I ordered my books. I left a message, but no reply. I also made phone calls several times waiting more than 30mins and i gave up. If the books are not available, please organise a refund asap. Thank you. Angela

Angela asked on Jul 23, 2017

Hello, I ordered a text book on 07Jul17 which was immediately debited from my paypal account. Currently the status is pending with the book out of stock and more stock is expected on 11Jul17. It is now the 20Jul17 and there is no new update. I have attempted to contact booktopia regarding my order #5883708 via both the website message system and phone. My messages have gone unanswered and the wait time on the phone appears to be extremely long no matter what time of day I call. Any update would be greatly appreciated, if unable to stock please contact me in order to arrange refund asap! Regards, Tara

Tara asked on Jul 20, 2017

Dear Booktopia, I ordered a textbook on the 16th July which I need in time before uni commences. At the time of order it was in stock but I received an update on 18th July reading thete is "Currently no stock. Expecting more on 31-Jul-17". Does this mean booktopia will definitely have the book by the 31st? When can I expect to receive the textbook? If the issue continues will I be notified and given refund as I will have to look at buying the book elsewhere! My order number is 5914092. Thanks, Rachael

LisaBrinks asked on Jul 19, 2017