Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Missing American Service?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I cannot express how disappointing Australian internet is. From TPG requiring you to waive consumer protections to maybe get service in a month (WTH is that?), to glacial speeds when you're paying a premium for high-speed, then there's the 'peak hour' sludge, and maybe they'll respond to outages next month. Did you restart your router? Did you try unplugging it?

Boom Broadband has been a g*ddamn godsend. Someone actually answers the phone when you call, will walk you through set-up if you're inept like me, and will have it up and running within the week. In 18 months, I've never had my connection go down, and the only time it runs slow is if I'm using a VPN on peak hours, but even that seems to've stopped being an issue.

Save yourself the hassle and use these guys. They are epic.

Boom Broadband is phenomenal.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

No automated answer machines - amazing!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2017

Even if Boom were not spot on with the installation and connection date I would still rave about them, to make a call and have a friendly genuine Aussie answer is almost unheard of these days. There was no automation whatsoever...truly incredible and absolutely deserves 5 stars!

Mackay

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Talented and exceptional customer service with the ability to problem solve.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2017

FTTN - Way before i was a paying customer, with little knowledge of NBN, Wireless, and other issues, i phoned Boom frequently to ensure that i was going to get things right from the word go. The generous and experienced personnel answered my phone calls within moments, gave me very sound advice, were not pushy, and genuine!.
I had read other positive reviews, and totally agree with them now. I am the kind of person who will pay a few extra dollars a month knowing that i'm going to speak to someone in Australia, who is sincere. Not actually sure it is a few dollars more, as considering their employing great Australians who are talented at solving problems and very friendly, thats just simply value for money!.
The only teething problem was with a problem solved and it wasn't a fault with Boom it was a result of NBNCO. It was solved in what i consider after hours, because they called during my work hours and i said call me back at 5:30, and they did, ONTIME. WOW! Another person in Boom handled my issue, and he new exactly what it was about. Usually this is a problem that you have to re explain everything. Nice that they have things set up to deal with issues.
As previously mentioned, not sure if it's cheap or expensive for NBN, but other providers will have to jack up their prices severely to get sort of authentic Australian customer service.

VALLEY VIEW, SA

• 4 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

We have been connected to FTTP NbN for nearly a year and have never had any problems with Boom. The guys on the phone are brilliant and there to help. Glad we connected.
The NbN itself, on the otherhand is not without its problems. For us, its the fluctuating service that drives us nuts; slow, middling, faster, and never FAST. This has nothing to do with Boom and not in their control.

Boom are great and we would recommend them to everyone.

• 30 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 63 helpful votes

Easy setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

I recently transferred a relative's ADSL and home phone to Boom Broadband NBN and NBN Voice. The process was smooth from start to end, so we're happy customers!

* The day after ordering, was advised of the scheduled cut over date
* The NBN service was activated in 4 business days, exactly when it was scheduled
* The modem/router arrived pre-configured, so just needed to plug it in and turn it on
* My relative called them up to ask a few questions, and apparently the customer service was Australian, easy to understand, and good quality
* The old copper-based phone service continued to work once the NBN service was activated
* Was advised the VoIP service usually takes a further 24-48 hours
* The VoIP service switched over after 4 business days, which was longer than advised
* The modem/router was also preconfigured for NBN phone, so no configuration needed

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great service, and an organisation who out performs the big boys.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Spent 5 weeks calling and waiting and calling and waiting for NBN service from Belong (3 of these weeks was without internet as they cut off my old ADSL) - frustrated with this I called the team at Boom and asked them to please connect me to the internet. Called and placed my order on Tuesday, modem arrived Thursday, online Friday. Yahoo!! And get this, I actually spoke to the same bloke, Phil, each time I called!! No call centre where you are just a number.
Highly recommend Boom Broadband for price and service from people who actually give a damn.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Flawless ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I've been with Boom for nearly 2 years and could not recommend them highly enough. They may not be the absolutely cheapest but a Melbourne base call centre and steady 40+mb connection on the 50mb plan they are worth every penny. I did change over to Optus to get on the fetch tv box, but this only lasted about 5 days as the Optus speed plummeted to about 5mb in peak hours (when I actually wanted to use the Fetch tv) so I immediately cancelled Optus and changed back and will not look elsewhere in the foreseeable future. Quality over quantity!

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Two months ago, I switched over to Boom Broadband after having experienced ever deteriorating service from Telstra for over seven years. After Telstra failed to connect me to NBN network (HFC) in over two months, I opted Boom Broadband based on the reviews in Product Review and my discussion with Jason. I am so happy about my decision in choosing Boom - Phill and Jason are so good in keeping up promises, getting consistently 44 - 47 Mbps download speed and above all, no need to deal with call centre in India.

Boonah, QLD

BOOM NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I have been with Boom Broadband for over 2 years now and still find their plans as good as or better than any other NBN provider. Allways very helpful and happy to help with any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Hassle free NBN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I've been a customer of Boom Broadband for just under a year, so far they've provided a reliable service and excellent customer service.
Thanks.

BOOM is the way to go

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

We were on Naked ADSL with Optus for over 10 years and were upgrading to NBN FTTN. Optus has been good to us and the overseas customer service were commendable. However, it was time for a local sea change and after much research BOOM became our new provider. They have a selection of NBN approved TP Link Routers, as of recently TP Link Archer VR500V, dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz, amazing modem.. Transition from ADSL to NBN took a little longer then expected but BOOM came through and since going live yesterday we are achieving 25/5MPBS Phill & Jason from BOOM are exceptional. Attentive, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and good old fashion Australian hospitality. Thank you guys.

Melbourne

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

Amazing customer service from this internet provider. We had difficultly with NBN and Boom sorted it all out for us and kept us well informed through all the steps. Same people answering phone so really easy to speak with the same person about your connection from start to connect of service. Highly recommend!!!

Canberra ACT

Boom Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Its sadly novel these days to get actual customer support, but these guys MUST be the best Telco or ISP in Australia based solely upon their service. I was a customer for almost 2 years on a 25/5Mpbs up to 100GB/month plan for $55. No other ISP at the time could compete and even now, there are very few with better prices. I easily reused a Telstra firmware router (and I'm a nuffy) without any issues. The couple of times I had to call Boom, they went above and beyond to help and fix the problem. Their billing system is even easy and faultless.

I was sad to go as a customer of Boom Broadband. Do yourself a favour and support a real Aussie company!!

Extremely happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

Have been with Boom for several months. So happy with service. You are dealing with a customer service team based in Melbourne. Couldn't be happier

• 3 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

What a pleasure to have an Australian based company to deal with, and no language barriers!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I am so impressed with the service I have received from Boom Broadband. Changing to Broadband with them was a flawless operation. From the moment I phoned, and spoke with an English "as a first language" speaking person, everything has worked like a charm. The modem arrived on time, the connection was done on the day, without my having to be there. I was given immediate assistance with setting everything up, including my chromecast device. I only wish I had know about them sooner! If you are looking for an efficient Broadband service provider look no further. Diane

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

No hassles with BOOM!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

I've been a customer now for around 10 months (Wollongong NSW) and I have had no complaints whatsoever. On the few occasions that I've needed to inquire, A REAL-LIVE, AUSTRALIAN HUMAN HAS ANSWERED THE PHONE! I know it's hard to believe but this Australian based ISP is a pleasure to deal with.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great Australian company :-)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Fttn NBN Gorokan NSW, I hardly noticed the setup process, seemless. Boom sent the pre set modem, all I noticed was internet stopped for 1hr? They emailed me that I was on nbn & plug my phone into modem (uniden dect 5yrs old) & away I went! The connection is great, no dropouts at all. Boom's customer service is A1, any support needed is immediate by phone or email, so rare these days, (no overseas call centre!!!) Thanks to product review, this is where I found Boom :-) I was fearing the worst & got the BEST

• 1 comment

Based in AU and available

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

The benefit of being with Boom is knowing if any issues arise I can call and be answered straight away by the team based in Australia. It's very easy to troubleshoot.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

The best provider around - wouldn't go anywhere else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We had ADSL connection set up to our residence in the Gold Coast, application process was easy, customer service fantastic & connection is fast and reliable even though we are a fair way from the server. I would recommend this provider 100%, no long wait times when you call, always answered straight away , well done Boom Broadband

Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Great internet ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

This is the fastest internet ever when you move in and out! Installation only took 2 days and internet is so fast! No installation fee is very attractive too! But the mostly, nbn internet with this so fast. Never been disconnected! Def recommend to everyone!

1 of 6 pages

i dont have a current phoneline at my house its never been activated at the swichboard are we still able to get nbn connected is there a wireless option i can use?

dillsy asked on Jul 19, 2017

Answer this

Yes, you can. NBN will not use copper telephone wire. It will be VoIP. Hope this helps!

Very likely fixed wireless would be available. Most Internet providers have somewhere on their site that you can enter your address and they then tell you what is available there.

I need some new services for a new home. What can you offer?

Barry asked on Jul 10, 2017

Answer this

Don't even try this company!! All positive reviews are fake!!

Hi Barry, Apologies for the late reply to this question. We seemed to have missed the notification. Boom Broadband would love to help get you connected at your new home.

Boom Broadband predominately offers NBN services across the country. We can also provide ADSL2+ services in select exchanges across VIC, NSW & QLD. We can certainly check your address and advise further on what we can offer there.

We do have a special offer on at the moment on our 25/5Mbps Unlimited Data Plan. We are offering a further $50 discount on your setup fee, on top of the standard $50 discount on your choice of modem/router. Please see our website for details - https://boombroadband.com.au/special-offer/

Happy to help further - please email [email protected]

Thanks,

Phill

I'm impressed by all the reviews. My question - What is the general domestic house range through several walls of the modem you recommend ? Thanks, Brian.

Brian asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thanks for contacting Boom Broadband and thanks for your question regarding WiFi range. Providing a guide to the coverage you will receive is not an easy answer to be honest. All of the models provided by Boom Broadband will cover an average sized, standard construction (timber frame/plaster walled) Australian home. That said there are many factors that can impact on WiFi coverage and this makes it impossible to provide a "guarantee" as to the coverage range. The construction and layout of the home will be major determining factors in the range you receive. As a general rule the AC model routers (Acrcher Series - C50 / VR500v / C7 etc) we offer will have better coverage than the N series routers (WR841N or TDW9970).

There are always solutions when it comes to WiFi coverage but you may need to look at other options such as WiFi range extenders or power line adapters etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Phill

G'day Phil,
Thanks for your response. My problem is that I need a modem/router that will range to 25metres through 4 brick walls. I understand that nothing less than an ac1900 would be able to achieve that. What do you think, and do you sell one of that calibre?

Regards, Brian.