Filter By:

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Flawless ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I've been with Boom for nearly 2 years and could not recommend them highly enough. They may not be the absolutely cheapest but a Melbourne base call centre and steady 40+mb connection on the 50mb plan they are worth every penny. I did change over to Optus to get on the fetch tv box, but this only lasted about 5 days as the Optus speed plummeted to about 5mb in peak hours (when I actually wanted to use the Fetch tv) so I immediately cancelled Optus and changed back and will not look elsewhere in the foreseeable future. Quality over quantity!

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Two months ago, I switched over to Boom Broadband after having experienced ever deteriorating service from Telstra for over seven years. After Telstra failed to connect me to NBN network (HFC) in over two months, I opted Boom Broadband based on the reviews in Product Review and my discussion with Jason. I am so happy about my decision in choosing Boom - Phill and Jason are so good in keeping up promises, getting consistently 44 - 47 Mbps download speed and above all, no need to deal with call centre in India.

Boonah, QLD

• 1 answer

BOOM NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I have been with Boom Broadband for over 2 years now and still find their plans as good as or better than any other NBN provider. Allways very helpful and happy to help with any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Hassle free NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I've been a customer of Boom Broadband for just under a year, so they've provided a reliable service and excellent customer service.
Thanks.

BOOM is the way to go

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

We were on Naked ADSL with Optus for over 10 years and were upgrading to NBN FTTN. Optus has been good to us and the overseas customer service were commendable. However, it was time for a local sea change and after much research BOOM became our new provider. They have a selection of NBN approved TP Link Routers, as of recently TP Link Archer VR500V, dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz, amazing modem.. Transition from ADSL to NBN took a little longer then expected but BOOM came through and since going live yesterday we are achieving 25/5MPBS Phill & Jason from BOOM are exceptional. Attentive, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and good old fashion Australian hospitality. Thank you guys.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

Amazing customer service from this internet provider. We had difficultly with NBN and Boom sorted it all out for us and kept us well informed through all the steps. Same people answering phone so really easy to speak with the same person about your connection from start to connect of service. Highly recommend!!!

Canberra ACT

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Boom Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Its sadly novel these days to get actual customer support, but these guys MUST be the best Telco or ISP in Australia based solely upon their service. I was a customer for almost 2 years on a 25/5Mpbs up to 100GB/month plan for $55. No other ISP at the time could compete and even now, there are very few with better prices. I easily reused a Telstra firmware router (and I'm a nuffy) without any issues. The couple of times I had to call Boom, they went above and beyond to help and fix the problem. Their billing system is even easy and faultless.

I was sad to go as a customer of Boom Broadband. Do yourself a favour and support a real Aussie company!!

Extremely happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

Have been with Boom for several months. So happy with service. You are dealing with a customer service team based in Melbourne. Couldn't be happier

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

What a pleasure to have an Australian based company to deal with, and no language barriers!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I am so impressed with the service I have received from Boom Broadband. Changing to Broadband with them was a flawless operation. From the moment I phoned, and spoke with an English "as a first language" speaking person, everything has worked like a charm. The modem arrived on time, the connection was done on the day, without my having to be there. I was given immediate assistance with setting everything up, including my chromecast device. I only wish I had know about them sooner! If you are looking for an efficient Broadband service provider look no further. Diane

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

No hassles with BOOM!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

I've been a customer now for around 10 months (Wollongong NSW) and I have had no complaints whatsoever. On the few occasions that I've needed to inquire, A REAL-LIVE, AUSTRALIAN HUMAN HAS ANSWERED THE PHONE! I know it's hard to believe but this Australian based ISP is a pleasure to deal with.

• 2 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great Australian company :-)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Fttn NBN Gorokan NSW, I hardly noticed the setup process, seemless. Boom sent the pre set modem, all I noticed was internet stopped for 1hr? They emailed me that I was on nbn & plug my phone into modem (uniden dect 5yrs old) & away I went! The connection is great, no dropouts at all. Boom's customer service is A1, any support needed is immediate by phone or email, so rare these days, (no overseas call centre!!!) Thanks to product review, this is where I found Boom :-) I was fearing the worst & got the BEST

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Based in AU and available

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

The benefit of being with Boom is knowing if any issues arise I can call and be answered straight away by the team based in Australia. It's very easy to troubleshoot.

1 of 10 pages

i dont have a current phoneline at my house its never been activated at the swichboard are we still able to get nbn connected is there a wireless option i can use?

dillsy asked on Jul 19, 2017

Answer this

Yes, you can. NBN will not use copper telephone wire. It will be VoIP. Hope this helps!

Very likely fixed wireless would be available. Most Internet providers have somewhere on their site that you can enter your address and they then tell you what is available there.

I need some new services for a new home. What can you offer?

Barry asked on Jul 10, 2017

Answer this

Don't even try this company!! All positive reviews are fake!!

Hi Barry, Apologies for the late reply to this question. We seemed to have missed the notification. Boom Broadband would love to help get you connected at your new home.

Boom Broadband predominately offers NBN services across the country. We can also provide ADSL2+ services in select exchanges across VIC, NSW & QLD. We can certainly check your address and advise further on what we can offer there.

We do have a special offer on at the moment on our 25/5Mbps Unlimited Data Plan. We are offering a further $50 discount on your setup fee, on top of the standard $50 discount on your choice of modem/router. Please see our website for details - https://boombroadband.com.au/special-offer/

Happy to help further - please email sales@boombroadband.com.au

Thanks,

Phill

I'm impressed by all the reviews. My question - What is the general domestic house range through several walls of the modem you recommend ? Thanks, Brian.

Brian asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for contacting Boom Broadband and thanks for your question regarding WiFi range. Providing a guide to the coverage you will receive is not an easy answer to be honest. All of the models provided by Boom Broadband will cover an average sized, standard construction (timber frame/plaster walled) Australian home. That said there are many factors that can impact on WiFi coverage and this makes it impossible to provide a "guarantee" as to the coverage range. The construction and layout of the home will be major determining factors in the range you receive. As a general rule the AC model routers (Acrcher Series - C50 / VR500v / C7 etc) we offer will have better coverage than the N series routers (WR841N or TDW9970).

There are always solutions when it comes to WiFi coverage but you may need to look at other options such as WiFi range extenders or power line adapters etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Phill

G'day Phil,
Thanks for your response. My problem is that I need a modem/router that will range to 25metres through 4 brick walls. I understand that nothing less than an ac1900 would be able to achieve that. What do you think, and do you sell one of that calibre?

Regards, Brian.