Filter By:

Fantastic Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Have been very impressed with the young team's responsiveness and willingness to provide quick and efficient service. I hope that as they grow, they can maintain the knowledgeable and personal touch. Well done!

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great Customer Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

Having researched a number of offerings for a (HFC) connection to the NBN, looking for an Australian company, employing Australians with no off-shore Call Centre - decided to go Boom Broadband, a Melbourne based company.
The guys at Boom have been great, always responsive and helpful.
Connection was within 10 days of signing up (included NBN installation) and has been reliable, with NO noticeable dropouts.

Loving Boom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Boom set-up our connection quickly and later resolved an issue caused by a blackout in minutes over the phone. Thanks Boom.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Just what we were hoping for when reading the reviews of others

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

The team at Boom Broadband have been excellent and certainly live up to the extremely positive review base of their clients. The set-up process was easy and we were provided with simple and easy to follow instructions. The connection has been reliable and excellent speed also. It has been a very pleasurable experience to date and Phill and Jason and the team are keen to speak in person to resolve any issues or ask any questions you may have.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great team and friendly culture

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Well informed and always listen. Easy to find the right person. Great work guys. Keep it up. Will be referring to friends

The one to go with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

They provide a competevely priced service and have excellent local customer service. A welcome relief from Telstra and Optus etc

Great Aussie Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Been with Boom for almost a year and have always dealt with the same 2 people. Great customer service always willing to help. Good quick internet, prompt and friendly service!!

Satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

What I liked the most is that I've done everything through e-mail, from activation to after-sale support. I'm on month-to-month and I was allowed to keep my plan when I moved house, they only charged a reasonable fee. The only complaints I might have are related to the NBN infrastructure (congestion, low ping) and there is nothing an ISP can do about it.

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

I've been dealing with a human being!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I call up, no queues, talk to someone I can understand, who is quick, efficient and knowledgeable. No more struggles with the big telco's

Comments

5 weeks in and I'm still a happy chappy! Come december, our small rural town gets inundated with tourists and the Internet for all main provider's comes to a standstill! But by choosing a smaller ... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Ditch the main players and go Boom!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

It's pretty hard to fault Boom Broadband. From the first time I called they impressed me. No waiting on the line, clear communication, quick responses to emails. All the things that the big players don't do. The setup is ridiculously easy and when I tested the speed on my 25/5 plan it came to 23.12Mbps which is higher than I expected after talking to others. It's early days so far but no dropouts yet. Do yourself a favour, ditch the big boys and give these guys a shot.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Finally,true high speed broadband.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Been on Boom's 50/20 plan for about 4 months now, and consistently getting slightly above 40mb/s download and at least 15Mb/s upload. Can now easily stream 4K Netflix movies. Staff are friendly and competent, and guess what, they are Aussies running their own Aussie company. No more endless queues on the phone, no more being treated like a mushroom when you finally do get through. As far as I'm concerned, these guys deserve my business!

Excellent value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

NBN the set up was very fast. The internet is very reliable and have no drop outs so far. Great support from the team.

what we needed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

Very satisfied with over aii service installation was easy communication was excellent and the service has been consistent and if there has been any problem a quick phone call has all it has taken to fix it.

Can't fault them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I chose Boom based on the great reviews they already had. My NBN connection turned out to be not so straightforward but the Boom customer service guys were great. They followed through with contact and always kept me in the loop in the process to resolve my connection issues. Online portal/account info is user friendly. Great speed and no connection drop outs.

Quality and fast.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

After I ordered the NBN service online, it took 2 workdays before I had my router delivered.
I plugged in my router and 5 min later I had the fastest internet I've ever had in Australia. So far no problems with drop outs or other connection problems. The service is great! Next to the easy to navigate website you can call the customer service at any time!

Merbein, VIC

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Left iinet due to bad customer service. Boom saves the day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Australian company with Australian Employees what a relief, Best customer experience out of any telco company especially ( iinet ). Keep up the good work!

Very straightforward nbn connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Excellent. They answer quickly and are very easy to deal with. Had no problems with our connection. Chose them based on reviews.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

straight forward service from an aussie no issues to date.swith over if you have the sh-ts with othe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Straight forward service from an aussie no issues to date. switch over if you have the sh-ts with other providers.pay for what you get great service. nbn set up was simple to do.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great aussie company

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

ADSL,
Not a problem with set up. 24 hrs
Connection great, No dropouts
Very satisfied with their service and support.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Don't think about another broadband company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Had NBN connection it was seamless. Did have a problem with wifi dropouts but support fixed in one phone call and no dramas since then.

1 of 8 pages

There are only two of us in the house and do a little business and watch netflex etc please advise what speed and what will be the cost?

MARTIN asked on Nov 13, 2017

Hi Martin,

Thanks for contacting Boom Broadband. If you are watching Netflix or any video on demand services then I would recommend the 25/5Mbps speed tier. The 12/1Mbps speed tier is fine for streaming and basic internet use but it just has less room to move if you have more than one one user online at any time. Boom Broadband currently has a special offer on all of our unlimited data plans at present. We are offering free No-Contract setup (saving of $100) and a discounted modem/router (TP-Link VR500v) at $100 (Normally$125).

You can also upgrade or downgrade your speed tier at any time, so you do have a degree of flexibility.

Check out the special offer available on our website.

Thanks,

Phill

i dont have a current phoneline at my house its never been activated at the swichboard are we still able to get nbn connected is there a wireless option i can use?

dillsy asked on Jul 19, 2017

Answer this

Yes, you can. NBN will not use copper telephone wire. It will be VoIP. Hope this helps!

Very likely fixed wireless would be available. Most Internet providers have somewhere on their site that you can enter your address and they then tell you what is available there.

I need some new services for a new home. What can you offer?

Barry asked on Jul 10, 2017

Answer this

Don't even try this company!! All positive reviews are fake!!

Hi Barry, Apologies for the late reply to this question. We seemed to have missed the notification. Boom Broadband would love to help get you connected at your new home.

Boom Broadband predominately offers NBN services across the country. We can also provide ADSL2+ services in select exchanges across VIC, NSW & QLD. We can certainly check your address and advise further on what we can offer there.

We do have a special offer on at the moment on our 25/5Mbps Unlimited Data Plan. We are offering a further $50 discount on your setup fee, on top of the standard $50 discount on your choice of modem/router. Please see our website for details - https://boombroadband.com.au/special-offer/

Happy to help further - please email sales@boombroadband.com.au

Thanks,