Filter By:

Really Dissapointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

The couple times I have had to deal with this company have been so appalling, I wonder how they are still in business.
When we made a claim it was a very frustrating and dissapointing experience. Many many phone calls to follow up and bad service from them when you do speak to them, I really felt like they were trying to hold off and get away with not honouring our claim. When I expressed what dissapointing service and experience it was to the complaints - General Manager I received nothing than a mere 'Oh Well response'.

Months later I want to cancel the policy they have again made it very difficult and not returned calls and got me to the stage I was demanding over the phone for my policy to be canelled...and then he did it on the spot rather than the previous three phone calls were to transfer me through to some other team.
Terrible service and un-professional.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi K L, it is very disappointing to hear that. My sincere apologies. It would be appreciated if you could e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate this for tr... read more »

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

Paid for 3 years from when our dog was a puppy with no claims and the one time I submit a claim it’s denied. Save your money and don’t bother using bow wow or anyone else that flogs off petsure insurance because when something comes that’s actually worth claiming they’ll leave you hanging out to dry.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi J.Warner, we are sorry to hear this and would like to investigate this with the claims area. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can assist. Many thanks.

Really disappointing.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Submitted two claims following our dog’s accident. At first it seemed to be going through, as there was no notification from Bow Wow that there had been issues. Then I find out through the portal that they require a complete history. Fine, I submitted that. Then again through the portal (was checking daily at this point, because I was not receiving any emails or texts to confirm they’d received the documents) I found out that they’d requested the documents again. Okay, submitted AGAIN via email.
Finally, I call. They tell me that they’ve been unable to open the documents. Requested I sent through photos. So I email photos, hear nothing and finally the first claim is processed.
The second claim I’m still waiting on. I have a claim number and everything. So I call again. They say they’ve processed the first claim and the second was a duplicate. No, it was a separate claim for another hospital. But they tell me they couldn’t access the documents. I repeated they had been sent in JPEG at their request, at least 3 times. But there’s no record of that email, so please submit again.

They said they will try and ‘expedite’ this claim. But if not, it’ll be 7 to 10 days.

If only they’d notified me immediately that the documents couldn’t be opened, then I could have resubmitted again.

Also the website is ineffective. You cannot view individual claims. So how can you track it yourself?

Very disappointing, looking at a new insurer for our pet following the outcome of this claim.

(However — thank you to staff who actually try to help in the call centre).

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Koda Bear, it is very disappointing to hear this. My sincere apologies. Please supply your policy number so I can hand this over to the resolutions team and ensure it goes through quickly (pleas... read more »

Thank you for your fast response. I have emailed my policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Received, thank you. A resolutions team member will get back to you ASAP.

Insurance claim made

Great service, fast refunds, friendly and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I’ve had pet insurance on my 2 dogs (a bullmastiff and a French mastiff) for the last 6 years. I’ve never had to make a substantial claim but my bullmastiff thought it would be a great idea to swallow a bone the size of a clenched human fist. This of course became lodged in his oesophagus and required emergency surgery. The stress about the wellbeing of my puppy was compounded when I was given a quote of the potential cost (which was up to $15000) to retrieve the bone. Fortunately my bill only came to $8500 and bow wow had the money back into my account within the week. They were very friendly, super helpful and overall I had a really positive experience from an insurance company which was quite a surprise. If you are in the marked for pet insurance I strongly urge you to at least have a look at what these guys have to offer. Also, a big shout out to SASH at Gosford, you guys are amazing!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Chris. I am glad we were able to assist and really glad your pup is OK now.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Insurance claim made

Would not accept an accident claim...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

After being insured for a year we submitted our first claim. However it was declined because we did not provide them with a full vet history (he is a rescue dog). We are trying to claim for a scratch our dog had on his eye.
Very disappointing. Stay away!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Carly, please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so we can get our resolutions team to look at this. We definitely cover rescue dogs. All that is needed is a certificat... read more »

I have already sent that through.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Carly, I can only access your e-mails at insurance@bowwow.com.au. Please ensure it is sent to that e-mail address so I can assist, as I can not find it. Many thanks.

Melbourne

Insurance claim made

Not sure if it’s worth it....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

My German shepherd needs both cruciates done and I’ve been paying pet insurance for almost 5 years for her. I phoned them and they initially said they cover 80%.....wow how great! But oh yeah it’s capped at $2600 TOTAL per annum for cruciates whether you have 1 done or 2!!! So the surgery will cost total $11,000 plus physio after and they give me back $2600 which doesn’t even come close to 1 of the surgeries.
Not sure why I pay for pet insurance when I’ve paid weekly for so long and barely benefit!
Not even human health insurance is that brutal

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Lengthy process, policy now cancelled

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2018

We started our policy when we got our dog 5yrs ago as a private rehome rescue. We have had no issues at all untiul February when she blew her ACL and required major surgery to correct this. The process took forever because we didn't have any kind of receipt from when we got her but no one told me that the statement I made about the date we got her wasn't enough until my 3rd phone call. Thankfully I was able to track down her previous owner who wrote a letter confirming the date we had taken ownership of her but what would have stopped me from writing the exact same thing? We then heard nothing for another few weeks before I called to follow up again as was asked the same questions again but then received some money in the bank only a couple of days later. I still haven't heard anything about why her initial appointment when the ACL damaged was discovered hasn't been cancelled but we are so done that we have cancelled anyway. Never had so many issues with an insurance company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Kel, I am sorry that you were given the run around. I would appreciate you e-mailing your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so we can investigate this as it is not the level of service we aspire to. Many thanks

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Policy holder for 12 years - today I cancelled. Not good enough!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

I have held my policy since I first got my puppy in 2005. In recent years I've had my policy increase with no claims made over the last 3-4 years. I put in a claim for teeth cleaning, annual vaccinations and routine blood screen this year. My out of pocket was $697 and I was given a rebate of $60. I pay just under $1000 per year for this policy and I cannot fathom how this is actually good value. Considering I've been a loyal customer for all this time with few claims, I found their ability to satisfy my requests as a customer extremely poor. An annual cap of 'routine' care to $50 which includes an expensive procedure such as teeth cleaning is underhanded. I'm better off putting the money I pay them into an interest account and cashing in when required. I urge others considering pet insurance to do the same - absolute joke!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi MelbD, I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied. The policies are designed to cover accidents and illnesses. It looks like the claims you have placed are routine care items and thus our policies have limited cover for them.

You're clearly ignoring the fact that I'm telling you as a policy holder of 12 years, having spent $9000 on insurance in that time with you, that this IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I hope more of your policy... read more »

Excellent Pet Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

We have had our dog insured since he was a puppy, and are very happy with Bow Wow Meow. Unfortunately our dog had to have a melanoma removed, and whilst thankfully everything is OK so far, has to have ongoing treatment for life. Claims with Bow Wow are easy, able to be done completely online, and processed/paid quickly.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Erin, thank you for the review. I am glad to hear the operation was successful. It is great to hear that we can assist in helping him get the ongoing treatment he deserves.

Newcastle

Insurance claim made

Writing a second review because we have a second issue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

So our dog had what we thought was a breathing issue. Took her to the vet, and thankfully she was ok. We submitted our claim and it got rejected, apparently because it was a 'health check'. Except it wasn't. We wouldn't have taken her had we not thought something was wrong. Not to mention the response email was barely written in English because Bow Wow has an offshore customer service team.

"Nixie’s claim wasn’t rejected because it is a vaccination/health check under Routine care hence it is a consultation to check if there is something wrong to the pet. You have completely verify the result is positive since everything is normal. Please be advised be advised that we only cover your expenses if there is something wrong with the pet.

I’m sorry to say but if your vet confirmed that there is something wrong with Nixie’s breathing this claim should’ve been covered."

We asked to be shown where in the PDS it states that they won't pay if there is lucky enough to be nothing wrong with your dog. They then linked us a copy of the PDS. We requested again to be shown and we are still waiting.

Words cannot describe how terrible Bow Wow is.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jesse, I can understand your disappointment - my apologies. I would definitely like to investigate what occurred from our end. Please can you e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so we can get to the bottom of this. Many thanks

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Jesse, following the investigation, I can confirm that your claim was assessed as a regular health check and not an illness. The reason I was given was because the notes were not detailed enough... read more »

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

For the cost of a couple of bottles of non premium wine a fortnight, you have saved us quite a lot o

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Our puppy that we have only had for 4 months, fractured his growth plate unexpectedly, and we have no idea how he did this either. He had to go under a GA for xrays, and whilst under, the vets noticed the fracture and had to perform surgery to put a pin in place. Six weeks later, another xray (and GA) and invoice to check on progress. Sadly he needs another four weeks until more xrays and surgery and another bill, to remove the pin. So far the bill as been well over $2000, and will creep up a bit more after the final surgery. The claims to date have been refunded very quickly. I cannot thank BWM enough, as we would be living on lentils for the future otherwise. Advice for quick refund: Make sure you provide full vet history, consultation notes and invoice with your claim.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Brit, I am so sorry to hear about your little pup. I hope he recovers quickly. In the meantime, we are glad we can assist. Thank you for the review.

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

One of the best insurers I have dealt with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Bow Wow Meow have truly been one of the best insurers I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Their policy was easy to setup and their customer support have been helpful and responsive. But most importantly their claim process is hassle free, and I believe this is where insurance truly counts - will they respond you when you need them? In my experience most insurance companies come undone and expose their flaws when you submit a claim, but not Bow Wow Meow. They have been fair and reasonable, giving me the service they promised and made the process as stress free as possible for me; the customer.

I have, and would continue to recommend them without hesitation.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi TroubledPassenger, it is always pleasing to meet or exceed expectations. Appreciate the review and the recommendations.

Best decision ever.........

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

We only had it for a week when Amber hurt herself.......we are so happy we could claim without any issues
BWM has the best coverage compared to some of the other "big names" No concerns so far

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Ric, thank you for the review. We are glad we have met or exceeded expectations. Have a great day.

Great peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

So relieved I had cover when my girl suffered a spinal injury. Claiming was quick and easy . I will now never have pet insurance. Great peace of mind at a very stressful time.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Harper. Glad we were able to assist and hoping your girl is on the road to recovery.

Insurance claim made

Hasslefree and as advertised.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Policy was quick to set up and have used twice over last few years. Both times seamless and hassle free process at a time we were out of our minds with worry. Payment was communicated to us throughout and so fast. Recommend to all.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and recommendation Kiwi8. It is great to see that we have matched or exceeded expectations.

Insurance claim made

After 3 years, we can't make a small claim and they can't let us know why, it's like a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We have our dog insurance with Bow Wow Meow insurance since 3 years ago. We pay $55 every month. We were trying to make a small claim under $150 about 2 months ago, and we were told to provide them all the medical reports and paperwork from since the dog was a puppy before we took the insurance policy. Shouldn't they ask for the papers before we signed up?

So we collected all the information and paperwork from the vet and resubmitted the claim. After a long few weeks later, we got a letter saying we were not able to make a claim. We called them to ask why but no one can give us an answer of why the claim is unsuccessful, and no one could give us their name but a case number.

They are not helpful, it's very difficult to make a claim. We are only asking for a small claim under $150, imagine if we wanted to make a big claim of few thousand dollars after so many years paying for the insurance policy? It feels like a scam!

The 5 star reviews on the page were not consistent, they all happened 12-13 of July. I urge people do not go for this insurance company. After 5 years of paying the insurance policy, they only asked for the medical report and paperwork when you want to get a claim. They could reject your claim for whatever reason after that. It's a scam!

August 3rd 2018 Update: After reviewing the Bow Wow Meow insurance, nothing has changed

I noticed many people have the same experience as me for not able to make even a tiny little claim, and even a friend who has the same experience. Bow Wow Meow claimed that they pay MILLIONS for insurance compensation but we cannot understand how did they do that when we customers cannot make a claim and no follow up for what reason we are not eligible, and they service was cold, slow, lack of empathy and understanding, in 2018 this kinda corporate behaviour cannot be tolerated, they are taking advantage on animal owners vulnerability and toying with our emotion but give zero damn about their customers as long as their policy is paid.

After months of trying to make a claim of $130, I give up. After numerous calls, emails, and social media posts, no one can answer me an easy question, why cant we make a claim? We provided every documents they asked, and we paid our bill on time.

I urge every pet owner stay away from this company, search for a better one. There are bad and good reviews, bad ones are all in the same situations, good ones hardly mention anything but good service, I am wondering if those reviews are genuine because people around me never have positive experience with them. Stay away from this company. They have no heart.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Colin, we have paid out many millions in claims and been in business for around a decade, so we are certainly not a scam. However, it is disappointing to hear about the poor service you received... read more »

Insurance claim made

Could not manage with out the insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

Yes my policy is good value & when I set it up the customer support group were really helpful .
I would recommend Bow Wow Meow insurance to anyone who asked.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Appreciate the review and recommendation Karen. Glad it has been good value for you.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

EASY AS PET INSURANCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

From the time I first took out this policy it was easy. When I have spoken to somebody on the phone the issue has always been sorted quickly and without hassle. I love the online claim portal. This process is very easy and the claims are processed very quickly. I will be staying with Bow Wow for a long time and will always have Pet Insurance for all future dogs.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

This is excellent to hear Lennie. Thank you the review and hope you have a great weekend.

Very simple to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

My 6 year old dog became constipated and required a sedative enema, in total it was over $900. The claim process was easy; just gather all of my dogs vet history and send it off with a claim form (my dog hadn’t been to the vet for a good 2-3 years so there was a gap in her history). About 2-3 weeks later I received payment ($600ish) directly in my bank account.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing rayv36. Glad it was an easy process. Have a great weekend.

Excellent insurance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I do appreciate that Bow Wow Meow makes it so easy to lodge a claim. When our animals are sick the last thing you want is extra hassle... And Bow Wow Meow understands that. Easy to deal with, straight forward and super easy to interact with! Couldn’t wish for a better insurer for our animals! Thank you!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Pippi and Buster, it is nice to hear that we met or exceeded expectations. Thanks for the review.

1 of 72 pages