Filter By:
  • 1 comment
  • 1 question

Information Request

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I am an Expat Aussie, living in the USA. As I was returning to Australia for a temporary visit of 5 months I inquired whether you had a policy available for this purpose. A few responses and then left hanging. Was only trying to spend my money in Australia instead of the USA company I usually use.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Steve, I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience when trying to arrange Travel Insurance with us. If you would like to send me your contact details via private message I will arrange f... read more »

To late.

Insurance claim made

Immediate caring service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

excellent value
Setting up was as easy as going into a Bupa office
At all times the company acted at top level. Unfortunately we needed to claim and it couldn't have been easier. Excelllent phone assistance when needed.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Eva,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am glad we were able to assist and I will be sure to share with the team.

Proactive service provider appreciated

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2017

The process of taking out the policy was very straightforward. Fortunately, I didn't need to make a claim but I was impressed that, whilst on my travels, when two terrorist events happened in the UK, I received an email advising me what to do if I needed assistance. This proactive approach was appreciated. I will definitely use again.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Kim,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we really appreciate it.

I hope Bupa can be of assistance again for future trips.

Insurance claim made

Highly satisfied, will use for future insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I fractured my Elbow while snowboarding (on trail). I submitted receipts for XRays, Painkillers and a follow up doctors visit which was all reimbursed within about 2 weeks of being submitted. The people over the phone were and easy to deal with.

The price can be slightly higher than other companies however they seem ethical, from my experience (which cannot be said for some other companies) so worth seriously considering.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Hayden, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - we really appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your elbow - hope it didn't ruin your trip, but glad we could be there to help. I ... read more »

Straight forward travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

It was easy to purchase standard cover online - it would have been great if pre-existing conditions could be dealt with as simply. As it was, decided to take the risk that there was nothing that would happen related to well-controlled and recently reviewed medical conditions. With the discount for Bupa members it was good value.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Dean, Thank you for your feedback - we are always working to improve our online customer experience and I will certainly share your feedback with the team. We hope you had a great trip an... read more »

Peace of Mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Our policy was easy to set up. We were contacted after the Manchester & London atrocities to see if we were ok. Fortunately we were but appreciated the offer of support if needed. Felt so sad for those affected.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - we always hope to be there to help if needed and hope Bupa can assist you again in the future.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Easy to set up online and great service during our travel

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Policy was very easy to set up. We never needed to make a claim, however we really appreciated the support emails we received when there were incidents in countries we had added to our policy. We would definitely recommend Bupa Travel Insurance. In fact, we took out a second policy with Bupa after we decided extend our travel plans and wouldn't hesitate to use Bupa again in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your feedback - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we hope we can continue to assist in the future. Hope you had a fantastic trip.

Michelle

Good to go away and have confidence knowing you are covered.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

It was good knowing you has the best coverage if anything went wrong, and it nearly did, left my camera on a seat and was still there when we went back.

Comments
BUPA Official

Thanks for leaving your feedback - we really appreciate it.

We hope we can be here to help again for your future trips.

• 1 helpful vote

Frustrated.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

Existing Medical Conditions: I thought that i could and would be able to get Travel insurance from my health insurer Bupa however I was declined. So what does a person do these days. Have had a heart attack, 1stent inserted and have since been on medication to prevent this happening again this was 14 years ago. Your fine print says if my condition changes reapply, well I'm on this medication for the rest of my life to prevent another attack and so are thousands of people.. So does this mean I cannot travel overseas, the only restriction to th at has been made by you. All i want is peace of mind while on a holiday, and prepared to pay extra. Please do not reply by using i am sorry we haven't met your expectations. The expectation was that being a health insurer i would be able to obtain travel insurance. May i suggest you revisit pre existing conditions we live normal long lives which is being managed by our health professionals and the medication etc. that make that happen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi there I am really sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would be keen to arrange for a specialist from our travel team to give you a call to discuss this pre-existing condition further ... read more »

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 2 helpful votes

Seniors Travelling with confidence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

Being over 70 other companies quoted ridiculous prices, so when I went to my private medical insurer, I was so surprised at the comprehensive cover, and the difference in price was extraordinary. We are in pretty good health for our ages, and will be travelling again next year. thank you for not considering us a burden because of our age!
Jan Billett

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Jan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback - we are pleased we could assist you and it is great to know we can be there for our members when they need us. We hope... read more »

Cruise trip around Kimberley coast.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

Taking out my travel insurance for my just completed trip was easy and efficient through Bupa. Fortunately I did not need to make a claim. I will re-assess after my next trip overseas in August.

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi Meg,

Thanks for leaving us your feedback - we really appreciate it. Hope you had a wonderful trip and we look forward to assisting you again on your next trip.

Travel insurance review

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

I was very happy with my travel insurance the cost & also the assistance I received in setting up the travel insurance. The lady was so helpful as I have previously had breast cancer & I also a Diabetic. But fortunately I did not require assistance while overseas. I will certainly use Bupa again for travel insurance

Comments
BUPA Official

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're glad we could assist you and hope you had a lovely trip.

We look forward to helping cover your travels again in the future.

1 of 7 pages

Is BUPA travel insurance (Basic plan) covers the per-existing conditions?

Sudhir asked on Jul 20, 2017

Happy with Bupa insurance when we travelled to Norfolk Island in Nov - Dec. Our plane was diverted to NZ on the first day. We lost a nights accommodation and 1 day hire cover. Could not claim because of the $200 excess. Can't complain as Air NZ really looked after us. What I can complain is that the day after taking TI insurance for travel to USA and Canada, I received this email saying that I could have got a further 10% discount. Can this be rectified? We have been BUPA members for years.

JeffGoldCoast asked on Jan 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your question.

Apologies that you received our returning home promotion after purchasing a Bupa Travel policy for your next trip.
Can you private message me with your policy and trip details, so I can ask our travel team whether it is possible to honour the discount.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Jessie

Thanks Jessie, Ido not know how to private message you though. Many thanks, - Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you - the private message option does not seem to exist within the Q&A section unfortunately.

If you could please let me know your policy number on here, we will be able to contact you to discuss honouring your the discount.

Michelle

Travelling from Australia to LA was fine. Travelling from LA to Mexico was ok Travelling by bus from Mexico City to Puebla was a big drama, I have registered 8 suitcases and only received 7. No one wanted to accept responsibility and didn't get any help. Sorry to say but there is so much corruption in Mexico. Called the airport and bus company and no one wanted to take any responsibility. I went to the police to document the incident. What should I do next?

Cecilia Amado Baynie asked on Dec 04, 2016

Answer this

Please ring the Travel insurance line immediately and file your case. They will tell you everything they need.

Thank you Michelle for your kind response.

Hi Cecelia, sorry to hear about your experience. If you are an existing Bupa travel insurance customer, please call our Global Emergency Assistance, our consultants will help you with your questions and other help you may need.

Within Australia: (02) 8895 0694