Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Can’t fly without them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

When you deal with people in your job everyday. You need to be able to shut out all the sounds and stresses of the world. These Bose headsets are perfect for doing just that!!! Flying often means these come with me each and every time! Thank you for a great product

Christchurch

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Expensive? Tick. Excellent? Tick.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

These are wonderful headphones but they are very expensive, so they won't suit everyone. You do get a lot for the money though. Excellent sound quality (I'm no audiophile though so don't take that as an expert opinion) and excellent noise suppression. They are also light and super comfortable. The battery lasts for many many hours and charging is easy. Personally I don't use the voice-recognition feature that is about the only difference that I know of between these and the original QC35's so I'd've been just as happy with the QC35 model ones if I could have had them for a cheaper price. I managed to find mine new at a very good price from Noel Leeming in Christchurch. The price seems to vary enormously from place to place and time to time so shop with care if you want some. My ones quickly become a go-to travel buddy whenever I was going anywhere I could listed to music or podcasts. I freakin' love them. PROS: Build quality, sound quality, hard case, comfort and noise reduction are all first rate. Three levels of noise suppression (high/low/none) The interface which lets you know what power they have left when you turn them on is also great. The app is useful and straightforward. They come with a non-proprietary device-to-headphone cable should you want that. CONS: They suffer from quite serious wind noise if you wear them outdoors, but only when the noise suppression is set to High. If your smart phone is in your pocket and you bend over or put your hand in or on your pocket you will lost wireless connection briefly. You can't wear a hat when you're using them.

Purchased at: Noel Leeming

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2019

better than TaoTronic

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Just got back from JB Hifi where I tested noise cancelling feature Bose QC 35 II and Sony wh-1000xm3. Compared them side by side, with no music playing.
What competition people are talking about? Bose is not even close to the almost complete Sony's sound isolation!
I had my $80 Taotronic 022 with me, and Bose was only about 15-20% better in terms of noise blocking....And Sony was like WOW THAT IS INSANE. Almost complete silence.
No competition here, at all.
I went away with Sony (matched price with Addicted to Audio)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Perfect .Noise cancelling head phone.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Very satisfied .
Excellent for all type of music.Phone is clear even in noisy environment.I can highly recommend it to my friends.
Takes away the noise of neighbourhood homerenovations.
It is perfect for travel on buses and airplanes .Bought it with Qantas frequent flyer points.
The protective case is elegant and protects the headphone ,when not in use.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great headphones, still stands strong despite it's age

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Great headphones, rivals the Sony flagship. Noise cancellation is pretty good, sound quality is good.
Features which are better - more playback per short charging time, and ability to connect between multiple devices and another one is the comfort.

Things which I think Sony does better (up for debate) is the noise cancellation and the sound quality.

I've got friends who use both and it's a split between these two. For me, I personally prefer the Sony.

Purchased at: eBay

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Awesome awesome awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Has made travelling in planes a pleasure. Removes that annoying engine noise and are so comfortable to wear over the ears. I procrastinated for so long because of the price of these, but they are worth every cent.
I use these everyday in a loud office for clear phone call and they work fantastically. Would recommend for music, movies and call.

West Perth, Western Australia

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

Took them on a round the world trip, best pre-holiday purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I bought a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 QC35 II just before I went on a 7 month round the world trip.

Before I bought the QC35 II, I spent a couple of hours in two different stores trying on every noise-cancelling model of headphones they had, wearing each pair for about 30 minutes each.
Whilst some other brands had matching noise-cancelling capabilities and some extra features the QC35 II didn't, no other brand even came close to how comfortable the Bose headphones are.
I knew I'd be using the headphones during long travels, so I wanted to buy the pair with the highest level of comfort.

I used the headphones on countless plane, train and bus rides, which some lasted 17 hours. The headphones never, ever got uncomfortable. Even when it is hot and my ears were a little sweaty, the moisture wasn't too uncomfortable because the headphones just sit perfectly on your head and cup around your ears.

From my experience, I highly recommend the QC35 II to anyone who commutes for long periods or is going on a holiday where you will be travelling a lot. They are definitely worth the price.

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Fantastic product, couldn’t get any better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

These are at the higher end of the over ears wireless headphones but well worth the value, they have awesome sound quality as expected, superb noise cancelling function and great wireless connection. Couldn’t improve this product in anyway except maybe a few more colours to choose from would be good.

Purchased at: VideoPro

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

As much as Sony may try, Bose is still the winner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Always adhere to the 3 C's when buying handphones of any type. That's comfort, comfort and comfort. No matter how good the noise cancellation, no matter how good the sound quality, if the headphones aren't comfortable you'll never wear them. Fortunately, Bose offers all three without compromise.

Chances are you'll be also considering the equivalent sony noise cancelling model. Ensure you go into a retail store like JB Hifi and try both on. Sony headphones are very bulky and tight compared to the Bose.

Bose also offers the ability to connect to two devices simultaneously, a feature the sony does not.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Sydney

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Wow wow wow!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

So after going through maybe 3 headphone before these trying to escape spending the money I quickly realised what a waste of time! These headphones do everything I need. I am a frequent traveller and often try to escape from flying because my previous beats didn't work very well. I'm not saying they block everything because lets face it- some people are just louder than the plane! But they do drown out 90 percent of the noise.

Great Wireless Headphones, EXCEPT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

This headset is very comfortable and sound quality is great. Bluetooth connectivity is easy to establish and seamless. The only exception is the purported charged battery life of 20 hrs. Battery life is more like 13 - 15 hrs. If this anomaly doesn't bother you it is still worth the purchase price.

Sydney, NSW

• 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

This unit is quite a nice improvement on earlier versions. I have owned Bose AC3, QC15 and others and so far this is the pick of the bunch. Works really well with Bluetooth and I cannot notice any deterioration on sound quality. So far so good and it has been a very good travel companion. :)

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Excellent Wireless headphone, but the Mic quality should be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

Pretty satisfied, it's great with the bluetooth connection seamlessly connecting to devices. Sound is ok. My only regret is that it does not have a better quality microphone for calls. I'd expect a headset with such a price tag to have a great microphone, at least better than a $100 Jabra Evolve headset but that is not the case.

Purchased at: eBay

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Most Excellent of Headsets

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

The Bose QuietComfort 35 II (QC35 II) are quite simply, the best headset I've ever used.
The price is a little on the upside for my regular comfort zone, but I decided to splurge. I'm so glad I did.
The noise cancelling element is excellent. I'm a primary school teacher who likes to work in the classroom when given release. My students, undergoing lessons with other teachers, are usually engaged and noisy when they get excited about what they are learning. So, the QC35 II headset comes in very handy during these times.
They marry up to any bluetooth device quickly and their range is surprisingly good. I've used them in my apartment and have been able to keep a clear signal from one end to the other, through walls and closed doors.
Comfort is no problem as you can barely sense that the headset is there. This is one of the key contributors to my recommendation of this headset. Previously, headphones and headsets have been an issue for me. Earbuds hurt after a while and some headsets feel like a clamp resting on my cranium. Not the QC35 II. They are really comfortable.
The sound quality is awesome. I was expecting a little more bass, but the sound is flat and reflects whatever your EQ is set to. If you want more bass or treble, you need to make the adjustments in your preferred device yourself.
I totally recommend the QC35 II headset.
A worthy investment.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

One of my Favourite Things

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

My QC35 Headphones rank amongst the top products I've ever bought in my life. I've had these for 2 years and they are still going great.
Great sound quality as always with Bose, which is enhanced by the noise cancelling.
Brilliant noise cancelling for flying (I always pity the passengers who don't have them). The combination of noise-cancelling, cable-free, great sound quality and over-ear comfort mean I can put them on a low volume and wear them all day when I'm working. The ability to change the noise cancelling level is a recently added bonus.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Can't live without them

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2018

Very satisfies with my Bose Quiet Comfort QC35. They are comfy, light weight and I predominantly use them for connecting to my iPhoneX and taking phone calls. Crystal clear and super handy. My only negative is that the black case broke a few days after purchase. Faulty zip but still functional

Best headset out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

Bought this one on Amazon (AU) for a great price of circa $320 AUD. Everything is as marketed and I would argue that it is the best on the market.
Colour and shape could be better because it's competitors tend to look more modern. Everything else is great though. Perfect!

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Bose QC35 II > Sony MDR-1000X

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Coming from a set of Sony MDR-1000X's which headband cracked after two years of use, the Bose's are so much more comfortable. Ears don't overheat as quickly & earcups don't clamp down as hard, they feel a lot lighter too. Can't fault the Bose's apart from the fact they don't include a power adapter or airline adapter.

Purchased at: Addicted to Audio

Perth

• 3 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Amazing sound and noise cancelling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Bought these at the airport before jumping on a plane. Was like stuff those qantas headphones just did a previous flight while sitting next to the wing all I could hear was the engine couldn’t even hear the movie.

Tried these out was like, these are mad! Couldn’t hear nothing at all but the movie. Amazing sound better than my dr Dre’s.

Put it this way, can’t have the noise cancelling on in normal use as the ringing in my ears from playing in those metals bands is enough to drive you bonkers. Give me that background noise back.

You can’t be disappointed until you check your bank balance. !!

Hobart

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Great for flights.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I will never go on a flight without my Bose Quiet Comfort headphones ever again! Great sound quality, that doesn't get effected when you are listening via Bluetooth either. Great battery life - they got me through 36 hours of flying without a single charge (using the cable not Bluetooth).

1 of 8 pages