Filter By:

Extremely Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Policy is excellent value. I have a dog who had his cataracts done (thousands of dollars) but to receive 80% of the bill back was massive. Any claim we have had has been dealt with quickly. Customer Support are very efficient. I highly recommend Bow Wow Meow and say so whenever the subject of pet insurance comes up (sometimes I just bring it up anyway!!)

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Allison, we are really happy to hear that your policy has been such a great help. Thank you for the review and the recommendations. Have a lovely day.

Insurance claim made

Great service, fast refunds, friendly and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I’ve had pet insurance on my 2 dogs (a bullmastiff and a French mastiff) for the last 6 years. I’ve never had to make a substantial claim but my bullmastiff thought it would be a great idea to swallow a bone the size of a clenched human fist. This of course became lodged in his oesophagus and required emergency surgery. The stress about the wellbeing of my puppy was compounded when I was given a quote of the potential cost (which was up to $15000) to retrieve the bone. Fortunately my bill only came to $8500 and bow wow had the money back into my account within the week. They were very friendly, super helpful and overall I had a really positive experience from an insurance company which was quite a surprise. If you are in the marked for pet insurance I strongly urge you to at least have a look at what these guys have to offer. Also, a big shout out to SASH at Gosford, you guys are amazing!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Chris. I am glad we were able to assist and really glad your pup is OK now.

Excellent Pet Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

We have had our dog insured since he was a puppy, and are very happy with Bow Wow Meow. Unfortunately our dog had to have a melanoma removed, and whilst thankfully everything is OK so far, has to have ongoing treatment for life. Claims with Bow Wow are easy, able to be done completely online, and processed/paid quickly.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Erin, thank you for the review. I am glad to hear the operation was successful. It is great to hear that we can assist in helping him get the ongoing treatment he deserves.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

For the cost of a couple of bottles of non premium wine a fortnight, you have saved us quite a lot o

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Our puppy that we have only had for 4 months, fractured his growth plate unexpectedly, and we have no idea how he did this either. He had to go under a GA for xrays, and whilst under, the vets noticed the fracture and had to perform surgery to put a pin in place. Six weeks later, another xray (and GA) and invoice to check on progress. Sadly he needs another four weeks until more xrays and surgery and another bill, to remove the pin. So far the bill as been well over $2000, and will creep up a bit more after the final surgery. The claims to date have been refunded very quickly. I cannot thank BWM enough, as we would be living on lentils for the future otherwise. Advice for quick refund: Make sure you provide full vet history, consultation notes and invoice with your claim.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Brit, I am so sorry to hear about your little pup. I hope he recovers quickly. In the meantime, we are glad we can assist. Thank you for the review.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

One of the best insurers I have dealt with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Bow Wow Meow have truly been one of the best insurers I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Their policy was easy to setup and their customer support have been helpful and responsive. But most importantly their claim process is hassle free, and I believe this is where insurance truly counts - will they respond you when you need them? In my experience most insurance companies come undone and expose their flaws when you submit a claim, but not Bow Wow Meow. They have been fair and reasonable, giving me the service they promised and made the process as stress free as possible for me; the customer.

I have, and would continue to recommend them without hesitation.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi TroubledPassenger, it is always pleasing to meet or exceed expectations. Appreciate the review and the recommendations.

Best decision ever.........

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

We only had it for a week when Amber hurt herself.......we are so happy we could claim without any issues
BWM has the best coverage compared to some of the other "big names" No concerns so far

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Ric, thank you for the review. We are glad we have met or exceeded expectations. Have a great day.

Great peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

So relieved I had cover when my girl suffered a spinal injury. Claiming was quick and easy . I will now never have pet insurance. Great peace of mind at a very stressful time.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Harper. Glad we were able to assist and hoping your girl is on the road to recovery.

Insurance claim made

Hasslefree and as advertised.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Policy was quick to set up and have used twice over last few years. Both times seamless and hassle free process at a time we were out of our minds with worry. Payment was communicated to us throughout and so fast. Recommend to all.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and recommendation Kiwi8. It is great to see that we have matched or exceeded expectations.

Insurance claim made

Could not manage with out the insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Yes my policy is good value & when I set it up the customer support group were really helpful .
I would recommend Bow Wow Meow insurance to anyone who asked.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Appreciate the review and recommendation Karen. Glad it has been good value for you.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

EASY AS PET INSURANCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

From the time I first took out this policy it was easy. When I have spoken to somebody on the phone the issue has always been sorted quickly and without hassle. I love the online claim portal. This process is very easy and the claims are processed very quickly. I will be staying with Bow Wow for a long time and will always have Pet Insurance for all future dogs.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

This is excellent to hear Lennie. Thank you the review and hope you have a great weekend.

Very simple to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My 6 year old dog became constipated and required a sedative enema, in total it was over $900. The claim process was easy; just gather all of my dogs vet history and send it off with a claim form (my dog hadn’t been to the vet for a good 2-3 years so there was a gap in her history). About 2-3 weeks later I received payment ($600ish) directly in my bank account.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing rayv36. Glad it was an easy process. Have a great weekend.

Excellent insurance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I do appreciate that Bow Wow Meow makes it so easy to lodge a claim. When our animals are sick the last thing you want is extra hassle... And Bow Wow Meow understands that. Easy to deal with, straight forward and super easy to interact with! Couldn’t wish for a better insurer for our animals! Thank you!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Pippi and Buster, it is nice to hear that we met or exceeded expectations. Thanks for the review.

Insurance claim made

Essential for responsible pet owners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Our premium has increased over time however we have spend a lot of money and claimed a lot in return. It is competitively priced and affordable. The process is simple and quick. Excellent customer service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks Sarah for sharing your experience with us. Have a lovely day.

Great piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The policy is has been great and worth the investment. The setup was easy to complete and when I had a my pet going in for a major operation the staff member I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and helpful through the process

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Mick, glad it went smoothly.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Good insurance for my Jaxon!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My policy for Jaxon who is now 8, has always been reliable and fair. If I have any queries about the policy, Bow Wow Customer Support representatives, are always courteous and professional. A great Pet Insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Carla, glad we have met expectations. Thank you for the review.

Speedy payouts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

The policy was good value, compared with others I had had in the past. Easy to setup and customer service was helpful and responsive.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Sharyn. Glad it went well.

Insurance claim made

Bubbles is 9 and earning back her nine years of premiums.

Yes - over 15 years
Yes - over three pups
Lovely - specially birthday greetings - needed at the time when she had a fall off her bed when she wanted a tummy rub..

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Bubbles

Excellent reimbursement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Excellent claim service and reimbursement for our insurance. Currently have 3 separate claims going and they break the bills up for each claim. Never had to claim in last 10 years like we have now. Instant remittances via email when money reimbursement would be better especially when multiple claims are happening instead of waiting up to 10 days for breakdown, otherwise great service.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Donna. Feedback definitely taken on board...we are working on a more electronic process.

Insurance claim made

All good service was good in the end and they paid what they said they would very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Took a few phone calls but all good in the end. Very satisfied thank you. Will tell my friends to go with you.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Liz

saved us a fortune

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Had the policy for a few years and although it felt a lot of money each month when we had to make a large claim I realised it is worth its weight in gold,

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Michelle. It is always a relief when you know your claim is covered, particularly when it is a large one. Glad we could assist.

1 of 45 pages

Hello. Why are excesses payable every year after renewal of a policy? Once paid they should at leat last 12 months as long as the policy is renewed annually. Case in point! Dog diagnosed 2 x lifelong ilnesses requiring lifelong medication and testing in February. Insurance renewed in June. $1000 excess payable before claiming in Feb. Then $1000 payable again in June on top of the premium. Is that fair?? Thanks

Shane asked on Aug 17, 2018

Do you cover hip dysplacia if my dog is insured from 8 weeks?

rita l asked on Jul 31, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rita, hip dysplasia is covered provided it is not a pre-existing condition and the first clinical signs do not fall within the waiting period.

Hi, my puppy is 1 years old and we are covered under the Accident & Illness policy. We took her to the vet as she was really struggling to breath when we were walking her. The vet told us she has an elongated soft palate which makes it really difficult for her to breath when she exercises. The vet also noticed she was standing funny and checked her back legs and she has luxating patellas in both her back legs requiring surgery. Will we be covered for surgery on her soft palate and will she be covered for surgery on both her back legs?

Nicole asked on Jun 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Nicole, I am sorry to hear that. These do fall under the policy cover. However, each claim is assessed on a case by case basis as the Underwriter needs to look at vet history, pre-existing conditions etc. I recommend calling 1800 668 502 to get more clarity. There is also an option to ask for pre-approval - I suggest asking about that too. Wishing your pup a speedy recovery.

See all 131 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance