Line: Very Small (For Dogs 2 - 4.5kg)

Bravecto almost killed my dog liver damage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

24 hours after forcing my dog to eat the tablet he began shaking. He also could not keep food or water down. I took him to the vet. Diagnostic studies revealed highly elevated liver values at over 1500. After a week and a half of antibiotic and liver medicine therapy as well as trying a variety of foods he finally showed some signs of recovery. He no doubt has permanent liver damage, but at least is still alive. Skinny as heck but alive.

Line: Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

Brilliant. No ticks in eighteen months. No side effects.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

No side effects at all. He has been on it since we got him as a puppy eighteen months ago. Never had a tick or fleas. He swallows the tablet easily. It’s so easy! And it works.

Line: Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

Second summer using Bravecto and I'm ok with it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

This is my 2nd time using this and so far the fleas are cut down... And believe me they were bad!... My pups... Both A pitty mix.... Are still itchy from residual flea bites... But as i comb them i see NO fleas! Yes they both have dry flaky skin but good baby shampoo. As per vet advice... Soothes the itch... So far so good!

Cardinal

• 1 helpful vote

Never again!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

My first warning should have been that both my dogs spit it out, a few times, before eventually taking it. Both had severe adverse reactions requiring vet care. (Lethargic, extremely severe projectile loose stools, tremors, accelerated heart rates, loss of appetite). My Hound mix reacted more than my Shep mix but both needed antibiotics. I must say that the company did pay for some of my vet bill and blood work needed for the Hound. I would never take a toxic product that lasts 3 months in my body and definitely never will again for my boys. The vet told me to never use this on either dogs. It took them a couple months to be back to normal (on the surface, who knows if any permanent damage was done). And their annual shots were delayed a few months as well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Doesn’t work for fleas

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I’ve been using this product for 2 years. My dog has never had any ticks, but now has fleas. I am so upset! I give him this medicine thinking that it’s the best coming from the vet to prevent this problem but nope apparently not.

Terrible product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

I bought the three month dew for both of my dogs, luckily neither have gotten sick like plenty of the other reviews i saw. Even though they didn’t get sick the chews just don’t work, it’s been about a week but they still have fleas maybe worse than they did. Very very upset since I spent about 100 dollars for the 2 doses.

Line: Small (For Dogs 4.5 - 10kg)

Not as good as I'd hoped

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

We are on our second round of this med for our 5 dogs. At least 3 of them are still itching and I find fleas when I brush them. I thought the itchy skin was from a chicken allergy but now not so sure.

Does not last 12 weeks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I used this on my German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd, worked good for 30 days then my dogs became infested with fleas. You PAY for 12 weeks but you only get protection for 30 days! I am furious because now I have to go buy Comfortis (that actually works the duration it says) and dose them on top of the bravecto after having spent all that money. Ridiculous. Also... my dogs are indoor pets, they go out to potty and that's it, they never get left in a yard or anything, and they are infested. Do not waste your money.

Line: Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

Dog has fleas on Bravecto and severe dry itchy skin that required a vet visit with prescription!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

My dog has horribly dry itchy skin and a few fleas as well. We had to take him to the vet to get medication for the hot spots caused by all his itching. He is just itching non stop. There have been no other side affects from this garbage but we are now trying Simparica and I have ordered fish oil for my dogs itchy skin. Poor baby.

Line: Very Large (For Dogs 40 - 56kg)

Dry skin

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

I gave to 2 of my dogs and after 3 weeks they are itching like they have fleas, except no fleas just really dry skin.

Line: Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

Does the Job & My dogs Love the taste!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

I used this product for my 2 Pitbulls no side effects and they love the taste. I have not ever heard of a side effect from this product and I'm pretty familiar with it. Very concerning on this page all the bad reviews. Bravecto should deff. look into this!

Bravecto I'm shooting my self

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I do not like this medication I gave my dog the medication 5 days later she got very ill didn't want to use her hind legs I started detoxing her didn't give her the detox medicine for 2 days she started having bloody stool and is sick I do not recommend this medication at all and I am so upset at my vet for not allowing me or telling me that this medicine was not good I think there needs to be a lot more investigation with this medication poor doggies are dying

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

My husband bought this from the vet he said it was guaranteed it did not work on my dog she has scratched her little body until it is red and bleeding I need something that works I am scared to give her anything else she only weighs 8 pounds but she needs something that works.

Do not buy this product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

My multipoo is sick. No eating keep sleeping vomit diahria. It has been more than 3 days.. no improvement. My mistake would kill my sweet one? Do not buy this poison!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Line: Very Large (For Dogs 40 - 56kg)

Bravecto is NOT good!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

My 7 year old malinois/bovia des flanders, took oral Bravecto. After a couple days she had loss of appetite. Fourth day falling around foaming at the mouth, eyes shifting back and forth, 3 days at vet on IV, antibiotics, Vit K, Platelets dropped to dangerous levels, steriods.....$1200 in and 2 1/2 months later she is still weak and not 100%. I will NEVER use this product again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Line: Medium (For Dogs 10 - 20kg)

Please do not use this product!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

My senior dog, although very active, has been showing signs of illness. Bloodwork showed elavated enzymes in his liver. He was on antibiotics for several weeks, and I was having bloodwork done every 3 weeks. On my second round of bloodwork, his numbers were dropping, not much but headed in right direction. The vet suggested a specialist to do an ultrasound on him. There was no cancer found, or any other concerns, so she suggested I continue with his antibiotics. I asked if he could take his now due Bravecto, and she said yes. When I had his bloodwork done again 3 weeks later, his enzymes were thru the roof! He hasn’t been eating well, and seems to sleep much more. Although he is 12, he was very active & healthy until now. I believe the increased enzymes in his liver, and current medical condition is contributed to this insecticide I gave to him! This breaks my heart! I was trying to take care of him, and now I feel like I am killing him with this poison!

I am so scared...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I gave this to my 3 labs, ages 3,5,7... within 4 hours my 5 year old vomited, has been panting, restless and very agitated. It is now 2 am and I'm frantic..

• 1 helpful vote

Avoid!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Gave my dog seizures, he finally quit having these after about a year. The vet didn’t believe me, but he had never had issues before. He’s healthy now, and I’m lucky! A lot of dogs have died from this nasty stuff.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Doesn't work, itching

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

We had to put our dog on a flea and tick control before she went to her trainer while we went on vacation. We have been back now for a week and our poor Lab itches all the time. I wish we had done the Frontline Plus like we usually do, it also kills mites. I wonder if she has mites? I haven't seen any ticks or fleas but the flea comb won't go through her coat. I won't use again. Hope she doesn't get sick.

Does not work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

I bought this for my two terrier mixes. I woke up to a tick crawling on me. I checked my dogs the next day and both had fleas. Do not buy this. I am going back to Simperica.

1 of 16 pages

I have a six year old kelpie cross he is very healthy vet wants us to swap to Bravecto These reviews are frightening. Vet says there were issues in past but product is good now. Is this correct ?? Love my dog so much so want to research before I give him something. Thanks

Hetti asked on Aug 21, 2018

Answer this

Our dog has had Bravecto every three months since we got him as a ten week old puppy. He is a labradoodle/bearded collie cross. He has never had a tick or a flea... and has never had any adverse reaction to Bravecto.

Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

How long does Bravecto stay in the dogs system after administration? If it is effective for 3 months, when exactly will there be 0% of this drug remaining in the dogs system?

Janet Ainscow asked on Jun 23, 2018

Large (For Dogs 20 - 40kg)

How do I get this OUT of my Dog's system FAST?!

Jessica S asked on May 26, 2018

Answer this

I wish I could tell you but I don’t know. I know that on the Facebook page “Does Bravecto kill...” there are files with natural remedies. One says something about some kind of charcoal. I was too afraid to try anything else. Wish you luck.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.