On October 21, 2015 Breville Pty Ltd issued a recall on the Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 white lid gasket from units with production date codes 1034 through to 1511. Consumers who have the Fast Slow Cooker in their possession should contact Breville customer service to arrange for a replacement gasket kit to be sent to them, free of charge. Please call 1300 727 424 or email recall@breville.com.au for further assistance. Read more on the official Breville site: http://www.breville.com.au/recall

This item has been replaced by the newer Breville BPR700

Willaston

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Use it nearly everyday fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Food tastes great, can use cheaper cuts of meat..so tender . Multifunction so easy to use . If only the timer counted down ..would be better but despite that so easy to use ,clean and store. The slow cook feature is good and it has a large Capacity. Great for quick no fuss risotto.

Purchased at: Harris Scarfe

Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Absolutely Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I have never used a pressure cooker in my life but I needed an oven so I thought I would buy one and cross my fingers. Some of the reviews almost scared me off but I thought what the heck. I grabbed some old flank steak and thought I would give it a whirl. After following the instructions (bit confusing) but I did have a couple of wines beforehand. It came out with so much flavour and tender I was sold immediately. Next night I gave it a go with a whole chook and using the recipe in the book that came with it. It came out as good as the webber chicken we usually do but in a fraction of the time. I really do love it. Once I get used to what Im doing it will be even better. Shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it. Thank you Breville!

Purchased at: Target Australia

Kirrawee

• 5 questions
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Amazing - it’s my kitchen companion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I love my breville Fast Slow Cooker - had it 18 months now and use it 1-2 times a week
More in winter - pressure cooking gives tender meat that normally takes hours and hours - I use it mainly for curries and whole chickens - lots of recipes online too and yountube tutorials - it’s by far the best thing in my kitchen - also does risotto perfectly and rice
And the pot in pot method is a game changer
Cook a casserole or whatever below and rice cooks up top in steamer in any oven proof
Bowl. - 10/10

Port Lincoln

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

another excellent machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Simple easy to use made of long lasting quality materials was going to buy a cheaper machine but this is the better designed cooker in its class use it to make soups for the jobsite
programmed recipes are good too happy with this model would recommend to anyone another quality breville product

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2015

What can’t this machine do?!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

We bought this machine on recommendation to a slow cooker. And aren’t we glad we did. We use this machine at least 5-6 times a week. As you can brown the meat and then add sauce to pressure cook, I use this to cook dinner while I head out to pick up the kids.
Cooks rice in no time at all. Makes the best risotto! We’ve slow cooked lamb overnight to get a 12hr cooking time. It’s wonderful. So much so, my whole family now own one!

• 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2013

Use this every day for most meals!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

This is my first ever pressure cooker or slow cooker. I can find a use for this every day, even just to steam rice. It is so simple and robust. Being a combined fast and slow cooker is brilliant becuae you can pressure cool and then leave on slow cooker function to further renderer. I would maybe prefer a finer timer for the slow cooker, which only has 6h or 8h, but that is no way a deal breaker.
An excellent entry point if you haven't used these appliances before.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Perfect slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Am so happy with this product I purchased recently.I discovered food cooked in slow cooker taste much much better than oven baked or stove cooked foods. The slow cooker as it's name suggests slowly cooks food and reserves all nutrients. After using the slow cooker it is easy to clean and store.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Great for making Soup and Indian Lentil Curries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

This is a great product with many different options for making different types of soups/meals. I use it to make soups and Indian lentil curries and the result is amazing. It takes little time to cook and you can choose various options to make different types of soups/stews. Would definitely recommend this product.

Purchased at: Target Australia

belconnen

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2011

Excellent slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Having own many slow cookers over the years I wanted to try pressure cooking. Obviously all my talk worked and i got one as present. Excellent cooker and I love that i can saute the meats first in the unit without having to use a separate pan. Hit and miss on the pressure cooker but expect that was more about the recipes rather than the cooker. Was looking at the new model as an upgrade but this one is still strong going 6-7 years on.

WOOLLOONGABBA

• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Fantastic time saver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

We mainly use it for the pressure cooker function and the results are awesome! We have cooked ribs that are falling off the bone in 40 minutes which would take overnight in a regular slow cooker! The food comes out identical to slow cooker in our opinion. Works great for cooking beans too! Absolutely great value for money and something we use every single day.

Essendon North, Victoria

• 7 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 29 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Very good product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I've had this pressure/slow cooker for ages now and it's still working like a dream, it's a very versatile unit with many options but has a simple easy to use interface. I've mainly used the pressure cooker and slow cooker options and every meal I've made has turned out exactly as expected.

Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Loved this

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Instructions instructions instructions!

Make sure you read them before you handle the cooking with a pressure cook. The product is simple to use and it's safe as long as you follow the guidebook. It also tells you how long it takes to cook with a pressure cook comparing to use a traditonal oven - it saves heaps of time!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I am so surprised to read the negative reviews on here. I purchased our slow/pressure cooker about a year ago and have no regrets at all. I bought it based on recommendations from 3 different friends and family members who have the same model and love it. In fact, the only reason I came on here was to look it up to recommend the model to another friend. I wonder if some people leaving negative reviews are expecting too much from it? It doesn't work magic, it just cooks your food for you! But it's easy to use, quick and straight forward.

Purchased at: Myer

deception bay

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: May 2016

best slow cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

Bought this electric/ slow/pressure 3months at myer store in north lakes go best thing ever very happy with it a bit sceptical first bought a Breville product before it was not so good but this slow cooker is fantastic credit where it is due thanks Breville it cooks great stews and wonderfull rissotos great machine

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Arnie - that's great news, thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Almost Unfaultable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

Bought this machine almost 3 years ago. Have used it extensively to cook a variety of different meals. Main use is for slow cooking steak.
After reading others reviews, especially about explosions, I can only imagine that their particular machine/part was faulty or they had inserted the gasket and/or holder incorrectly. I have never had an issue with that at all.
Only complaint I do have is that the machine has started giving me an error code, and after consulting the user manual, there isn't any information about the actual problem, just states that I need to contact Consumer Service, which I have done and am awaiting a response.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Wopa don't hesitate to try customer service again on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Very good machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

Very happy with this pressure cooker. Performs very well, i made a beef stew with it and in 30 minutes the beef was so tender. There isn't really anything I can fault it on. I also love that it has a searing function, it really is the ultimate one-pot cooker.

Purchased at: Betta Home Living

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Chrissy13 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

It cooks the best risotto. It really is cooking in one appliance. No more browning on the stove top and then transferring to another pot. Flavorsome and quick. I use it at least once a week. I love how you set and forget and then i can prepare the rest of the meal without having to stand over the appliance .Money well spent!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Ant - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

My Go to Appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I purchased my Fast Slow Cooker over 2 years ago and use it at least once a week. Curries, braises, silverside all cooked to perfection, (don't even get me started on the perfect rice) I could not be happier with this product. Seal replaced in recall and I have had not a single other problem with it. I am so impressed I am purchasing another insert as mine is beginning to lose the non-stick coating.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Sheryl - sounds like you've put your Fast Slow Cooker to good use - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Morwell

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Best Buy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Recommended to me by store staff, best thing I've ever bought. Replaces at least 3 kitchen items. Easy to use and clean.
Browns, cooks and keeps warm. Love using both functions Slowcooker and pressure cooker.
Quick with great tasting results.
Would recommend this product, good price. Bought at Harvey Norman.

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Carol Huffer - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

My review is actually for the Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700. Sorry.

• 4 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Thank you for making this easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Have not looked back since owning the Breville Fast Slow Cooker - I love it!

Not once have I even considered using the slow cook function - we love casseroles & corned beef etc though are usually rushed in the mornings, it's so nice to come home and be able to have these dishes during the week in a fraction of the time.
Thank you for taking the danger out of this wonderful cooking process, trapping in all the flavour!
As it's completely sealed you may want to use a little less liquid in your casserole recipes, as none of it evaporates out of the cooker.
The customer advise line was a bit dodgy - the lady suggested not to remove the gasket which holds the rubber seal in place as it was tricky to remove when new (then I learnt how & it's easy.)
The instruction manual/ cookbook times are a bit out - in fact I thought it would work like magic and so underestimated times in the beginning, it's still a life/ time saver!
Cleaning is a breeze.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Breville Official

Hi Kath - thanks for your comments. The Breville team