Verified Customer

Quality of workmanship is very poor

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Quality of workmanship is very poor and no quality control at all. I've seen apprentices do better work. Car came back dirty with smudge marks all over and bonnet doesn't follow the contours of front guards as it is bowed but didn't have a choice of repairer.

Comments

Colour matching was done by Stevie Wonder Actually he would've done a better job

Repair of minor car body damage

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I would like to record my satisfaction with the repair (replacement of wing mirror and door panel) and the management of the repair process for my car carried out by Capital Smart at Mascot in September 2017. (Capital Smart was mandated by my insurance with GIO) I consider both the drop-off and pick up of the vehicle 3 days later later was managed professionally and courteously.
The repair was well done and I was pleasantly surprised to find the car cleaned inside and out (the first time it has been so well cleaned).
The complimentary taxi rides after delivery and for the pick-up made the process hassle-free.
Note I wanted to post this review after reading other negative reviews to provide balance and decided to go to the Mascot centre as it had the least negative reviews. But I was initially apprehensive of their repair process.

WORST REPAIRING, BEWARE OF CAPITALSMART

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

This is my second time experience with capital smart.
really worst and horrible repairing.
replaced my bumper and they have forgot to put the screws,
and bumper came off!!!
not fixed the cars properly.

Australia

• 12 helpful votes

Do Not Trust Capital Smart

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Dodgy and dishonest - tried to make me accept my car after repairs knowing full well part of the damage wasn't fixed!!! I took my car to the MILE END SA shop to have the rear bumper and rear quarter panel fixed after someone reversed into it. It was through my insurance company Aami. After 3 days I was told my car was ready and organised to pick it up the next business day. They were running late despite being the first pick up appointment of the day.. when they finally brought my car around I noticed straight away the rear quarter panel was still bent in where it met the bumper. I pointed it out and the employee told me that it was just the bracket and brushed me off. After I persisted he then said 'oh yeah we tried to fix that this morning but yeah' after I told him it wasn't good enough and I wasn't taking my car like that he said 'well I guess I could get the boys to take the brake light off and try and bend it more for you if you want'. On top of this the final job is not great either the paintwork on the bumper edges is poor and obviously the service is appalling.
It is absolutely disgusting that Capital SMART tried to make me accept my car knowing the job wasn't completed. I would never trust them again or recommend them to anyone.
Be careful if you are insured with Aami too - they were uninterested in the problems I had through their 'recommended and trusted' repairer.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

BEWARE of Capital S.M.A.R.T butt Part 1

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I was rear-ended (without fault) and upon arriving home phoned my insurer (APIA) to notify them of the accident, and in doing so made a claim via phone. The insurer was made aware as to the extent of the damage which included damage, to my LCD Screen, I expected to receive the vehicle back FULLY repaired without the inconvenience I suffered on a prior occasion where the repairs were unsatisfactory causing me to return such to the repairer numerous times. I also sought to have the vehicle repaired at a repairer closer to home and more convenient for me but I was not given the option of an alternate repairer . I was instructed to take the vehicle the Capital SMART at Banyo even though the insurer informed me that Capital Smart was not capable to totally repair the vehicle Furthermore Capital Smart was about an hour away.

I objected to such but the only option was Capital Smart on the Southside of brisbane (I reside on the northside) I did as dictated to and noticed that the staff at first instant were friendly and eager to please....in fact 'overly' friendly! I also took notice that the workshop was unusually quiet which was not common for the vast quantity of cars being repaired. Capital Smart reiterated that they would not attend to the damage to my LCD Screen, that I would have take it up with the insurer. I was told that the repair would take 2 or 3 days. Then it began! I was phoned by them to be informed that my rear mudflap was no longer available, that I could source a second hand flat myself, and that the insurer would cash settle me for it! The intention was to give me the vehicle with only one rear mudflap which I (on behalf of my wife) found unacceptable. I told them to make sure that provided me with the damaged flap as in the meantime, that the damaged flap was better than no flap at all.

Their response was that the flap had been thrown out, and besides I could not have it back as it was the property of the insurer. I objected to such informing them of the legal position ....that the flap would remain my property until an agreement was reached with the insurer and that they best recover the flap. They refused! They were no longer friendly or obliging but dictative in order to get their way. As such, I contacted the insurer informing them of my legal right to my personal property (the mud flap) and that the repairer had refused me access to that property informing the insurer as to my legal rights in regard to my personal property. The insurer wanted to cash settle me there and then but I insisted that I would look at that matter at the completion of the repair and the discharge of their obligation, I insisted that I retain ownership until the insurer and I came to a settlement and demanded that the insurer instruct the repairer to give me possession of my flap.

I received a phone call from Capital SMART saying that they 'dumpster dived' and retrieved my flap. Is this the end of my complaint .....absolutely NOT ....This is but Part 1.....To be continued The message here is: 1. Do not let Capital S.M.A.R.T touch your car 2. that it should be outlawed that insurers have more than one legal identity e.g the insurance group of Suncorp Apia AAMI etc 3. that the relationship between an insurer/s and repairer should be an arms length transaction e.g the insurance group and Capital S.M.A.R.T this is simply a conflict of interest.

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Would not listen to the customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

Met with the manager. Vehicle had consequential damage from impact. The manager would not listen took to another panel shop and they really looked over my car and qoited correctly. Poor service and poor trade staff. Go to sheens panels for better service

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer

Fantastic service and job - I couldn’t be happier :-)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

The reviews on here don’t do Capital S.M.A.R.T Myaree justice.
I was hesitant to drop my car here for repair after reading the reviews below and I can honestly say I am 100% happy with the job they have done. My car was booked in by my insurance company, AAMI and I was told it would be ready in 3 – 5 working days. I dropped the car off on a Monday morning, was provided with a complimentary taxi to my workplace and by Tuesday afternoon I was phoned to say my car was ready for collection, I was offered a taxi to collect the car. Service was great, very friendly and helpful.
Thanks so much team, my car looks great!!

Really excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

An AAMI repairer. I am very happy with the service (Wentworthville S.M.A.R.T.) I received. The repairs were carried out ahead of estimated time. They paid for a taxi back to my office and for the taxi from my office to the repair shop once the job was done. The office staff were efficient and professional. The manager I met with described what they'd do and how long he estimated the repair would take. Highly recommended.

It took them 3 goes to get the paint right - no quality control

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 02, 2017

I recently lodged a car insurance claim with AAMI and through lack of time and better judgement, I didn't get other quotes and just took the car to Capital Smart. The side of the car was damaged from the rear passenger door across to the rear bumper. After getting the car back the first time, I noticed the white undercoat paint showing through under the blue paint of my car in numerous areas inside the rear passenger door. I asked them to fix it using a spray gun, not touch up paint. My car was in their hands for a second time and I got it back, same issue - this time in different areas of the door. So I gave the car to them a third time and they seem to have fixed it properly. Never again - no apology was given by them.

Terrible repair job - after having my car for 1 month - it was still not done

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

A car smashed into the rear of my car pushing me into the car in front.
Due to the high speed, the driver who smashed into my car needed to be towed. He was insured with AAMI, worst insurance company - ever! (Insurance company is disputing the liability at the front of my car).
Since the accident, their repairer CAPITAL SMART had my car for an entire month.
Today I collected the car and to my surprise, they only replaced the rear bumper bar. The boot is still out of alignment, meaning you can now look inside the car, even when the boot is closed and the automatic tail gate is no longer working.
I picked the kids up from school today and stopped the car outside the doctors. After getting in, the car would not start - according to the NRMA Roadside assistant its due to a flat / faulty battery, which had been jump started recently, I assume by CAPITAL SMART. (What?)
Hence, I had to get the car towed back home in the middle of the night.
Worst experience ever - how can they say that they are the number one repairer?
What I learned out of that? - I bought and installed the best dash cam on the market, front and rear which constantly records what happens so that this does not happen again!

Worst repairer ever used

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Every time my car goes in to be repaired through AAMI it comes out with problems. Paint won't match existing paint work, repairs not done correctly, don't replace what needs to be replaced. Cars actually come out of that place looking like they were in an accident. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE. ALL CAPITAL SMART WORKSHOPS DO THE SAME TERRIBLE JOB.

Job Well Done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Repairs to the front bumper area of the car were completed by SMART repairs at Peakhurst under an accident insure claim with GIO.
The work was completed quickly, and to a very high standard .
The panel and paint finish was faultless. The workshop area was spotless.
The staff were polite and helpful.
I was very impressed with the work done on the car and could not be happier.

Canberra

Friendly and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

We had some minor dings repaired and the service was friendly and the whole process efficient. The quality of work is excellent so even though we went there for an insurance claim I would recommend them to anyone

Worst than terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

Sent in the car for repairs after being rear ended through AAMI. Got back the car with poor paint job, a different car's transmission badge fixed on, warning lights all illuminated, and was told was that the car is still safe to drive after resetting the ECU with ABS, TCS, i-stop faults still illuminated or flashing. Obviously didn't test the car before returning it. Not professional, very bad experience.

Canberra

• 2 questions
  • 7 answers
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

DO NOT LET AAMI SEND YOUR CAR HERE!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

terrible, when AAMI offer to send your car to their "recommended repairer" SMART, do not let them do it. These people are bloody hopeless. We had my mazda in there for a simple rear bumper replacement after my wife was reversed into in a carpark. It came back and the paint was the wrong colour, there was an orange peel effect in the paint, there were imperfections in the paint, it hadn't been aligned properly, the parking sensors weren't re-fitted properly. The car was 2 months old and was still new, we wanted to keep it that way. We called AAMI and they asked us to give SMART another go (which despite my better judgment, we did). When we dropped it off I pointed out everything that was wrong with it and was advised by the manager that they would be able to fix it all. We got it back again and the paint was still the wrong colour and there were still imperfections in it. When we asked the manager what the story was he gave us a bunch of cobbswobble about the paint not being able to be the same colour because the bumper was made of plastic hence the colour difference. I was furious. After contacting AAMI again and demanding it go somewhere else, we took it to Canberra Bodyworks in Queanbeyan and shock me, when we got it back from them it was perfect, paint was the right colour everything had been done properly. It took a few extra days than they had originally estimated but that was because once they took the bumper off they discovered that SMART has just tried respraying over the old bumper twice and had stuffed it up so badly that they had to order a new one. Avoid this place at all costs, they are owned by AAMI so to save money on their own repair jobs they cut corners wherever possible and rely on people not being bothered to take cars back and make them do it again properly. If I could give them zero starts I would

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

If you want more trouble, take to these guys!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

Book the car in for a front fender and bumper repair. When I got the car back after 3 days, the new fender is not level up, colour does not match with the rest and they refuse to redoing the job. So now I have to go around booking for other repairer to do the job. And if you there, look how the guy name George will talk to you, he will start the fight before you ready!

Melbourne

What a disgrace

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

SAY NO TO SMART REPAIRS How they got paint streaks on my rubber moulding is mind boggling. What's even worse when I took it back they " fixed it up" by rubbing and smearing the paint all over the entire moulding. Clearly useless and incompetent.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Do not go to Capital Smart.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Capital Smart destroyed my car during the repair process - panels lumpy, poor paint, leaky boot and missing seals and hinge parts. After multiple attempts at repair, it still was obviously not satisfactory. Even to the naked eye. GIO (who own capital smart) then prevaricated for month after month which was a process designed to wear me down. A $66,000 dollar car rendered worthless. The St Mary shop is the one who did the work. Under no circumstances take your car to Capital Smart. Having said that, the people in the office at Alexandra are very friendly and polite.

Extremely Poor Workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Overspray everywhere, car wasn't masked up properly before it was sprayed, the car was filthy when it was returned to me. White paint on the black bumpers, paint on the seats inside the car. They have had my car for over four weeks and it's still not ready. NEVER LET YOUR CAR GO TO CAPITAL SMART AT RIVERWOOD.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible experience. Never go again! Should be "0" star.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

1. The receptionist was not happy with me because I arrived at the place to pick my car up 15 minutes before their closing time but no one ever told me I should get there at least 30 minutes earlier.
2. I have to call RAA after I picked my car and drove to the Good Guys just cross the road because the malfunction waring light was on. I have to wait about 1 hour for RAA to come and RAA also said it may come from the repairer's mistake.
3. I drove the car back on the second day because the car hasn't been fixed properly (more dent, bubble and hair under the paint). I explained what happened the night before but they said nothing. They also tried to tell me my car was repaired by their contractor not them so it was not their problem. They eventually accepted to re-repair but three more days. I asked for reimbursement for my husband's taxi fee from airport back home but they refused.
4. I picked the car up one week after the second repair but the result was still not satisfactory. I had to wait there again for repolishing but I gave up eventually even though I was still not happy because the manager tried to tell me that's the best result I could have.
5. I also changed my car insurance due to this terrible experience because my car insurance uses Capital Smart as their nominated repairer and I don't want to go back to this repairer so I had to change the insurance to avoid this repairer.

1 of 2 pages