Camel train

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Paid for on the 13/10, still waiting on the 22/10.
For a book in stock it is not possible to be this slow.

No delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

My books were not delivered to the delivery address. There was no card to say a delivery was attempted and my staff are here from 7am Monday - Friday.
I found the books at Post Office some 20 kilometres from the delivery address.
StarTrack lie about their attempts to deliver to this address.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Val,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd like to look into this further to see what went wrong, could I grab your order number please?

Jessica

Hello Jessica, Please accept my apology as I mistook this order for another. I received the books in good time and were delivered to the correct address.

Hi Val,

No worries, I'm glad to hear everything went okay. Be sure to get in touch if we can ever assist with an order. :)

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I ordered through Booktopia as the delivery was supposed to be the next business day and I was going on holidays and wanted to take the books with me. Unfortunately after ordering I was informed on the day they were due arrive that the books were delayed and there was no indication given of when they would arrive. As a result I didn't receive them before I left and they sat on my doorstep until I got home. Next time I will go to a bookstore and buy over the counter.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry to hear this! Let me look into it further, could I could grab your order number please?

Melbourne

Private message

You couldn't manage to email?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Ordered a book online, got the PayPal confirmation and order confirmation from Booktopia. I was very busy at the time and so forgot about it for a couple of weeks. Went through my emails to check I hadn't imagined placing the order because nothing had arrived. No further correspondence from Booktopia as to the status of my order. Logged in online and looked at my account to see that the order had been cancelled at their end because the book was out of stock.

Here's my thoughts:
1. If it's out of stock, why do you have it for sale online?
2. You don't have the courtesy to email to advise your customers when you cancel an order?

Well if you can't be bothered with an email, neither can I and I decided to publicly voice my thoughts rather than contacting Booktopia direct. I won't be bothering with this company again. How incredibly arrogant and rude.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Mellen,

Sorry to hear. I'd like to look into this further, could I grab your order number please?

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Absolutely Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

After my first time ordering with Booktopia, I will never again make the same mistake. I ordered 26 August not realising that there is actually a 7-10 day lead time as the stock is ordered direct from the supplier. This was my own fault as I did not read this before ordering, but was happy to wait. Today on the 14 September I decided to contact Booktopia as it was past the 7-10 days and I had not received any further updates on the order. I was informed that there had been a glitch and the stock was never ordered from the supplier and I would have to wait another 7-10 days before it could even be shipped. I do not understand how this happens and why I was not informed until I contacted support nearly three weeks after ordering. Overall my experience with this website has been incredibly disappointing. I will not be returning and would encourage others to also avoid.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Dana,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Terrible experience! I found my order was wrong when I received the parcel and returned the book, I contacted the customer care to order the correct book and they informed me that the book I wanted to purchase is not available in store. Not eligible for a refund even if the book is not available. I was forced to order from another site.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Ebin,

Sorry to hear. Let me look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Terrible on Both Orders, will go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Given so many positive reviews I decided to support a local Australian business, what a mistake!

First order, got the usual notification email, then went back in the next day to check - order was suspended as they couldn't process my credit card, which works everywhere else! Had to contact them myself to find out what happened, they couldn't tell me, forced to pay with Bpay which delayed the order again. They are very very slow to respond to order enquiries.

Second order, chose in-stock items so I could pay extra for express next day delivery. Heard nothing from them for 3 days, emailed them with no response for another 2 days. Seems like they decided to send the package on the fifth day with a follow up email apologising, but no reason for being late 5 days late. Wanted the books quickly but have to settle for a 7 day delay for in stock items. Not good enough.

Lastly, their website forces customers enter solve CAPTCHA puzzles whenever you login and whenever you send an enquiry form whilst logged in, which is very annoying. Why would they force you to solve CAPTCHA puzzles when already logged in, which makes contacting them very difficult. I had to solve 8 puzzles just to send a message to them, totally uncool.

I will now be trying a competitor, sadly wondering how so many positive glowing reviews for booktopia could result in two horrible experiences for me.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Simon, Sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further, could I grab your most recent order number? Regarding the Captcha, we're looking into making some changes to this. Thanks f... read more »

adelaide

Bad communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

Disappointed in the lack of communication.
Ordered a book told that it was not in stock and could take a while. Which I was happy to wait.
I enquired about the book 2 months later and the only response I got was a refund notification.
No other information.
Had to call twice and send three emails to actually find out what happened.

And now the last book for my order which was a preorder. Is also having supply issues. And again the only way I found out was by having to contact Booktopia.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Steph,

I'm really sorry to hear this! I'd like to look into this further, could I grab your order number please?

Booktopia Official

Hi Steph, I can see that at the time you made your order one title was out of stock with suppliers but could be placed on backorder. When you contacted us we found that the book was now out of pri... read more »

Do not waste your time with this business!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I tried to purchase a gift voucher today. Firstly two emails were not answered. Finally I had to phone to get an answer to my question. Twice I tried to purchase a gift voucher for someone's birthday today. The orders seemed to work and emails were sent by Booktopia but no gift certificates were emailed. Then I phoned and was told that the order could not be validated but the staff member could not give me a reason and no further email to explain was sent. At the end of the day I had sent various emails, chatted online and made 2 phone calls. AND ENDED WITH NOTHING! It then took me about 3 minutes to successfully buy from a competitor. Others will be informed of my experience via consumer advice avenues.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Didn’t deliver book after 12 days of waiting. Only when I contacted them did they send it. I was completely forgotten about.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear this! Let me look into this further, could I grab your order number please?

Not helpful at all!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I had thought I was buying a dvd and so ordered it. I then realized I had actually ordered the book by mistake! I emailed and messaged straight away to cancel. I then got a reply 10 hours after saying it had already been posted! This couldn’t have been true as I emailed to cancel within 24 hours and before the opening hours. I also didn’t receive a confirmation of it being sent until 4 hours after saying it was too late to cancel. The website says I have 24 hours.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Kez, Sorry we weren't able to get to your message sooner. Customer Service does not operate the same hours as our Distribution Centre, which has three different shifts running throughout the da... read more »

south yarra

Verified Customer

Tried downloading eBook purchase. Does not work and they refuse to refund me

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Followed all the steps to download Adobe digital editions to start reading my ebook and it did not work. Chatted to help for an HOUR and still got the same error messages. I was, naturally, over it so I asked for a refund. They've now sent me 4 emails with the exact same instructions and refuse to refund me. But they keep "updating" the link to the book. So frustrating! Waste of money

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Nat,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd like to look into this and see how we handled your query. Could I have your order number please?

Hi Nat,

Sorry for the frustration caused. I've sent you a direct message to resolve this issue.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

Hello Booktopia,
It has been a week now and my DVD has not arrived I got a message to expected in another two days.
Kind regards
Vivienne

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Vivienne,

Sorry to hear that! Let me look into it for you, could I have your order number please?

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

Long shipping time and incorrect product shipped

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

Will never order from booktopia again - firstly was not notified that my payment did not go through and therefore my order was on 'hiatus', I had to check my booktopia account and follow up myself.
Secondly, the shipping date provided on the website and in my first confirmation stated 7-10 days, however I received a second email stating that they would be actually be 10-14 days.
Thirdly, I just received my package and one of the book covers is incorrect - I was sent a copy with a book cover that was cheaper in price and definitely not what I ordered from their website.
I ordered 7 books worth $180 in total - I thought it'd be an easy transaction because of all the good reviews, but it ended up being such a waste of time and headache.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Vivian,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to look into this further, could I have your order number please?

Booktopia Official

Hi Vivian, Thanks for providing your order number. We're sorry for the hiatus, it's a process that affects a very small number of customers and it's one we're actively working to improve. We don... read more »

Melbourne

Terrible Procedures

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2018

I ordered a book using a visa giftcard.
I received an email saying my order had been processed. A month later when I hadn't received my order I returned to my email which instructed I had to log into the booktopia site if I wanted to check on status. Once I had logged in, my order was marked with a problem processing payment. I received no phone call or email to notify me of this, Booktopia just ignored my order. Terrible customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Karlie, I'm sorry to hear this! Our main form of communication is email and so any time there's an issue with a payment, we will always send an email to notify you. I'm very sorry to hear you ... read more »

Happy book worm

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Book arrived, as per email trail. In great condition, fast and safe. Cannot wait to get reading. Friend put me on to booktopia, because of this reason.

Very Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

Purchased books 9 days ago .
In stock- ships 1-2 days???
Still waiting for delivery
Extremely Disappointed
Lost a customer.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Karin,

Sorry to hear this! Let me look into it for you, could I grab your order number please?

Jessica

I spoke to one of your consultants regarding this issue on Friday 13.. I was offered an apology.. Thank you But it did not make the books arrive on time for my granddaughters birthday.. I have pur... read more »

Tweed Heads

Human Physiology

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Ordered this book, heard nothing for three weeks despite several emails to customer service. Cancelled my order today. Can’t be bothered with companies that can’t even be bothered providing a decent level of customer service. I won’t be purchasing from Booktopia again.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'd like to look further into this to see what happened, and make it up to you if I can. Could I grab your order number please?

The order number was 7455113

Booktopia Official

Hi again, Thanks for providing your order number. I'm terribly sorry for the delay you experienced with your order - I've looked into it a little further and found that the stock came into our war... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Bad services-3 weeks passed -still NOT send the books out. NO responses from the customer services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

NOT deserve even half star. zero star is what Booktopia deserves for their services to customers!!!

Order and paid successfully BUT three weeks passed by- NOT send the books out yet- NO notifications.
I asked for a refund BUT No responses. Now is coming to one month BUT I still haven't received my orders and no responses when I made inquiries.

Worse services.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Jeans,

I'm very sorry to hear this! If I could grab your I will look further into it and provide an update to you.

Stop emailing me

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

I purchased 1 book and have received a total of 6 emails. It should be a maximum of 2. Very annoying.

Comments
Booktopia Official

Hi Paul, Thanks for your honest feedback - we have made some recent changes to the email notifications we're sending to our customers so I'd like to follow up on your experience. Could I grab you... read more »

1 of 1465 pages