Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Beyond and above customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

The customer service is fantastic. Very prompt action on our claim.
It made the very sad situation with our dog a lot less stressful. Thank you. I would highly recommend Bow Wow Meow Insurance to pet owners.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Barney, appreciate the review and glad we could assist.

Just some feedback on the portal. It's very easy to use, however when a claim has been lodged and processed it either says paid or not. It would be good to see the actual amount of the refund so i... read more »

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Highly recommend BWM Pet Insurance. Great value, easy to set up and very easy to make a claim. All my claims have been paid within 3 working days!! Amazing!! Thank you

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Megan

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

We could not have provided so much care for our little girl without this insurance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I feel the policy premiums were affordable in most budgets.
The policy was extremely easy to set up - even for me!
The Customer Support was the best part of the whole experience. The team are kind, helpful,caring & take the time you need to understand any answers to questions you may have. They are also so easy to understand at a time where you could be very stressed &/or sad.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Michelle. We are glad that we met or exceeded expectations.

Recommeneded

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Policy is good value, particularly, if you have an unlucky dog like mine (bee sting, grass seed up nose, broken tail), that's over $1200 refunded. The customer service is excellent. I recommend speaking to someone when signing up to clarify caveats in the policy (if like me you can't be bothered to read the Product disclosure statement), they are very upfront with this information, and it's important to know.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Becky, thank you for the review. Glad we could assist.

Efficient online claim service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

The online claim service was simple, clear to follow, and addressed in a timely manner.
Past interactions with Customer Service were of an acceptable standard.
The policy was set up many years ago and so no comment is relevant in this review.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Insurance claim made

Quick responses and always easy to deal with!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Our puppy broke his leg within a few weeks of our policy being confirmed and Bow Wow Meow made a very stressful process incredibly simple. The prompt response time with refunds and claims was HUGELY appreciated and support were always very easy to deal with. Thanks Bow Wow Meow!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

You are welcome Daniela. Thank you for the review. Glad we could assist! We wish your pup a speedy recovery.

• 17 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 11 answers
  • 92 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Very happy with turnaround times during festive season

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Submitted a claim during peak season as my dog was ill. I was so shocked on how quick and easy the process was. Completed the form and had Vet sign it and wallah within a week the money was refunded. I honestly didn’t think it was going to be straightforward and so quick. Please do not think twice and select this company, I’m glad I did.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Unhappy66, we are really happy that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the feedback. Have a great New Year.

Insurance claim made

Excellent service - couldn't fault them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Have been a member for 5.5 years and never had an issue with claiming. Recently had a $2500 bill and received $2000 back within 4 days. Couldn't recommend more highly!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Rachel. Good to see that it went smoothly and quickly.

Pet Insurance - well worth the investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

Up until now we have not had any health issues with our dog but as he is getting older there are some health concerns. This has resulted in our using our health insurance and Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance has been very helpful, prompt and provided good communication. I am not the most technically savvy person but the online claim process is easy to follow and it was all done in a matter of minutes. I thank them for being there when we needed them the most (to steal another insurance company's mantra!!)

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thank you for the review Felicity. It is great to hear that the online portal made it easy and that we were there for you.

Insurance claim made

Bow Wow is a great pet insurance company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

I have recently made my firstclaim with BowWow , Once l provided all of my pets vet history my claim was processed very quickly. I am very happy with my policy and have recommended it to friends.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear Vic s. Appreciate the review and the recommendations.

Pain free claim process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Setting up the policy with Bow Wow Meow originally was quick and simple but I was a little nervous when I recently had to make my first claim. I was pleasantly surprise however when the claim portal was straight forward and stepped me through the process in no time. I received confirmation that my claim was being evaluated and approx. 2 weeks later received the reimbursement in the mail. Quicker than I thought!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great Sue. Thank you for the review.

Insurance claim made

Excellent Pet Insurance Provider.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

My pet insurance policy has provided excellent value over the past 12 months.When I set up my Policy many years ago it was super easy process.
Excellent support has always been given when required
Highly recommend this Insurer.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Brock, appreciate the review and glad your claims experience was a good one.

Great insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

My dog got very sick at 12 months of age. Bow Wow Meow were great in processing claims in a prompt manner. Great customer service and I would highly recommend them.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Always good to get a recommendation for good service. Thanks Sarah

Great Pet Insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Have been with Bow Wow Meow for several years and our claims have been handled with speed and efficiency.
Certainly would recommend Bow Wow Meow to anybody that required pet insurance.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear that your claims have always been processed efficiently. Thanks for the review Derby

Best Insurance ....Best Value......Best Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I was with a different insurer previous and wasn't happy. Changed to Bow Wow 4yrs ago and haven't had a problem...They are Fast and efficient on claims...Value for Money...Would recommend to anyone....And I have....Well done Bow Wow Meow!!!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review and for recommending us Julie B!

Insurance claim made

We had hassle free claim experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

We have had a very positive experience with Bow Wow Meow. Claims were handled efficiently.
It is very easy to deal with Customer support. The policy is good value for money.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Raja

Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

My chains have been handled with speed and efficiency. I am mire that happy with my choice of insurance company and have no hesitation to recommend Bow Wow to anyone who wants great cover for their pet.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Great to hear it has gone well. Thanks Ellie

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Years of consistently honoured claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

We’ve likely gotten back in claims more than we’ve paid in monthly costs for this insurance over the last 3 to 4 years. Highly recommended, efficient, no messing about, good stuff.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for the review M & S. It is good to hear that we have consistently honored claims in an efficient manner.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Glad we took out a policy after adopting our doggos

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

We recently adopted two older dogs and decided we should get pet insurance and after reading many reviews and phone calls to discus the different policy's we decided to go with bow wow meow with the full cover. After only having the dogs a few months one of them was admitted to emergency care after becoming praralised in her back legs. It was a very stressful time and of course we were worried about money and if the insurance would cover her condition which thankfully it did. The claims process was was fairly straightforward lodging it all online but it did take longer then expected and I found I was making many calls chasing the progression of the claim. Because we had only just adopted the dog we didn't have any medical history other then what the rescue had provided but we were asked for more history which didn't exist, after a few phone calls and providing an adoption certificate we were told they would cover the claim to our relief. Everyone I spoke to was very helpful and friendly but I felt like there was a lack of communication between departments.

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Hi Sarah, thank for the feedback. Apologies for the run around regarding the vet history. We do need to make it clearer that all we need is an adoption certificate in the case of no history. Glad it worked out in the end...

I recommend Bow Wow to all my pet-loving friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Really rates for a big dog like our American Bulldog, Brisket. With all of the issues that might arise from owning a larger breed, it's lovely to know that we can take him to our preferred vet, have excellent care and then not have it cost the earth! We've made 2 claims in the last year and both times, they've been honoured with minimum fuss. Simple online monitoring of the claim means that in my busy work life, I can quickly check on progress - no waiting on the phone.
Some quick advice - for first-time claimers like us, we didn't know that we had to submit the vet's consultation notes so the claim took longer. This may be good to outline to new policy holders when they make their first claim.

Thanks Bow Wow!

Comments
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Official

Thanks for sharing Megs. We are glad we could be of help to you.

1 of 60 pages

If you pay for a years premium in advance what happens if the dog dies in the mean time how much refund will i get? Teresa Leigh

Teresa asked on Jan 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi Teresa, you will receive a refund on the balance. For example, if you are halfway through the policy period, you will receive approximately 50% of the premium back.

Hi! I am looking for insurance for my 1 year old puppy. While I am impressed by the 4 star rating from 1186 reviews, I would like to review your PDS as well. Where can I find it? Lynnette

Lynnette asked on Jan 04, 2018

Answer this

Hi Lynette, this can be found on our site. Please go to https://bowwowinsurance.com.au/forms-brochures/ and click on policy booklet.

Hi there, I have a miniature long haired dachshund and was wondering if in the case one day she injures her back badly and needs surgery if it will be covered? Some other insurance companies said they don't cover it as this is more common in dachshunds.

elisem asked on Jan 01, 2018

Answer this

Hi elisem. Yes, provided this is not a pre-existing condition, it would be covered under the Accident & Illness policy (Comprehensive and Major Medical Policies). We do not have breed specific conditions.

See all 123 questions about Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance