Filter By:

Best investment ever,

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

So far the policy is good value. Depending on the price increase we might have to change, the policy was really interesting at the start but is getting a bit pricy.
Easy to set up appart for the online claim which took almost a year to work
Good customer support

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great for Frenchies

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Yes it was ok but the real value lies in the claims. The initial communication when I queried clarity in what is/what isn’t covered, was a little officious (ie read the PDS), when all I wanted was a simple Yes or No. But once we were over that hurdle, the claiming process is easy and simple. Would be nice to have a history of Claims on the site rather than a paper remittance though. Thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Vera. Our new claim portal soon to be launched will do a better job of breaking down the claim history. We are hoping this will be up and running by September.

Fremantle

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Very good insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Pet insurance is a must, you may not think that when they are young, but as they get older it becomes more and more evident. Our little pouch recently had cruciate ligament surgery and Bow Wow paid to the limit that was stipulated in the contract. In hindsight it would be nice to know how much that procedure costs, as this limit doesn't quite cover it. A little annoyed to be asked for the vet history for a particular period for the third time, but once that was resolved, payment was prompt.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Michael, thank you for the review. I am not sure why you were asked for the vet history again - my apologies, that should not have happened. Glad we were able to assist with the cruciate ligamen... read more »

A Claim I Never Wanted to Make

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

All of the above were fine, making the claim is probably as simple as it can be. Claim was settled quickly however there were two vet practices involved and in the first instance only one was paid, I decided to query as it wasn't as much as we hoped, customer service was great sorted out the problem efficiently and the rest of money in the account the next day, it would have been five stars but I would still recommend but I really hope I don't have to make a claim again!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Stefan, thanks for the review. Glad it was settled quickly.

Insurance claim made

great customer service but bad at losing paperwork

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

In general the company is great but my last claim was for me big and i used bill money to pay vet bills. The paperwork from vet had to be sent 4 times from vet then once by me to a particular lady before the claim went thru. 2 weeks it took any me fielding overdue bills. So you need to sort that out. Otherwise your people are lovely any payment amounts are great. Thanks

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback and review Anne. Yes, we are definitely aware of some cracks in the system. Occasionally this does occur and we apologise. We are launching our new claim portal in September... read more »

Insurance claim made

One of the better pet insurances.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

One of the fairest polices for pet insurance and I do feel good value for money. Easy to arrange friendly & helpful staff. Easy to access help online or by a phone call. I would not be without pet insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

So glad we were able to assist Jacquie. Thanks for sharing.

not a bad company!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Policy expense seems to be in line with other insurance companies if not slightly cheaper. It was easy to set up and overall my claims have been handled well in the last few years. My only suggestion would be to use email rather than sending all correspondence in the post. This would speed up the claims process as we all know how slow Australia post is these days! Also when requesting further documents an explanation as to why they are required would be best.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Netty, thank you for the review and constructive feedback. I do agree with all your points. We are in the process of updating our claims portal and this should take care of the points as suggested by you.

Happy overall

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2018

I used to be with another insurer who took months and months and months of me badgering them before they would pay a claim.
Whilst there have been occasions with Bow Wow Meow where I thought I would get a bigger refund than I did or did not realise that a particular treatment was capped or not eligible (did not read the fine print!) they have always processed my claims and deposited money in to my account within days. I have a dog with multiple health issues and having this insurance has made it much easier to give him the treatments he needs.
Great customer support.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi L. Arnold, glad you are happy with the service provided.Thanks for the review.

Very glad i took it out

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

first claim which i'm told takes a little longer to get everything on the system. but friendly staff and got on with claim in time frame. That's all i want to say even if its less than thirty words

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Appreciate the review Sofie. Thanks for sharing.

Insurance claim made

A reassessment following a review of my policy.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Policy was easy to setup.
The policy has been invaluable in the past 18 mths as my dog Monti has had a number of medical issues, most of which involved attacks by other dogs which resulted in some serious injuries to my dog.
Customer service has been very good. I have always received messages to let me know that you have received my claim and an approximate processing time.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Marion. Glad we could assist and we hope your dog is OK now.

Pet health insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Yes my policy is ok just last time my claim took 3 weeks to complete should be 5 days other wise very happy when you have to sick dogs thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Kazza. It is disappointing that it took so long. This normally happens if there is missing information for whatever reason. My apologies. I would suggest using the portal as... read more »

Stress free vet treatment

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

My policy was very easy to set up as the customer service is very good and informative. Claims are settled very quickly with no hassle and you are informed with its processing, my claim and refund was done in a few days, it certainly takes the worry out of any vet bills-

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Shez, good to hear we have been able to assist you. Thanks for the review.

Insurance claim made

Excellent, very quick payment!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Always a very quick turn around and payment deposited into my bank account. It’s a nice relief to know I can provide the best care for my dogs and not have to worry about money

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Disappointing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

I didn’t appreciate receiving a letter saying that if I didn’t submit certain documents in 2 weeks my claim would be suspended. When I rang bow wow they said that would never happen so therefore don’t put it in the letter!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Pauline, that is disappointing. Please can you e-mail your policy number or claim number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so I can investigate. Thanks

Easy claim process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Recent claim for eye surgery was easy to submit online and was processed efficiently. No complaints at all. I called at one stage for clarification and had no significant wait times. Positive experience.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Bclc

Good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Yes,excellent value. Our dog is family and you don’t hesitate when it comes to family health cover. After a few initial hiccups all went smoothly.Can’t speak highly enough of support personnel.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Wen.s

Great online claim system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

It is so much easier now that my vet can submit the claim directly on my behalf! Previously it took longer and often was delayed by the insurer requiring more detailed clinical notes.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Carol for the review, it is working well.

Very happy with this insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Yes, very happy with the value, found it very easy to set up online. Only reason I gave 4 not 5 stars was because there is a limit on the cruciate injury, I understand why as it’s such a common issue but would be good if there wasn’t a limit as from now on I’m it of pocket which sucks when I pay for insurance. But the claim for the cruciate was very easy to process, although the limit is “$2800” And all up so far it’s costed about $5000, I was repaid just over $2000 but have been told I’ve hit the annual cruciate limit :(

Not too bad.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Policy is great value for money.
Policy was easy to set up.
Claiming wasn’t to bad however I had to send through some extra forms which I rang up about and was told to email them through which I did. I rang up about two weeks later to see how it was going and they said they were just waiting for the rest of the paper work. I told them I sent it though and they where able to find it.
Customer service was great just disappointed I had to ring up again to find out what was happening. They also said that they sent me a message that they were waiting on paper work which I Never received via sms or email.
All in all I’m very happy with you guys. Just thought I would let you know my small issue.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and feedback Jordan. Apologies for the delay in some of the communication. This really shouldn't happen. We are definitely aware of some of the system issues and we are curren... read more »

Policies getting too expensive

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Policy is getting to expensive 20% increase in one year. From start of using bow wow meow in 2010 there has been about a 70% increase and it is getting possibly to expensive to have insurance which is disappointing. ,Policy easy to set up and rebates easy to claim. Customer support is good, slight language barrier a few times on phone calls.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Danielle, thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, pet insurance policies, like health insurance policies, increase every yr as we or the pet age (the older the pet, the greater the risk of i... read more »

1 of 13 pages

Hello. Why are excesses payable every year after renewal of a policy? Once paid they should at leat last 12 months as long as the policy is renewed annually. Case in point! Dog diagnosed 2 x lifelong ilnesses requiring lifelong medication and testing in February. Insurance renewed in June. $1000 excess payable before claiming in Feb. Then $1000 payable again in June on top of the premium. Is that fair?? Thanks

Shane asked on Aug 17, 2018

Do you cover hip dysplacia if my dog is insured from 8 weeks?

rita l asked on Jul 31, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rita, hip dysplasia is covered provided it is not a pre-existing condition and the first clinical signs do not fall within the waiting period.

Hi, my puppy is 1 years old and we are covered under the Accident & Illness policy. We took her to the vet as she was really struggling to breath when we were walking her. The vet told us she has an elongated soft palate which makes it really difficult for her to breath when she exercises. The vet also noticed she was standing funny and checked her back legs and she has luxating patellas in both her back legs requiring surgery. Will we be covered for surgery on her soft palate and will she be covered for surgery on both her back legs?

Nicole asked on Jun 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Nicole, I am sorry to hear that. These do fall under the policy cover. However, each claim is assessed on a case by case basis as the Underwriter needs to look at vet history, pre-existing conditions etc. I recommend calling 1800 668 502 to get more clarity. There is also an option to ask for pre-approval - I suggest asking about that too. Wishing your pup a speedy recovery.

See all 131 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance