Filter By:

Call centre run around

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

I recently tried to cancel my policy as I just did not feel it was good value for money. On calling the 1800 number to cancel my policy I was told by the lady I was speaking to that she was unable to cancel my policy and I would be put through to the 'cancellation department'- surprise surprise, after over 10 minutes on hold I was told no one was available, and someone would call me back within the next 2 business day. Call back never happened, so I rang again- same silly run around with the - " I can not cancel this claim, need to transfer you- no one available etc" More time on hold. Then I was asked if I wanted to lower my insurance instead of cancel. When I said no I want to cancel, I got the same- deal back onto hold, no- one available. In the end when I told the operator that I wanted the policy cancelled today, and if he could not help me I wanted to be transferred immediately to someone who could or my next phone call would be to consumer affairs. Amazingly suddenly that very same operator was able to cancel my policy on the spot.
Poor customer service Bow Wow Meow and very poor business management.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi AliS, I am sorry to hear this. It is disappointing. For the purposes of training and service improvement, please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can inves... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

We haven’t had anyone contact us or give as a result about our claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

We are unsure on what is going on. We sent everything though. Was emailed saying they are looking at it and...nothing. Haven’t heard a thing and it’s been weeks. Starting to think it’s not worth it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Bec, this is disappointing. My sincere apologies. Please e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number so that I can investigate and get back to you ASAP. Thanks

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Unhappy with service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

Every time we make a claim the old 'haven't reached excess' is used. You need to be on the ball keeping all documentation because I have been able to prove excess has been reached after initially being denied.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Kazza, our policies give you the option to elect your level of excess. If you choose to have a $0 excess, then we will pay out 80% for all eligible conditions from the start. If you elect to hav... read more »

Insurance claim made

Was happy until my last claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

Prior to my last claim I had never had any problems. The last claim took 2 months to process. I kept getting letters requesting information I had already provided (and received an email to say it had been received!). They asked for vet history which I provided, then got 4 separate letters asking for the same thing! I rang multiple times and every time I had to explain what had gone wrong. Then I was told "We need to do a check of all other local vets to see if your dog has been to see them". I didn't understand why that was necessary but said ok. I also asked them to phone or email me (provided my email and phone number while on the phone to the call centre multiple times) as the letters were taking over 2 weeks to get to me if something else was required. This did not happen. In the end I had to put a bad review on Facebook, and then FINALLY something was done. I shouldn't have to do that to get some service. It was a legitimate claim, I had provided all of the information, I don't understand why it took so long. It was finally paid out after all of this.
Now my dog has another claim coming since he hurt his paw pad and I am hoping I don't get the run around this time.
Very disappointing.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Sally, I apologise for the delay. This is definitely not the service we aim for. I am not sure what occurred with your claim as we normally pay eligible claims within 5 - 10 days of receiving al... read more »

Insurance claim made

Good policy, far too hard to claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Policy is good value.
Policy was easy to set up although it was set up many years ago.
Customer support was disappointing until finally getting in Contact with [name removed], who helped me. The claim process was far too hard and took a month.. this was my second claim. The first claim was brilliant but when we put the second claim in 3 weeks later, it was a nightmare. All of a sudden requiring documents that never existed..

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Sue, I am sorry to hear that customer support was disappointing Sue. This is not what we strive for. I am also not sure why your claim took this long but I would like to investigate. If OK, plea... read more »

Takes ages to claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

Took me more than a month to claim.
Takes ages for the email reply until calling them.
I was'nt even informed if the claim was received or not, until calling the support.
Bad experience for me.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Mands, this is very disappointing to hear. My apologies. I would like to investigate what occurred. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au. Many thanks

Difficulty with first claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I put in a claim and got a letter saying to was missing some paperwork. No problem, I let my vet know and they sent it through. I rang bow wow meow back and they said they didn't have it. So. I got the vet to resend. Again when I rang back they said they didn't get it. We checked the email and other details, all correct. I had to send and resend and call to confirm they got the paperwork 4 times before they got it. I looked online and other people seem to have similar problems with "missing pperwork" but it looks like it's only for the first claim only. For now I'm sticking with them in the hope it's a smooth process from here on in. But any more problems like the issue above and i will be cancelling my insurance very quickly.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Chris, thank you for your feedback. This is obviously concerning for us and I apologise. We are currently in the process of upgrading our systems so that this process will be streamlined and "wa... read more »

Lacking contact when required

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

My policy is great value and easy to set up. I have not been pleased with the claim process. When there was an issue with my paperwork I was not contacted for over 10 business days and followed up with the claim myself. I sent in further documentation as requested and received an email to confirm. After a further 10 business days after this I followed up by calling and my paper work had not even been processed. I was pleased the claim was approved and deposited in a speedy fashion. If this was not the case I would seek another insurance provider. Please call customers instead of waiting 10 business days before making contact via post. Thank you

Insurance claim made

Poor communication and no compassion

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

My dog went in for surgery for breathing issues and a problem for urinary tract infections. Going under once for both issues. Bow wow decided that they were classified as all separate operations even though she only went under once but charged for three operations therefore making it $500 excess for each. So charged $1500 excess! What a joke! would never recommend. I tried to contact them about it several times however I was handballed to numerous people who couldn't explain why. Didn't reimburse or care. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi julesc73, it sounded like there were 3 different conditions? The excess is a per condition excess and it looks like you have the highest allowable excess our policies offer. If you would like fu... read more »

Pet insurance feed back

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Im still not in the position of commenting on your insurance completely yet as I know that my recent claims for my pets surgery has not been competed.
As far as the claims I have lodged so far are really not satisfactory and I certainly at this stage would NOT recommend your company.
Hopefully my claims will be completed soon as I have paid my insurance on time over the last sixteen months.
I'm not going to go to a public press forum but I do believe that the insurance ombudsman will be hearing from me soon if my claim isn't financially to my satisfaction.
The process I have so far gone through hasn't been straight forward nor have my questions been answered.
I have done everything both financially and verbally but your company hasn't reciprocated.
I had expectations of my insurance being finalised soon as the surgery was performed on my dog at the end of March and it is now mid May.
This isn't good enough!
S I Millhouse

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi S I Millhouse, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry this has taken so long. It is not the service we strive for. Please can you e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and I... read more »

I am , as requested sending my policy number for my dog's insurance policy for the at least tenth time. It is Policy Number BW 04138355. Hopefully this very expensive claim which as a pensioner I ... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks S I Millhouse - our team will be in touch shortly.

Insurance claim made

Fairly good but issues with excess being taken out on every invoice

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Excess being taken out on every invoice even though it is continued treatment e.g. Sandy's foot infection has returned now three times and we paid $100 excess right at the beginning. Hard work to get resolved. Having to call and get someone to look into the matter.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Sandy, thanks for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you had issues with the excess but glad it was eventually resolved. Please let me know if it we can assist if there is anything else outstanding (you can e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au).

Always such hard work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

Every claim we have made we have had a problem. There is always some loophole. I am sorry I went with this company, very expensive and very difficult to get anything back.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Racherog, I am sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience. If there are any outstanding issues, please email insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will ensure that we look at this ASAP. Many thanks

Verified Customer

Technicality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

Same as Frank, cruciate ligament form not submitted in time so was rejected and told had to get it again at own cost. That feels pretty awful to be honest, the report was valid, no claim for cruciate ligament was made in that time (or after) so it is a case of we can wriggle out of this so we will. Sigh.
(other claims I have made have been dealt with ok but this just felt vexatious and doesn't inspire confidence).

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Matt, I understand that this is not the outcome you would expect. I am happy to investigate this for you. All I need is your policy number which can be e-mailed to insurance@bowwow.com.au. Many thanks

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Disappointing - just a typical insurance company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

I've had two claims knocked back by Bow Wow which is disappointing. The term 'pre-existing' seems to be anything at all that your pet may have EVER had will then be deemed related to the current thing, e.g. my puppy had an ear infection from the beach a year ago, then he went to the vet a year later for an unrelated issue and I purchased ear drops to help keep his ears clean, a preventative measure. They didn't cover that. I just had my pup at the vet for a cold and they won't pay that, saying it's kennel cough, even though my vet said it's not and my dog is fully vaccinated for C5. I don't see the point of having insurance if no matter what you go for, they will find it is related to something else. Time to say good bye to Bow Wow Meow I think.

Insurance claim made

Impossible to make a claim

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

I currently placed my first claim a month ago. I have had no one contact me in regards to why my claim has no status on it. I have had to contact the company to only be told I need all of this irrelevant documentation to process my claim. I sent through the documentation asked and still no bloody response to my claim.

What is the point in insuring your animals if companies are going to make it near impossible to make a claim.

It's bloody ridiculous and if it isnt resolved by the end of the week I will be canelling the "service" this company "provides".

Not happy at all!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Emma, I am sincerely sorry to hear that this has not gone smoothly for you; the first claim is generally the hardest as we require the full vet history. Having said this, this certainly is not t... read more »

Communication Poor

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2016

First claim took about 3 months to process very poor communication considering they have my contact details ????.They never emailed or phoned i had to chase up the payment several times

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Beware

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2015

Bow wow won't cover for parvo virus (and many other ailment like kennel cough) regardless of immunisation status. As we unfortunately discovered. So even though our dog had all the recommended vaccinations, we couldn't claim the thousands of dollars it cost us to treat our precious pet. I'm going to swap to Pet Plan which does cover it.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Daisy, I am really sorry to hear this. The likelihood of this happening is very small which is why we do not cover ailments that can be vaccinated against. It is very unfortunate that this has o... read more »

Here's an update following Bow Wow's vow to assist. It was a complete waste of time and energy. After asking for all of our dog's vet history and vaccination records...The company ended up stating ... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Daisy, as per our PDS, we do not cover this (which is standard with almost all the insurance companies out there). However, when we get requests, we need to assess everything on a case by case ... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Neutral.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

Would not claim on anything I enquired about so I did not see the point of having my insurance with this company. Noticed there's an additional charge if you pay monthly, but not if you pay yearly. If I could afford yearly cover I would not need to be insured. It says to put it in writing if you wish to cancel, so I sent them a letter explaining why. Then i had to speak to someone on the phone who wanted me to explain it all over again, when it is in writing. if something happens to my pet I will be quite happy to get a loan instead of paying increasing monthly premiums that don't cover what I need. Glad to see other happy customers although that is not my experience.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Terrible customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2015

I have now figured out online claims, why, I requested claim forms 3 times over many many weeks. It took more than 6 weeks for a claim form to arrive, yep, I only got one, even though in all the times we talked it was understood I needed a minimum of 10... So not hard, so why was it so hard?

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan, this should not be hard at all. So sorry that it has been. Please let me know your policy number or e-mail through your address to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I would be happy to post some out to you today. Kind regards Greg

Hey Greg, Thanks, but as I stated I have now figured out online claims.

Insurance claim made

Can live without the repeat request hassles

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2015

I have sent information in via email, fax and spoken on the phone and so has my daughter in law who has authority to act on my behalf and I keep getting requests for more information, information that I know has been sent to claims more than once.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Margaret, I am sorry your experience has not been what we would want it to be. I am happy to investigate? If there are still claims outstanding, please let me know? You can e-mail me on insurance@bowwow.com.au and attention it to Greg. Thanks

1 of 2 pages