Great remedy for skin infections! But hard to find.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I have used that other Aussie Paw Paw ointment for years. Works great, but Brauer's works much better, having twice the concentration of fermented paw paw. Better still it has all natural ingredients; NO petroleum jelly. It smells great, feels wonderful on the skin and works BETTER on my skin infections than prescription antibiotics. I love this product. When you look for this product you will be unable to read the BRAUER name on the label, it is so small. Look for the words PAW PAW (large) with PETROCHEMICAL FREE and NATURAL OINTMENT above and below PAW PAW in medium size letters.

Newcastle, NSW

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Love this Paw Paw

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I had used another Paw Paw ointment for uears until I discovered this. I love the smell, my partner didnt at first and now loves it. I love the feel of it. I purchased the tub and it wasn't too hard or too soft. My son gets a really red and itchy nose around Spring, the skin starts flaking off and scabbing as he's scratching it constantly. This Paw Paw ointment he has told me fixes it straight away. It soothes and eases redness. We use it on nappy rash, sores when the kids hurt themselves, dry lips, even on our dogs leg as he constantly bites a sore on there. We could not be without it now. I do understand some people may not like the smell, but I guess you can smell before you purchase :)

Byron Bay

• 2 helpful votes

Have tried them all.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I had to use Steroid cream for years, for a rash (side-effect of my medication). the rash went away after a few days of using this ointment& it continues to keep the rash in check.

Purchased at: Amcal

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Great for eczema

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

I've been trying to avoid using cortisone creams as much as I can with my 2 kids. I randomly selected this product to use on my son's upper lip area which was red and chaffed. I was amazed after one application as the skin started to improve. My son likes the smell and it doesn't sting. I bought a tube originally and the oil does seperate which is very messy. I now just buy the tub and haven't had this problem. I mainly use it overnight and it does calm the eczema down with regular application.

Private message

Quite disappointing when using this product

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2015

I purchased this because Lucas Paw Paw ointment was not available.
Upon using this, the ointment has the oil is not mixed in consistently. You get the paw paw in the middle, and then a layer of runny oil. I've tried shaking & mixing the ointment, but still very oily.

Only reason for 2 stars, is I quite like the smell of it.

• 234 comments
  • 185 questions
  • 2953 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

reasonable product

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2015

I think I have bought this product before it a little tube form / it's easy to put on though very greasy and takes a few days to work properly / I would recommend it though

Amazing stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2014

This product works wayyy better than my prescription ointments for eczema ever have (i've had eczema since i was a baby; now in my 20s) and i dont feel afraid to use it because i know it doenst have the potential to negatively affect my skin like the prescription ointments being used daily. I cant wait to try this for nappy rash when my new bub comes along. I reckon it smells great and leaves my skin smooth. When the eczema on my hands was out of control this paw paw has been the only product that worked; i wish i discovered it before i spent so much money on other paw paw products, prescription/over-the-counter medicines and natural products. It really is God Sent!! Usually one application clears it all up!!!! Best to put on at night to let it soak into the skin.

+ Lasting effect, highly nutritious for the skin, skin becomes soft and healthy

- Firm when cold but spreads really easily when the heat gets to it, leaves oily residue on things

Brisbane

• 2 answers

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2014

After reading rave reviews about this product I purchased a tub to use as a barrier cream at nappy change.It was rock hard and smelled disgusting.Impossible to spread on baby's bottom or use as a lip balm.unless I got a bad batch I cannot understand what all the hype is about,

- Rock hard and disgusting smell.

Hobart

Best Paw Paw ointment out there

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2014

I got given a tube of this as a gift last year on my birthday and I've been hooked ever since. The ingredients are heaps better than with any other brands of paw paw. As my friend pointed out to me when she offered it to me, paw paw is not at the bottom of the ingredients list! This ointment heals quickly most skin problems, the whole family uses it.

+ Works great, smells divine, very good ingredients.

- so popular that the shelf is often empty, have to really stock up when they are available for sale at the pharmacy

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Amazing - actually contains Paw Paw and no nasty petrochemicals.....not like Lucas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2012

I have been trying to find a Paw Paw lip balm without all those petrochemicals. I cant believe Lucas is basically Vaseline, but a friend in the know told me. when I checked I found it also has pretty much no Paw Paw

So when I came across this in Chemist Warehouse I thought great. It smells great, feels great and goes on beautifully - it even has Shea butter and honey.

Fantastic

+ Smells amazing, great packaging

- Nothing - just hard to find - I found it in Chemist Warehouse, but I have since found it in other chemists

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 5 helpful votes

It's God sent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2012

This product is the ultimate cure for my 6 months son's eczema. My son started having eczema when he was 2 months old on his face and neck. We tried many creams, from steroids (hydrocortisone and Advantan ointment) QV, Aveeno, Mustela, Curash to J&J, none of them are suitable to my son. Some of them even made his skin even worse. We also tried Lucas Paw Paw but my son's skin seems sensitive to the petrochemicals contained in the Lucas Paw Paw. Until we tried to put Brauer Paw Paw we can see his face improved with 1-2 hours immediately after the application. Redness has disappeared and skin become softer and moisturised. He even sleeps much better with scratching the dry and itchy skin caused by eczema.

+ Effective and inexpensive, all natural ingredients and non-irritating

Purchased at: Chemist Warehouse

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 18 helpful votes
Private message

Great baby stocking stuffer or baby shower gift

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2011

I have been including this in my my baby showers gifts and the reaction is always 'OH WOW'. My friends love using a natural formulation that works and smells great.

Nice ingredients: Paw paw of course, honey, shea butter & vitamin e

The packaging looks pretty cute on their nappy change stations too!

+ Nice smell, effective results, no petrochemicals, nice packaging

- Sometime a little difficult to find stores that stock it

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

my skin is very sensitive with petroleum product and its uneven color. I use this all over my face at night ( very thin layer) and I use on my lips too. Now my face and lips are all pretty. No more... read more »

Where do i buy this product from please as I have dermatitis? - cheers

brian asked on May 02, 2015

Answer this

A lot of chemist seem to have them otherwise you can order direct from the Brauer website.

Howdy - I asked this question then remembered that I bought some before though I couldn't remember which chemist I bought it from / I will look out for the product to possibly buy it that's if I can afford it at the time - anyway thanks again - cheers

Can I use this product on my dog who has itchy skin Thanks

Dana asked on Oct 04, 2013

Answer this

I'd certainly try - it worked a treat on my niece who had bad ecemea

Yeah you could probably try putting the cream on your dog though be prepared to have very greasy fingers

I have just purchased your pawpaw ointment but. When i try to squeeze it out a clear liquid pours out and a dry ointment. Is this how it is supposed to be? Robyn

robyn asked on Sep 10, 2013

Answer this

Howdy - probably not / when I bought my packard it was totally just a paste / there is probably something wrong with it / either call up the manufacturer or go back to the shop you bought it from - cheers

See all 4 questions about Brauer Paw Paw Ointment