Great Time!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I was very pleased with our campervan experience and we had an amazing holiday. We drove up the east coast from Sydney to Brisbane and I feel we made the best possible decision to rent a campervan as the camping areas were all beautiful and it allowed us to stay very close to the most incredible beaches I have ever seen. The camper was a perfect size for 2 people. The only issue was we could not use the passenger window which was a minor disappointment and we were forced to have it repaired which was very quick and we were back on the road in less than 15 minutes (but were still not able to roll it down). The customer service we received was excellent and very quick to respond to all our enquires promptly even when we were emailing back and forth from Canada we always received a quick response. I would definitely rent with Camperman again and I hope to visit Australia again some day.

Fantastic experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

We have just returned from an amazing campervan holiday up the east coast. It was our first time in a campervan. Everything ran so smoothly. The customer service from the time of making the booking right through to drop off was second to none. The campervan was so well stocked and very clean. We literally only needed clothes and food. We were weighing up booking with 3 different companies but went with camperman because of the low insurance and I am so glad that we did. We are already planning our next campervan holiday and will definitely be using Camperman. Thank you Camperman, it was absolutely brilliant!
See you next year

Ulverstone

• 3 comments

Don't risk your holiday

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

We hired a van for a 14 day drive from Brisbane to Townsville. When we picked up the van it was mouldy throughout the interior, but we figured it was cheap so what could we expect? The fridge barely kept our milk cold, and we had to store our meat in the freezer compartment to keep it at a safe temperature. Again, what were we going to do? We had a tight timeline to stick to and we couldn't afford to be stuck somewhere getting it repaired. One of the external vents flew off during our drive from Brisbane to Bundaberg, we superglued it back on after we called camperman and were accused of hitting it with something (we hadn't). All of this would have been forgivable as just a glitch in an otherwise enjoyable holiday, had we not broken down in townsville. The van overheated, and we called camperman for advice. it was 2pm on a 35 degree day. We were told to wait with the van for 90 minutes for RACQ to arrive. We had two small children with us, who were left sitting in the sun because the inside of the van was unbearable. We waited. Eventually RACQ arrived and said that the van needed to be towed. We called again to see what happened next and were told camperman were wiping their hands with us. incredibly, we were left there, on the side of the road with all of our holiday belongings, in the sun, with no transport and no help. Not even a taxi to a hire car place. We were forced to hire a replacement car at our own cost - leaving us more than $500 out of pocket because we had to pay a rental bond on the new rental. Camperman refused to take our calls after they took possession of the van. They didn't even call us the next day to make sure that we were ok. Now they are refusing to refund the days we missed out on having the van because of the break down. They're also refusing to cover the $117 we paid for the hire car. Despite our best efforts to resolve this, they have resorted to snide emails and childish behaviour rather than dealing with the matter professionally. I will recommend to everyone that they are not worth the heartbreak. Our holiday was soured by these fools, and four weeks later we are no closer to a resolution.

Comments
Camperman Australia Official

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, up until the day before you dropped the van off it was all fine until you overheated the car, we called roadside assistance for you being RACQ at... read more »

Disappointing is the temper tantrum that was thrown when we said we were taking the matter to court. You’re a laughing stock camperman. We offered to sign a non disclosure statement, if you look like fools now that’s entirely on you.

Camperman Australia Official

I am sorry but we said we where happy for you to do this and i have emails here to prove this and am happy to post them if you like??, we are fair with our compensation as we double your entitlemen... read more »

Old; fall apart. Find somewhere else.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2017

Just dropped off our camper man rental, have to say I wasn't impressed. I'll start with the positive:

-easy to deal with
-price match, no hassle
-drop off Arlie beach

Now the negative; very old. The caravan (Toyota hiace toilet and shower) had 450000+ kms, pulled to the left pretty hard (wheel alignment needed) smelled of burnt oil when I overtook.

Very dented and dinged on the outside and in, two handles popped out during our use, sliding door and rear hatch (one was held in by an unsupported sheet metal screw) no wastewater hose for sink and shower.

One of the windows was shoddily repaired, very stiff handle felt like it was going to fall off. Three of the five rear lights didn't work, one of them being the outside light that would have been very helpful to play cards with, eat at night.

The two chairs they gave us were broken slightly. There is a small rise on the edge of the rear seat when it's in bed formation that is very uncomfortable to sleep on. Sleeping bags smelled a little weird at the start.

Also, nothing to do with the camper just a tip, most caravan parks have nice shower facilities, wouldn't bother paying extra money for the toilet and shower version.

The britz and other campers looked far newer and nicer.

Great Value for Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

We rented the Juliette hightop and it was spacious. It was a cheap way to travel, especially because we cooked at camp or in the camp kitchens of caravan parks. It was great to meet other travellers and share tips and stories. Camperman’s pricing was all-inclusive. That included the one way fee and the low ($500) excess for insurance. We compared it with others and by the time you add stuff like that on to the daily fee, Camperman was the cheapest, and the hightop was roomier than some of the others on offer for the same price. We were given Big4 camping discounts that some of the other campervan companies charged $300 for. All our road tolls were paid. We loved the vanlife so much we want to do it full time. :-)

The kids loved it, the adults...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Similar to other reviewers, the customer service was lacking - despite notification of our flight arrival time, the pick up location was closed when we arrived, which caused a bit of hassle, and meant we missed two days hire. Upon pickup, we were told that we had to wash (the outside of) the vehicle when we returned it (with the bucket and dishcloth provided)...surely this is not something that is expected of the customer?! The booster seat arrangement provided for my daughter wasn't particularly safe. Also, they told us they had only provided enough gas for one night. We bought an additional gas bottle, but didn't end up using it, because the gas lasted the whole time. The bedding was not very comfortable and I'm glad we only had young kids sleeping in the roof area - there is no way we could have actually fitted. The van suited our purposes, but we weren't sorry to bid it farewell!

BRISBANE TO MELBOURNE AND BACK AGAIN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

We booked a Camperman Paradise hi-top van after looking at their website and speaking with the very pleasant girls that man the phone. There was a slight mix up on pickup with times but it was sorted easily and away we went. We traveled the inland route through Dubbo, and Echuca then into Melbourne, down to Philip Island, along the great ocean road, up through Ballarat then up through Goondawindi and home again. The van itself performed fantastically, even though the k's were up there, it was well maintained and we had no problems at all with it. It was easy to drive and really comfy up front, although the teenage kids were in the back and they likened some of the ride to a bull riding event hahahaha! thanks NSW road makers. over all we spent 2 weeks on the road and had an absolute ball. We would definitely recommend Camperman to others and would like to take this opportunity to thank them for helping to make our holiday a memorable one. Thanks heaps Guys.... oh an Gals
The Feral Clan

Outback exploration

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

My husband and I rented a Paradise hightop from Camperman to explore the Outback Queenland region for 2 weeks. It had everything we needed (although we did buy some additional stuff at Target like a duvet and egg slice which didn't cost much) and it was spacious inside. ditto:It was reassuring to know all the road tolls were paid for and that we had 24 hr roadside assistance, even though we didn’t need it.

Paradise Hightop - lots of room for 2

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

My wife and I rented a Paradise hightop from Camperman to explore the Brisbane region for 2 weeks. It had everything we needed (although we did buy some additional stuff at Target which didn't cost much) and it was spacious inside. It was reassuring to know all the road tolls were paid for and that we had 24 hr roadside assistance, even though we didn’t need it.

Verified Customer

All inclusive really is all inclusive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

There were four of us and the hightop was roomy enough to fit us comfortably. It was the cheapest way for us to travel and Camperman’s pricing really was all-inclusive. Campervan companies always say the quote is the quote and then you have a one-way fee, or you pay extra to reduce your insurance excess etc. Camperman’s was all inclusive. We had no problems and loved our two weeks of vanlife!

September 20th 2017 Update:
We traveled as a couple in the Juliette Hightop and picked up from Cairns for the iconic drive down to Sydney. The staff at Cairns were great. They have a lot of useful road trip information on their website. Price-wise, everything was covered. You don’t pay extra to reduce your insurance excess. Everyone gets a low excess of $500. All road tolls are covered and there is no one-way fee for dropping the van off at another depot. It was little savings like this that made Camperman the best deal when we compared prices.

Verified Customer

Below average & poor customer support

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

We had very good customer support to get us to book (quick response etc). When we booked and picked up the van (that was all good), we went to drive with it. Mechanically there was nothing wrong with it (ok it is not new, but we knew that). We soon began to notice small things that are broken (drawers, windows, unsafe for small kids, broken indoor lights, not clean). That is not the worst part, I kindly tried to contact them through email by pointing out the defects and point for improvement and NO RESPONSE. We will never book again with them.

Cairns

Private message

Friendly team with great support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

My wife and I have been using Camperman now for several years and have had nothing but very good service from the team

We were aware that the vehicles although older than the much more expensive companies the vans we have had been clean, reliable and are serviced before each trip

The friendly team helped us on each occasion with maps, things to do and local knowledge

Not Good at all!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

The booking was easy through motorhome republic but I would not book one online again. I would want to inspect it first. The vehicle was very old and had done over 500,000 kms. The bedding was very thin and uncomfortable. There was mould inside the cupboards. It also had bulldust on the inside of the door. We couldn't stay in it and had to book into a motel.

Great service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

From the very start if our "Red Centre Odyssey", Camperman were fantastic! Helpful and personable. What the vehicle lacked in aesthetic appeal was overlooked by their commitment to customer service.

Verified Customer

Good at the sales pitch ok customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

To Their credit camperman did come back and compensate me. I have upgraded their review accordingly.

I have upgraded this review. The van fleet needs to be more up to date, the worn suspension and facilities really show. However the van ran smoothly and the gas stove and fridge worked well. They could check it more thoroughly with decent sleeping bags and explaining to customers properly that the microwave and 240 volt appliances would only work when plugged in. Their staff could have handled the backdoor issue a lot more effectively as well.

Swindlers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Our booking was cancelled by phone a quarter of an hour before the pickup ! The unpleasant guy on the phone lied to me saying that nobody would be at the pickup location but I went anyway and I found someone with plenty of vans but our booking had mysteriously disappeared from the system... I was not given any other car or compensation of any kind, nor explanation, this was totally unacceptable !

Comments
Camperman Australia Official

Hi Victor Thank you for your review and feedback. On behalf of Camperman Australia, I apologise for the fact that you were inconvenienced by the cancellation of your relocation. Relocations are boo... read more »

I understand but your verbose do not excuse :
- The fact that you gave no explanation on the phone (I never heard of this kangaroo story before)
- The fact that you lied by saying nobody was present at the depot

Camperman Australia Official

Hi Victor You corresponded with Mark by phone from head office on Saturday the 13th who informed you that the vehicle returned late the night prior with damage we hadn't been notified about. (This ... read more »

flee you fools!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

terrible experience, cancelled 30 mn before taking the van, without explanations or help to find another solution. Strongly disadvised, only to take if there is no other choice possible, like for real

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Camperman Australia Official

Hi Vincent Thank you for your review and feedback. On behalf of Camperman Australia, I apologise for the fact that you were inconvenienced by the cancellation of your relocation. Relocations are bo... read more »

Collingwood, Ontario, canada

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

We booked our van through our travel agent in Canada. Kristy at Camperman was quick to respond to our questions via email. The price was right with no penalty for our one way trip from Sydney to Melbourne (some other rental places charge extra if your drop off site is different than your pick up site). The van we rented was just the right size, had everything we needed and ran well. The only problem we had was with the GPS we rented - it kept shutting down and we had to rely on maps and information centres for most of our trip. We knew we had roadside assistance in case of breakdown but didn't think this covered the GPS (which, for future reference, is also included.) After explaining this to Kristy she arranged for the cost of the GPS rental to be rebated to my credit card. We especially want to thank the manager of J & P Anton Motors (sorry, I forgot your name) our drop off spot in Melbourne. We were hoping to drop the van off one day early and book a hotel that night because we had an early morning flight to Coffs Harbour. He stayed even after closing time to call hotels for us but they were all booked - Adele was in town. He finally found a campground nearby that had a site for us. So we camped for one more night, dropped the van off at 6:00 the next morning and got a taxi to the airport. We have relayed this info to our travel agent and would not hesitate to recommend Camperman to anyone travelling to Australia. It's the perfect way to really see the sites!!

Brisbane

Holiday From Brisbane to Cairns

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

Did well with the Van went up the coast from Brisbane, the staff are direct but helpful, in-particular when giving advice about the recent cyclone, kept us out of trouble. Was glad to be able to call very late at night and get help from the staff. Very direct no fuss staff answers to the problems I had with the weather. All in all very reasonable prices, van was bloody good quality as the wife decided on getting the Juliette. 4 stars.

Great van. Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

My wife and I rented a van for a short getaway from Cairns. From start to finish, we found all the staff extremely helpful at Camperman. When we took the van, everything was super clean and fresh inside and they made sure we had everything we needed for our trip. The van ran smoothly the entire time and everything worked well inside and was very comfortable for the two of us. Although we dropped the van off out of hours, this was no issue as the office is conveniently located pretty close to Cairns city and we had been told where to leave the van. All in all, I would thoroughly recommend Camperman Australia to anyone considering taking a van for a quick or long getaway. We will definitely use them again.

1 of 6 pages