Melbourne

Avoid if you can

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

They are quick and ideal if you want repairs fast but their quality assurance is poor. Just had my car repaired and they left the vehicle in a filthy state inside. Some of the workmanship was not to standard too and they tried to argue it's how they operate. After some discussion they agreed to rectify the issues and a day later I collected my car and it seems to be fine now, but you need to have your wits with you and check your car very carefully because they will not.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very professional from start to finish.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

After having an accident in a car park,my insurance company sent me to Capital Smart at Mile End with in 2 days. I was amazed how white every thing was and it was so clean.!! After the assessment I was sent home in a taxi. My car was ready the next morning,a taxi picked me up. I checked the repair and I couldn't see where the repair was done ,just the way it should be!! I would definitely use Capital Smart again. I am one happy customer.

Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Was efficiently booked in by AAMI to the Blackburn centre. Reception gave friendly and professional service. Then I read too many worrying reviews and thought, "Gee, I hope my car is looked after"...Repairs completed sooner than quoted and communication was excellent all the way throughout. I am very pleased with the repair. Thank you!

Adelaide

Very good experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

I'm surprised at the poor reviews of this company, but then they have a large network of workshops. I used the Mile End, Adelaide office and have nothing but praise. I was sent there by my insurance company and their service was efficient, courteous, complete and finished quickly, and that applies to both the office staff and the panel shop. I'd be happy to go back.

So impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I was super impressed by this company. Suncorp organised for me to drop my car off the week before Christmas. I had already sought other quotes but didn't trust anyone previously - all too salesy. When I asked Capital SMART what they'd do, I felt relaxed and trusted them. They organised a taxi for a hire car for me which couldn't have been easier. They completed the task 1.5 days early, and car hire/taxing back was also made easy. All this, the week before Christmas. Very happy with my car too! Probably looks better now than it did before the accident ha.

Private message

Car was fixed great but lack of respect on the inside

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Car was left muddy, oil finger prints all over leather and door, extra (chewy) container was empty when received car back, dirt and grass all in on drivers side.
Although in staying this, car was fixed

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Shouldn’t even be classified as a repair centre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

If there was an option for no stars, I would rate this place a 0/5. My car was damaged (not at fault and the damage was minor). I was required by my insurance to bring my car to Capital S.M.A.R.T. Happily did so. Regret the decision. Took my car in, was told I would receive my car back in three days. I received it the following day. Was impressed by the speed of the workmanship, initially. Took my car home and noticed the shabby job they had performed. Over-painted certain areas, under-painted other areas & the metal was still bent. My vehicle is a three month old, brand new car, I was disgusted with their lack of detail. I called my insurance up and complained, an assessor was sent out to check my car, confirmed they did a bad job and informed me I had to return to the repairer to allow them to rectify the issue. Which I did. Got my car back three days later. Once again the repair was still shabby. I made a formal complaint about the repairer to my insurance and also made a complaint with the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service). I requested an alternate repairer, who informed me that Capital S.M.A.R.T had used the wrong colour and wrong type of paint in areas I wasn't aware of. They did not polished the pearl correctly, plus I had rust as a result of their nasty work, in my brand new car's paint. Considering Capital S.M.A.R.T is the "approved" repairer for my insurance, I may be looking for a different insurer as I hope to never have to deal with such an incompetent repair centre again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Absolutely useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Avoid if you can. First time I used them my car went back 3 times for a simple repair.
This time, same story again. Could not even replace a rear bumper correctly. Book it back in, waste another 1/2 day.
USELESS!

Quality Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Easy to deal with repairer, job was done within 3 days and paint job was great! Service was good but a little rushed through in the morning

Well above my expectation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

After having an accident and being told by AAMI that CAPITAL SMART BENTLEIGH was the place my car was going to be repaired i decided to check them out on this site. After reading through all the comments i was put off from all the bad things people had to say and was keen to change to another place. Speaking to two people at AAMI to try and change they couldn't believe my decision and told me that they had so many happy customers go there and that this place was "state of the art' with high tech European machinery. In the end i went with CAPITAL SMART and was extremely happy across the board with the job they did. Great and accomodating staff, prompt service and excellent workman ship.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

I was lucky do not repair my car with 'Capital SMART Repairs'

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Hi,
I bought a car in mint condition. Unfortunately, few weeks later, I had a car accident in the roundabout and it was not my fault. I have been told by AAMI to take my car to 'Capital Smart Repairs'. I did and I had the worst experience ever. The recptionist wasn't friendly, but I could accept that if the service was good. The inspector looked at the car, removed all the paint from the car that hit my car, make circles around all dents and scratches. Then, he said to me I will do this and this, but I won't do this and this. I couldn't believe that, but he was serious!

I have contacted AAMI and I was aiming to quit AAMI. However, they convinced me to see another repairer, 'In-Style Collision' in O'Conner and I got the BEST service ever. They repaired everything and excellent customer service.

I am happy that I did not go for SMART and I think AAMI should consider the bad reviews that their customers are getting from their main repairer, SMART. Otherwise, many people will consider leaving AAMI.

A very good experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I guess a lot of people come here to complain about a bad service rather than comment on good. There may be a few 'chop shops' out there but my experience at Myaree was good.
The repair was completed ahead of scheduled time. The works look great! Taxi rides in and out made it no fuss. The only gripe and a tiny one at that was the girl at reception could have been a little more welcoming.

Worst experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I took my Mazda CX 5 for repairs through AAMI to Capital Smart Carrum Downs, my car was relocated to Knoxfield without my knowledge. I have a list of 10 things that have not been repaired correctly, given this I am now taking the car for a full inspection. As to customer service when I arrived to collect the car I was given the keys and told the car is out the front no handover. From this I will not renew with AAMI if this repairer chain is the only place I can take my car.

August - October 2017 they expected me not to notice

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

My car was hit on the driver side rear quarter, no replacing that one at home! The panel was completely stretched I had taken it to 3 other panel beaters to see if I could find a way to get it fixed without claiming as I had never claimed before! And I wanted to keep my record clean!
I was instructed to take my car to capital SMART in Archerfield, when I got there they seen my car and said its structural, the whole panel needs to be replaced and they can't fix it. It has to be towed to the Darra workshop & the repairs should take upto 10 days. I first thought wow that's fast! Great! 5 days went by and I got a call to pick up my car, well haha! They bogged my panel! For starters! Nothing lined up there was ripples all through the panel and Nothing lined up, dirt through the paint! They broke a plastic triangle thing on my window (Holden Cruze) & taken a big chunk out of my drivers door handle! I was not happy at all! I rang my insurer and they said they would send out there own assessor to have a look. A month went by and nothing.. he finally came and said he would see everything I did and then some he wasn't happy with the job either! Was completely on my side (thank god) we arranged that he would be there when I drop and pick the car up this time to insure I would be happy. I drop it off for the second time and we tell the man he needs to fix 1- the quarter needs to be REPLACED! 2- the triangle needs to be replaced 3- the rear number needs to be fixed properly & 4- the door handle needs to be repainted. They agreed and off I went. 4 weeks later I finally get the call to go and collected my baby! I get there and straight away notice my door handle wasn't painted? So I walked back inside and said to the lady at the desk, look the door handle wasn't painted like it was supposed to be. They acted like they knew nothing of it!! She got one of the men there to come and have a look, he said yeah no worries I'll take it now and get that all fixed for you! So I went inside with the lady and waited for a cap and I asked her did the assessor see it? Wondering why he didn't pick up on that. She said yes he did inspect it before they called me, and then goes on to tell me the reason it wasn't painted was because the man that was assigned my car went on holidays and failed to tell anyone what needed to be done but that it IS on the job sheet.. I'm thinking well what are you doing? Read the job sheet before you touch a car??? Annnyyyway 3rd time lucky!. I got a call an hour later saying my car was once again ready! I'm thinking wow that was fast to pull a door handle off prep it paint it let it dry and then put it back together? I got there and the door handle was perfect! But they still hasn't replaced the triangle thing & the had added a 15cm scratch along my bonnent && a patch of about 20 paint chips on my drivers door. And they were deeeeep! I'm talking back to metal deep! I was furious! You don't expect to take your car somewhere to get it fixed and come back to it worse? I rang my assessor and said I don't know what to do it's horrible they've damaged my car! And he said it's unacceptable and he called the state manager as they have had multiple times to make sure this car was perfect! I went back inside told them what was going on and she tried to tell me they were already there! Pfffffft I don't bloody think so, she read all the scratches out to be and I said yeah what about my bonnent? What about the chips on my door (in a few other choice words mind you) I went outside with the same fella that did the door handle and I showed him! He then started to tell me they may have been there I told him to stick it because I know my car like that back of my hand and I could show him every imperfection that was already there! He said okay go ahead! So I did.. wow wasn't he amazed. Left it there again for the 4TH!!! Time now, to come back 2 days later to a resprayed bonnet with paint runs... a massive patch of scratches on my roof, plastic plug missing off of the inside of my door (in the jam) my BRAND NEW $800!! Headlight melted!!! It's like they've stuck a rag with paint thinners on it and let it eat it away! & white overspray all over my black front grille.. I just took my girl home. I'm not wasting any more time on those monkeys that call themselves the best panel shop of 2017! That is absolutely ridiculous! They looked at me every time I pointed something out like I was a stupid girl. (22yrs) I will NEVER leave my car in the hands of CAPITAL SMART ever again. Look closely at your repairs make sure you point out the faults, they relay on you not noticing!

Poor quality repairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Very poor repairs, bumper does not fit properly, paint missing and scratch, headlight not adjusted. Small piece of trim "removed" from undamaged area, they must have had a greater need for it. Will change my insurer if these are the type of repairs they approve, had no choice of repairer. Lucky my car is not a new one.

Narre Warren

• 2 helpful votes

Excellent all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Today I went to give my car in through Aami insurance to capital smart Knoxfield.
Nicholas is a complete gem, he managed to arrange everything and found him very honest and compassionate.
Well organised company and would recommend them to anyone.
The time frame was marvellous too, I can’t fault them at all.

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I had minor boot damage to my Camry. Arrived at the appointed time and an assessor quickly assessed the repairs required. Within minutes a taxi arrived and took me to my destination. Text messages kept me informed of the progress of the repair. Car was ready two day later when a taxi took me from my home to the workshop. No paperwork to complete. Repairs were made "as new". Departed within minutes. Faultless service from the receptionist to the assessor. An extremely pleased customer.

Sydney

Poor workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

They replaced a plastic moulding on the front fender. After a couple of days the moulding popped out, it hadn't been attached properly. I was asked by GIO to take the car back there again, which I did. This time they hot glued the moulding, because they didn't have the right clips. It's scuffed and covered in glue and the panel is misaligned. Very poor workmanship and no care. This place is owned by Suncorp, who also own my insurer, GIO. They pride themselves on quick repair time, but the quality of the repair is poor. I wish I had never taken my car there, but I wasn't given a choice.

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

From booking my vehicle in to having it delivered to my door was a very good experience,lovely staff members were very helpful and were a pleasure to deal with

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Quality of workmanship is very poor

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Quality of workmanship is very poor and no quality control at all. I've seen apprentices do better work. Car came back dirty with smudge marks all over and bonnet doesn't follow the contours of front guards as it is bowed but didn't have a choice of repairer.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Colour matching was done by Stevie Wonder Actually he would've done a better job

1 of 3 pages