Filter By:
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2012

Seems good on the surface but the bilateral condition clause really restricts your future claims seeing there are lots of bilateral body parts!

+ Cheap

- Read the PDS closely regarding bilateral conditions. My dog had cruciate ligament surgery on one leg previously. All other legs are fine. However, this clause means that the opposite (health and injury free) leg is automatically excluded in relation to any future cruciate ligament claim. I rang and Bow Wow confirmed this is how the clause works.

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 12 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2012

I feel I had incredibly bad service with this organisation. I put in a claim for one of my dogs - it was a general check up during which the vet checked the progress of his cataracts. Checking the cataracts took all of a minute. The company refused the claim saying the cataracts were a pre-existing condition - they were but checking them was a very small component of the general checkup. I feel they should've paid out at least some of the claim. The refusal was only after repeated letters from them saying I had not submitted all history for the dogs. I had submitted the documentation; I submitted it a second time and still received the letters. I even received a letter AFTER they told me they'd fixed their system to show they had the full history. I decided to not even try to get the claim for my second dog paid as it would mean I would've been stuck with them for a year until policy renewal. The letter I received upon cancelling the policies made me feel disgusted - a few people read it and we all felt that it was designed to make the recipient feel guilty (responsible pet owners have insurance) and afraid (if you leave the organisation any conditions contracted since taking out the policy would become pre-existing conditions with a new company. We were also horrified to learn that if your pet dies prior to policy renewal & they've paid a claim, you have to continue to pay that policy until it is due for renewal; you are paying insurance for a dead pet. Other people I know have had the same issues - having to fight for every claim to be paid and arguing over whether all vet history had been submitted.

- reluctance to pay claims, inefficient

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 comments
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Don't even bother - You will be wasting your time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2014

I just cancelled 4 policies with them and they could not care less.
One of my pet had to go through expensive Elbow surgery and they decided they would not accept the claims citing it was a pre-existing condition.
Basically they interpret vets report to their advantage and they do have everything covered in the T&C.
Make sure you read the T&C or just don't bother going with them.

- Typical Insurance company

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Eric I am very sorry to hear this. I would really like to investigate what occurred here in terms of the service you received and the claim. I would appreciate you e-mailing your claim number o... read more »

Hi Greg,
I have sent you an email as requested. Keep me posted

Regards

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks Eric, Unfortunately, the claim looks to have been correctly denied as a Pre-existing condition. The issue occurred on 04/02/2014 and it is written on the claim form and on 2 vet reports tha... read more »

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2012

I had been warned about bowwow meow by other members of my dog club, but because I was a student adn felt this was the best way I could take finances out of the equation if anything went wrong with my dogs, that I would take my chances with this company.

In 2008 my dog injured her knee and underwent various tests to see if they could find the cause of her pain. When I put in a claim it was rejected. Previously my dog had for a few hours a limp, but when I took her to the vet, she was so excited to see the vet that she forgot about the pain and the problem was solved. It was because of this vet visit that my claim was denied.

Recently I recieved a renewal notice. My annual premium has more than doubled in spite of no claims being accepted. I find this hard to believe and so am now looking for an alternative insurance company.

+ was cheap

- uses every excuse not to pay claims, puts up the prices unreasonably.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Every pet owner needs to get insured with Bow Wow Meow!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2012

Our Cavoodle, Milo, was diagnosed with a shoulder luxation and required two operations. It was first picked up when Milo dislocated his shoulder at four months of age. Following the initial surgery Milo continued to be in pain and was at risk of further dislocation. We took Milo to an orthopaedic surgeon who performed a shoulder arthroplasty, which essentially involved creating a false shoulder joint. Milo is now seven months old and starting to use his leg again. He is expected to make a full recovery.

We were ectastic that we made the decision to take out pet insurance. Milo’s operations cost approximately $6,500 and we received almost all of this back. Without Bow Wow Meow we most likely would not have been able to have Milo’s operations performed.

+ efficient, quick, service, no fuss

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan - I can absolutely 100% confirm the validity of this claim. I have seen the claim records.

Newcastle

• 6 helpful votes

terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

Worst insurance. Try cancelling your service but they will not allow this? Sick of paying extremely ridiculous amounts of money every month. Horrible service when you try contact them. Spoke to a man named 'Josh' who was terrible at his job and very condescending to paying customers. Then have him put me on hold for unacceptable amounts of time when i ask to speak to management, only to have no one 'available'.
Will not recommend this service to anyone. I truly believe they write these reviews themselves as i do not know how people could write that they are anything but terrible.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Unhappy, I am sorry you are not satisfied. This is not the service we strive for. I would like to investigate what happened. If you don't mind, please can you e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with... read more »

Ballina

• 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

2015 Big premium rise

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2015

I have been with Bow Wow Meow for several years and have never claimed anything but preventative, routine, vet care. For many years, my premium hovered around $540-$550 a year, which for a middle aged dog was competitive. And, I never had any problems making a claim.

However, my premium for 2015 suddenly increased to $884 a year; an increase of some 41%.

When I contacted the company regarding this increase and told them I wasn't happy. They have advised that it was because of the increased cost of vet care and the age of my dog. Granted my dog is a senior citizen, but he is regularly exercise and fed only Hills Science food; in fact my vet has recently remarked how healthy he is.

I then made some suggestion to their brand manager that some sort of loyalty reward system should be in place for minimum claim, long term customers like me; eg a no claim bonus or reduced excess. Their reaction was to virtually laugh at my suggestion and have tried to silence me with a gift voucher. Such behaviour is very unprofessional given I'm a loyal customer of several years standing whom has made minimum claims.

Therefore, my suggestion is to be very wary of this company. I admit that vet costs obviously rise over time; but a 41% increase in my premium is totally unreasonable.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Andrew I appreciate how you feel. I am not sure who you spoke to, however, we are currently looking at ways of providing a loyalty type system. I also apologise how we responded to you initially... read more »

If BowWow bases its premiums on breed, age and postcode amongst other things, a 41% increase is not justified under any circumstances as nothing has changed except the fact that my dog is 12 months... read more »

• 14 helpful votes
Private message

Appaling, wished I had read reviews earlier.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2012

After getting the cruciate ligament form filled out for my 14wk old PUP (vet said it was a joke) he injured himself & after spending $500 @ the vet I rang & asked if it was ok to claim, after being told yes I sent in the claim form. I got rejected as my pups condition was classed as lameness & that is not covered because I claimed within the first 60 days of taking out the policy therefore lameness is excluded.
There was never any paperwork to say that lameness was not covered & now I am stuck paying for specalist care which should of been covered. I will never recommend bow wow they are a joke

- Don't pay & you have to track them down as to why & they are misleading.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi "pixee" I have just seen your post and I am happy to investigate for you. We do pay legitimate claims if there is a genuine mistake, I would like to resolve it. Please can you e-mail your policy... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 35 helpful votes

Don't go there.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2012

Firstly i rang them to see if i could claim, they couldnt tell me, said to send in claim for. after going through a lengthly process I posted it, rang them weeks later to see where my claim was at, they said they had not received it, now i have to go through it again, as now they can say my claim was over the 60 days. I will now record post it and if i do not get a refund i am cancelling my policy....too much like hard work..

• 6 helpful votes

A crap company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2012

Just like many people here, I have had a terrible experience with this company. It took 4 weeks for them to get back to me with a completely confusing letter stating that my dog had a precondition for her accident. What didn’t make any sense is that her precondition was for her left hind leg – she needed surgery on her right hind leg. Apparently these two legs are considered part of the same anatomy. Who knew that two legs are considered one! Well now I do, when I was rudely informed on the phone that it was in the PDS. Customer service is lacking but I guess I would be pretty apathetic working for a company who couldn’t give two s**ts about the well being of your pet.

I should have gone with Petsecure. My mum’s dog is with them and the amount of money they pay is astonishing and she usually gets payment within the week. Not like Bow Wow. It’s my own fault really for going with a company that is cheap. Clearly you get what you pay for.

Don’t risk going with this company! I’m now out of pocket $2k after paying hundreds over the years for peace of mind. Thanks Bow Wow!

- Bad customer service, long and convoluted terms and conditions which will basically mean you giving them money for nothing, bad customer service, very slow turn around. These people will basically do everything possible to not cover your pet.

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

Bow wow meow doesn't even deserve one star!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

I have been with Bow Wow Meow for 5 years and insured our 2 dogs with them, that's a grand total of over $8,600 so far. I made a claim about 3 years ago for tick treatment and that had to be the most difficult process I've ever gone through, they kept asking for documents, details etc, even the vet had no clue what the hell they were on about. Fast forward 3 years, one of my dogs sprained her ankle, had to visit the vet and put her on pain relief for a week. I'm not claiming that much, I think I'm capped at about $150 anyway, but again the same circus started, the details of the consultation provided by the vet are apparently not good enough (it's a different vet too by the way as we've moved a couple of years ago) and they won't pay! So today I'm terminating the insurance and I'm making sure that everyone knows what crooks they are. I'm not asking for the moon, I'm paying every month and I expect that when I need it they will pay me what they owe me. Not paying anymore if I can get them to pay my claims! I'll look into making a complaint through the ACCC or something, because that's really dodgy behaviour, and looking online, it looks as if I'm not the only one being taken for a ride. DO NOT give them any money!

Newcastle

• 20 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Reject claims for rescue dogs with no vet history

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Well, what a bloody joke. Rescuing dogs has lots of support in Australia. Sure, you can insure them. BWM is happy to take your premium. But when you go to make a claim and can't produce a vet history BECAUSE YOU RESCUED THE DOG (not from one of those shelters that make money from pictures of extraordinarily badly treated dogs - not the 'normal' dogs that are abandoned). So, claim rejected. Took them to NCAT NSw consumer tribunal and they settled refunding my entire paid premium. If I had gone to hearing at NCAT, we could have got an order banning them from selling policies they refuse to pay claims on. Oh well.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi longreefbeach, thank you for your feedback. This definitely exposes a crack in the process when no adoption certificate is available. The standard process is to obtain an adoption certificate so... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi longreefbeach, please can you also e-mail insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number so that we can investigate how this is played out on our back end. Many thanks

I'm sure you are able to locate where you refunded a sucker, or client, a full year of useless donations, or premiums and if your system can't do that, well the clue is a dog named Lucy.

Numurkah

Insurance claim made

Disappointed that even a Vets opinion can be dismissed by Bow Wow Meow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Our claim after our Cats surgery that resulted in removal of part of his lung, was rejected.
We sought further advise from our vet who wrote a letter outlining why he knew the surgery was required after accidental inhalation of a grass seed caused part of the lung to die and become septic.
Bow Wow Meow reviewed and still rejected citing the narrow range of accidental circumstances they publish.
Not surprised that they are trying to weasel out of paying, it's what insurance companies do as a default position.
We will escalate this to an external authority and reinsure our five cats elsewhere.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Pursya, it sounds like you have an Accident Only policy. The range of cover here is fairly narrow compared to an Accident & Illness policy (as per our Product Disclosure Statement) and this is r... read more »

Already reviewed. I assumed that accident meant accident. So my cat inhaled a grass seed and almost died. No sickness involved and as my vet said, it's not like he went out and looked for the seed ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Misleading phone information!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I made two phone calls to make sure Danger was covered. In both phone calls I was told Danger is cover and you will receive 80% less excess. I was never told of the sub limit. Following up on this I asked to listen to the phone conversation. I am still waiting to hear back!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi David, I believe you are referring to the 20% co-payment? The 80% cover is definitely stipulated on our brochures, Product Disclosure Statements (PDS') and on our websites so I am not sure where... read more »

Brisbane

Insurance claim made

Introduction of Sub-Limits to every policy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

I took out a policy on 7 January 2013. From time to time my pet has had a lot of issues including epilepsy, hot spots, insect bite and even a traumatic ligament injury, which at this point in time has caused significant lameness likely needing further treatment. It may even relate to a cruciate ligamament issues as stipulated by my vet. Although these claims were paid out, some claims resulted in refusal to pay and internal disputes which were protracted and eventually paid out. At this point in time, my pet is suffering from ongoing lameness to the very leg that an injury happened to on 3 February 2013. The likely result, a cruciate ligament issue in the future.

In late 2015, I allegedly received an email advising of a change to my policy to incorporate sub-limits; $300.00 total annual limit for consultation costs and $2,600.00 for any cruciate ligament issues.

On 6 January 2016, that change incorporating the sub-limits took place. I was unaware of this due to the automation of policy renewal. I recently made a complaint about the unilateral change of contract. In my complaint, I set out that such a change is subject to s 24 of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and s 12BG(1) of the Australian Securities and Investment Commissions Act 2001 (ASIC Act). Basically these provisions set out unfair contract terms, which are unenforceable at a point of law.

Note that under the Product Disclosure Statement as available online, Bow Wow Meow reserve the rights to change the terms and conditions of the policy upon annual renewal to reflect the risk associated with insuring my pet based on factors such as (but not limited to) age, location and medical history. Further, benefits do not accumulate across “Policy Periods” and that the policy benefits will expire at the end of each “Policy Period”.

What do you say? Do you think that the idea of insurance is totally different to what is written in the Product Disclosure Statement? Absolutely and unbelievable in my view! Can you imagine in one policy period you can be paid for a claim relating to an injury and in the next policy period you can be limited to any claims, even if it relates to an injury previously paid out at a higher amount in an earlier policy period? Well that is the risk a lot of people are facing with Bow Wow Meow.

Under s 12CA of the Australian Consumer Law, I also set out that a person must not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct, in relation to financial services, if the conduct is unconscionable within the meaning of the unwritten law, from time to time, of the States and Territories. I argued that Bow Wow Meow took advantage of my situation with my pet, particularly the pets history. Even if they did not take advantage of my pet's medical history, which I in no way assert is the case, and implemented the sub-limits to everyone, how can they do so when in the prior policy period some people's claims were higher for consultation fees and may have been paid out for an injury that will be ongoing and could relate to cruciate ligaments? There are two extremes, either unfairly reviewing an individuals policy or not reviewing any at all and making an internal decision to change limits.

In my case, I asserted I cannot see any fairness in Bow Wow Meow retaining an unfair and ongoing advantage over me as a consumer. Particularly in relation to cruciate ligaments, ligaments being the subject of which was previously paid out under the policy and has proved to be an ongoing issue for me. Of relevance is that Bow Wow Meows actions really speak of “back-peddling”, even if they didn't mean to do this, to reduce likely future claims resulting from an injury previously covered by my policy. It serves no real reason but to limit otherwise ongoing claims in respect of an injury previously sustained and covered by policy.

At first instance, the complaint was dealt with by a Senior Customer Relations Officer. In our phone conversation, the officer set out in words to the effect that they understand my position and totally agree but there is nothing they can do as policies can't be changed and that the change was applied to every policy. Upon asking for a review, the matter was escalated. When escalated to the Internal Dispute Resolution Committee, the VERY SAME officer provided a written response. A decision that was not independently reviewed internally as it was the same person who dealt with the complaint at first instance! Biased or independently reviewed? I cannot say if this is standard procedure or whether it would result in any difference to the decision.

In the response, I was informed that the insurer would not make any changes to my policy. I was informed "Please also note that the decision to apply the new sub-limits has been made based on the overall performance of the product, not at an individual level and you have not been singled out for these changes".

When phoning Bow Wow Meow under a pseudonym and pretending to take out a new policy, I was informed there are no sub-limits applied to new policies. Apparently this is not the case and I may have been told incorrect information.

I sent an email to the officer questioning whether the implementation of the sub-limits were made public, for example, in the Notice of Policy Changes and Amendments. I also asked whether the Product Disclosure Statement details the new sub-limits and asked for links to the website that details the changes. The response as at the time of writing and submitting this review "Please note that the annual sub-limits for consultation fees and cruciate ligament conditions are listed in your Certificate of Insurance" and "the new annual-sub-limits for consultation fees and cruciate ligament conditions were implemented in all Bow Wow Meow policies". Did you implement changes without reviewing the customers who this would dramatically affect? I would like an answer to this question.

Notwithstanding the above, I have previously made a complaint in relation to indexing annual premiums exponentially to retain an unfair advantage under a policy as against the total amount of annual claims. As I set out, at one stage I received a 24% increase in premiums above my prior year's claims. The end result in my situation was that I was going to be required to pay more for my premiums then a dog of the same age, breed etc. The only difference being medical history. A history that I did not know of when taking out insurance when my pet was a puppy, a risk I would have preferred to have avoided, but I have to wear all of this because of the love I have for my pet. Yet you reserve the right to use my pets health from a prior period under a policy against me as per your PDS? How can this be categorised as insurance Bow Wow Meow? You seem to be taking away the idea of insuring me for the risks of illness or injury based on qualified veterinarians assessments of future risk resulting from my prior claims. Whether or not this is the case, I tend to wonder.

At one stage, Bow Wow Meow even tried to argue that they would never take into consideration a pets prior medical history as I said this would be unfair. This was in my conversation relating to indexing premiums above my prior year's claim amount. Fortunately this was resolved "without admission" and I received a refund.

The HARSH REALITY is that you are an individual and this is a large company betting on risks with strategically worded terms and conditions. You have no bargaining power and they have standard form contracts.

At one stage in 2013, I made a complaint and the response "thanks mate its full on- 7 page complaint letter". Really? You then resend an email trying to recall the email that you already sent. What a joke.

IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH BOW WOW MEOW, I urge you to be incredibly cautious, ask many questions and document every conversation. Go so far as having everything put in writing.

On another note, yes claims can be fast but yes it can end in dispute and be protracted. My rating is because of my experiences and particularly because of the way the sub-limits were implemented and the way that there PDS is worded.

If I could turn back time, I would not personally go with Bow Wow Meow.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Scott. We are happy to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact us and discuss.

You weren't happy to discuss it at all. You reinstated your position. How is that helpful? I would prefer not to go in circles with you.

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

terrible advise and misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2014

Absolutely do not recommend, and as an employee of the veterinary industry will not be promoting them. After being told a claim for surgery would be all fine and to go ahead, our claim was rejected with no further help given, complete and utter waste of time

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi there Please can you e-mail your policy number or claim number to insurance@bowwow.com.au. This definitely should not happen and I apologise if it did! Accordingly, I would like to investigate ... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi there, after a full investigation, it has been confirmed that the agent correctly explained that a hip replacement is not covered unless we agree to it in writing. The pre- authorisation was req... read more »

Geelong

Cruciat Ligament Waiting Period

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

Recently I sent in a claim form to have the cruciate ligament waiting period waived for the dog. She had suffered a dislocated knee cap in the past which my Vet had agreed that she had fully recovered from. some months later, after my Vet examined her and completed the waiting period claim form stating that she had no signs of leg problems or other issues I submitted it to Bow Wow Meow, I submitted one form via fax, and the other via mail just to ensure that they received it. They did and a week latter I received 2 letters, one stating that the period had been waived, the other stating that it had not. Upon calling them they checked the system and they stated that my dog had had the period waived.

When I mentioned that I had 2 letters, they almost immediately changed their mind and said that the waiting period was not waived. Upon asking them how it was possible to get 2 separate letters dated the same day with completely different outcomes they said that one of the claims reviewers had made an error. I subsequently asked who was it that reviewed the claims? The first response was a registered vet named Melissa (last name removed). She was the one who reviewed the form and ruled against the waiting period being waved. When I asked who was the person who ruled in favor of the waiting period being waived, Bow Wow said it was an error made by a reviewer - that is someone who is NOT a vet.

How is it possible that Bow Wow have people reviewing claims that do not posses the qualifications to make a decision. This case has now been escalated to a senior manager [name removed] (last name removed but you can contact her on [contact details removed]) for further investigation. Basically Bow Wow Meow have process issues! I then asked why the form which was completed by my vet after physically inspecting my dog was subsequently ignored by a Bow Wow Meow reviewer who has never seen nor inspected my dog and probably isn't even a registered vet (case in point above). Bow Wow Meow pointed out that because my dog had a dislocated knee cap in the past that that warranted in not waiving the waiting period, even though my vet said that a dislocated knee cap has nothing to do with a cruciate ligament. It would be like saying that having a dislocated finger at one stage in my life may increase my chances of doing and ACL - completely unrelated!

My concern here is that the way in which Bow Wow meow review claims is completely flawed. So here is what you do:

1) Keep Sending the same claims for multiple times, via fax each day, and also in writing. They are required to process each claim, so who knows you may get lucky if they "make an error"

2) In the initial instance the claim is rejected, ask for the name of the person who reviewed the claim. Check to ensure that they are a registered veterinarian, and in which state they are registered.

3) If they are not registered ask Bow Wow to provide evidence of their registration.

4) Ask for copies of all review documentation along with the copy or copies of the voice recordings (Bow Wow record all of their calls) Bow Wow will advice that they can not provide details as to why the claim was rejected, state that you are not asking for the reason why, you are simply asking for the process that was used to come to that decision. Bow Wow will need to provide you with this documentation.

5) Have it escalated to a Senior Manager. Once the Senior Manager contacts you ask to have your pet examined by one of their Vets (they will reply no). Then ask them to have it done remotely via Skype or face time, if they again say no, ask them to contact your vet such that they can discuss the process that was used to reject the claim. At this point because they have rejected 3 alternate means of having the dog accessed, which means you are now entitled to make a formal complaint through internal complaints team. Note that at this stage you have only rang their call center who have simply escalated it up the line. Whilst not much will come of this step it surely irritates them.

5) Again get all of the information that the senior manager has conveyed to you in writing as well as a copy of the call recording. Note if they are reluctant to send you an electronic copy of the recording ask them to subscribe it and send it out in writing.

6) You can now escalate this officially through their Internal dispute resolution team. Again send it multiple times just for good casue to ensure that they get it. Send them the copies of the voice recordings. While your at it send it to the Hollard Insurance Company (who issue the insurance to Bow Wow Meow) as well as PetSure (who arrange and administer the insurance) They will thank you for bringing this concern to their attention.

Bow Wow Meow will probably harp on about how they are working on the compliant blah blah blah

7) At this point send a short summary of your official complaint to Financial Ombudsman Service. This is when it starts to get serious. Bow Wow will then assign a customer service staff member to the complaint that has been logged by the FOS.

By now you have probably had Bow Wow burn though about a $500-$800 of resources so even if the case isn't resolved you can be assured that your premiums are being put to good use.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for your review of BWM Pet Insurance. We wish to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the incorrect review of the Cruciate Ligament Examination form that wa... read more »

Hi Bow Wow Meow. Thanks for responding. I wonder How many other claim forms have been processed "in error" and rejected? Its not all that reassuring it? I also sent it multiple times as the initi... read more »

Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi asma41 - as previously mentioned we have tried to contact you a few times. I suggest e-mailing insurance@bowwow.com.au so that you can provide us with the best contact number and times that we can chat. Thank you.

Shocking!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2012

I have now not seen any money coming out of my credit card for 4 months. I have tried on numerous occasions to call only to be left on hold. I have no also sent them 5 emails and no one has given me the respect of a response. will be terminating my policy as soon as i get hold of someone and telling them exactly what i think of their pathetic excuse for a company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2012

We are with Bow Wow Meow and have just received our bill for cover in the next yyear. We have been with them for two years. For the last two years our insurance was $280. We did not claim in the first year but did claim in the second year. The claim was for around $450 with a $100 excess and we received $350 back. Our new premium price is $460. With a nice generic letter explaining the cost increase, how they encouraged policy holders to use their insurance wisely and work with their vets towards cost effective treatments. And in a separate letter "to ensure fairness we have consultated the Imbudsman......who have confirmed ....setting premiums falls outside their Terms of Reference". Kind of like HAHAHAHAHa sucker. If we had made a number of claims I could understand this massive increase, but we made one claim in two years and in vet costs it was relativley small.

I am pretty much trapped as my cat is over 9 years old I cannot get comprehensive policy with other insures, only one for accidents.

I reveiwed alot of insurance companies and I would have gone with Petplan but my cat was over the seven year mark. They are underwritten by Allianz who have also received good reviews......Go and look at them.

+ Would insure my cat at aged 9 when most other insurance companies would not. For our one claim it was a quick response and did cover the costs

- The HUGE $190 increase in premium after our one and only claim over 2 years.

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Policy holder for 12 years - today I cancelled. Not good enough!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

I have held my policy since I first got my puppy in 2005. In recent years I've had my policy increase with no claims made over the last 3-4 years. I put in a claim for teeth cleaning, annual vaccinations and routine blood screen this year. My out of pocket was $697 and I was given a rebate of $60. I pay just under $1000 per year for this policy and I cannot fathom how this is actually good value. Considering I've been a loyal customer for all this time with few claims, I found their ability to satisfy my requests as a customer extremely poor. An annual cap of 'routine' care to $50 which includes an expensive procedure such as teeth cleaning is underhanded. I'm better off putting the money I pay them into an interest account and cashing in when required. I urge others considering pet insurance to do the same - absolute joke!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi MelbD, I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied. The policies are designed to cover accidents and illnesses. It looks like the claims you have placed are routine care items and thus our policies have limited cover for them.

You're clearly ignoring the fact that I'm telling you as a policy holder of 12 years, having spent $9000 on insurance in that time with you, that this IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I hope more of your policy... read more »

1 of 75 pages