Filter By:

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

No problem when making claims, recommended !

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Easy to deal with, paid claims reasonably quick Would have given 5 stars but was given incorrect information by a person over the phone. This was corrected when dealing with another person at the insurer via email. Overall would recommend this insurer.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Personal Profile lacks claim information

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

My claims were processed within a reasonable time period. Although I'm able to view the process status of my claims, I am unable to view the vet documents that I submitted. Making it hard to track what I have, and haven't claimed hard.
Still a great insurance company, and I recommended it to friends.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Shilo. Good feedback regarding the portal. We are currently working on upgrading this. We wanted to launch this 1st Q 2018. However, it has been delayed for the 2nd half of 2018.

Insurance claim made

Slow with claims but you get there in the end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I am dissatisfied with the communication process for claims.
Steps I have encountered...
Surgery on my dog
Claim sent in by vet to Bow Wow
A letter posted to myself saying you are unable to process the claim
I call the vet to ask them to send more info
I call Bow Wow who tells me they need more information
I call the vet again
I am still waiting for my 2nd claim to be processed

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Annie, this is disappointing. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and expedite the claim. Many thanks

Amazing Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Amazing service, policy was easy to set up and was always replied to within a timely manner when required. We are very satisfied with Bowwow so far and hope to continue receiving great service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Vic L, thank you for sharing. Glad you are satisfied with our service and the ease of set up.

Sunshine Coast

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Great insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Bow Wow is a great policy - it was easy to set up and they have always responded to any questions promptly and payment of all invoices have been attended to and paid in a timely manner.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing HCV.

Excellent Processing Times

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Quick processing times, I just wish that the wording from claim to claim didn't have to be exactly as previous claim as we keep paying excesses for the same condition.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Narelle. You should only pay one excess in a policy period for the same condition. Please e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number if you would like this to be investigated.

Insurance claim made

Process was quick and system easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Our puppy had an overnight stay in the emergency hospital due to a case of gastro. The hospital sent the records to Bow Wow and we received a response in a few days. I did not realise Bow Wow had requested more material until I checked the system a week later so perhaps a text message or email advising there was a response could be implemented. This was my first claim though so was unaware of the procedures, but overall the system was easy to use and the money was deposited into my account fairly quick.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Glad the claim went relatively quickly Toni. We are aware of some communication gaps, as you have mentioned, so we are currently working on upgrading certain systems and processes to improve this. Thanks for the feedback.

Insurance claim made

Reasonably priced, quick to pay out.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

After doing some price comparisons we chose Bow Wow Meow as it was on the cheaper side, and the cover is pretty much all the same for every company. From memory it was easy to set up.
Customer support wasn't particularly impressive on the phone, but the website was very easy to use, as was the online claims. They paid out a significant amount recently for our pets emergency spinal surgery, in a very short time frame (within a week and a half).

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Zoes, I hope the surgery went well and thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

In the end - worth the premiums

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Overall I'm happy we got insurance for our pet. The staff on the phone could be a bit more educated in regards to conditions- I called wanting to know id my dogs knee procedure was covered and was told how to claim although was not told on the sub limit involved- The Medical terms used in the policy's makes it hard to know what has limits- seems the staff feel the same from my experience.
Still happy in the end i was able to claim half of my dogs operation- Claim was processed fast and straight into my bank account.
Happy that the staff on nearly every call ask how my pet is going.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback S R, your point is taken. Glad you were able to claim the full sub-limit.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Good Customer Support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

Offers excellent value for money. Only exception being the $300 cap on consultation fees - but when compared to the higher premium fees of other providers, probably a trade-off. Claim process is straightforward and the website easy to navigate. Customer support is excellent - particularly when there is a query or question. Claim processing is pretty quick - as long as your documentation is in order. I would - and have - recommended this Insurance Provider to other pet owners

Insurance claim made

Happy with service received all feedback forms before refund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Very easy to set up and very easy to see what cover I was going to receive. Only down side was I got all the feedback forms
Surveys before receiving my refund.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Kathy, apologies for that. I am not sure how that occurred. Thanks for the feedback.

Handy when you need it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Probably a bit more expensive than some other providers but any claims I have had have just gone through so I would rather stick with this provider as the service has always been good

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Ellen. Glad it has been good.

Happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

After, a few initial issues with duplicated requests for information, the customer service team at Bow Wow Wow ensured my claim was settled promptly. This was very much appreciated and we are satisfied we have the right insurance for our pet.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Karen. Happy you hear that your claim was settled quickly (following the duplicate requests....my apologies for this).

Insurance claim made

Comforting to know my dog gets good pet insurance cover.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Compared to other pet Insurance I have found Bow Wow to be reasonably good value. It was very easy to set up from the get go and I have found customer support to be of high standard. Anytime I needed to get in contact any issues were resolved promptly.

Very easy to deal with

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

It's really easy to lodge the claims and I found the response was really quick. Good customer support too. However premiums are a bit high and I am not sure at the end of it is really convenient to have a policy (by the time we pay premiums we probably just break even...)

Bowwow review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Good value, very fast response. Although would prefer some kind of notification on if the claim was accepted or not. A text to say you’ve received the claim ia good. But just depositing money into the account without any notification- an email/text to say claim has been successful wouldve been nice!

Insurance claim made

very prompt doing the claims

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

Yes considering how much vet bills are these days I think it's good value for money.
The policy was very easy to set up.
I have found customer support to be good

Insurance claim made

Very prompt service and good coverage. My only complaint is Bow Wow Meow do not cover dental. I have

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Awesome with a fabulous return on my claims. Good value for money as I have a dog that I have ensured ever since we boughthiat10 weeks of age and heis now 9years old. He has skin allergies and Bow Wow Meow have been so fabulous at refunds. The only health issue that they don’t cover is Dental which is most important.
Highly recommended!

Insurance claim made

Very happy with the policy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Policy has saved us a lot of money without dog.
Very satisfied with the policy, our dog has had some chronic problems which meant vet consultations etc.
A few operations and follow up visits.

Labrador, Gold Coast

good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

we have had the pet insurance for our dog for 3 years and have had a couple of claims, good and easy to use, will certainty recommend to friends and colleague's.

1 of 12 pages

If you pay for a years premium in advance what happens if the dog dies in the mean time how much refund will i get? Teresa Leigh

Teresa asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Teresa, you will receive a refund on the balance. For example, if you are halfway through the policy period, you will receive approximately 50% of the premium back.

Hi! I am looking for insurance for my 1 year old puppy. While I am impressed by the 4 star rating from 1186 reviews, I would like to review your PDS as well. Where can I find it? Lynnette

Lynnette asked on Jan 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Lynette, this can be found on our site. Please go to https://bowwowinsurance.com.au/forms-brochures/ and click on policy booklet.

Hi there, I have a miniature long haired dachshund and was wondering if in the case one day she injures her back badly and needs surgery if it will be covered? Some other insurance companies said they don't cover it as this is more common in dachshunds.

elisem asked on Jan 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi elisem. Yes, provided this is not a pre-existing condition, it would be covered under the Accident & Illness policy (Comprehensive and Major Medical Policies). We do not have breed specific conditions.

See all 123 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance