Melbourne

Private message

Service works, but they steal your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Service itself is on Telstra network and works well. However, rest is terrible.

When company changes plans and offers better ones, they will not tell you, so you continue to pay high rate until you find out yourself. i guess, 99% of the companies are same, but it is still quite annoying.

Now, let's try to switch plan. You can do that easily, but any unused credit you have is gone. Yep, they just steal your money. oh, if you were unlucky enough to top up your account with add-ons for, say, roaming while you were on that holiday, it will be gone too. Switch plans and you start from clean slab. No refunds, of course. By the way did you know that if you are roaming and want to send single SMS you have to top up your account with $15. You have only limited time to use the rest of the funds, after which it is gone. E.q. stolen by Boost mobile.

Service is billed in 28 days, not 1 month. While peanuts, really, worth noting you are paying slightly higher rate per month than advertised.

And now we come to the automated system that manages your recharges. This is the only way you can re-charge, add auto-recharge or add-on. It is designed in a way so it is very easy to pay for same thing multiple times. And what happens with additional payments? See above -- quietly stolen by Boost. For example, you recharged your monthly plan. All good. If you try to re-charge it again, old one will be cancelled (no refund of course) and new one will be initiated. All without any warning. Want to set up auto-recharge. You can only do so at the billing date. Otherwise you will loose any money paid till end of the recharge period.

On the other hand, customer support is there. This gives you a warm feeling. They are generally very useless, but, at least, you can talk to someone.

Activation so easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Just pinged it all into the wesbite while I was on the phone to someone, and it was so quick (I was expecting 24-48 hours) it actually cut off the call. Amazing service. Let's hope this keeps up!

MELBOURNE

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

PAID FOR 6GB PLAN, ONLY GOT 3GB AND CUSTOMER SERVICE USELESS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

I just recharged with Boost on the $30 plan that is supposed to give me 6GB data. I got 3GB data and trying to get someone in their customer service team to fix it is impossible! They are so bad to deal with that I hate to say this but I think dealing with Telstra was much easier. CYA Boost. I'll be going elsewhere

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Cheap but horrible customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Definitely cheaper compared to other providers. Their customer service is terrible and it normally takes days for them to get back to you. Also, the coverage is not always guaranteed.

Maitland nsw

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Easy porting helpful online staff

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Easy to port over great experience with the staff love the plans wish they still were 30 day plans love the app

Hobart, Tasmania

• 7 helpful votes

Couldn't Have Been Quicker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

After much research, and reading on ProductReview.com.au, I decided to change my mobile sim provider to Boost. I was a bit put off by the large numbers of negative experiences across all mobile sim providers and vowed to write a positive review (should my experience be positive). I think a lot of people are quick to complain, and we don't hear about the many more that were happy with their service received.

I ordered 8pm Sunday. Order was processed the following day. I received it midday Tuesday in Tasmania. Couldn't have been quicker. I activated my SIM and selected to keep my old number (previous service with iiNet/optus network). Within 8 minutes of doing this, my mobile advised me my SIM was no longer provisioned. Switched it out, put the new one in. Bang. I'm now with Boost, and my reception is fantastic.

Constructive feedback: Boost suggests you check your mobile is compatible on the 3G 850mhz network. The link they provide ([link removed]) no longer exists and directs you to the Telstra Mobile page. The link you want is: [link removed]

Other than that - completely seamless switch to a new mobile provider. Very happy to have a voicemail box, reasonable data, data rollover(!), and unlimited calls for only $30. Highly recommend.

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 15 helpful votes

Terrible activation service. Online and PayPal fail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Went to activate online. paid for $50 via PayPal. Kept getting sms that there is a problem with activations. Next day get an sms. Call 1258881. Call the number. No one can help. The $50 is still pending in PayPal so no data for me. Call PayPal. They said Telstra (boost) have not taken the payment and to call them. They can’t help. Travelling the outback with limited reception so not much I can do.

Tip. Don’t pay via PayPal. Don’t use boost.

Boost is basically Telstra but cheaper

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

To start with Boost needed to be clearer with porting of existing Telstra customers. I'd needlessly bought a $2 SIM card. Then I had to call the 12 number and got a blank SIM posted to me. Very quickly I might add.

The blank SIM arrived, I called the number again within business hours. The swap over literally happened within 1 minute. The guy said up to 4 hours. The Telstra SIM dropped to "SOS Only", I switched SIMs and Boost SIM fired up, with the same words "Telstra" on my iPhone.

Interestingly my old voicemail recordings from my Telstra prepaid service remained intact. In fact other than alerts now saying "Boost" rather than "Telstra" this service is just the same. A trip to remotest WA also proved that coverage is identical. How can I be upset by the service, its the same for less money, you can't complain about that.

The iPhone app is a bit weak but it does the trick, its also annoying that you have to turn off wifi to use it. You can use #111# instead (#100# as used on Telstra prepaid also works the same). A nice touch is the inclusion of Paypal as a top up option.

The other thing is the lack of international SMS even though I have 100 international minutes of calls to a handful of countries. I use international SMS to non-iPhone friends rarely, but I still do from time to time. Not worth the monthly $15 extra. Belong seems better in that respect, but coverage is no match.

For the coverage and price alone, I'm staying with Boost.

YOKINE

Verified Customer

The most stupid support ever experienced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Words almost fail me. The technical support offered by Boost Mobile is so inanely useless that it defies description. Reading off a script is bad enough; but when that script has been written by someone whose knowledge of technical problems is essentially zero, the resulting conversations with Boost Mobile staff are akin to Chinese water torture.

Queensland

• 9 comments
  • 44 helpful votes
Private message

Quick porting and competitive pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Ported from optus to boost which took less than 20mins, happy about that. Unlike optus I'm getting excellent 4G coverage all parts in my place which optus couldn't couldn't achieve not too mention my 125mbps download. Awesome work boost.

Sydney

• 9 helpful votes

Terrible Customer Care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Their customer service is careless. Service is horrible.

Made several problems with their service and each time I tried contacting their customer service they were terrible.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Good Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Great Service could be a little better with data/plan upgrade bit more competitive to others. But a lot cheaper than some.

Verified Customer

Good service and easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Happy with my prepaid plan, get a good amount of data and unlimited calls and texts. Whenever I call customer support very helpful and send receipts out to my email.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
Private message

Up and running again in no time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I switched my old number across to boost after my old provider couldn't match the offer that boost mobile offered. While having been with boost before, I was sorry to let my old provider go, but things inevitably change often.

I found the signal clearer and stronger with boost than with my old provider. In the beginning being on the phone was like being in next room talking even with the same handset as before.

I have always been fan of data rollover because it felt like a waste to be paying for services that I wasn't using and hence lost at the end of the month. My old provider would use current plan data first then use rolled data. Boost mobile is unique because data roll over happens and this data is used first then plan data. Very handy and smart!

The roll over as far as I am aware is from 30 dollars and up on recharges perpaid only for 28 days of usage and to keep and roll over unused data you have to top up again on the 28th day.

I am jumping between 30 and 40 dollar recharges because my usage sits between these plans. The flexibility is great for this!

All in all pleased with the change. I was told that porting may take up to 4 hours by customer service to have everything done and dusted in around 10 minutes. Thanks for the promptness there boost!

Overall, happy.

MELBOURNE

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Having Issues every month since the start

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

I am using $30 prepaid plan: Been having issues every month since the start, and have to call Customer Services to resolve issues every month (started Dec-2017, now it's end of Apr-2018). And yes, I also had difficulty porting my number like the other reviewers here, went back and forth a few times to have it finally happening. Getting tired of all these now, and loosing appetite on the 28-day 5GB data and roll-over data, because there are other carriers doing similar offer.

Value for Money: Only if I do not have to call Customer Services every month... never had this frequency in almost 2 decades of using mobile phones. The most recent issue is I didn't get notification that the auto-recharge has been rejected by the bank this month and re-set itself to blank, lost rollover data and cannot use the phone --- I need to call my bank to find out the reason of rejection, so I will come back to this point later. (Update: I called the bank and the bank said the card is working fine...and I manually recharged successfully. Ok that's enough, I am changing to different service after this month.)

Customer Service: I got reasonable services 2 times out of 7. I noticed that some of them would put customer on mute at the end of the call instead of hanging up, maybe hoping customer would hang up first to skip/miss the service rating survey at the end of the call. This situation happened twice, the first time Boost staff didn't hand up until abt 15 minutes later, and the second time the person waited 4-5 minutes. Feels dodgy.

The Network Coverage: my last account was with Telstra before switching to Boost, and I had used Optus and other carriers before, so I think I can do a reasonable comparison for this. Boost Mobile is using Telstra network, but to be honest, I do not feel it has the exactly same coverage, an example is when travelling on the train through Richmond and Glenferrie area in Victoria, I do feel Telstra has better coverage than Boost.

All good so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Ordered blank sim. Arrived next day. Transferred my post-paid Telstra plan to a pre-paid plan as required. Rang Boost 1258881 and requested blank sim activation with number porting . It happened within minutes so customer service clearly understood what was required and completed the transfer without a problem. So no complaints at this point. I made a point of being polite and clearly explaining my requirements. I was a clean experience. $40 plan, unlimited calls and 15gb of data set up with auto-pay on the required day each month with data rollover apparently.

Scamander, Tasmania

Private message

No tears, and it's not even bedtime.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2018

I have just become a prepaid customer of Boost Mobile, after an extremely frustrating three months with Optus.
The Boost package costs me just $20 every 28 days, compared to $35 a month for Optus. Plus I now get 2.5GB, compared to only 1.5GB with you know who.
I sent away for Boost's $2 starter SIM, which arrived three days after I ordered online.
This afternoon I went online to switch (or "port") from O to B, and was expecting nothing to happen today, as it is Sunday. However, less than three hours later, I received emails from each provider stating that the port had been completed!
I now have the Boost SIM in my mobile, and the whole process has been completed swiftly and without drama. Exactly as these transactions are supposed to work.
So far, I am extremely satisfied with my new mobile provider.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Trying to port my number over, 7 phone calls later, sent to telstra store (for extra time wasting!) maybe it'll happen maybe it won't either way when it's done I'll be porting back to aldi I won't bother to buy any credit with these morons.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

For Prepaid Mobile I wouldn't recommend any one else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

Ive usually always been on a plan but got so sick of being locked into a contract that I swapped to Prepaid with Telstra. Telstra give the smallest amount of data which you burn through in about two days! I then swapped to Optus as they had better deals but still found I was chewing through the data wayyy to quickly! A friend of mine recommended Boost mobile and I'm so glad I gave them a go! I ported my number over from Optus which took about an hour and ever since I've had no issues and have never run out of data!

Good Telstra coverage is an advantage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

I've been with Boost for 4 years, never had an issue. There are some cheaper options out there now though I stay with them due to their coverage. I spend a lot of time camping so having Telstra coverage really helps to stay connected. Always better than my friends with other providers. I only pay $20 per 28 days, I have wifi at home so never go through my data. Is a no brainer really

1 of 15 pages