Melbourne

Private message

Purchasing a rug under lay

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

Well looks like no competition is finally showing in bunnings customer service. I went to buy a anti slip under lay for a rug. Asked the person at the entry and she pointed me to the right area, it just went downhill from there. No staff and when somebody did show up got directed to wrong aisle, then found the same person another conversation and got directed to the right aisle. Guess what no under lay, came back empty handed. The same guy saw me walking out, even showed him my best did not get it face but he just ignored me and was happy chatting with another bunnings employee. Well never coming to Coburg store ever that’s for sure. Difficult to explain but generally don’t like being shown as a fool. That’s the impression I got today maybe reading too much into it but not a happy customer. No other alternative so what can you do.
Posting this review in the hope that customer service starts getting noticed and going the right path.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 6 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Great products, zero assistance.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I've never really had a problem with Bunnings, until I attended their Preston branch today.
Rude assistants (with one only nodding like a zombie when I asked him something) acting like they didn't want to be there. I know where I won't be going anymore.

Hervey Bay

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Never too busy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I'd just like to recommend Bunnings Hervey Bay.
Whenever we go in there and whatever we buy, we have always found the staff helpful, knowledgeable and willing to give you some time no matter how busy they are. Well done!

Sydney

• 28 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 3 answers
  • 193 helpful votes

Great shopping experience at Balgowlah

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

We needed to match some paint for a building project and the guys in the paint section were fantastic. They matched the colours we needed and provided helpful service. We also needed advice about timber decking and the assistant spent 15 minutes explaining various products to us.
We had to do some other shopping and each time we were in a section the assistants approached us and asked if they could help. Efficient and knowledgeable service. Fortunately didn't miss the sausage sizzle to help a local charity.

50 minute wait

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Feel like cancelling my account after today. Who the hell decided that the powerpass card needs a personnel name on it. Guess what the pin is a security code. I understand you are trying to improve security but i am sure this wasn't thought of in the last few days, a phone call / email would have been nice. Keep me there for 50 MINUTES trying to sort it, ended up paid cash an walked out upset.. Get your act together.

Poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Poor quality service, staff talking amongst themselves about what they did on their weekend while I was waiting for assistance.

Lake Macquarie

Trailer Hire Deposit Refunds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

Painful experience. Hired a trailer, $135 with refundable deposit of $100. Paid on credit card, returned trailer, docket for $100CR.
Still waiting for refund to hit card, weeks after. Bank says Bunnings responsible for process.

Ozito sander

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Purchased an ozito sander used it once sandpaper literally fell off constantly, bloke at bunnings said the dust makes it happen refused to take it back used my sandpaper for 3 seconds on a vertical surface and said not made for sanding plaster...? I feel ripped off its good for nothing i said why dont they put it on the box his reply was they are not going to say what it cant do...

Cobram 3644

• 1 answer

Toilet seat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

My toilet seat that I had purchased from Bunnings about 8 months ago broke a hinge so I needed a new one I find most items that I purchase from Bunnings to be of the best quality and very comfortable (as this toilet seat was). My new seat is just as comfortable and my visitors like the comfort as well. The service that we had from Kate was of the highest standard and nothing was too difficult for her to get it down from a top shelf.

Bunnings sell all the poular stuff, but there's nowhere left to get the less popular.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Went to buy a 60 ltr. plastic rubbish bin from Bunnings. The lid didn't fit properly.

We don't want cheap Mr Bunnings, we want bargains.

Mareeba

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers

Verified Customer

Good but can do better !!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Bunnings has always been my go to shop for tools, gardening equipment and other hardware stuff. My problem was when I made a special order for some wardrobes. Based on standard special order conditions, Bunnings will have the goods for collection after 14 days. However in my case they took 34 days. After the 14th day when I contacted them, I was informed that the supplier had made a blunder and the goods were getting delayed and promised it would arrive in 4 days. Then same story till the 34th Day. I would think twice about making a special order.

Plant prices deceiving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Just bought a plant. One sign $4.97 Kalanchoes.
Get to the checkout charged $9.17
Your signs are very deceiving and need to be corrected.

Hervey Bay

• 1 question

Perfect plant promisr

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Bunnings policy if a plant dies within 12 months of purchase you can get a full recund as long as you have the receipt and the plant

Newcastle

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

No support for products /tools sold

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

My daughter purchased me a Bosch sander (professional series) from Bunnings with Velcro to attached the sanding disk. The Velcro is a consumable item that wear with use . When i tried to purchase a replacement was advised that they do not stock but I could order but did know how long the replacement would take to arrive . I could not purchase the part anywhere else as Bunnings has exclusive rights to sell Bosch hand tools.
As I had a job that could not wait I have to purchase a replacement machine from a proper tools supplier this time that support the products that they sell.
If Bunnings want to be a proper equipment supplier they should also support the product. Not make the sale and forget above the ongoing support at presernt they are just another department store outlet. If they are unwilling to support their products they should stick to their Chinese home brands.

Very helpful team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Hi there , just wanted to say that Cath helped us at the Oxley warehouse , she was very patient and very helpful and we got what we needed . Thank you Cath

Unhelpful staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Staff not willing to assist! They seem to actively avoid customers. Had to disturb a group of 5 young guys sharing a joke to ask about an architrave mouldings. They looked at each other and eventually one said, what’s an architrave!? Also, badly presented staff. Elderly lady staff member engrosed in her social media wth Bunnings cap on backwards seemingly trying to find a hiding place and heavily tattooed elderly lady at the trade counter most put out when asked a question even though it appeared she wasn’t doing anything! Bunnings could be a great business but I wish they would go broke! (Because of their staff engagement policy)

Still chasing Blinds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I checked the website to check which Bunnings branch had the Bistro Blinds I want, in stock. I drove to The Nourlunga branch but It turned out the blinds were not available even though the website said they were. Disappointed, I rang The Marion Branch who offered to physically look for them and found them. I would have gone their first if the website was correct as it is a lot closer.

Unwilling staff at Melville

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Staff in the trade and plumbing sections of the Melville Warehouse very unwilling to help. Better go to O'Connor's store or try Home Hardware. The Bunnings staff preferred to let my (small) wife and I lift a large glass panel than lift a finger - prefer to watch instead of work.

lack of staff

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Come weekend,wanting to ask advice or stock enquiry. Chasing down a staff member only to find one in what seems to be half the store.and that one is busy with a customer. watching them walking around the isles. Spending too much time on one customer.this happens often.There are other people to compete with just to get to talk with a member.Sometimes staff seem more interested in themselves then wanting to serve. This is on busy weekends.
More staff please .MASTERS was much better with more staff,friendlier attitude, i remember it being a refreshing experience.

Coffee shop

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Put Jackey back in the coffee shop, she is the best, most efficient and knows whats she is doing and she knows which cakes are gluten free one of the other staff gave me cake which wasn't gluten free and i suffered all afternoon.

1 of 53 pages

Does Bunnings lay by?

Billy S asked on Jul 16, 2018

Answer this

Not that I'm aware of although I could be wrong. If you have to order something in and it costs less than $500 then you have to pay full amount then and there. If the item(s) is over $500 then a $500 deposit is needed.
Don't know if that helps at all?

The first logical way to get the right answer to any basic question is to contact them directly.

Please post the response for the benefit of others :)

I left a peony bulb packet in my trolly or on the counter. I have my receipt as I started to wonder if it went through the checkout. I have paid for it but I don't have the item. Will Bunnings replace it?

polly asked on Jul 08, 2018

Answer this

Hello Polly Yes bring your receipt into the Bunnings store that you made the purchase, explain the situation as above, and we will gladly replace the item for you We do keep records of items that have been left in trolleys and this item was a recent find by us Thankyou for your business and hopefully we will continue to give you great service and that you continue to give us your business Kind regards Store Manager

Must i show my receipt when leaving a bunnings store?

Judy asked on Jul 05, 2018

Answer this

I'm really old school when it comes my basic rights as a human being.
Which is fully backed up by our civil liberties laws of Australia.
If i havent stolen anything why would you want to look in my bag or check receits.
For a shopping experience it sort of turns somehow makes the customer is not really a customer but is actually a thief.
Why else would anybody have a need to check everyones personal property.
VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE WITHOUT A DOUBT.?
In the good old days a customer would be extremely whatevered if there was some sort of aneed for a personal search.
AGAINST THE LAW WITHOUT NO DOUBT
Example. Plenty of stores i will refuse to shop in Westfield Parramatta, because of bug eyed security , personnel ,It is not my problem or any innocent punter ,if there is a high rate of shop lifting ,that is the stores problem and not the customers.

Nice Drop No Kiddin'

Shop lifting is a billion dollar industry! If you ran a similar business and ‘allowed’ people to leave unchecked and subsequently went broke .. who would you blame?
Anyway a customer enters a store under licence .. as per the law.
Only a guilty person would be reluctant to prove they did not steal.
In your case it would be best you stopped shopping/stealing there to avoid doubt.
If you refuse inspection any store can detain you on suspicion until police arrive and/or the shop can bar you permanently.
Of course you should check the actual law rather than expect a random illogical ‘libertarian opinions’.

See all 117 questions about Bunnings Warehouse