Very bad experience.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Wanted a xmas item and after checking website for stock available rang Randwick bunnings to conferm avalability .was told yes they definitely have in stock,traveled 70 min only to find they do not have after much being sent to search myself.
It was store manager im told confermed they had spare stock without checking. Did recieve excellent help ,going out of way by 3 staff to try and resolve. In end had to go to Kirrawee store to get a display model that the lovely staff at Randwick aranged to be put on hold for a couple of hours.
in the end i got my item but took over 5 hours and will make Bunnings my last resort in future.

Mathoura NSW, nsw

• 2 comments

Bunnings are fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Bunnings are the leaders for a good reason! They have almost everything in one store, great prices and friendly staff! it's 5 stars +++ from me, never had a problem with them

Can’t move

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

What is wrong with you people, you tell me how wonderful you are via the media, you invite me into your stores and yet when I’m in your stores I can’t move due to all of the aisles being clogged up with your push hard impulse lines....

I can’t move in your store.... I can’t wait to get out and when I’m out I feel angry that you haven’t delivered on your so called fantastic business.

RYDE

Private message

where is my pool pump shed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Ordered pool pump shed from bunnings rydelmere back on the 13th of november, 10 days it was supposed to turn up. Been told multiple times it is stuck in a warehouse waiting to be dispatched. That was a week ago, now been told the same story again and it'll not turn up till next week. In total if they are right on next week, close to 30 days on a 10 day item. What is going on? Trying to call also to get an update, my god, 1 hour later finally get some one. Most of the time I try calling, just give up, its quicker to drive there and ask in person. If there was an alternative there was as well priced, i'd be there, but even now would considered paying more to get some actual service.

I've also ordered a second shed now for garden, probably expect the same issues, will not get it till 2019 at this rate.

Seaford Meadows Adelaide

Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Tried ringing bunnings at seaford to speak to special orders was on phone for over 20 minutes with no answer eventually someone answered but it was customer service again she proceded to take my phone number and said customer service would ring back two days later and I'm still waiting. I tried ringing again today asked to speak to special orders and again was on hold for over 20 mins with no response I have given up now

Hobart

Verified Customer

Blaming a kid for sticking a price tag on a shelved item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I go to buy a bucket with a lid. Sign says $12.00. Go to pay, I get charged $14.94. I explain to the checkout, ‘can you please check sign says $12.00’. To cut a long winded story short I’m told ‘sign says bucket with lid, your buying a pail with lid’ The person who initially helped me was going to give it to me for $12 as that’s what the sign said and there was was no other sign that told me it was $14.94. But instead I’m told ‘it’s some kid messing around with the signs and it’s not misleading.’ ...I’m left speechless. This is the second time at Kingston where the level of customer service is rude and unhelpful like they don’t care. I'll be spending my money at Mitre 10 and KND from now on. I’m not making the same mistake the third time.

Adelaide

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Beware if you are placing a "Special Order" with Bunnings

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

After placing a special order for a couple of remotes for a carport door it was stated 7-10 days. After 9 days I called the store to find out if I may have missed a call in regards to and was told it should of only taken a couple of days! After 14 days I again called them to find out what was going on and was told they still were not in. I then cancelled the order after I was told the order was only placed after my first phone call !!!!! Service is very poor and being an account holder means very little. I have had to explain to my customers for who the controllers were for and apologize for the delay.

Brisbane

Poor customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Checked website for availability of a selected product
Was in stock.
Upon request instore, was told there were 4 in stock.
It appeared staff were too tired to make the effort to look for them.
Had to leave and travel further to another Bunnings store to obtain items.
Bunnings, you need to train your staff in customer service.
If master's were still around, I would definitely not shop at Bunnings.

tynong

Very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Gone into Bunnings Morwell a few times particularly after 5pm for specific plants. I assumed it would be hard to get any gardening advice ( which I was seeking) at this time. Sure, there's no one on the floor in that department but when you ask, they track down the right person . This has happened 3 times. Seems they care and like to see the customer looked after. Each time, other staff have asked If I got the help required.
That's pretty good.

Artarmon store layout appalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Your newly laid out Artarmon store is appalling! The isles are too long and it takes ages to find anything. I won’t be going back. Listen to your customers not your marketing people. Sincerely John Powell

Sydney, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent customer service well above expectations.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I have visited Bunnings Warehouse in Blacktown on 3 separate occasions over the past week to purchase a new Masport push mower, Ozito blower and to have my 2 year old Ryobi whipper snipper/line trimmer serviced. This review is not about those 3 products however but simply just about the wonderful service I received when purchasing them. I will review the products later once I have had some time to use them. On all 3 occasions the service from Bunnings has been excellent with the younger chap (whose name I unfortunately do not know) spending around 30 mins with me before I chose the Ozito blower and Mario, who is the chap that sold the Masport mower to me last week and was also the person who spent some time trying to get my old line trimmer going again and when that attempt failed, he surprised me by saying that the "big boss" of the entire store has authorized him to provide me with a brand new replacement line trimmer straight off the shelf! Not bad considering the warranty had run out. I would say that type of wonderful service is very much exceeding customer expectations and in my experience, so much better than the customer service that Bing Lee has provided me in the past. Thank you so much Bunnings Warehouse, Blacktown and thank you Mario for your help and kindness.

Weston

Bad service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

The senior staff at Singleton store think your stealing when your not, I hadn’t even finished paying for my stuff and they came up and said we want to search your car so I canceled the stuff I was purchasing and got my money back and they then search my car and found nothing, I told the old woman she needs to get her eyes checked and she didn’t like that, they don’t like it when they think their got you for stealing and they can’t find a thing on you.

Private message

I miss the old hardware stores

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

All tools, garden items I purchase seem to break within 6 months or less. I don't mind paying more for a product that last. Last purchase was a pitchfork, I bought the higher price range and the wooden stake broke on the 2nd use while aerating my lawn. Sometimes I wonder if products are designed with a fault.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Masterstroke series is a masterstroke

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I recently purchased two Gardenpro Masterstroke Series sheds and was pleasantly surprised at the choice of colours and sizes available. The product came with a complete set of instructions which were easy to follow.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Unbelievable poor experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I have a tradesman doing some minor renovations and chose Bunnings in Scoreby to buy everything required from.
The tradesman is charging me a modest $30 per hour but it has been more like $60 per hour because of Bunnings and their atrocious performance.
I wanted to buy a certain toilet which shows up on their website as being in stock at certain stores but when I rang the stores I was told they do not have stock !
So I had to buy a $60 dearer model. Upon opening the box with the cistern in it it was found to be cracked. So the tradesman and I went down to get it replaced. We decided we better open the box to make sure it was ok. It was cracked too ! And the next one too. So fourth time lucky !!! But no ! When the tradesman went to put the brass fittings through the hole in the bottom of the cistern one of them would not fit through the hole !! The hole was not big enough. It was risky to force the bolt through but he risked it rather than waste another half hour returning it.
Next we opened the lid and seat and noticed that it had heaps of scratches on it so another trip back to Bunnings coming up tomorrow!!
This store has cost me so much time and money because of its poor stock control.
I could go on and on about other things but I just can’t be bothered at the moment.
I estimate Bunnings have cost me well over $100 because of what occurred.
I will seriously consider going elsewhere in future.

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

Bankstown airport

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Bunnings are always terrible when it comes to confirming their stock. Their website says ring your local store to check availability - which I have done numerous times only to turn up and find the product not available. Today I spent 25 mins on the phone confirming availability of a particular item. The first time after being put through to Timber, I was hung up on. The second time, after being on hold for a lengthy period, I was put through to trade, where I waited at least 10 mins while they checked stock availability. Eventually told item was in stock and available in the landscape section. Made the 20 min drive, including a toll road, looked everywhere in landscape - product not there. Bunnings rep said it was in the Timber section. So down to the other end of the store, looked everywhere, product not there, checked in with the timber customer service people (who were NOT interested in assisting), only to be told that it might be somewhere else in the store. Vague and no help at all. I don't understand how such a large store does not have a computer system which not only tracks their stock but identifies what aisle it is in. So back home, empty handed, another 20 min drive, another toll paid.

Perth

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Bunnings: where the customer is always wrong and must be sneered at

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2018

This morning we bought some treated pine at Joondalup. Usually we take photos of the price labels as the staff don’t know which wood we have and need to look it up. This in itself is a problem. Why should customers have to price items themselves? This caused delays and I called a manager to suggest that this system be changed. There are no price tags on this wood. We were referred to the trade desk and it became worse from there. The young man on the desk did not know which wood this was and yet again wanted us to do his job for him by measuring the pieces ourselves. When we asserted that should he do it himself, he smirked at us. When we asked him why he was smirking, he said “because you are angry”. He enjoyed the customer being agitated and in pain. I’m sick of Bunnings expecting us to do staff work for them. Mitre 10 is looking awfully good at this stage. At least they will measure and price items up for customers.

wollongong

• 2 answers

Shellharbour

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

This must be the lowest staffed most unfriendly store in the chain
Sure there is a bigger range and more stock that some. But some stock is unpriced and there is no one to ask and when you find someone they don't know anything
Wont go there again even if we have to.special order everything in our little country bunnings

Melbourne

Poor Service Bunnings

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Understand that Bunnings is about DIY. I don't understand why it needs to be DIY service too. Struggled to measure and load timber into my trailer on a quiet mid week morning. Amble staff around seemingly doing nothing and no one offered to help. My next visit included obtaining some paint samples. Stood at the paint desk patiently in a queue, when I got to the front the staff member ignored me completely and walked off. Another passing staff member paged her to return to the paint desk, where on arrival she complained loudly about how annoying customers were. Sorry to interrupt with being a customer. How unreasonable of me, honestly.

Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Bunnings st Euston Rd Alexandria
We were going to purchase 2 sun lovers 7 position sun lounge. We saw the exact one marked $29 at another Bunnings but decided to purchase it from Alexandria. The customer service bad manager guy refused to give us the marked price and mentioned that each store is different. He continue on by saying that I don’t listen and said it abruptly. Worsed thing is he turned off his tilt and said we are closed now and I can’t sell it to you. He did this in a offensive manner and then after that he turned his cash register on and served few more cudtomers after us. He didn’t apologised for his abruptness and felt belittled. He was power tripping and if he is a proper manager he would have rang the other store and check why they are discounting it that much.

1 of 60 pages