Love the convenience!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I really love you easy it is to use. Super convenient, clear instructions and at a decent price. Would definitely recommend to others.

Great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I have been a owner of a vehicle and CND has helped me get extra money and been amazing with every transaction. Even when my car has been damaged and also written off the attention to detail was amazing.

I have also borrowed using their app and found the range of cars and prices to be the most affordable, I would highly recommend Car Next Door to any one thinking of borrowing or having their cars being borrowed

It is very handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I used the service twice and it was great. I will definitely use it again.But they should set some standard such as the cars must not be too old.

A Big Help.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Customer Service is great and polite. Payments did take a bit of figuring out but now is totally understandable and cost effective. The vehicles have always been pretty spot on to their photos, give or take some rain influences. I have chosen specific vehicles for specific tasks, luckily I have a good choice where I live.

Love the idea

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I only talked to customer service once, and they were really helpful.
Payments are done as expected and as communicated till now.
I always get the same vehicle i booked.
I used the vehicle for shopping, as i don't have a car yet.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you! We are happy to hear that Car Next Door is helping you to get around without owning a car. Just using a car when you need to drive will save a lot of money compared to owning one you don't use much!

a great option for newbies in Australia who are yet to buy a car.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I was suggested car next door by a colleague. Since I live in suburbs and do not have a car at the moment, commutation on weekends was a nightmare specially with public transport. With car next door I could make my normal trips to IKEA, Bunnings or Chadstone over weekend and it costs me half the price of what I would pay for Uber or any other cab.
Booking the car is very easy and even cars are of good quality. So far I've had no complaints.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Carnextdoor is a boon for all who don't have a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I was introduced to car next door through a frantic google search. Car rental companies are good but they tend to be pricey for longer distances are are quite rigid. Car next door offers assistance to car owners and car rent-ers and are economical and helpful. Have used car next door for long and short trips as are pretty organised.

A great option for short trips.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Car Next Door is easy to use and they provide clear usage instructions. The day rates are very affordable but the per km cost can add up so do your sums! We use it for short local trips a couple of hours at a time and this is where it’s a great affordable option compared to other car share schemes or owing a car.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Zef! You may have seen this already but we've put together some info to help people compare Car Next Door with traditional car hire for longer trips. Hope you continue to enjoy using local c... read more »

Perfect for hiring affordable cars quick, easy and flexible!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

The vehicle was used for a weekend away. The complete process was done without hassle, payment, renting, returning. Appreciate the good service.

Expensive service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I really like the idea but its just way more expensive than traditional rental companies. Dont get me wrong. I like the idea of carnextdoor. But for every driven km you pay 33cents on top to the rental fee per day which just makes it insanely expensive if you go on a weekend trip for like 400km or so. I paid like 4x more than renting with a traditional company as with normal rental companies you do not pay per km anymore.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Hi Marc, it really depends on the type of trip you're planning, the time of year (Car Next Door doesn't have peak pricing), the type of vehicle, and whether you want to reduce your excess. You also... read more »

sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Love what CND do for our world!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I would absolutely rate Car Next Door for creating a great car sharing platform. There's still a few teething problems like any start up but they've really been awesome if you're wanting to rent your car out and make a bit of money on the side. I think it can depend on the area you live in though as to how much you can make. I've recommended CND to a few people now who are also thinking about using the platform. Great work CND!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your support!

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Worst car company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

They installed a etag without telling me n don’t want to refund me my money back for paying double tolls.
No one mentioned to me anything about a etag installed. Worst worst company. Don’t sign up.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Hi Diana, I'm sorry that you were confused about this - as we've clarified with you (and I think you now understand), you did not pay double tolls because your old toll tag was removed. Our toll ta... read more »

Yeah so sorry about it. Will remove my comment once I get my next mth rms statement. Thanks.

Car Next Door Official

Thanks Diana, however unfortunately Product Review does not let people change or remove their statements.

So easy to use!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

Having tried or looked into several car sharing options Car Next Door is without a doubt the easiest and quickest option. Within 24 hours you’re good to start renting and there are no mandatory monthly subscription fees (that’s the best part!) I have never had any trouble finding a car and the rates have been fine. The app works well and is easy to use. Highly recommended!

Easy to use app and accessible/easy to locate cars

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I've used this only twice but it seems quite good. They didn't oversell the service to me and the app was easy to use. I was given as much information as possible. I didn't have to access the customer service as my transaction of renting the car went smoothly. Payments were handled well. I used the vehicle for errands. I was happy to know there is a service such as this because I don't wish to own a car right now but do need it for some errands. It's nice to know we can share with community, plus, I have the option to choose a different car every time I book. It's quite fun to have this kind of choice! Haha! : )

Verified Customer

Life saver on more than one occasion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Thank you so much for this service! I don't have a car with a tow bar and had a handful of items to move from point a to point b - a quick search and I found someone had a ute available for cheaper than a removalist or other hire companies I looked at. Cheers!

Always good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

With just a little planning I find Car Next Door to be a really helpful solution that helps me when I need it (usually utes and vans)

Perfect for when you need to move items

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

Car next door is perfect when you need to move a small amount of furniture - too small to pay someone to do it but a bit to much to fit into a car. Hiring a van for a day is an easy and cost efficient option.

Verified Customer

Good and bad of renting experience.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

I used vehicle for moving house hold items as I was moving from one house to another. It was easy and was the right fit for my need. The only problem I faced was understanding the bond hold. First time I rented the car I estimated the kms, so they charged my bond plus the cost of rent for van. Then the bond amount hold was changed but I didn't receive any credit worth bond money. So it was difficult to understand the way in which bond works as I felt I didn't receive the bond money. But the team at car next door said it was never hold. So it's better if you hold a bond. So there is a clear entry in account of holding money and then giving back. Cuz the current method is confusing.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Hi Yash, I'm sorry this was confusing! It's a 'pre-authorisation' on your card, so basically our system contacts your bank and checks that there is enough money on your card to pay, and the bank th... read more »

Now I don't need to own a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

The step by step instructions are easy to follow and eased the stress of my first-time hire. Now on my third hire, and it's everything I hoped it would be. I only really need a car on those weekends when I have the kids - to do the running around. The rest of the time I catch the bus or use Uber. Car Next Door was the missing link. Now I will save thousands of dollars each year because I no longer need to own a car that sits idle most days. Yet I have the flexibility of using a car that suits my needs any time I want and it is way cheaper than the big name car hire firms. More convenient too. There has always been a car closer to me than any rental car shop front and Car Next Door is open 24 hours!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much Geoff - hope it helps you and your kids to make the most of your weekends together!

Car damaged by a renter, 1 month later still no repair in sight.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

Car damaged by a renter in August, copped two infringement along with the damage.
Car has been driving recklessly for over 1000 Ks, received damage to the front left bumper and lamp.

No repair arranged for over a month after actively chasing them up every day for 4 weeks, and no expectation of any arrangement in the future.

I have even sent an email directly to their CEO, yet he did not even respond.
CS has never once actively updated on my claim, I had to call and chase them everyday to get a response.

Don't even bother renting your car out with this pathetic excuse of a company, its just not worth the risk

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Hi Gary, we haven't been keeping you up to date with the repair process while we investigated and liaised with the repairer and insurer, and we're really sorry for the frustration this has caused -... read more »

1 of 41 pages

Hi Car Next Door. I am an owner and the installation should have happened a week ago, but the technician didn't have any chains to attach Fred to my house. I was told that CND would be in touch to rebook. That has not occurred. I have called your company twice and I haven't had a response. I have made an enquiry on Facebook this morning (very nicely I might add) and it has been deleted!! Can you PLEASE contact me so that we can finalise this? So far I am horribly disappointed with your customer service.

Amy Leighton asked on May 24, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, you may be sorely disappointed here also I’m afraid. I’d love to help but you’ve gotten through to a customer of car next door as opposed to the company themselves.

Hi Amy, I'm really sorry for the delay in getting your car live - our installation team has responded separately by phone. I can see that your car is now live and about to go out on its first booking - thank you for your patience with getting started.

These guys are a nightmare - definitely don’t do business with them. They actually harass you for stating you are “not satisfied” you are given a selection of satisfied or not satisfied with their customer service. Have a look at my review where he demanded I change my review. They have this weird approach to owners and customers.

How often do you put a 10-day hold ? I have been using the application for a month, today it asked me to put another $250 as a hold!!!!

Mary asked on May 03, 2018

Answer this

HI Mary, we only take the hold twice per borrower. Each hold lasts for 10 days, so if you take more than one trip in the 10 day period the hold will cover all those trips. If you take another trip after the first hold has expired, we'll place another hold then. After that we won't take the hold anymore. If you private message us your full name or email address we can look up your account and confirm if you have any more holds remaining.

We are going Brisbane for holiday. Are eligible to borrow from car next door. How about the insurance? Appreciate your advice.

Ella asked on Apr 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Ella, when you borrow cars with Car Next Door you're covered by our comprehensive insurance. The standard Damage Cover Liability (which works like an insurance excess) for drivers over 25 is $2000. You can choose to reduce this to $500 for an extra charge per trip or by joining on our Heavyweight plan ($19/month). If you have any more questions about insurance, take a look in our Help Centre: https://carnextdoor.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/sections/201066329-Insurance-for-borrowing-cars

See all 15 questions about Car Next Door