Filter By:

Very satisfied customer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I have a 9 month old boxer puppy, I have only had insurance for 5 months. My puppy sustained a traumatic fracture of her right femur, result of accident with much larger dog. It was a costly treatment with surgery, pate, pins etc. 80% of my claim was paid very promptly. I am most satisfied with the entire process. I would happily recommend bow wow meow pet insurance to any pet owner.

Insurance claim made

Happy customer - woof woof woof!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Many years - I'm not exactly sure of how many years - Doh! This is my first claim though....
The process to make a claim was quick and easy - thanks so much Bow Wow Meow! Happy pet and pet owner!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

You are welcome Mark. Glad the claim process was a smooth one! Woof Woof, wagging tail :-)

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We submitted a very large claim online and within a few days we were refunded pretty much 80% of the full claim no questions asked.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone researching pet insurance!!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Appreciate the review. Thanks Ali

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Quick response but could benefit from human touch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

About 6 months. Unfortunately I needed to claim after my dog required surgery, then euthanasia following a dingo attack. The company responded to my claim quickly and the process was straightforward. Perhaps it's asking too much of an insurance company, but if the pet has died in relation to the claim, some acknowledgement would be comforting for the owner.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Cathy. I am so sorry to hear that your dog had to be euthanised and apologise for you not receiving this message earlier as we do have a process where we send you a message ... read more »

peace of mind.......

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

we've been insured with Bow wow meow for about 10 years and have been happy with
the promptness of our claims and customer service excellent. thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review scooby doo. Glad we have consistently delivered.

Satisfied customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Four years. I've made numerous claims for an accident-prone dog and one for his less accident-prone companion, and aside from a couple of minor administrative glitches have had no problems with Bow Wow Meow. From my experience so far, I recommend the company - and I'm very glad that my dogs are insured.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Christine. Glad we could assist.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Greatly improved customer service and speed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

We have been loyal customers of BWM for about 10 years and the improvement in the service and the portal over the past year has been outstanding. Claims are easy to submit and track and are processed quickly and reimbursed directly into my bank account.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

That is great to hear Jon, we have worked hard on it. Appreciate the review.

Insurance claim made

Excellent, efficient, reliable pet insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I’ve been with Bow Wow Meow for nearly 7 years and they’ve never let me down. My two dogs have a few ongoing health issues between them and BWM has been by my side all the way!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Hailey. Good to hear that we have consistently been able to help with your pet's health care needs over the past 7 years.

Lived up to expectation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Simple, quick, friendly and affordable. Nothing but good words to say about this company and the service they provide. Thanking them.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Great to hear, thanks Chris

Insurance claim made

Consistently good and they continue to improve their processes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

I've been with Now Wow Meow for over 8 years. They've been great the whole time, the claim process is simple and they pay what they say they will with no issues. I always recommend them when asked on pet forum sites.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Appreciate the review and the recommendations Jessie K. Glad the claims process is simple and easy.

The best by Far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

1 1/2 years I have recently had to make a claim, I have to say it was so easy 3 clicks and it was sent, paid out in 6 days, amazing, I wish other companies would follow yours! I also had a little confusion over part of my claim as it was in separate invoices, phone call and it was sorted, thank you amazing service!
I have recommended you to so many people, and all have taken insurance with you!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Hi Helen K, wonderful to see that we were able to assist and it was a smooth claim process for you. Thank you for the review and for recommended us.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Amazing service, just can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow since my dog was a puppy, he is now 5 years old. I have found Bow Wow to be such an easy Insurance company to be with. Now the claims process is all online, it's made it even easier to submit a claim! Unfortunately, we have had to make a claim every year for Harvey and the last thing you want to worry about is getting your money back. Bow Wow has always made the process stress free and they're so quick to transfer your money back into your account. Thank you for such amazing service every time!

Highly recommended,Very reliable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have been with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance for approximately three and a half years now and found them to be very reliable in their assistance. Very reassuring to know there is help available in case of an unexpected accident
to a pet that is like a member of our family.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and recommendation Mary.

Happy with latest outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

two years and so far so good. i was skeptical but after latest claim I'm convince I got good cover for my dog Thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks Lpal13 - it is good to see that we have exceeded expectations.

Insurance claim made

Never expected to use it but have needed to use it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

2 years, Its a lot of money to pay on a regular basis, but when required it is a god sent.
Very happy with the claims and portion of refund.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Tahlia - glad we could assist!

Easy as!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My dog has been insured with Bow Wow Meow for over 5 years. We have claimed many times. Pet insurance claims are an easy process. So convenient. Hassle free. Thank you.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

You are welcome! And great to hear we have matched or exceeded expectations. Thanks for the review Evette.

Easy seamless coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

My dog hasn’t been insured with Bow wow meow for 6 years and we have always had easy straight forward claims experiences. Coverage is wide and staff are easy to deal with. Highly recommended!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Bunny. Good to hear it was a smooth claim process.

Operation for pet dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

I have been member for 9 years. Recently my dog needed to have very large tumor removed. The cost was around $1400. The claim was handled by the vet and I promptly received a large portion back. I'm very happy with the service and am considering geeting insurance for other animals

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Good to hear we were able to assist Ric. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

Good ASSURANCE for Elvis and his owners!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Being insured with you for 3 years, our first recent claim has been very satisfactorily dealt with by you. Thank you very much.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

prompt and no issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

2 years - I was pleased that my emergency vet care was paid promptly and through our vet. no issues.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Health Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Rosa

1 of 79 pages

I am considering starting a policy for our 2 dogs. I'm concerned that the premiums will skyrocket each time the policy is renewed. My dogs are 7 and 8. What annual % increase can I expect? If I make a claim, does that result in premium increasing? If so, by how much? Also, with the 10% for second dog, do I get that discount each time the policy is renewed? Thanks.

Jenny asked on Oct 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Jenny, these are all great questions. It is difficult to answer though as premiums are also dependent on variables that are not known such as vet inflation and the claim frequency of our book. Your claim history does have a small impact on premium. The 10% multi pet discount, is a discount that is applied through the life of the policy so you do retain it on renewal. With older pets, premiums do increase. We try limit this to a cap of 15% as we like to avoid raising prices by huge amounts (it is important to note that there is no pricing guarantee and we reserve the right to increase if need be though). Hope this helps answer your questions.

Hi do your policy cover blocked gland? consult at a vet where the vet manually expresses and may have to do this regularly thanks Gary

Gary asked on Sep 12, 2018

Answer this

Hi Gary, if the glands are being routinely expressed or expressed as a preventative procedure or Elective Treatment by a vet or nurse, this will not be covered. This exclusion is listed under ‘Day to Day’ care in section 6 of the PDS. “preventative procedures and treatment (including, but not limited to, vaccinations, routine gland expression, flea/tick/worm control)”, as well as preventable procedures and Elective Treatments.
In cases where the pet requires medical treatment for the gland due to impaction, infection, abscess or rupture, we may cover the Treatment under Illness Cover provided the Condition is not Pre-existing.

Never made a claim until our beloved dog Henry died aged 9. Phoned Bow Wow Meow who said no need to put extra details in only the most recent treatment that we are making our claim for. Followed all the online prompts only to have a request for ALL vet treatment during his lifetime, pathology reports and X ray results. How come other owners have their claims paid out immediately? Very disappointed!

Henry asked on Aug 21, 2018

Answer this

Hi Henry, I am sorry you are disappointed - my apologies. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and sort out for you. Thanks

See all 134 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance