Filter By:

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Endlessly surprised.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

We have one of those dogs. Always finding himself in sickness or injury. The Bow Wow system is very easy to make a claim and they have been very fair in amounts that we have been reimbursed. I have seen other friends’ insurers do very much less and make the process difficult. I’m glad we did the research, and doubly glad Bow Wow Meow live up to the reports.

I am very grateful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

After hearing horror stories from other experience to others as I am in the retail animal industry. Very satisfied in the customer service people I am so pleased on my choice of insurer and have passed on my.

A Claim I Never Wanted to Make

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

All of the above were fine, making the claim is probably as simple as it can be. Claim was settled quickly however there were two vet practices involved and in the first instance only one was paid, I decided to query as it wasn't as much as we hoped, customer service was great sorted out the problem efficiently and the rest of money in the account the next day, it would have been five stars but I would still recommend but I really hope I don't have to make a claim again!

Great policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Great policy for both our dogs. Easy to set up & even easier to claim. Hassle free. Great value for money. Would recommend.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear Kath, thanks for the review.

great value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

i have been using bow wow meow for several years now. the claims process has been really easy and straight forward.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Justina.

Good but missleading

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I wouldn't be without pet insurance, however recently I have had to claim for my dog having a cruciate ligament surgery. What they don't tell you is there is limits to certain procedures per year. I was also not covered for animal physio when my dog needed extra rehab because she wasn't recovering as well as she should. Rehab is part of the operation and should be covered. Other than that I am very happy, the claim process is easy and they pay quickly.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the feedback Sue. I do understand where you are coming from, however, the above limits are documented on your certificate of insurance and the physio exclusion is covered under Sectio... read more »

Insurance claim made

I wish everything was as easy as you guys

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

The cost is good and doesn't rise very high even with claims every year
Very easy to set up and make a claim and you have you're money in no time
Customer Support is super but the online service is good enough, you won't need to pick up the phone

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for this review Podge. We are happy that you all has gone well.

Insurance claim made

Was amazed at how easy it was to claim!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

It was unbelievably easy to do the online claim, and had the money in my account within 2 days! Very happy!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Really good to hear. Thanks for the review Cassie.

Insurance claim made

Such a relief to have pet insurance we can rely on!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

We’ve been with bow wow meow since our dog was two months old - he is now 8.5yrs. In that time, we’ve never had an issue with receiving reimbursement for claims covered under our policy. The online submission process is so easy and convenient, and when I have rung up customer service with questions they have been really helpful. I am surprised that many people haven’t heard of them. Highly recommended

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

It is great to hear that we have consistently provided value Jax. Thank you for the review

Seamless

Good value and easy
Very good
My only issue, which is not your issue, is that my vet took too long to submit the claim

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing James

Insurance claim made

great customer service but bad at losing paperwork

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

In general the company is great but my last claim was for me big and i used bill money to pay vet bills. The paperwork from vet had to be sent 4 times from vet then once by me to a particular lady before the claim went thru. 2 weeks it took any me fielding overdue bills. So you need to sort that out. Otherwise your people are lovely any payment amounts are great. Thanks

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback and review Anne. Yes, we are definitely aware of some cracks in the system. Occasionally this does occur and we apologise. We are launching our new claim portal in September... read more »

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

After puppy are some of Nanna's heart medication we had to make an emergency trip to the vet. Knowing the insurance process was a simple case of leaving a part filled form with the vet was a great relief. I could confidently tell the vet to do whatever was needed knowing most of the cost would be covered by the insurance. Bow wow has consistently demonstrated its value for money, great customer service, and simple claims and efficient refunding process.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Emma, appreciate the review and so glad we are able to consistently help with your vet care costs.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance is GREAT AAAA++++

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

We are very happy with our policy and the claim process was fair,we know our much loved pet is covered for the things we have no control over,very happy customer.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear we have met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the review Gran.

Insurance claim made

Easy to claim and quite quick payment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I like that the vet can claim it for me and I just wait the money to come in. The customer service people are very helplful.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

It is definitely a help when your vets can send it in for you, especially when it is your first time claiming as they have the full vet history. This will definitely save you time collecting all the info. Thank you for the review Helena

Insurance claim made

One of the better pet insurances.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

One of the fairest polices for pet insurance and I do feel good value for money. Easy to arrange friendly and helpful staff. Easy to access help on line or by a phone call. I would not be without pet insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

So glad we were able to assist Jacquie. Thanks for sharing.

Quick claim processing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

A Good quick turn around of the claim and fair assessment. Process was easy to follow and cheque arrived in the mail within a few days

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Felicity. We are happy to hear that claims are being turned around quickly and hoping to improve further when our new claims portal comes out (around September 2018 if all goes to plan).

Very happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Good value, easy to set up. Customer support has been excellent. We made a claim as our puppy had an accident. We are happy with the amount we received back on our claim. We have reccomw Dee you to many of our friends

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review and the recommendations Sam. Glad all went well.

Very good insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

The policy is a good value,easy to set up and good customer support..Very satisfied with whole process of processing claim.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear. Thanks Jack

Excellent service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Have been a member with Bow Wow Meow for a few years now and they have been excellent. My dog has a lot of health issues and I have had to claim many times. Each time was very easy online and money was in my account within a few days. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review and recommendation Tina. It is good to hear that claim processing is easy and our service has met or exceeded expectations.

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Saved my Lilyth!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Thank you so much Bow Wow Meow for everything you did for me. I took out insurance as soon as I adopted my second cat, as I had used it previously. Sadly my baby Lilith was hit by a car in the first week I bought her home and broke her leg so bad she needed a specialist surgery. Bow Wow Meow paid out my claim and made it possible for me to do everything possible for my little girl! Without then I don't know if I would have been able to pay the bills over $7000! Only insurance company I trust!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Ellie, sorry to hear about Lilyth - we certainly hope she has recovered. Thank you for the review.

1 of 70 pages

If my dog has had an operation previously for a burst disc, will it still be covered? It was not degenerative, but another dog fell on him.

Karen E asked on Jun 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Karen, your dog will be covered for everything in the PDS, except for conditions that relate back to the burst disc (as this would be deemed a pre-existing condition).

Hello. If i go to the vet whilst waiting say how does that work? And say if hypothetically he has a pre condirion ?

Belinda asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Belinda, I am not sure I understand your first question. However, if your pet has a pre-existing condition, then we won't be able to cover it when you take out a policy. Note: if there are no signs of that condition whilst being insured with us for a period of 18 months, then you can apply to get the pre-existing condition waived.

Whats the success rate?

Hi there, is hip dysplasia covered by the policy?

Julie asked on Mar 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Julie, I seemed to overlook this question - my apologies. To answer your question; Yes, hip dysplasia is covered under our Accident & Illness policy (it is not covered under the Accident Only policy).

See all 128 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance