Traralgon

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Three weeks after connection and still not running right!! Bosch service team have tried to fix it and it fails every time after they leave. There hasn't been continuous hot water since it was connected. Bosch sales person will not replace it with a new one!!! Save yourself the stress, and avoid!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Hot Water & Heating Official

Hi MoMo, we’re really sorry to hear about your experience with us so far. We would like to assist you further but as we cannot access your contact details through ProductReview, we will require you... read more »

I'm in contact with a Bosch representative...when the problems are resolved to my satisfaction i will update my review with the results.

Update: Bosch Heat pump installed 14/9.....Fixed 23/10. FIVE WEEKS. It had a complete change over of the large computer/mechanical part on top....only original part left, the water tank. It is now... read more »

Tanunda

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

So noisy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

We bought a Bosch Compress 3000 DW and find it so noisy, we need to shut all the windows otherwise it wakes us up, thank goodness our neighbours are not in their house very often otherwise we would get a major complaint from them. Does anyone else have a very loud unit, is this usual for them, if so we will need to end up replacing it at a major cost because it is unbearable.

Wentworth Falls

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Low Cost to Run, Very Satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

The unit has been installed for a year. Long enough to be ready to review it. We chose this unit to remove our need for natural gas heated water. We have a 5kW solar panel system and I programmed the Bosch to run while the solar system is generating power, making it very cheap to run. Programming the setup had the plumber stumped, though the install was easy as we positioned it near where the old gas unit had been. A sit down with the manual and a thorough read-through and I had the system running as required. A couple of adjustments to the programming since hasn’t required the manual to achieve the result. The menus are a little obscure, though after a few tries using them it all comes together. The unit has run flawlessly since. It’s installed in the Upper Blue Mountains, where the daytime temperatures typically reach the low teens in winter. The water from the system is used mainly for at least 3 showers daily and cleaning the dishes the dishwasher doesn’t do and has run out of hot water once, because I’d set the program for too short a cycle to heat the water, therfore not the heater’s fault. It may struggle to supply enough hot water on demand for more than 4 people, unless the boost is set on the menus. Because the unit is a heat transfer unit (aka an air conditioner compressor) there is some noise, which I expect if it was installed near windows / outside doors, the sound could be noticed. We installed it where we only notice a low hum in the house near the unit. Would we install one again? Yes, if we moved house, or needed to replace this one with another if we stay where we are long enough for it to wear out. Overall, we’re very satisfied.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Bosch Hot Water Heat pump very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

The Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump we purchased from Specialized Heating and Cooling is very good and the savings off our home energy bills are amazing, if I was you I would replace your electric or gas units with a Bosch Heat Pump it’s ideal and works great all year around with the unit working down to -7 deg and a dB of 41db or program it to turn off and night and back on in the morning so 0 dB over night.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Energy bill savings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2018

I bought my Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump form Swan Plumbing and I’m very happy with the savings now off me energy bills.
Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump is amazing and the guys that installed it did a great job connecting it also to my PV system which if me even more savings.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Works well with big savings on bills.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Had the system for a few months in a very cold location in hills east of Melbourne. Works well. Easy to install, big savings on power bills (about $3 a day) and no dramas with hot water running out. You can set the temperature of water easily so can have it as hot as you want (to within safety limits). Programming is easy, but to be honest unless you know what you are doing systems best to be left on standard settings imho.

The system is designed for a 3-4 person household. If you want more hot water you need a bigger system... and will need to pay for it.

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: May 2017

Runs out of hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

This hot water unit is a complete dud. We are a family of 5 and we can't even get 4 showers before we run out of hot water. We have new house and in the process of ripping it out and replacing it. Very disappointed as this is the biggest unit Bosch makes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

programming

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

I agree the unit with solar panels is great. However the programming manual is not well written and unit interface not intuitive to setup, Has anyone written a simple set of instructions?
( and for some strange reason i need to write at least Fifty words. I have now do that.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

having trouble programming the system

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

The plumber installed the system and it ran fine for 3 days, now it has stuck on Auto and only heats the water to 37o. I rang for help on the 1300 number on how to re set it and couldnt get any satisfaction. We are in the country and not close to a plumber.

KEPPEL SANDS

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great system to use with PV Solar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Very happy with this system. We used the built in settings to only operate between 10 am and 3 pm and had our electrician wire us onto general supply. As we have solar this means we are not feeding back to the grid at 7c but heating hot water first. Family has 6 showers a day and we have not run out of hot water even a bath now and then on a Sunday afternoon. 43 units of power used in one calendar month (QLD summer) the heat pump transfer really makes use of that power. Once a week the system high heats on a legionaries setting, just have to remember on that night we need to add more cold water as what comes out is quite a bit hotter.

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

The town house that I bought had an instant hot water system..1st quarter $350. 2nd qtr $510. 3 rd qtr 816. YIKES
Bosch 1st qtr which includes 3 weeks with the instant hot water....$206.
Everything I read about this system is true..the only negative thing I can say is that when I rang Bosch c/service for more information, the person i spoke with knew less than I did & wasn't interested in helping.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Best Hot Water Heat Pump on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2016

A plumber recommended me the Bosch Hot Water Heat Pump and it's been fantastic due to the controller on the front of the unit it lets me see what the temp in the tank is and it's only 43db and you can program it to turn on when you want it off like at night so no noise at night at all and it's PV connectable. The Bosch Heat Pump is excellent.

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

We have had this unit for about 2 years now and not a single problem. We never run out of hot water and we have a family of 4, who take long showers. And our electricity bills have reduced.

My one suggestion would be that Bosch make available some sort of coupling for the exhaust air so that householders can pipe it into the house. My understanding is that the unit works by taking energy out of the air and then returning that air, a few degrees cooler, to the atmosphere. The result is that the unit produces wonderfully cool air! At present the air just cools my garden. It would be great if we could pipe that air into the house (with a shut off valve for winter, of course!). Free air conditioning!

Private message

Waste of money and always runs out of hot water

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

We bought this for a family of 4 and to date nothing but dramas , you have two showers then its no longer hot anymore or it takes so long to heat up again , company was notified and only thing they would do is go around in circles while you suffer. I heard it's compulsory to have when building new dwellings !!! If it is , ... Biggest Scam .

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
Private message

Great savings to date and plenty of hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

I installed the compress 3000 outdoors in Christchurch New Zealand in November 2015. Install was handled by a plumber mate, very straightforward to plumb and wire up. Once operational we set the system to the factory setting, heat pump with backup electrical element. System took about 5 hours before we had hot water.
We are a family of four with a bath and dumper rain shower along with no dishwasher so we use a fair amount of hot water, we have constant hot water throughout the day but if we run two baths, one 15 min shower and wash the dishes in the evening we will only have luke warm water for the rest of the evening until morning.
Running costs to date have been excellent, last power bill was $122 NZD verse $250 for the same period the year before and I expect large cost savings in winter when it can get down to -3 and the system will run at night on the cheaper night tariff.

If you are looking to purchase ensure that you place the unit at least 5m away from bedrooms/living as the running noise is reasonably high.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Hot Water & Heating Official

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for taking the time to send in your in-depth review on our Heat Pump.

We hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

• 9 helpful votes

Do Not Buy This Item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2015

I had an electric system that died so got some advice and THOUGHT that I had made a good decision. A lot of money for a [word removed] system - not a good investment. This system does not get hot. Really bad decision, never buy this system. Bad bad bad, rang Bosch to ask for help and the guy could not give a [word removed] - really great customer service not not not not not.

Private message

I ran out of hot water. Then read the instructions!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

I have had the compress 3000 DWFOO installed and like the flexibility of being able to control the unit with the LED user interface (HMI). I also like the unit feet that elevate it off the ground (for rust reasons) If you are experiencing high water demand (you have visitors or kids that live in the shower), by pressing the + and - keys simultaneously, the one shot boost is activated and works quickly to restore water temperature by using both the pump and the element. I also have increased my unit temp to 60C and as the unit feeds through a mixing valve, I extend my hot water a bit further. In addition I have also ensured that the auto boost function is activated.

Ensure that either you read the instructions which are on line and supplied with the unit or have the installer give you a quick lesson.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Hot Water & Heating Official

Hi Jim, Our team at Bosch appreciate the time you have taken to submit your review, and are happy to hear you are impressed by some of the features on our Bosch compress 3000 Heat Pump. We hope y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

A great product works like magic.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

I changed from a new gas storage system best decision I made. Had it for 3 weeks and already I can see the cost of hot water just going down. I use it on the auto system in conjunction with my solar electric and therefore I have it on only during the day so it cost next to nothing to run. Take a bit of time to understand the various programmes and how they work once you understand them they are very easy.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bosch Hot Water & Heating Official

Hi Norm,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for the Bosch Compress 3000.

We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you continue to enjoy many years of hot water!

Kind Regards,

The Bosch Hot Water & Heating Team

I think it would be seen by more people if it was placed under the heading of BOSCH HEAT PUMP 3000

Bosch Hot Water & Heating Official

Hi Norm, Thank you for the suggestion! We are currently looking at updating our information to ensure our Heat Pump is found on product review in order to capture more reviews and obtain positive... read more »

Just installed the Bosch 3000 hot water heap pump. The plumber set it to the manual setting. The heat pump heats at anytime of day when it needs to. However, we want the heat pump to work during off peak period only (between 11pm and 6am). We followed the instructions in the manual, we set the heat pump to rum from 11pm to 6 am. However, the following morning at about 10 am I went and checked and the water temperature was just 23 C indicating that the heat pump had not heated overnight. There had been little hot water use, just a sink full of dishes nothing else. I then went to check the program it seemed to have the right times in it but I couldn't change them or set up a program in P3. So I put the heater back onto man mode and we have hot water now. How do I get to run a program? how can I check that a set program is actually running?

Penny Pincher asked on Oct 13, 2018

Answer this

We would recommend for you to call us at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37 when you are at home with the unit and we can help you with programming times for your appliance. Our helpful team are available from 8am to 6pm (AEST) and can take you through the process of manually setting the unit up to your requirements.

Hi Penny, I hope you have luck. We tried the same thing but it comes on at all hours through the day, the night time is the worse especially at 2am in the morning as it's so noisy, we rang for help and now it's back on Manual too but it's crazy it's still coming on at all hours. The noise factor of ours is unbearable so we have been trying to get it only to come on through the day as it wakes us up at night, the neighbour has complained too. I had a guy around to help but as it wasn't running he couldn't do a thing he said to record the noise, so I did after it woke us up again in the early hours of the morning, but it will be a waste of time as the recording does not give the true noise level We will just have to wear ear plugs, but we feel very sorry for our neighbour. If we had know how noisy the system is we wouldn't have touched it. How is your system regarding noise factor, we may have bought a dud at a huge expense. I have wasted so many phone calls to the help centre I give up. As I have been writing this it has come on ...again...I can hear it clear as a bell inside with the TV going, it's like living near wind turbines the drone is unbearable. Good luck with yours.

Hi how do I check the power consumption of the unit?

Harry asked on Oct 05, 2018

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your question. To find the cumulative consumption of your heat pump, you will need to access the “Info” function on your heat pump’s display screen. Press “Menu” on the heat pump display. “PROG” will then be displayed. Use the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ to find “Info”. Press “ok”. The cumulative consumption in kWh will then be displayed. Please be aware that the counter automatically resets to “000” once the value reaches 1193 kWh.

We hope this helps but if you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful customer service team at our toll-free number 1300 30 70 37. They’re available any time between 8am to 6pm (AEST) during the week.

Where are these heat pump Hot water systems manufactured?

Paul asked on Sep 05, 2018

Answer this

The Bosch Hot Water Heat Pumps have Bosch German technology in them and manufactured in the Bosch Hot Water factory in Portugal.

Hi Paul, thanks for your question. As Francis has mentioned, our heat pumps are designed and made in Bosch's European manufacturing plant in Portugal.

See all 15 questions about Bosch Compress 3000