Nabiac

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Time saving, flavoursome cooking, Money saving long term.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I purchased this multi cooker recently and I am very happy with it. I could have purchased cheaper models that are probably as good, however this is the only one with a baked on ceramic bowl, I did not want aTeflon coated bowl.

The Philips Multi cooker has a stainless steel bowl that can be bought direct from Philips separately, however the store staff at Harvey Norman, Bing Lee, The Good Guys etc, had no knowledge of it.
This one took me a few days to work out how to use it because none of these cookers come with a decent manual or cook book, the recipe book is absolutely minimal, however if you are patient you will work it out.

The food tastes great, I love the sear feature to brown the meat before pressure cooking or slow cooking it.
Over all I am very happy with this product.

Whyalla

• 5 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love it so much, I bought another one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I don’t know how we functioned in the kitchen before we purchased our first Breville Slow Pro. Within two weeks, I wanted another one, and Harvey Norman gladly got another unit in for us. The question is, “What don’t I cook in my Brevilles,” both get huge workouts every day. Easy peasy as to clean, (superior non stick) and to cook in. East Indian curry dishes are a breeze, processing quince fruit for canning is a life saver. The reduce function makes the greatest sauces. Forget about buying pizza sauce, simply reduce down a can of diced tomatoes with herbs and seasonings. I have developed so many recipes I really do need to write a cookbook specifically for these units. Boiled eggs, soups, stews, baby back ribs (omg), dog food, boiling anything, steaming anything, risotto (omg!). They cost a little more but so worth the price.

Date Purchased: May 2016

Good but could be better for the price!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

Have owned this product for some time now and have only ever used the pressure cook and saute functions which work fine. Tried the slow cooker option last week and was unpleasantly surprised. Not a very good turn out with over cooked chicken and still hard potatoes. The insert also retains smells from previously cooked foods. Never had this problem with the Breville The Flavour Maker (7L slow cooker) as it seems to cook everything evenly. Will keep trying to perfect it, just didn't expect this to happen really at a price point of $300.

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Easy to use!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

This has made life so much easier. So easy to cook meals, user friendly, and no fuss to clean. I love how I can switch to pressure cooker setting if the meal needs a little more cooking after using the slow cooker function. Makes really nice risotto, and only takes me around 10-15 minutes to make after prep time. Can't live without it!

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2017

In Stew Heaven!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Decided to upgrade from a slow cooker to a Electronic Pressure Cooker. Was keen on the Instant Pot but the limited models available for use in Australia made that a poor option. That and the need to order from UK with no local support. The Breville unit was my compromise. What I really wanted was the functionality and options of the Instant Pot with the Stainless steel pot. Wasn't to be sadly. At least the Breville has a ceramic lined aluminum pot rather that Teflon but its still not completely non-toxic unlike good Stainless steel is.

Favorite dishes we cook in this machine are Stews using Lamb Shanks or Diced Lamb. Also love doing tender 'n' juicy Chicken Beasts in it. The settings and adjustments have been easy to work out and use. No sealing issues as some have experienced just follow the instructions and all good. Does all that I need it to do. As I'm not a friend of dish washing manually have just been washing parts in dishwasher. Probably should wash pot in sink however.

A Stainless Steel pot and silicone pot lid would have pushed this up to 5 stars. I bought an Instant Pot silicone pot lid from Amazon and it fits perfectly.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jun 2012

Electric pressure cook to perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I’ve had the original version since 2012 and I’ve used the product regularly, creating some amazing dishes. The sauté function is a must and the steam and slow cook functions are bonuses.

Like all pressure cooking, there’s an art to both getting to know what can be done and learning the quirks of your machine. I’ve had a few instances where the pressure didn’t rise and it just got hot instead, but opening and adjusting the lid would fix it.

Pressure cooking is life changing- especially when it’s safe and electric. I regularly cook bolognaise sauce in 10 mins - it’s set and forget.
The 4 minute “risotto” is another favourite with the kids.

And yesterday I slow cooked beef massamum.

Great appliance - been my worthy friend for 6 years.

Purchased at: Myer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700 – review

I bought the cooker because of the ceramic lined bowl and being 6 litres
so far I have used it 2 times for chicken bone broth
and I have had no issues with anything like the seal etc

the menu takes a little bit to get used of first time
it would be nice for it to have more pressure
max is 80kpa = 11.6psi - it would be nice
if max was 110kpa = 15.9psi
it would have been good to have a stainless steel nut
instead of the aluminum nut that holds the lid on

I paid $259 from retravision

I would recommend this pressure cooker

if I have any problems later I will update

Purchased at: RetraVision

Perth

• 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Frustrating, not recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I bought this fast slow cooker last year but only used it for the first time recently. After preheating and searing, I was unable to start the pressure cooking process due to error code "lid not sealed" showing. My husband and I spent about 45 minutes adjusting the lid according to the instructions but error code kept coming up. We ended up cooking the meal in a pan on the stove. A google search shows this is a common problem experienced by other users. I rang Breville who asked me to return the item to the place of purchase. I got a credit note from Kitchen Warehouse. I would not bother with a fast/slow cooker again after this experience and reading other reviews online. Just continue cooking the conventional way.

Purchased at: Kitchen Warehouse

Kawungan

• 6 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

It was Perfect until today 30 May 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I was doing Bone broth, then a reduction & then cooking dry bean mix using Pressure.
Everything worked well until I went to pressure and then there was an electrical Brown smell ( that's the smell when electrical or electronics burn out) I called Breville & they said 1-year warranty & find your Proof of purchase.
I am a retired Electronics Engineer, so I took the thing apart & found lots of corrosion on screws & internal parts but alas not the cause of the brown smell. I would expect a lot better from Breville.
Update Sep18, Breville sent me a new cooker for $209 & I am back to being a#1 fan, I use it all the time but still keep your favourite Slow Cooker handy for those Bone Broth Times & Long Sousvide where you want long and slow for 3 days, then the Breville is available for other cooking.
No proof of purchase as it came directly from Breville

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Seals did not seal

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2018

I purchased the original Breville Fast Slow a few years ago. On the second go, the seals malfunctioned and steam escaped. My hubbie checked it several times, but could not fix it. The escaping steam continued and it's been sitting in the pantry unused since after the thrid attempt to use it. Sad as after a long process of research, I really wanted this to be my go to cooker - particularly the pressure cooker function. The store told us to bring it in, however live in a remote area, so getting it back to the store was awkward.

• 2 questions

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Not really excited about product

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

The slow cooker seems to be ok but I wanted an electric pressure cooker, this had good reviews so I bought it. The "lid not closed" message comes on so I cant use pressure cooker. I've washed it every time and wiped the rubber ring thoroughly to no avail. It is a replacement to the first which wouldn't open after cooking. It isn't very old, less than 12 months so I'm pretty disappointed.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Central Coast

• 3 comments
  • 13 answers
  • 86 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Love cooking wth this product, it has replaced my much loved Breville multi cooker!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

I got an electric pressure cooker to make life easier in the kitchen, ie faster, one pot, and safe (set and forget). I did have a stove top pressure cooker and was reluctant to use from fear of exploding something or burning. The electric takes away the fear. Even though I know they both have safety features inbuilt.

Come winter time, like many, I pull out my slow cooker, for me, this was the Breville multi cooker, which has been reliable and easy for many years. But I was looking to expand the repertoire a bit and wanted to not have to leave the slow cooker sitting running all day and potentially overcooking because I didn't get home in time.

I am a big Breville fan, most of my appliances are Breville and I have yet to need to replace any of them! That's why I chose the Breville Fast Slow Pro. But truth be told, if the Instant Pot was available in Australia, I may have deviated from my Breville loyalty for 1 function that the Instant Pot has that Breville Fast Slow Pro doesn't...the ability to sous vide.

So having bought my Fast Slow Pro, I was eager to get started and did plenty of research on recipes, (the Instant Pot craze/cult phenomenon certainly has made cooking with an electric pressure cooker look as easy as ever). I believe a must when starting to use a new style of cooking. Turns out, it's REALLY easy! It is not hard at all to find cut up, throw ingredients in the pot, set and forget. The very first stew I cooked in it, even my Mum said it was the tastiest stew she has ever eaten. To date, I've cooked stews (of course), roast beef, corned beef, soup, and chilli chicken. Have yet to try the whole chicken or "baking", but will get there. These aren't usually things I would cook anyway.

So, all in all, I think this is a very good investment for the kitchen. The food I have cooked in it so far has been tasty and easy and healthy. Yes, there are naughty things you can cook in this but cooking healthy is just that much easier.

Purchased at: Domayne

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Product died in 18 months and the repair cost is higher than the original RRP

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2018

The pressure cooker was good until it died for no reason. We used it around twice a month and cleaned it probably every time we use it. In around 18months it died without any reason. We paid another $50 to check what’s the issue and they advised us the motherboard just died and it cost more than a new one to repair it. We found it unreasonable for a product at a RRP more than $300. Breville offered small discount for replacement but no further explanation or reply in last 12days.

Update - Breville contacted me after all and we are happy with the communication with them.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

(mostly) set and forget cooking made easy, 9 month review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Short version; get it, you won't be disappointed and it will have an immediate effect on the reduction of effort in cooking meals appropriate to the device but also in the taste of your food.

Longer version
As a kitchen gageteer I wasn't sure what to expect but over the last few months it's had a major impact to my cooking. I've been heard to say, more than once, that I would never make soup stock again without a pressure cooker, and I truly stand by those words. This has with no additional effort literally added flavor to my food. In the words of Heston, smell is lost flavor and once you try cooking with a good pressure cooker you'll see that also.
Now to the device itself, so far easy enough to keep clean, settings are simple and make sense, the available setings are easy to understand without the manual and you know what the thing will do. Also it's superior (for the average person) to the stove top pressure cookers as it has many modes to release the steam afterward. Eg pulse, slow release or vent, and it makes a difference to know which one that should be used, which again you don't have to remember as the pre-built settings use the right one.

For me this replaces several kitchen gadgets, slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker and some lite steaming duties as well. So far I mostly use it for stocks, bolognese, various curries, casseroles, rice cooking (especially rice pilaf) and my version of char-sui pork (chinese red pork).

Most pressure (and slow) cooking is a bit of prep or searing of something then dump everything else in there and let it cook. That means for the most part it's a one pot cooker as you can prepare, sear, saute whatever you need in preparation, let it cook after a few button presses and a dial or two and you get great food after it's done it's Puffing Billy impression at the end of the cook. Best part the inner bowl is dishwasher safe so only a little bit of maintenance on the main part, in that you should wipe it down properly (suggest before the food dries out on the inner lid / water collector around the edge) to keep this easy.
So in all it's easy to clean, easy to cook with, and with plenty of safety features you have good peace of mind over using this thing. Highly recommended, can't live without it.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 12 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Fantastic! Much better than the Instant Pot because it has more adjustments for heating and pressure. I had a FlavorMaster for a month until it developed an E2 error and wouldn't pressurise. I got my money back from Harris Scafe. I spent hours researching and reading reviews before taking the plunge with the Breville Fast Slow Pro.

Edit (June 2018): I have had the Breville FSP for three months now and I use it once or twice a week. I would give it 6 stars if I could. It is my go-to appliance: I haven't used the gas stove since getting the Breville. It is easy to clean and the Instant Pot recipes work without modification. The Instant Pot setting for High is 80kPa on the Breville.

For my first meal I tried an Instant Pot recipe:
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (by Savory Tooth)

I used Coles Italian Passata 690g (only used half)
Coles Greek Plain Yogurt 170g
1kg Chicken breast - cubed
Only 1/4 cup cream
Tip: don't buy Coles Naan bread as it smells like paint! Terrible.
Tip 2: Cilantro is Spanish for Coriander

I put the FSP on a wooden board close to the stove with the extractor fan on.

Following the recipe, I marinated the chicken for 24 hours (really for convenience rather than super tender chicken). I saute on Med for 7 min, then added the sauce. I set the pressure to 80kPa (same as Instant Pot Hi setting) and 10 min. It took 12 minutes to preheat, 10 minutes to cook and 2 minutes to release the steam (quick release). I decanted the chicken to a glass bowl to prevent further cooking.

Note: The outside of the FSP was barely warm to the touch.

Very fragrant and very tasty meal and not TOO spicy :) An excellent introduction to this well engineered slow/pressure cooking. Congrats to the Breville designers.

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Excellent Product! *****

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

I LOVE the Fast Slow Pro! I use it once or twice a week to cook legumes, chilli, tagines, soup, stocks and more. You wouldn’t believe how yummy and creamy risotto turns out and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. I’m half Italian and a keen cook but I would never go back to cooking risotto the old fashioned way. We don’t eat a lot of meat and we still get a lot of use out of this nifty kitchen helper!

Two of my favourite dishes to cook using this appliance are a turmeric detox broth and a tortilla soup. There are plenty of recipes in the booklet provided and online. I just search for ‘instant pot’ recipes which is a similar item sold in the US.

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

OMG died and gone to heaven with this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

My old slow cooker which was very basic and used only a slow cook setting died. The bowl inside had a giant crack and I had had it for over ten years. I went online first to see what was out there and came across this model. It does EVERYTHING! You can do the normal slow cook settings but so much more. I have used this to make delicious curries using the saute and browning settings and made yummy pulled pork on the high pressure cooker setting. This is a dream machine and I would not choose anything else.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2017

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

WOW what a great product from Breville. I upgraded from a basic cheap slow cooker to this this amazing Breville fast slow pro. Everything I cook in the cooker Just turns out amazing. You can easily leave and forgot until you are ready for dinner. Its great if you feel like an easy dinner that will slow cook over time

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love my Breville!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

An amazing product which is well worth having in the kitchen.

This is a god send. Set and forget with simple recipes and you come home from a long day of work to a nice well cooked home meal.

I’ve saved so much money not eating out as much by using the breville

Abermain

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Amazing, delicious food.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

This fast/slow cooker is terrific and makes amazing food. You can put it on in the morning for perfectly cooked corned beef etc by dinner time or if you are pressed for time, use the pressure function for a fast cook which tastes just as good. It it is easy to use and is highly recommended. I got a fantastic VIP price from Harvey Norman so am very pleased with my purchase.

1 of 11 pages