Long long waiting for delivery!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I bought 2 university text books from Booktopia, the price was the cheapest but I ended up withdrawing my Unit as I didn’t have any sourse of study to catch up with my assignments and exams, and I’m still waiting for my books. Booktopia sold the books didn’t have them in the stock. It was shown at purchase I’ll receive the books in 5-9 days it’s almost 1 months and still I haven’t got my books!!!

Misleading and terrible customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I ordered two textbooks from Booktopia at the initial time of purchasing there was no indication of a delay on either book until AFTER I paid for it. One textbook was going to be shipped in 5-9 business days and the other was arriving in their warehouse by a set date. Both dates had come and gone and I had not received any information regarding what was happening to my order until I contacted them. They informed me they were unable to give me a date as to when my textbooks would be arriving. After requesting a refund I checked the textbook listing on their website and I still indicates that the books would be arriving within 5-9 business days. Very misleading.

Booktopia Website Down!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Just bought an ebook on Booktopia, which I wanted to start reading straight away and their website says it is undergoing an upgrade and it temporarily unavailable. In other words...NO BOOK! Very disappointing. They should advise this in the checkout before the purchase is finalised. Not even any info to say how long it will be down.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lennie, That definitely doesn't sound right, I'm sorry you were experiencing this issue! Are you still seeing this message? If you are, let me know what your order number is and we'll be in to... read more »

Stupid requirement for passwords and logon process to purchase a book

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Many online websites have a very simple purchasing process that does not require a stupid personal password logon process. I will not purchase form business models that require this component in the purchasing process. It is entirely unnecessary, frustrating and offensive.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there, The reason Booktopia requires an account to be created is so that we have a secure way to keep a record of your ordering history while also maintaining a way to communicate with you. Thi... read more »

Should have checked book dimensions

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Very disappointed The book that I bought was only half the size of a normal paperback with very small printing. If I'd have known this I would have bought a different version.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jan, Sorry to hear this. We do provide the dimensions of books on most product listings underneath the Product Details tab. Here you can also find the country of publication, number of pages an... read more »

Dissappointing service and misleading info on ebooks

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

Bought an ebook as website said booktopia app was compatible with iOS, tablets etc... however the app isn’t compatible that broadly.. and you won’t know until you purchase book and try to download... called customer service and they said too bad so sad.. $50 for a book I can’t download properly! That’s not good enough!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Leisa, Sorry to hear this. Could you elaborate on on this? I'm not sure what you mean by the app isn't 'broadly compatible'. I'd like to help if you're having any trouble accessing your eB... read more »

Poor customer service, awful lack of communication.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Took 6 weeks for customer service to reply to my numerous messages asking why my item hadn't been shipped within the 5 days as set out in the FAQ. When they did get back to me, no explanation was offered, my item was simply refunded, with no apology for the inconvenience.
Don't bother buying textbooks from Booktopia, semester could be over before you receive them!

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further to see what went wrong, and how we handled your enquiries. Could I grab your order number please?

Brisbane

• 1 comment
Private message

Charge for a Service but fail to deliver on it

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

It is disappointing to pay for gift wrapping and to send something with a gift and thinking at some stage of the check out process there would be an option to gift wrap with able to write a note. But no this wasn't the case. Even your competitors don't charge a thing for sending a note with the package, yet you charge for gift wrap and still no note can be sent with the item. Then you take days to respond to queries so its too late to get changed or fixed anyway.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Natalie, I'm sorry for any confusion, we do actually have the option to add a Gift Note. This comes as a free companion to Gift Wrapping and so the option to "Add Gift Note" will only come up a... read more »

Hi Jessica I wrote in and I wasn't offered this, so I presume you have my order number. The timing in responded to my query was too late to fix before the order was sent. It was highlighted that... read more »

Booktopia Official

Hi Natalie, Thanks for getting back to me. I take your point, I've made note of your feedback on the option being hard to find and passed it along to our UX Specialist. I've found your order num... read more »

False advertising horrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Ordered a product that they advertised as “in stock” to be delivered within 7 business days. It took 3 weeks to arrive as it turns out they didn’t have it in stock at all. Was told I could simply write RTS on the package when it eventually arrived and return it at no cost to myself and be refunded. When I tried to do this I was informed that was a lie. I would have to pay to return the product. After ANOTHER call I was told I could have a postage sticker emailed to me and that I was given incorrect information.

Belmore SOUTH - Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Their so-called "Live Chat" is completely useless!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Their so-called "Live Chat" is completely useless!

I used the Live Chat which was stupid. The Live Chat staff are like robots...they are condescending and downright unhelpful. I gave the Live Chat staff-member (Eliza) specific titles and themes to find for me. Eliza could not help at all and simply told me to look for them myself. Live Chat is useless.

Private message

Lied about availability of product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Website did not stipulate that the book was not in stock therefore allowed me to proceed with a purchase even though the book will not be stocked for nearly 2 weeks... This is supposed to be a gift and I am currently trying to arrange a cancellation of order however as the website states you can only cancel via phone and have 1 cooling off day period... I have tried calling 3 x and sat on hold for at least 20 minutes each time with no answer although I continue to receive emails from the company regarding my order and how the book won't be in stock for some time and how payment can't be processed without further detail.... Company needs to be more easy to contact...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mel,

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had trying to get through to us. If I could grab your order number I will sort out a cancellation for you.

Verified Customer

Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

You asked for feedback about the arrival of my order.
It has NOT arrived after 8 days. Disappointing in both respects

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Anthony,

I'm really sorry to hear this! If I could grab your order number I will look into it further for you.

Verified Customer

Nowhere near expected delivery time....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

Ordered my book on the 11th - it arrives on the 23rd. This is not the 3 -4 working days as advertised. Is this your issue or Australia post ?? Won't be using Booktopia again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Fidler, Sorry for any confusion. The time frames listed on our website are shipping time frames, not delivery time frames, meaning that the book you ordered would leave our warehouse within 3-4... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Non arrival

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

This is very disappointing as I have not received either items. Really disappointing! I will check with Post Office but received no card either.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Lizzy,

I'm sorry to hear this! Let me look into it further for you, could I have your order number please?

Wollongong

Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

I cannot believe it takes over a week for an item to get from Sydney to Wollongong. There is a promise on the website of next day service well I ordered my item on Thursday 12th April and it is now the 20th April and still no sign of my item. I will not order from this website again would be quicker to go to a real bookshop and order.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Celtic, We're sorry for any confusion; all of the time frames on our site are shipping time frames, not delivery time frames. This means that in-stock items leave our warehouse the next busines... read more »

taupo

• 2 helpful votes

probably wouldn't use again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Decided to use booktopia as I was informed if in stock, my books would be shipped the next day and I would get them within the week and I didnt want to wait two weeks to get them from the UK off another site. Put my order in on the 5th it is now the 17th and I still have not received them. While I understand that there can be delays, I would expect the customer service to be much better. They seem polite and helpful when talking to them, but twice I was told they would look into it and get back to me that avo and that never happened. Maybe more customer services people are needed in NZ as twice I have called and have had to wait over an hour for someone to answer my call. On the plus side I was offered free shipping and the books are a good price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Doreen,

I'm sorry to hear about this! I'd like to look into this further to see what caused the delay and how we handled your query.

Could I have your order number please?

Awful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Do not expect your refund to be returned on time.. still waiting.
Nor your books.. which after contacting them finding out its 7-10 day shipping when purchased it said next day shipping.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sun,

Let me look into this for you. Could I have your order number?

Terrible! Terrible!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

I am a student. I ordered my text book from booktopia 2 weeks ago and paid online. When I ordered the book it said it was on stock, but It hasn’t arrived yet. It’s text book and my exam is on next week. I called them and they said it will takes 7 extra days to send me because it is out of stock!!!!! Terrible terrible service!!! I won’t use BOOKTOPIA AGAIN!!!
It is much cheaper to buy in co-op bookstores!!!!

You can go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

My brother purchased a board game for me through Booktopia and not only did it arrive with missing pieces but when trying to work with them on a solution (replacement) they consistently told me that I would get an email to let me know when it will be dispatched and that would be 7-10 working days. 13 working days passed and still nothing. Contacted them again and still no solution. Honestly, for the price you're paying you can easily go elsewhere online that have WAY better customer service and much better quality books for a better price.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi BCT,

I'm sorry it's taking so long to get the replacement to you. If I could grab your order number I'll chase this up for you.

My book was damaged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

The book that I have ordered was damaged before it reached me. They offered to send me another copy but it was out of stock so I would have to wait for an unknown amount of time while I needed it to study asap. How frustrating!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Van, I'm really sorry to hear about this! It's very frustrating when this happens, so we're always working to ensure that our items are received into our warehouse and leave our warehouse in pr... read more »

1 of 1377 pages

How do I increase text size on the booktopia reader app? I have bought an ebook in epub format and the text is too small to read on my phone.

Ekmandy asked on Jun 08, 2018

Hi Ekmandy,

To increase the font size of a book, open the eBook on your device then tap the screen once to bring up the menu. Once you’ve done this, click Settings (this should look like a cogwheel on IOS). There will be section called "Text Size" and a plus and negative sign that will increase or decrease font size respectively.

Tap the plus sign a few times and the font size will increase. If the plus sign goes grey then you're not able to increase the size any more. Once you’ve done this, make sure you click Save to save the changes.

If you have any other enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jessica

I work near your distribution centre. Am I able to pick up an order from there or do I have to have it posted?

Andrew asked on Jun 03, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry but we don't offer collection, the way we distribute orders doesn't really allow for it. Plus it becomes an OH&S issue having customers on site.

We do often have Free Shipping promotions which we only send to customers signed up for our Newsletters. We have a promotion going on right now which expires midnight on the 13th of June, the codeword is EOFYS and can be entered in at the final stage of checkout under the Gift Certificates, Store Credits and Promotion Codes heading.

I hope you'll consider ordering with us in future and taking advantage of our promotions. Be sure to get in touch if we can ever assist. :)

Jessica

how do I increase text size on booktopia?

Shona L asked on May 27, 2018

Hi Shona,

Just to clarify, are you using our Booktopia Reader app to read an eBook or do you want to increase the size of our website while you make purchases?

Let me know if you're on the site or using our Booktopia Reader app and I can help you with this.