ALDINGA BEACH, SA

• 2 answers

Car: 2005 Hyundai Getz

Best Tyres for Fuel Economy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

These tyres have saved me money on fuel. I log book all of my travels and fuel consumption and have proved that these tyres save me around $75 per year on fuel consumption. Love the low rolling resistance without affecting comfort or safety, which is so very important when driving a small car - Toyota Getz sedan. I will never buy anything else having tried Bridgestone tyres!

perth

Car: toyota corolla 1.8 vvti

average car tyre

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Tyres performed ok in wet and dry conditions ,harder ride than previous "cheaper" tryes.
Fuel economy didnt change so probably marketing spin after 2000 klm use in city driving.
Handling was good once tyre pressure was set for front wheel drive and cornering became
predictable and manageable with spirited acceleration.

Burnie

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Car: 2014 Honda Odyssey.

Excellent tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Tyres are very grippy. Ride comfort is good. Durability is unknown at this stage since it is very early to tell.
Reasonably priced. Reasonably quiet tyre. Road noise is acceptable.The car I bought it for is people mover. Not a high performance vehicle so don't try tricks on this vehicle. If you drive to the vehicle's strengths this tyre will not let you down.

Perth

Car: Toyota Prius C

Nice tyre

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

After doing my research I decided to purchase this tyre due to value for money considering its low fuel consumption and quiet performance, Driving with these tyres is completely easier. I used to have Bridgestion Potenza which is a more expensive option, but so far I could not tell any major difference between these two considering Ecopia’s cheaper price.

Osborne Park

Car: ford territory

No road noise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I was after new tyres for my Ford Territory that I purchased from brand new 5 years ago but was concerned with road noise that I had experienced with the old ones on it. After consult with staff at tyre shop, they suggested these ones and they were right. Originally the car came with factory tyres and these are so much more quiet.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: Nissan Maxima

Very well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I love these tyre, not any noises and really long life use, i am a uber driver so i am driving too much with car and found these tyres vert affordable, i get them fron bob jane T mart and get 100$ discount for them, and 3 month free service

Adelaide

• 24 helpful votes

Car: Subara Forester

average quality but expensive tyre

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I have had my tyres for less than a year. I bought them on buy 3 get 1 free deal but still it is expensive tyre.
there is already a deep cut on the front right tyre, which means tyre is a bit soft. And I found they wear out a bit quicker than I expect. I double I can get over 40,000km out of it.
On road it feels quite comfortable and handle the bumps quite well.

Cairns

Car: 2013 Nissan Pulsar and 2015 Mazda 3

Best tyres for sedans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I have purchased these tyres twice after trialling other brands. These tyres last just over 60,000km in North Queensland (predominantly highway driving). Others have lasted 30-40,000km reliably. My daughter has changed to these also and has the same results. They are not performance enhancing and are not exceptionally quiet but are reliable.

Purchased at: Kmart Tyre & Auto Service

• 5 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Car: Toyota

No problems so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

I haven't had any issues with my tyres since I had them replaced. My previous tyres quickly lost air pressure, these are coping well with the long commute to work each day. Have been excellent in the rain and allowed safe emergency stopping on occasion. Bridgestone is a trusted brand and I am happy to have them on my car.

Sellicks Beach, South Australia

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 81 helpful votes

Car: Hyundai Getz

Good tyres.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I have had the Ecopias on a Hyundai Getz for 4 years now and have to say they have been very good value. I moved to these tyres as I found that the Hankook tyres the Getz came with couldn't handle the wet very well and never felt safe. I don't know if the Ecopias saved me fuel or preserved the environment, but I do know that they are pretty good value and I have no complaints.

Purchased at: Costco

Car: Mitshibishi Lancer

This is a great purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

I purchased these tyres last year, it was during a buy 4 get 1 tyre free promotion. After plenty of research I chose these tyres for the brand, high wet road safety rating and good reviews online.
It stands up to its promises and is the best decision I've made for my car, the ride feels more cushioned, the turns feel a lot more grounded and it does well when braking and in wet weather conditions as you can feel it's grip on the road.

Melbourne

Car: Honda Civic VtiL 2011

good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Bought this last year when bridgestone had a 4 for the price of 3 deal. Got bobjane tmart to pricematch the price from another local shop and they gave a further discount off the total price. worked out to just over $400 including alignment. They are very quiet compared to my old tyres and have excellent grip. Will see in a few years time how long they last.

Werribee, VIC

Car: 2009 Peugeot 308

Great grip and less road noise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Got 4 for the price of 3 tyres. Excellent grip compared to my old hankook tyres. Much less road noise and an overall better ride compared to my old tyres. Grip is great in wet conditions. Seems to be saving me a bit of fuel which is a great bonus.

Purchased at: JAX Tyres

Perth

• 4 helpful votes

Car: 2011 Mazda 3

A fine budget set of tires.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Purchased a set of four of these tyres during a promotion of buy 3 get 1 free (25% off really...) in November of 2017.
Have done ~3500km since purchasing. Initially tire noise appeared to have decreased however it has either returned or levels have become normal. Mazda 3's are notoriously noisy so hard to tell.
It does however appear to have helped with fuel consumption. Prior to changing tires I averaged 9.6l/100km, and since I have averaged 8.4l/100km. The previous tires were some non series Bridgestone tires.

Would recommend these tires but they're definitely at their limits of grip in normal driving in the wet. Even in the dry, after having them on for ~3 months, they are not all that grippy.

Purchased at: Bridgestone Select

Melbourne

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Car: 2015 Nissan Altima

Good Tyres with Amazing Price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I've just purchased a set of these tyres a month ago when they have the 'buy 3 and get 1 free' discount. That's under $400 for a set of tyres. Incredibly reasonable price! Can't find any good tyres with this kind of brand and quality elsewhere.
The tyre itself is OK, the things I hope to get from it is good.
1. The tyre is soft and comfort, it is better than the previous set of Yokohama BluEarth E75, which would be more than $180 for just one tyre. Spending around $80 less and get more comfort, I'm really happy with it.

2. The noise level is slighty worse than before. I know the E75 is a tyre which concentrate more on noise level, I can accept that. And the noise level of EP300 is not that bad either. For a normal tyre, the noise level of EP300 is already good enough and can be considered as a quiet tyre.

3. Bridgestone claims these tyres would improve your fuel efficiency, which it did so. My car can run a bit more kilometres between refilling petrol. But actually there's no huge difference. Maybe the old set of Yokohama is eco-friendly enough already? I don't know, but use less fuel is good in anyway.

4. The grip level is just OK level. I guess maybe that's because less friction for fuel saving? I felt I can speed up to the speed limit and start cruising earlier than before, but on the contrary, I have to brake harder and deeper to make it stop. The grip when cornering is good, it sticks to the ground well and never put me in danger. The grip in wet conditions is about same level with it when dry, but braking distance increases a bit. In short, these tyres are good in accelerating, cornering with normal speed and grip in wet conditions. But I really wish the brake distance could be improved a bit.

Overall, if there's anyone who do not drives like an angry missile and wants to find a set of tyre which is affordable, but still have good quality, quiet and comfort. I would highly recommend this one. Spend less than $400 for a whole set, and the return is much better than you would expected.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I'm in the process of choosing new tyres for my Honda Accord 2008 model. Have heard good reports on the Ecopia, and not so good on the Kumho PS71, although a tyre guru highly recommended them. A friend of mine has recently bought Turanza. I'm finding it hard to choose. Any advice?

Grace asked on Apr 09, 2018

Answer this

Ecopia will do you nicely.So would the others. Let price be the decider!

I drive a small car like yours, extensively, through city, country and interstate. Early last year I replaced a set of Ecopia which had done 78,000 km with a set of Turanza"s. The Ecopia set (I kept them) still have good tread. I only changed them when I did because we were about to embark on an interstate trip covering some fairly harsh roads. It seemed prudent to do so. The Turanzas have since done 55,000 km, including three interstate trips and, like the Ecopias, are wearing well. I would expect them to achieve between 80 and 90k. I can, therefore, recommend both Ecopia and Turanza for long wear, though my next set will likely be Turanza as I prefer it's tread pattern.

Product Details