Its awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Been using it for over a year and loving it every time. I book a car at least 3 times a month and its great to be able to drive different cars depending on what Im uo to: weekend road trip, city drive or moving things or a group of people. I always find a car that fits near by and the experience is smooth. Thanks to carnextdoor i can drive as much as i want with out owning a car :)

Car Next and ME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

With in this time frame honestly i am saying to all " This company is very good for me And i thought going good in a future too . "

Great system for renting out your car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Bookings are easily made through the website.
Customer service is excellent: 24/7.
Cars need to be in very good working order, to enable them to stay listed otherwise they will be taken off line.

Works Perfectly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

We use the service every couple months. Plenty of vehicles to choose from, clear instruction & lots of supports. We use cars with child seats and there are a lot to choose from. Cant fault the service.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you, Andrew!

Super Convenient and No Need to Buy My Own Car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Robyn! The Inner West is a great spot with plenty of choice of vehicles, so it's good to hear that you're finding the cars you need for different trips. Great tip re: the phone charging, too.

Such a great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Booking is easy, and because its based on location cars are almost always right near by. The system is easy to use. The only drawback at this point is that they're isny an app yet so its all done on the web. The cars are easily accessible, clean, and best of all petrol is taking care of. SO while you pay for KM's you don't have to worry about petrol. I've only had a handful of strange things happen like a car not being returned ontime, and the 24/7 help has been amazing.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Adam! The app is getting very very close to release (version one will focus on booking and managing trips and the owner/car management side will be the next stage). We are really excited ... read more »

Verified Purchase

Freed me of the shackles of owning a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Great cars, helpful staff and a super easy platform to use. I've lost count of how many people I've told to get on to car next door.

Screw registration and upkeep, go car next door!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Great stuff Richard - thanks for spreading the word, and make sure you use your invite code so that you are rewarded (and give rewards too) when you invite friends to join. You could be doing a fair bit of free driving!

Perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Over the past 2 years, I've used CNR sparingly. Costing me a total of $450. Imagine if you owned a car for that amount of time, the cost of running it, registration and insurance... I love the community aspect of borrowing a neighbours car. There are so many of them to choose from! Not owning a car also gave us a much healthier lifestyle as we commute mostly by bike. If you live within 10km of the city you really have no need to own a car. Use a car share service like CNR, live minimally and save the environment!!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Sounds like a really smart (and cost-effective) way to use cars, Peter - drive when you need to, use your legs when you can! Really happy to hear that it's helping you to avoid car ownership as one... read more »

Verified Purchase

Perfect when you need a car but don't have it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Booking is easy, a lot of cars to pick from nothing to be worried about. Already made tens of trips with different car each time, depending what you need - van, small, or SUV - all are here.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Good to hear that you're getting to try out a range of different cars! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Neighbourhood gem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I love Carnextdoor and no longer need to own a car. If I did own one I would list it on CND. I like the communal atmosphere they create in the neighbourhood. It's easy, affordable, environmentally friendly and has great customer service. The more we use it the less cars we'll need.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much Cat! Creating that feeling of community, reducing the number of cars needed, and helping people save a bit of money along the way is what we're working towards, and I'm really happy that you are enjoying being a part of it.

Ideal for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Carnextdoor is perfect for me. I don't need own a car because I only need one once or twice a week. Carnextdoor has me covered there. There's several makes and models to chose from where I live and there's always one available. Quite simply ideal for me.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you for the kind words Peter! So good to hear that it's working well for you.

Run your car for free!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

As an owner I couldn't be happier. I was contemplating selling my car as I didn't use it every day and the cost to register, insure and run it was pretty significant. My car is regularly booked but not so much that I don't have access. I have kept track of every dollar earned and spent via Car Next Door and after 9 months I had covered ALL expenses: registration, insurance, roadside-assistance, petrol, services, cleaning and tolls. Now I have my car to use whenever I need it, but other people are helping me pay for the running of it. It's a WIN for everyone!

1 of 35 pages

What if return the car earlier than expected?

Samir asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samir, if you return the car early, you will still be charged for the rest of the time (the unused time in your booking). This is because the owner has missed out on the opportunity to rent the car to someone else, or may have made alternative transport arrangements expecting their car not to be available. However, if you end your booking early and someone then rents it, you won't be charged for that part of the time. For example, if you booked for Saturday and Sunday, but returned it early on Saturday afternoon, and then another member booked it for Sunday, you would not have to pay for the Sunday. Hope this makes sense!

what's the insurance situation? can I get zero excess insurance? and how much does it cost?

bigal asked on Jan 04, 2017

Answer this

Insurance is included in the fee when you rent a car. The usual excess is $2000 but you can reduce it to $500 either by joining the $19/month "Heavyweight" plan or by paying an extra $1.50/hr or $18/day. There is no zero excess option. Check out the pricing details (including for insurance) here: https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/borrower-rates-and-plans

Do you have to pay a bond type deposit before you pick up the car ?

Shaz asked on Sep 03, 2016

Answer this

You won't need to pay a deposit, but instead we may put a 10-day hold on your card to secure your booking. (That's a 'pre-authorisation' in bank-speak).

The hold will be for an amount between $300 and $500, depending on factors including whether you're a local or an overseas visitor and your credit history. We will always tell you the amount before we put a hold on your card.

This amount is set aside by your card provider, but your account won't be debited until final payment is processed.

The pre-authorisation ensures that there will be funds on your card to pay for the booking, including any damage, fees, fines or tolls we get notice of after your booking ends.
For more answers to common questions, please visit our web page and click on "FAQ" under "for car borrowers".

See all 5 questions about Car Next Door