Parkdale

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Breville Creatista Plus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Prior to purchasing this machine I would buy several coffees a day from across the Melbourne CBD or my local area, always looking for the best barista made coffee for my taste. By chance whilst doing some post Christmas browsing I was approached by a person running a Nespresso booth to sample a coffee. I was very surprised at the quality. Asking what the next machine up in the range would do differently, I was told the Creatista Plus had the Breville patented milk frother that made the coffee more creamy, with that and the amazing flavor, I was instantly sold. The coffee from this machine is as good as any café purchased coffee. Three minor tweaks are required, firstly the cleaning function of the frother should not start automatically after each coffee pour, I have been caught out a few times by not having something underneath to catch this. Rather it should cycle in the coffee pour process to a "start" function like the milk function. And it would be good to adjust water temperature for the coffee for expresso's like can be done with the milk. Neither of these would put me off another purchase. Nespresso also needs to improve in the early days of the purchase where I was not aware of the two introductory offers and the scope of these. Nespresso also provides amazing service where I order the pods one day and I have delivery the very next day. Fantastic!!!! The new ice coffee range is a disappointing for the price and I would not buy these pods again. Following the instructions exactly I end up with a luke warm coffee with ice in it, that's not ice coffee as expected!!!!! So whoever marketed this needs a kick in the pants. The machine still warms up the milk even on the lowest setting.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great start to the day with Breville Creatista Plus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I love being able to make delicious consistent coffee especially in the morning to start my day. So easy to adjust if required, just turn the button and it's set. So easy to use, some of us have different strength coffee or want different style of froth so just turn the button and look at the display. Its so easy to clean, generally just apply a damp cloth to the steam wand then it self purges. Job done.

Kallangur

• 2 helpful votes

A lifesaver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

This machine has saved my partner and I an incredible amount of money! Both of us love our coffee and this machine finally does it justice. It is very simple to use (touch button) and it steams the milk to the perfect temperature. I love that you can take the pods into any Nespresso for them to recycle. There is a great range of flavors and they are well prices. We purchesed ours on boxing day and took advantage of the incredible savings.

Purchased at: David Jones

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Questionable value for the money has some major issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Purchased this machine through a trade in deal. I had multiple Nespresso machines before and had high expectations. There are 2 main problems with this machine as pointed out by some previous reviews.

The temperature of the coffee part is fixed (only the milk temp is controllable). For some of you, this may be not warm enough especially on a cold wintery breakfast. The only solution to mitigate this problem is by warming up the coffee cups with boiling water prior to the coffee preparation. No other solution available.

The other problem which is quite annoying is the steam wand. There are 4 tiny holes at the end who tend to clog quite often. This really depends on the temperature and frothing settings and also the milk fat percentage. In general, I found that higher temperatures (by the setting) will increase the frequency of required cleaning cycles yet in any case the cleaning frequency is still bothersome. After a while, the wand itself may get clogged and a full cleaning cycle may be required much earlier than needed (if it was just the espresso maker).

Sorry Nespresso (or Breville), this machine is clearly not recommended.

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Amazing coffee, easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Amazing Coffee Machine, Incredibly easy to use, Clean & does EVERYTHING, Expresso, Latte, Cappacino, easy to clean trays, takes all type pods, not just the terribly overpriced Nespresso ones. A definate fixutre to any good kitchens counter, in the morning it makes life so much easier, turn on, press button, & its done

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Excellent coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2018

I am so happy with this coffee machine. Going from an Aldi coffee machine to breville coffee machine you could not compare. Breville is the best coffee machine I have ever owned. Love the steam wand, the milk is a the perfect temperature every time. Highly recommended. Perfect coffee every time. 10/10

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Nespresso

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

I’m very happy with the taste and very quick to make and easy to use and easy to clean and it has bi range of coffees
And good cappuccino, I’m very happy with the taste and enjoyed all different qualities of coffees and good cafe latte and short coffees and long

Eagleby

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Breville Creatista Plus, Beyond expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I have owned two top of the range coffee machines, (in excess of $2000.) this Machine tops them both.
I love that I can tweak the controls to allow me a double shot Latte, or any other type of coffee.
It only took me a couple of times using to master how to use, so so easy peasy. The taste of the coffee depends
On pod used, I myself do prefer a stronger coffee.
My grandchildren love their frothy milo, just using the milk frother as well.
This machine is very easy and fast to use and clean and just looks awesome on the Bench top.
I am one very happy purchaser and would recommend this Machine to anyone considering buying

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Bad value

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

The machine and coffee is great i especially like the variation range of caramel and chocolate but i have come to find out this model do basically the same thing as the lowest range model. Seeing as i don't get to fancy with the steam wand I paid a very high premium for very limited feature to be added. I would recommend going with a cheaper model

melbourne

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

My husband loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Bought it for my husband who loves coffee. It is awesome in every sense, be it the look or the product. It is easy to clean and best part is the different options of coffee that you get to select from .The milk frother is also very efficient.Worth every penny

Purchased at: Myer

Simple, easy coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

Got this machine as a christmas gift and could not be happier. It is very easy to use and functions well.

Coffee tastes better in comparison to other machines I have tried too. Cleaning is always a bit of pain but with this machine it is actually very easy to keep spotless.

Highly recommended if you can get a good price!

Purchased at: Gifted

coffee fix sorted

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

great smooth taste, high quality product. helps me with my morning routine and coffee fix. dont have to visit the barista on the way to work now. able to enjoy at the comfort of my home..easy convenient...easy to clean and maintain.. sleek design..looks good at home.makes a perfect cup of coffee

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

I am happy with the taste.
It's easy to use.
Too easy to clean.
Worth the money.
Forthing is so good i couldn't find any other machine that can compare with this one.
RRP was 799 i only pay 564 in the good guy and they have cash back as well.

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Best Nespresso machine I've used

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

The coffee if standard Nespresso quality, which is very good for a convenient home solution. The best thing about this machine is the integrated steam wand for heating up and frothing your milk. Works much better than the separate milk warmer/frother and doesn't have the cleaning issues of the Lattissima.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Amazing coffee and very easy to use!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I am extremely happy with this purchase! This machine is extremely easy to use and clean, even my daughters love using it! I love the taste of this machine as well, I have tried other Nespresso coffees from other machines however, I enjoy the taste of this coffee the most! I love how you can adjust the coffee to just how you like it as well, I have definitely been using this everyday since I bought it!

• 15 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Perfect coffee and milk

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Very happy with this purchase. I upgraded from the U machine with aerocino, as I was not happy with the milk froth from the aerocino. I drink my coffee with milk and this machine is far superior especially the milk frother. Perfect milk every time. Now I cannot live without it!

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Great coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We use this in our office of 20 people. We have had one issue where we had it sent back as it was leaking water from the bottom, but had it repaired under warranty. It's a super easy machine to operate, easy to follow the maintenance steps as prompted and produces great coffee shots and well temperature frothy milk. You can adjust every element of the coffee to how you prefer it, eg. larger shots, how hot the milk is, style of coffee etc. I love it and so does the whole office!

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Excellent fuss free coffee, worth the investment!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

My fellow reviewers were right!!! This machine is fantastic!! I was SUPER sceptical with the mostly glowing reviews, however now that I have barista quality coffee at home every morning, with so little clean up involved, I’m hooked.

I wanted a machine at home to save $$ and to have really good coffee available 24/7 due to shift work. This machine was totally worth the outlay. For an uber fussy coffee snob like myself this machine has impressed me much, kudos to the designers and engineers.

OMG the milk!!! The milk is perfectly textured and because you can select from 7 froth levels everyone gets their perfect cup. It is great with alternative milks too, especially coconut milk.

The retractable cup tray means neither mug nor espresso people feel cheated or that the machine is not made for their style of coffee. It’s also pretty quiet when running at 2.00 am.

I REALLY didn’t want to buy a pod machine because of the waste. I looked into reusable pods on CremaJoe, but sadly (and frustratingly) because this machine also punches the back of the pod (for better extraction) the reusable pod becomes moot. BUT, for now, I recycle 130 pods at a time very easily with a Nespresso postbag, popping it into any AUSpostbox. AND, I’m sure the folks at WAYCAP (https://www.cremajoe.com.au/products/waycap-one-pack) will make a fully reusable fuss free steel pod for the Creatista Plus soon.

Purchased at: Myer

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great for flat whites and lattes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

The steam wand is a huge step up from the separate milk frother that comes with other Nespresso machines.
The machine uses the normal Nespresso capsules, and so the coffee taste is acceptable but not great, but the texture of milky coffees is just right - silky and foamy.
Also, the wand is easier to clean than the frother. Just wipe off the outside of the wand and it automatically steam cleans the inside.

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

This machine delivers great tasting and quality coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

We are very happy with the quality of the coffee that this machine produces. It is amazing and tastes great thanks to capsules. It is also very easy to clean and keep clean. We like the flexibility that we get with this coffee and it is so easy to create different kinds.

1 of 5 pages

Is there a temp adjustment for the coffee? I can only seem to adjust temp for steamed milk. I find the temperature lukewarm even right out of the machine. Much prefer my boiling hot french press.

ssstrader asked on Apr 21, 2018

Answer this

There is no way to adjust the coffee temp. This is a major drawback and can only be compensated by pre warming the coffee cup or by adding warmer milk.

When I turned on my Breville Creatista plus today the on button and the dial began flashing alternately, can someone help me with an answer to my problem? Thanking in advance, it’s only 5 months old and I don’t use it everyday :)

AnnetteM asked on Apr 20, 2018

Answer this

According to the manual you should follow the on screen prompt. It is likely that you need to descale.

This what it says:

- Follow on screen prompt.
- Check the water tank. If empty, fill with potable water and brew a coffee.
- Check steam tip for blockages. Use pin cleaning tool stored under the water tank to unblock each of the holes.

And if it doesn’t help then:

- Descale machine, if necessary.
- Complete a Clean Steam Wand cycle, if necessary.

Thank you jaykle, yes I didn’t see the banner on the edge, not tall enough lol, but it was the steam wand needed taking apart, I’ve now thoroughly cleaned and all’s well.

Apart from the capsules purchased from Nespresso, do any other capsules fit this machine?

Jul asked on Apr 14, 2018

Answer this

Yes, there are many. Look for the messaging on the pack stating "compatible with Nespresso Coffee Machines." One brand for example is L'OR. Be careful not to get caught out with the larger Nespresso Dolce pods suitable for the Dolce machines only.

See all 24 questions about Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800