Sydney

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

This is absolutely excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I had a coffee shop before with a brand new commercial machine! Unfortunately I had to close it down and couldn’t keep it for home use as it is way too big. Then, tried to find a practical home use one. I have to say this creatista is very convenient to use though the taste of coffee is very pleasant and the milk froth is very close to what I got from big machines that I can even do latte art!

gold coast

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I have just changed from a full barista type machine as i was over the mess and waste. I wanted the best POD machine on the market and I believe I have it in this machine. I couldn’t believe the quality of the milk froth !!! So much better than the milk from the Latissima. The quality and workmanship appear first class and only time will tell if it lasts like it looks. I love the adjustability of this machine and its easy to dial in the perfect coffee. I’m a bit of a coffee snob and this machine has delivered for me.. just love the ease and cleanliness of this machine .. very impressed !!!

Gold Coast Qld.

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Efficient, Stylish Machine .... Consistently Great Coffee!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Extreme satisfaction 10/10 for quality, flavour and milk texture produced by the Creatista Plus. As we enjoy 'hot' coffee, we opted for this model for the ability to adjust the 11 milk temp settings to personal preference. When making 'milk' coffees, the 8 'texture' levels allow plenty of scope for delicious froth finishes. Coupled with the vast array of Nespresso capsule grind flavours/strengths the Creatista Plus consistently delivers a perfect coffee every time. A beautifully presented, neat unit and not oversized for even a small kitchen. Following a visit to a Nespresso Boutique to compare options, we felt we made a wise choice. Luv our purchase !! Thank you Nespresso Boutique Robina Qld. Your assistance, hospitality and advice is so much appreciated.

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Large selection of coffee types

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I like the frothy milk function. I seem to go from espresso to long coffee. I cannot distinguish the flavour of the many coffee pods from Nespresso. The other coffee options like latte and capuccino look the same to me. It has a sleek design and it indicates when the steam wand needs cleaning. The instructions on the screen prompts are not clear and I resorted to the video on you tube, which did not show how I could remove this pin from the base. I resorted using my sewing needle to unblock the holes.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Makes a good coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

This coffee machine is easy to use once you get the hang of all the gadgets and makes a nice coffee. Also does a good job of foaming milk. Its an expensive purchase but if you love good quality coffee at home it might be a good buy for you

Launceston

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Excellent cuppa .... every time :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

After years of using Nespresso Pixie coffee machines (which I have been very happy with), I decided to upgrade to the Creatista Plus - the white and silver design looks terrific. Brilliant machine - love the latte, cappuccino, flat white options. Electronic dial enables speedy selection of pre-set coffee, temperature and milk froth options, which can easily be adapted to individual preferences. Good sized water container. Overall feels a good sturdy machine. Love the press out tray for small coffee cups. Initially dubious about using a wand attachment for production of decent milk froth but these fears were immediately allayed from the first use ... machine comes with a metal jug which sits atop a heat sensor, wand sits in jug, press button and behold, beautiful milk froth to suit each coffee cup option … every time. Very happy with quality of coffee produced - lovely crema, good extraction to suit coffee style, and excellent temperature. Cleaning is a breeze - love that the wand has its own automatic cleaning steam purge after each use. With machine's 3 second start up time, coffee and milk option selected, I can be sitting down with a beautiful cuppa (with the machine cleaned and ready for next use) in 1 minute. Brilliant :)

Gold coast

• 4 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Perfect coffee every time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Fabulous coffee perfect temperature coffee with crema every time. Brilliant design, great looks to suit any kitchen. Ease of use with wide range of coffee and slso chocolate capsules make this a wonderful choice for a mid rsnge c offee maker, fair price perfect coffee everytime. Negative is having to have coffee posted it is inconvenient annoying and frustrating .

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Great machine produces great coffee with nespresso capsules and also cafe quality milk. This is always something that home coffee machines struggle with but the crema with this is fantastic. You also can choose milk temperature and how creamy you would like your milk! Always great service from nespresso too!

Purchased at: Nespresso Shop

Adelaide

• 9 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

So happy I chose this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Recently purchased the Nespresso Creatista Plus by Breville, from David Jones & I am so happy that out of all of the Nespresso machines available, I chose this one!

First of all the Creatista Plus is very simple to use.

Secondly the quality & strength of the coffee tastes as good as the freshly ground espresso coffee that I previously enjoyed using a Delonghi Prima Donna Exclusive fully automatic machine and as good a quality as espresso that I’ve made in other espresso makers ( both electronic and the old fashioned stovetop type).
Produces good crema and aroma, with a beautiful rich, dark coffee pour as it should be.

The Nespresso coffee has been consistent using the various selections of Nespresso capsules that I purchased from the Nespresso website.
I’ve not used any other brand of coffee capsules, just Nespresso.

This machine doesn’t disappoint with the temperature of the milk setting either.
I have used the 1st level of the Hot setting and believe me, it is hot. I’ve not needed to turn the dial of the heat setting all the way to maximum. That was extra impressive to me!

Next, is the quality of the frothing.
Very good! Even on the lowest froth level you will get a beautiful smooth micro foam, for hot coffees such as a flat white or latte. The highest frothing setting produces a lovely thick, silky foam, perfect for cappuccino.

The temperature of the espresso coffee pour or shot, is perfect.
Just a note: You wouldn’t add cold milk to this. If you’re wanting to include milk.. use the milk jug and frothing setting :)

I decided on the Breville brand for my Nespresso machine because I was let down terribly with my previous and very expensive Delonghi machine which died after 10 months & required fixing.
I wasn’t prepared to risk buying the Delonghi Nespresso version of the Creatista Plus.

Prior to purchase, I searched YouTube for reviews and watched demonstrations by people who had the Breville Creatista Plus.

Definitely recommend buying this machine. I’m really impressed.

Purchased at: David Jones

SHEA-OAK LOG

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best purchase ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I like that fact that the Breville has more stainless steel compared to the Lattissima Pro. I love this pod expresso maker. I like this better than the Nespresso Lattissima Pro because it's not as drippy as the Lassitima Pro and you can customize the temperature and milk froth. It takes up less counter space than the Lattissima.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Better than the latissima!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Sooo much better than the lattisima.
This machine produces great shots, a range of different milk temperatures unlike the Latissima.

Unfortunately Nespresso wasn’t overly helpful with my situation with the Latissima. They took it twice for repair only to be told there was nothing wrong with the milk temperature and it was at a “drinkable temperature”. Which was wrong because it was around the 55C mark. The idea coffee temp should be around 65C but it never reached that. In the end the lovely manager from The Good Guys Maribyrnong saw how stressed I was with the situation and just exchanged it for the Creatista for me. Which is all I wanted in the beginning.

So I’m very happy with machine as it has more temp options.

Hayborough

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Easy to make and great coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

It is so easy to use, just put the pod in and basically turn it on. It makes great coffee, hot chocolate and we have also had Vanilla coffee. We use it every day and have never had a bad coffee yet. I would suggest all coffee lovers to try ne or even if you are a hot chocolate lover.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2015

An amazing addition to your morning routine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

We love the coffee made by the Creatista Plus. For a pod machine the price is a little bit on the steep side, yes, but the coffee experience is like no other. Easy to use, with a fancy LED screen, excellent-quality frother, and a striking appearance. We use Nespresso pods and love the quality of the coffee.

Mardi

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love love my coffee maker!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

We bought this coffee machine last Christmas and not a day goes by when I don’t use it.
Firstly it looks great in my kitchen.Its really easy to use and has so many options for every type of coffee you like. It’s easy to clean and has so far been low maintenance! This machine ticks all the boxes. Would highly recommend!

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Disappointed , making weak cuppaccinos

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Purchased this machine from David Jones about 3 weeks ago and have used up all the Nespresso pods and have not had a decent tasting cuppaccino yet.... Coffee taste watery , there is no strength in the coffee. Made macchiato and the same, I'm using the ristretto Nespresso coffee pods and still the cuppaccinos are weak. Has anyone had the same problem??

MELBOURNE

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Compact and big on functionality

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

This machine is a compact all-in-one; without compromising functionality and taste. The inclusion of a milk frother/warmer is a winner, easy to use and will self clean (limited) - ready for your next cup. The mini screen on top of the unit display your coffee options and is easy to follow. One thing we have noticed is that the machine can do either coffee capsule mode, or warming milk at a time - not simultaneously. You will quickly adjust to this after a while. This machine is perfect for entertaining in our household and besides great tasting coffee, it is also a great topic of conversation!

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Love the settings flexibility

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Very user-friendly machine with lots of settings for a variety of coffee styles. As a cappuccino lover I particularly like the milk froth levels, heat settings and the automatic nozzle flush at the end. Water temperature is almost instantaneous and the whole coffee-making process is very quick. To top it off, the stainless steel machine is an adornment for the kitchen.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Can't live without this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I love my Nespresso machine, it's simple easy to understand and makes my coffee exactly the way I like it when I like it. He milk frother is an amazing addition and brings my milk to the perfect temp every time. The functions are clearly labeled coffee is delicious I can't ask for more.

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Fantastic how it uses other brand captuals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

We bought this as the retailer promised we could use other brand coffee caps and it turned out to be a really good buy as the captuals for it are regular price but the cheap ones can also fit inside but we had to buy a few of the cheap ones edits we found which ones fit and some didn't. It's a great addition to our kitchen

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love it use it everyday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Its a great machine. Very easy to use, and there are alot of compatible capsules out there. We use it everyday, definitely saved a bit of money. Got it when Myer had promotion. Could not be more pleased. I prefered the milk wand that is why I chise the creatista. Also looks great!

1 of 6 pages

Hi, I am trying to find a replacement for the steam nozzle tip which was accidentally damaged while cleaning but having real difficult getting the part. Can anyone help? Thanks, Marty

marty.hughes.737 asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

Hi Marty, If your Creatista Plus is still under (the 2 yr) warranty I would guess the steam nozzle issue could be resolved (or at the very least replaced). Perhaps contact Breville/Nespresso online for advice if you haven’t already done so. Our machine is only a couple of months old so haven’t any issues (touch wood). Sorry I’m not much help but good luck in your search.

Our machine is less than a year old and won't make any coffee larger than a ristretto... on any setting. What to do?

Ben R asked on Nov 22, 2018

Answer this

Hey Ben, did you contact Nespresso to access the issue? I haven’t use that long yet. But I would call them straight away if any issue, is your machine still under warranty? Normally it’s under 2 year warranty.

Hi Ben, that's not good. Just like Bo k mentioned, I'd be contacting place of purchase, Nespresso/Breville perhaps Nespresso online or even a Nespresso Boutique for advice ( we have one in a local shopping centre). Their knowledge of machines are very good in the one we walked into. No doubt they'd refer you to Breville cause it would definitely be still under warranty cause it's less than 2 yrs old. Apparently you can even get a loan machine whilst one is getting fixed thru the on-line Nespresso. Trusting it all works out for you. !!

Has anyone had other coffee capsules (not Nespresso) get stuck in the Creatista Plus coffee machine? I am told that other capsules that fit the Creatista Plus can also be used but there have been some reports the non Nespresso capsules can become stuck. Any comments please would be appreciated before I consider buying it or not. Thank you.

Joollz asked on Sep 24, 2018

Answer this

I have used L'OR Espresso pods (Jacobs Douwe Egberts' brand of pods) in this machine without issue - these are aluminium pods and may be less "sticky" than your conventional supermarket plastic pods. Best of luck

See all 38 questions about Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800