Filter By:

Bundy cat

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

This time was better than a previous claim. I would like to be able to claim for his annual injections and routine check each year. I am happy to know that he is insured as then he can have the best of care

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Bundy. We are happy this went better than your last claim.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Disappointed with staff not listening to the issue, but a successful claim in the end.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

After submitting a claim for my dog, who was hit by a car, I was told this was a "pre-existing condition" and not eligible for a claim. When I called to query why the claim was rejected, the person assisting couldn't understand that being hit bit a car couldn't possibly be a pre-existing condition. It became apparent that part of the vet history had not come through. Once this was sent by the vet, the claim did go through. Disappointing that the person in the call centre couldn't understand the issue.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi N Williams, this is disappointing.... Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that this can be investigated. We are committed to training all staff and it looks like we fell short in this example. My apologies.

Perth, WA

• 2 helpful votes

Undecided

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Feel the policy is OK value but I don't rave about it.
Was easy to set up.
Think PDS is deliberately unclear. For example it is not instantly clear if your dog is covered for snake bite even if you have emergency cover. The claims process (calculations) is not clearly spelt out and could be easily displayed on the website for each policy type. Have made three claims in two years. Quickly processed but one was processed wrong (in favour of Bow wow) and it took quite some time for the person at Bow Wow to recognize the error and then they blamed the policy holder when it was their calculation error.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Beazley77, thanks for the feedback. I am sorry you had a claim that was processed incorrectly. Glad it was corrected though. Regarding snake bites; This is definitely covered in our policies (A... read more »

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

Okay but could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

The claims process and handling with BWM is very good - I was responded to quickly. The issue I have applies to BWM and most pet insurers who treat physiotherapy as 'alternative therapy' and don't cover it. This is ridiculous in 2017 when physio is used to treat all manner of ailments, including post operative recovery. Get with the program! There is nothing 'alternative' about physiotherapy.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Sue. I will send this through to management level.

I think people would be prepared to pay a little more to have this included. I appreciate you following up.

Not so happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Having made the second claim in the year for vaccinations etc, I am finding it very frustrating that they do not email or send letters directly to you if there are any issues.
I called them to find out what is happening with the claim only to be told that they are not processing the claim until I provide additional information, this would have been easily resolved if I had been contact directly.
Not sure if this is the practice of most pet insurance companies, but will be taking our insurance elsewhere when our renewal is due next week.
Far easier claim for humans...

Insurance claim made

Great process claim time, but only if you use the online portal system.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Policy price is competitive and easy to setup multiple initial claims were submitted but not actioned despite numerous calls. Staff were however very helpful but initial claims were heavily delayed due to poor communication. I have since used the online portal which is far more efficient and processing time for claims is as stated. I had no other issues. Do not use the fax or email option.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Matty. I am glad the online claims worked well. Apologies for previous delays,

Have nothing to compare it to!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

I was happy with the policy when it was set up 4 years ago, but not happy with the yearly increases - premiums have almost doubled in the 4 years.
I have 2 dogs, one is never sick, the other seems to always have something wrong. The claims are processed quickly, and the amounts can be quite large. One operation this year being about $5000 of which we received our 80% rebate. There were ongoing expenses after the operation and these were paid promptly.

Ashburton, Victoria

Verified Customer

Website forms are awkward and buggy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

After reading widespread positive reviews, I signed up and am already disappointed with the functionality of their website. Attempting to register for the online portal returns errors, and wipes all the details I typed in! Called for support and was transferred to another area, call cut off, now their call centre is closed...
Please fix the entry of dates on your application forms which is unnecessarily difficult.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi formidable_humanoid's, I am sorry to hear this. We are currently in the process of making the portal more user friendly. Please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will ge... read more »

Insurance claim made

Extremely slow to pay claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Despite a pre-authorisation agreement well prior to my dog's orthopaedic surgery (total hip replacement) on 5 May 2017, the payment of the claim which was lodged immediately after the surgery date took three and a half weeks to come through on 29 May 2017. Why such a delay?! No explanation given.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Juanita, this is disappointing. Claims are normally paid with 5-10 days of receipt of all requested documentation. I would be happy to look into this for you (please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwwow.com.au).

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

I feel it is too expensive, but all insurance is too pricey considering the possible number of people that actually claim. I was unhappy that my premium went up quite substantially after i made a claim. The customer support was OK, after I, and the vets, had to provide the same information 4 times before the claim was processed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Customer service is poor

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

I have been a customer with Bow Wow for about 18 months and had not claimed. My cat got FLUTD and was admitted to the vet twice. The first incident occurred close to Easter and therefore I did not receive a letter of request form the company for about 15 days. The letter was requesting all vet records which is standard however my cat was adopted and then subsequently broke his leg so I had a few vets to approach and records to obtain and it took about 5 . I sent through the records and then contacted about a week later to find out that my email had not been attached to the claim. The person on the phone managed to do this however I then called approximately 5 days later to make sure the claim was progressing only to find out they could not open the files - at this stage I had no phone contact or contact via email (baring in mind I had submitted all correspondence electronically) to rectify this issue .If I had not called I am not really sure what would have happened. I then resent the files using a different format and called to ensure that the email was attached to my claims. I was then told that the timing would essentially be reset so that the claim would not be processed for a further 10 days - I was at 30 odd days at this point. I understand the need for records but the lack of follow up I found very poor customer service, the phone staff also seemed incredibly unsure and in the end it took over 30 days for me to get any money back. As a person who works in a regulatory space in customer service I just don't think this is good enough.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Rebecca, thank you for this feedback. This is definitely not good enough and not the service we strive for. My apologies for all these delays. We are working on an improved claim portal where no... read more »

Its slow but ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Claims are very slow hoping its not this slow when i put in a claim aproval to get my dogs tumor lump removed and hoping it can be paid for the day she has her op as i just cant afford 550 up front

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Vanessa, I am sorry this has been slow. The fastest way to submit a claim is through our member portal (top right hand side of the bowwowinsurance.com.au home page). 95% of claims are paid withi... read more »

Relief is an understatement

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Yes & yes, after my Italian Greyhound had an accident I did not have to worry as the claims where a smooth process & there was no stress the return happened very quickly and I was very impressed.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Ellen, glad it was a smooth process and the claim went through quickly. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

Always issues with making claims

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Introducing online claims has been a definite improvement. We did have a slight problem with one of my claims however this was rectified quickly and I also received a follow-up phone call to see if there was anything else they could do to ensure we were happy. Good customer service was ultimately provided and we are extremely glad we have the insurance as we have used it several times.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Tammy, It is unfortunate that a couple of times you have had some hiccups. However, I am glad that the online claims system is going more smoothly and things have been rectified quickly.

Review

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Claims process was very slow, I had to follow up and get ptrogress updates regularly.
A number of things were not covered in my claim, so basically I only got back about half of my total bill. I not sure that the insurance is good value for money, however my dog is now 10 so I am reluctant to change it or cancel it as she is nearing the end of her life and I may use in the future, but currently I've paid out a lot of money and only ever made 2 claims.

Insurance claim made

Repetitive and fairly slow.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2016

I put in a claim with all vet history, waited for quite some time only to be told more information was needed. I had to call to clarify what information and then quickly sent if off. Then had to wait and wait for a response. I called to check on it several times and was asked the same questions, being told the second time I was asked my claim hadn't moved further because they needed to know the answers (which I'd already given).

I also clarified with regards to the maximum benefit and excess, explicitly asking if the maximum allowance is what I could get back and being told yes, only to have my excess deducted from that maximum value.

Also, the online application does not allow for the fact that my vet doesn't release documents to me and had to send them straight to the insurer. I had to put multiples of th same document just to put the claim in.

It would be helpful to be told adoption papers are necessary from the get go so people don't have to wait and call to find out. It would be helpful for staff to note the excess is deducted from maximum benefit values and if there was a feature to tick that said vet will supply some documentation.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jess Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the wait times and the poor service you received. Jess, we would like to investigate what occurred. Please can you e-mail insurance@bowwow.com... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Insurance claim made

A bit confusing....not what I thought

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

Unfortunately I've had a couple of trips to the vets within quite a short space of time and quite soon after getting my policy. I have the top level insurance and thought I was covered for each vet visit - less $100 excess per visit. But I found I got zero back for the last couple of vet trips as apparently, as I've now found out, you can only claim $300 per year for consults. My confusion is.... aren't all vet visits consults? So, other than say a surgery, all my visits for the rest of the year will be non claimable? EG: If my dog has injured its leg and needs a couple of visits (which usually consist of some medications, etc), these are deemed "consults" so I get zero. So I think a policy that allows more for "regular" vet visits would be better.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Tails, consultation fees have a sub limit of $300 for the year, however, any fees relating to accident and illness conditions (excluding consult fees) will be covered as per the PDS. Please e-ma... read more »

Thanks... my dog had an "accident" when he to injured playing with another dog and cut his foot. It meant two visits to the vet, $130 and $160 (ish) but I got nothing back as apparently they were ... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks Tails. If need be; please private message me your contact details to insurance@bowwow.com.au along with a policy number and our resolutions teams will be happy to look into your claims query... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Must have insurance but claim process needs a tweak

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2016

Insurance policy is a must have but the only claim system needs work. The way the claim was lodged it didn't appear that there was a valuable tracking process or post submission review. Also when asked for more information I was repeatedly asked for vet history but what was required was additional invoice information.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Patrick, thank you for the review. We do advise the correct areas regarding feedback like this.

Need more information

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2016

Need more information regarding how the claim is proceeding or why a claim has been rejected. Would prefer updates by email or sms.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback C O. We will take this on-board...

You Just Have To Have It

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2015

Reasonably prompt settlement, however dividing through claim into two chunks and it appears, randomly attributing the excess has caused confusion. I still have not had time to do the sums to validate what I received.

I would like to see the relationship with the "hospitals" be developed similar to that of "human" health.

1 of 3 pages