This product has been discontinued by Braun.

Worthless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

This machine seemed to be good but broke down on the 4th time I used it, for grinding cheese, no heavy duty. Also in my case it was the little plastic connection between motor shaft and grinder shaft. Very bad and cheap construction. Will never buy a Braun again. I could not take advantage of the warranty because from Denmark I brought the appliance to Africa.

• 74 helpful votes
Private message

One of the best kitchen gadgets I own!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2013

I have a lot of gadgets, but this has to be one of the best. At a basic level it's a fantastic stab mixer - stick it in a pot of soup and it will be blended in no time (the wand is metal so you can use it in hot liquids). Use it to puree baby food, or make a quick milkshake in the supplied plastic cup (or use your own bowl or jug). I also use it to smooth my homemade cheese sauce - right in the jug! However, there is so much more you can do with it! The supplied mills (small and large) are great for chopping. I use mine to cut up onion and vegetables to put in pasties, or zucchini slice. You can use the big chopper to quickly blend up some glace icing (icing sugar, milk and little bit of butter) or even shortcrust pastry. I also make a quiche mix in it (eggs, cream and pamesan cheese) then pour straight from the jug into the pastry cases. The small chopper is good for herbs or a small quantity of onion or to beat an egg or two. It also has an ice shaver which we rarely use but is great for parties. The Braun also comes with a whisk. If you are tossing up between this and a food processor I'd say it depends on what sort of cooking you do. This product won't slice or grate and doesn't come with a dough blade. But if you blend, puree or chop then this is product for you! It's also much easier to clean than a food processor and is simple to store. You can get replacement parts from Braun, I use mine several times a day and it has lasted well. My first one started to crumble after about 6 years of very heavy use.

+ Strong, versatile, reliable, easy to clean, makes life easier in the kitchen

- I wish Australia would sell the models available overseas with slicing / shredding disc attachments.

Purchased at: Myer

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 13 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2012

The most useful kitchen gadget that I have. I haven't chopped an onion since I bought it. I can use it for almost every recipe I have. Great for onion, garlic, ginger when you don't want the smell on your hands or juice in your eyes! I love it even more now that I have a baby on solids - I use the wand to puree just about anything. It sure beats a lot of kitchen things where you need to pull heaps of things apart to clean it - it's very simple to clean and I couldn't speak more highly of this product. Great for pumpkin soup too!

+ Awesome little mixer that can cut everything up for you - even processes food from finely chopped to grated. The wand and the whisk are great.

- Nothing at all. I even bought my mum one.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Williamstown, VIC

• 2 answers
  • 96 helpful votes
Private message

A reliable multiuse kitchen appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2012

Chops, purees, mixes, whips, and shaves ice - a great multi use kitchen gadget!
The handheld stick, whisk and the tall and short bowls with cutting pieces allow for a multitude of uses!
I also like the turbo function.

+ Many uses and included pieces

- Stainless steel handheld mixer means you can't use it in nonstick pans/pots

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 11 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2011

Have been using for 7 years. Now it makes a bit noise, I suppose the cover does not attach the blade very well now. Can't blame it. From chopping onion to chop/paste garlic and ginger or making pesto what not. Love the blender. I can use it anywhere straight in the pot or dish. That was very handy when my daughter started solids. In no fuss it'll puree and cleaning is sooo easy. Absolutely love it for everyday use.

+ Quick and handy. Does it's job very well. Love the blender

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Looks good but is it?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2011

I have bought 2 of these units because they are great to use and I love how the blades are steel. unfortunately for me though, in both cases of purchasing the product the actual little plastic cogwheel inside the hand held piece broke.
I now have two bowls with the blades, that I do use all the time. I think the product is good but perhaps I was just extra unlucky!
the replacement cost a bit over $50. I haven't bothered to replace teh latest handheld piece. I think i might look at another brand!

+ Fast, efficient, and easy to clean.

- Handheld component broke twice.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I think I've had a similar problem - The black plastic cog has a D hole but that has been stripped to an O. Braun repairer says they no longer supply the cog. I've complained to the distributor.

I have owned my Braun Mr5000 for 8 years. I have used it daily over that time for every thing. It has only now just broken. The little white bit inside split, then the black inner shaft burred. Loved it want another.

• 1 answer
  • 29 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2009

I really love yhis machine, when i melted the bowl in my dishwasher (not long after i got it)it was replaced no questions!!

+ Powerful quick and easy. Minibowl is very handy if u dont want to get a large processor.

- On my older model u can only put in topshelf of dish washer. After about 12 years my mini bowl has cracked but I have absolutely punished it making pesto.It really owes me nothing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney, NSW

• 1 comment
  • 113 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2008

This is one of the most useful and worthwhile kitchen gadgets around. The unit is powerful and can even crush ice! It can do everything a standard blender can do but a lot easier. The stainless steel shaft is also good as it is not susceptible to staining. The chopper attachment is so handy. I can do small jobs without having to pull out the food processor. It is very easy to clean. You really can't go wrong with this. Highly recommended.

+ Easy to use, easy to clean,very versatile

- Can be difficult to find storage for all the accessories

• 33 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2008

I love mine - it's my most used gadget after the kettle. I use the stick blender often for blending soups. I just put it strait in the saucepan to blend the whole pot of soup, it does a fantastic job. I use the chopper barrel for pureeing baby foods and chopping onions and other vegies for recipes that call for grating, and it work really well. The whisk is fantastic for whipping cream

+ Variable speeds
Turbo option
Attachments dishwasher safe
Does most things a blender or food processor would do, but much smaller and easier to clean.

- Wall holder only holds the blender handle it does not provide any storage for the attachments so you have to store them elsewhere and the risk getting lost.