Filter By:
  • 3 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

best NBN provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Can't fault their service and are really helpful when do have questions - Australian run and serviced company helps a lot with good customer service

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 14 helpful votes

Could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I signed up with them as they had great reviews and pricing was competitive. I find the internet speed can be very up and down and have had a bit of frustration at times. I do hope it will get better but it is slightly better than tpg. Compared to existing review my experience has been slightly disappointing.

Comments
Boom Broadband Official

Hi Bella1004, Thanks for your feedback. NBN speeds can vary and are influenced by many factors. If you are having problems however our friendly support team can definitely assist you. Please ema... read more »

Hi! My day is also influenced by many factors usually systemic in nature hence i can't call everytime thee is an issue. I think instead of ctrl c ctrl v answer u could've given me $10 off or someth... read more »

Boom Broadband Official

Hi Bella, I’m happy to help with a more personalized response to your issues. Obviously we don’t have any details on your account from your post here, but I’m happy to look further into this. Ple... read more »

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Outstanding service and value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

We connected ADSL through Boom and it has been an easy, pleasant experience.
Connection is great, unlimited plan price is awesome and no contract which is a winner.
The staff are incredibly polite and helpful, the service is impeccable.
All round a fantastic company, highly recommend

Perth, Australia

• 5 answers
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Seemless transition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Very happy moving from IiNet ADSL to Boom NBN. The connection was easy and internet speeds have been satisfactory from day one. A no nonsense company - I am very happy with their service.

Great provider

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

I have been with Boom since nbn was available in my suburb in 2015. I have never had any problems but I think it's time to upgrade and seek other service providers with value for money.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

ADSL2+ connection. Onboarding experience was great. Value for money is good, but customer service is where this provider REALLY stands out. I've had issues with the line and connection (Telstra's fault on all occasions), but issue reporting and resolution by Boom is the best I've experienced anywhere, especially with Telco's. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Kendenup

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Great stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Have been with these guys since the fixed wireless services were introduced into our town. Had an issue with some NBN equipment and this was dealt with in a very efficient and diligent manner. Had an issue recently which is likely to do with some of my own devices but still the guys at Boom persevered in an effort to resolve the problem. Cant really say enough about how satisfied I've been with their services. Appears to be something of a slowdown in data rates but this is consistent with most users within the broadcast area of the town. It's likely to do with congestion within the NBN but also might have a little to do with bandwidth capacity. Have been promoting verbally about the benefits of switching to Boom from the big Telcos but I'm surprised by the resistance to move over to a smaller and more efficient provider despite the stories of frustration that I hear about the service(or lack of) from the big Co's…..

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Amazing Service and Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

We currently have NBN in our apartment. We called up Boom the day before we moved in and they sent our router through express post so that we would get it in time for our move. We received the router the next day!
When we received the router we called them up and they set up everything extremely quickly on the day we moved in!
The customer service has been excellent since we joined with them 1 year ago.

colnrita@gmail.com

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

A breath of fresh air

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We are in rural SW WA and after struggling with Telstra 3G and their non-existent customer service for years, Boom is a breath of fresh air; real people, real service and real customer care. We signed up for fixed wireless NBN on the strength of reviews here and Boom's pre-sale service on the phone and by email. Connection date was advised the day after signing, and the NBN installer arrived on the assigned date at the assigned time just 7 days later. We have a BYO modem plan so there were some minor configuration/setting up issues which Boom were happy to assist us with; the after-sale service appears undiminished from the pre-sale :-) Early days yet, but no dropouts, ping and connection speeds are pretty good considering we are 10km from the tower and don't have line of sight.

DUNSBOROUGH

Top Notch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

We've had Boom providing our NBN almost 2 years now - we are in country WA so use fixed wireless. On the unlimited, 50mbps speed pack. Connection with Boom was hassle free, great service from Aussies in Melbourne (a big reason we chose them). Polite, helpful, knowledgable service. We've had negligible issues in 2 years - apart from the fact we don't get close to the 50/20 speeds - but that's not because of Boom, that's NBN. But we are thankful for the NBN we have - it's absolutely changed our lives as we had no internet before.

• 1 comment
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Best provider so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

The connection is ok, sometimes it's down but the issue is rectified very quickly and the reason was explained well (they have a "current issue" page that's quite up to date), however the SERVICE is absolutely great! I never had to talk to a machine, and the guys at the other end has always been kind, polite and helpful.

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service and reliable connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

have been with boom broadband for over 2 years and never an issue. any questions or queries are attended to promptly.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Exceptional service, very efficient install and ongoing support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

We had NBN connected to our new business and home with the set up process arranged within 2 weeks. The set up process was easy and installed within the allocated timeframe. Our connection’s are both very reliable with minimal dropouts. Boom Broadband offer a very high level of ongoing and consistent customer service/support.

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 10 answers

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

They try quite a bit but went about it the wrong way.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Service is up to 25mbps, NBN, cable to the building. The TP-Link Modem was pushing out less than 1Mbps frequently & even nothing at times, giving a test error on the speed tests. Must have done 100s+ test all up. The devices are only one room, with an open door away from modem. It gave a good 22.5mbps on the cable ethernet connection & when you put your device right near the modem, so it appeared to be a wifi problem. Rang up several times + emails & was told to contact TP-Link to get a replacement authority & send old one back. Was under the impression we'd have to send it back first & wait for the replacement. We also delayed it as we didn't want to be without the internet, so we waited until we had a weeks holiday to swap them over. More emails, now to TP-Link sending proof photos of poor speeds etc.

Finally 2nd modem arrives & happy to find out we eventually didn't need to send 1st modem back before receiving the 2nd one, wish they had told us that earlier. So the 2nd one is just as bad, terrible, it's now months later, very frustrated & we're back to square one.

Eventually, one Boom staff tech guy mentions the modem is a new recently released model & could have teething problems, need a software update etc. Again, very frustrating. Then we are told it could be the channel selection on the modem itself. There are 20+ different channels we can select to sent the wifi signal (in the right direction/around walls/through walls, whatever) for a better speeds.

So we do this to the 1st "faulty" modem & it now works ok, gets occasionally 5mbps but often 10-15mbps which ok. Would have preferred more but at least we should have been given a warning that wifi might only average probably 1/2 the speeds the cable gives or when one sits right next to the modem.

Would also have like to have been told to change the channel settings before all the rigmarole with warranty claims etc. Now we have to send the 2nd modem back. At least they sent a return paid envelope. It's just sitting here waiting for the next trip our of our way to the Post Office.

So I'll have to change the wifi title I named "I Hate NBN" to "Boom Crash Ordeal." Was hoping for a "Boom Baby Boom" instead.

Didn't give a zero rating cuz the guys are pleasant & try to help & they at least have an Aussie speaking call centre.

Hobart

• 2 comments
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

They make living with FTN bearable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

There's no doubt that the FTN NBN is an utter disaster. Unreliability, frequent dropouts, inconsistent speeds ... unless the node is right outside your house, good luck to you. And even then ... good luck.

That's why it's important to me to use a home based service provider where Ican contact a real person who not only speaks English but will also take ownership of my problems when they arise (and believe me they do) and get them fixed. I'm almost embarrassed about the number of phone calls I've had to make (from my mobile because when the NBN drops out so does the landline) and can't say how thankful I am especially to Phil and James for their inexhaustible patience.

They're not the cheapest outfit in town but you get what you pay for!

Wodonga

• 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

I just called...and spoke to a human in <10 seconds!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Wow, fantastic customer support already! No "press 1" or "tell us in a few words...". Just ring ring, and someone answered. He was friendly and helpful. Walked me through the options. Modem being express posted out tomorrow. Already 110% better than our current provider (Belong!). So happy to have made the switch.

• 1 review

Perfect NBN Provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2017

I call up boom boardband last Sunday have left a messasge and the next day they got back to me straight away and took them 10mins to set up my account. So i sign up with a nbn $75 unlimited and a modem. A day later my account was activated and my new modem arrived on the same day. So after work all i did was plug the cable onto the modem and my internet is on!!!
This company is great!! And the service is no. 1
You are talking to real people and dont need to wait long at all. I recommended to all people who are looking for good internet speed and price and easy internet set up and fantastic service. I am very happy with my product. 5 star for me

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

More than 3 months to get connected to NBN and yet Boom is a five star company through and through.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

I signed up for Boom's HFC service on 5th of August 2017. In the three months, NBN never ceases to amaze me with its incompetence. Failed installation with technician arriving ill equipped (no tools) and assuming I already have coax cable ran in, activation failure, intermittent issues with no updates and ETA - all too familiar story for those trying to connect to HFC network

I spoke with Phill, Jason and James almost on a daily basis for the first three to four weeks and at least on a weekly basis after that. They never fail to disappoint and frustrate me (with no updates and no ETA from NBN Co.) and yet it's hard to take it on them because I know there's nothing more they can do and in fact they have done the best that they can - by actively following up NBN every day.

After more than three months, our property finally went online on 23rd of November and in the end, I didn't end up using Boom's service for other reasons.

Throughout this ordeal, Boom impressed me with their customer service, empathy and transparency. If you have to go through the same pain and wait three months to get connected to HFC, then your best bet is take Boom along for the journey. They made it just bearable. Just.

Five stars Boom. Zero star NBN.

• 1 review

Fantastic Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Have been very impressed with the young team's responsiveness and willingness to provide quick and efficient service. I hope that as they grow, they can maintain the knowledgeable and personal touch. Well done!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great Customer Experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

Having researched a number of offerings for a (HFC) connection to the NBN, looking for an Australian company, employing Australians with no off-shore Call Centre - decided to go Boom Broadband, a Melbourne based company.
The guys at Boom have been great, always responsive and helpful.
Connection was within 10 days of signing up (included NBN installation) and has been reliable, with NO noticeable dropouts.

1 of 8 pages

I am currently on hold with IInet and want to replace them as my ISP. I simply want naked adsl in the Wembley area with unlimited data, can you provide this? Chris

Chris A asked on Feb 26, 2018

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately Boom Broadband does not offer naked ADSL services. We can offer ADSL2+ services in VIC, NSW and QLD but I presume you are referring to Wembley WA which unfortunately we cannot service. It looks like NBN is still a little way off for the area also but once available we will definitely be able to help. We can provide NBN services across the country.

Sorry we can't help today. Happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx

hydraflexx asked on Feb 10, 2018

Answer this

Hi, Boom Broadband doesn't offer 4G backup unfortunately as we do not offer mobile products. If you are having technical difficulties our priority is to work with NBN to have the issue resolved ASAP. Boom prides itself on resolving faults within the framework of NBN extremely quickly. If it is a protracted issue, in most cases we will work with our customers to provide a pro-rata credit to offset any mobile data usage in the interim. As always, if you are having problems talk to our friendly support team and I'm sure we can assist.

We are on the edge of NBN's wireless coverage area in rural SW WA (10km from their tower which we can't see). If we can get wireless NBN at all, would we be subject to frequent dropouts or inferior speeds? At the moment we get reliable but expensive service via a Telstra mobile network tower which is only 1km away. Thanks, Colin

cockatoo asked on Jan 28, 2018

Answer this

I can't answer that. I'm on a fibre cable the the building in Sydney CBD. You need to speak to NBN/Telstra Boom & several other providers & ask as many questions as you can. Can they guarantee a proper & effective service with no dropouts, slow speeds etc? If not stick with what you have.

Thanks Ignas. On the strength of reviews here, there are only three NBN resellers that we would bother to talk to; which we have already done. Since posing the question a visitor has racked up $250 worth of Telstra mobile data in three days; we need to get rid of that real quick so have signed up with BB and hope they can deliver what NBN Co say they can.

Hi Cockatoo,

Apologies for the late reply to this question. We seemed to have missed the post. Generally with Fixed Wireless NBN services on the day of install the NBN technician will conduct a signal strength test to determine if you are able to receive the service at your address. Provided the required signal strength can be met you shouldn't have any problems. If you don't have a line of sight to the tower this may be an issue, but again the technician would advise on the day. If the installation does not proceed, Boom Broadband would of course provide a full refund.

I hope this answers your question and apologies again for the delay.

Regards,