Review rating:

• 26 helpful votes

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

A Shaky Start But All Went Well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Bordernet installed the system for us 2 weeks before we were due to go on an extended holiday. It worked for 2 days and then nothing. It took a few emails and phone calls, but in the end they organised for someone from NBN to come out and re configure everything 2 days before we were due to leave. They told us we would be charged for the service from the day it was up and running, which didn't impress us, but not long after we returned home from our holiday we received our first bill dated from our return date, so we were more than happy. After years of issues with Telstra, and no compensation, this company is a breath of fresh air. So far so good as far as the service goes. It's working and we are saving money!!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

The best service of any company I have ever dealt with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Loving my NBN. I am out in the country, no other options. The speed is fantastic and other family members have commented on it. No dropouts, excellent streaming. LOOOVE speaking to locals for customer service. No wait for service.

Tanybryn

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Verdict: Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

In the past I've approached securing a new Internet service with trepidation, as ISPs have ranged from the not very good, to the truly awful. Plus I was pre-wired to expect NBN problems based on widespread negative comments.

In reality, I've found both the ISP (Bordernet) and the NBN SkyMuster service to be excellent. The 'onboarding' to arrange the service was straightforward; the NBN installer turned up as promised and did a good job of installing the dish and modem. The Internet came on within minutes of the modem being installed, and has worked well since. There is an occasional slight delay due to satellite latency, but nothing untoward. The daytime data allowance is OK, and there are ways to access the off peak and much larger data allowance. For example, I use PlayOn to download streaming TV shows, Netflix and music between 1am and 7am.

Bordernet's service is fine, billing is straightforward and accurate, and the SkyMuster service is perfectly adequate.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Much better than previous service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Our connection is more stable than the previous supplier. We have had only one outage in the year or so since we joined and it was was quickly and professionally dealt with.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Bordernet is the best company. They are so helpful and easy to talk to you. They really care about their customers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Very happy with service and quick installation, No problems experienced, very helpful when enquiring of availability and best plan for our use.

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Rock solid reliable, good phone support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Rock solid reliable, good phone support. Never had a problem. So glad I no longer deal with Telstra. Would recommend to friends.

Hassle free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We have had a few dropouts but also we have had 12 days of cloudy weather . Dealing with you guys on the phone is a breeze and makes it easy

Hobart

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Can't say enough good things about Bordernet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Until October last year, the only broadband internet available at my address was wireless broadband. It was expensive, unreliable and frequently very slow. We had a 15 Gigabyte monthly data allowance and were frequently finding our service slowed due to exceeding our allowance. In October, I signed up for a satellite NBN broadband connection with Bordernet and we settled in for what I assumed would be a long wait for our new service to be installed. I had heard a great many tales about the awful delays experienced by people awaiting connection to the NBN. Given our relatively remote location, we imagined our wait would be very long.

We were astonished when we were contacted within a couple of weeks and within three weeks of the initial application, a technician from the NBN arrived and installed our satellite service. He did an excellent job in a couple of hours and we were online immediately.

Our experience since signing up with Bordernet has been perfect. For the first time ever, we got to experience real broadband performance. The previous wireless connection achieved 400KB per second on its very best day and was so slow as to be useless at other times. Our Bordernet satellite connection regularly exceeds 2 MB per second and rarely dips below one MB. The connection has been rock solid with almost not disruption whatever over the months since its installation.

My only enquiries with Bordernet have been handled promptly and courteously and I honestly can't fault their service. We are now enjoying internet that is five times faster than what we knew previously. Our monthly data allowance is three times greater in peak hour than what we previously had in total and we have an additional 100GB allowance for out of hours use, which we've hardly ever accessed. We've never come anywhere near using up our peak hour data allowance.

All this for less than half what we were previously being charged for wireless broadband. Further, our actual data usage since transferring to Bordernet has been far less than what was being charged by the wireless broadband provider, despite my internet usage being considerably less frugal, given our generous new data allowance.

I honestly can't do justice to how pleased we have been with our transfer to Bordernet's satellite NBN. This is the future we never dared to imagine!

Comments
Bordernet Official

Thank you so much Andrew. Your feedback reminds us of why we got into this industry, and we are so very pleased that you're happy with the service. As always If you have any concerns or questions (... read more »

Crappy service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2018

I was a customer of Bordernet i was promised one thing and they never came through with it i was treated with no respect from the manager i kept getting drop outs all the time i kept ringing them and nothing got done SO DON'T USE THEM!!! terrible

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi Scott, i'm sorry to hear you had such a poor experience with us. We offer a variety of methods for customers to communicate service issues to us. That can be by phone (you can even leave a voic... read more »

Higher Macdonald

No problems.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Have been eith Bordernet since May 2006 and never had any problems. As all the other rebiews say, helpful is an understatement and BTW, the satellite service works a treat.

Comments
Bordernet Official

2006!! Satellite sure has changed since then. Thank you for being with us every step of the way, we will keep doing our best!

• 1 comment

I am so please I have Bordernet for my NBN internet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

NBN Satellite Bordernet is the best thing I have done, They made it so easy to set it up and install it, I would highly recommend it, I have reliable connection which is great, customer service is great too.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi jen62, Thank you for the kind review. Always great to to hear your connection was easy and reliable. If you do recommend our service to anyone be sure to let us know, we have a Refer a Friend pr... read more »

Thank you Bordernet, I will keep that in mind, I forgotten to say in my review that your Australian family own and no overseas answering phone calls, so much good things about Bordernet.

Outbacko Perfecto

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

Aussie staff at hand A+. Has made church 90km away easier if i cannot attend personally. Wish it was quicker for Netflix so i cannot have that yet. Maybe thats a good thing lol. Need higher plans like 500gb or Unlimited as im a Documentary/Movie guy. AAA+ Guys for always helping where needed and going that xtra mile. Good luck with the future Bordernet, im sure its going to be a bright one for you the more the city folk realise the country is the place to be. Oxley 2711

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hello IAMlast, thank you for your kind words, its great to hear we are making life a little easier for you. In regards to Netflix I may have a solution for you. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87... read more »

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Superb satellite service provider.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

We've been with Bordernet since March 2007 & wouldn't contemplate changing. The service from them is brilliant & we are always well informed about upcoming changes such as new satellites or new plans. Any time I have had an issue I have always been able to speak to an Aussie and get prompt service. Have had no hesitation in recommending Bordernet to many friends. Love our NBN Satellite connection. Thank you Bordernet

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi Tracey S! We are constantly blown away with the lovely words of encouragement from our customers. I really don't know if we are deserving of such high praise as our email server was down from Fr... read more »

yes we were affected by the outage & it was rather frustrating as we were awaiting some extremely important paperwork which finally came through this morning. Sadly when we all use technology so mu... read more »

Connection Type: ISP Satellite

Been with the company for 6 years now, great reliable service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

after reading all the reviews on your home page, I say that I agree with most of the comments. We couldn't be happier with the service, the connection,the coverage and the friendly help the helpfull staff give us. Well done Bordernet.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Thank you for the kind words knobby, we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It fuels our determination to keep providing the best support around!

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Been with Bordernet for several years.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Bordernet recently upgraded our service to NBN.Very happy with the service and support that’s why we stay with them for nearly 10 years now. Great customer service.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi Sue.A, Thank you for your kind words, always great to hear from someone who has been with us for so long.

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Service above and beyond other companies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

You guys are the best. Problems {very few} solved immediately. Can talk to the service department one on one and questions discussed and answered. Nowhere else have I had service like this. Always recommend Bordernet.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi B.J. Getting one on one service is a rare commodity these days. It was a conscious decision when we first started this company to give as much as we could towards our customers, as we know how f... read more »

Connection Type: NBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

A friendly, devoted team with a personal touch.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Service out in the sticks isn’t as great as most, but the team at Bordernet have provided friendly and dedicated support to me for nearly three years. They were also the only company that would connect my second hand now obsolete satellite dish and then carry the service over to the new dish. A love the personal touch that I always receive from these guys. I feel like a person and not a number. Thank you Bordernet team.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi VeraT, As a bunch of country people growing up with less than equivalent services, we decided early on to learn from our own experiences and improve on them when supplying satellite technology. ... read more »

Unlike the others

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

The very fact that I am prepared to right a review is something in itself. But Bordernet has been exceptional. Their service is of the highest order in every area. The response times shame other service providers. Their staff are friendly,well versed in the required fields of expertise and only too willing to help.I have had a myriad of ISP's including Maxnet who closed down,TPG who hold the record for keeping me waiting, Iprimus who's service was inept and ridiculous and a couple of others who were similarly useless. Well done Bordernet.....don't change a thing.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi Paul C, great to hear such high praise. We will continue to do everything we can to maintain our service. Please let the team know if we ever slip.

Longstanding Customers Quote Service As Best Issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

After 12 years as customers we believe the best thing about Bordernet is the Customer Service. They DO phone back, they do stay on the line while you poke around and check all your connections, they are the same small Aussie English speaking team each time you call up, and they help with all sorts of 'computer' issues even noxious emails. NBN satellite speeds are bad as we live in the Australian country however that seems to be beyond Bordernet's control. The Sky Muster installation service was absolutely appalling, with us in desperation reaching out to Minister for Rural Affairs after days of no connection and I am sure was unfairly no good for Bordernet's excellent reputation.

Comments
Bordernet Official

Hi Alex, wow 12 years! where does the time go? Thank you for your kind words. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to chat about your NBN speeds. As you know we are more than happy to go over everything to keep NBN honest!

1 of 3 pages