Great idea, incredibly easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Have now rented 4 different cars through car next door and each time the experience was great. Searching for, booking, locating and returning cars was quick and easy, the price is amazing and the initiative is long over due in my opinion. Highly recommend.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Liam, really appreciate the recommendation!

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Booking was easy. Reasonable pricing and very convenient. I love the idea that anyone can make money off this vs supporting a massive corporation. The car is also conveniently located in your neighbourhood and even just up your street. No need to get to a main office or premises.

Great service. Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

They are a great team, good service. Easy. No hassles. Good to have insurance at decent rates, and GPS tracking, and cost recovery on my car. I recommend this service to others. Why have your car sit idle - get it earning! I've had almost no damage to my car other than normal expected. Also, when an accident occurred (not a renter), their sorted the insurance promptly. All good.

Verified Customer

Easy, cheap, just around the corner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

I ought to have used this mode of transport sooner! It is very easy to book, drive and return cars, and it's more convenient and close by than rental companies, and cheaper too. And makes sense too: why have cars wasting space, and why not reduce the number of cars on the road? I sold my own car and just rent one when I on rare occasion need one.

Verified Customer

Perfect! A car right when you need it !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Great customer service, great variety of cars and great experience so far!
I have definitely recommend it for friends who don't need a car often or cant be bothered maintaining one and even for family members who were considering a second car and now realise its much cheaper to just borrow on the go!

Fantastic if you need a specific type of vehicle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

The app is really easy to use & so was the website. The customer service was fantastic, when I had a problem. The van I booked was exactly as listed & suitable for what I needed.

Easy Booking System, makes getting around the city easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Booking is easy, I have found the extend booking feature one of the easiest functions to use. This has allowed me to extend while I am out and about, without worrying about trying to get the car back on time. The freedom of using a car, and dropping it back off without having to go to center is really useful in the city,

Well priced for local use and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

We have used this service a few times now and will continue to do so. People ask us how we manage without a car and we always smile and say "we always have one next door" if we need it.
Easy to book and they clear instructions if a back up plan is needed ie issue getting into the lock box for the key etc (not that we needed it but it was reassuring to know it was there).
Depending on the level you wish to spend we were able to choose a car or van to suit our purpose. And each car or van was ideal, clean and mechanically sound.

We love this app.

Great idea!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

I bought a car as I have my kids on most weekends. The rest of the time, unless it is pouring with rain, I use my motorbike (the kids kept falling off that). I am new to the scheme and have my reservations about lending out a car which I love, other kids sitting in my child seat etc etc. So I am looking forward to seeing if my car can pay some of its own upkeep once borrowers know where it is. So if you are in Matraville, and fancy a trip to the beach with the kids, look me up on Car Next Door, and help me keep my carbon footprint down!

Totally Aesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

Bookings are easier with the current App. Just abit slow when getting into the app. Customer Service is exceptional good. A few difficulties on the weekend early to get help. But Help is its ok after a few calls. Everyone still taking their beauty sleeps. Hahah.
Quality of car is really good. Provided to my needs.

I Love Car Next Door

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

Car Next door offers a relatively simple, cost effective, convenient service for great range of vehicles. I use CND frequently; from moving stock in a van, to a weekend drive up the coast in a convertible.
Its like having a fleet of vehicles in your garage without the cost.
Car next Door has become an integral part of the infrastructure in my busy life.
I love it !

Such a handy service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I find this service one of the easiest and quickest ways to get about. I tend to book for shopping trips or beach days! There is always a car within a 10 minute walk and the cars are always kept in good conditions, clean and tidy. The only thing that is frustrating is the deposit hold. Other than that I would fully recommend using!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Hi Amy, so glad to hear that you have been enjoying it! We place a $250 hold for your first two trips only, so after a couple of trips there is no deposit to worry about. Hope you have many more fun beach days this summer :-)

Verified Customer

Brilliant way to stop your car going to waste

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

We have our car listed on Car Next Door and sometimes use another car down the road from someone else. Borrowers are almost always very good to the car and the few times we've had an issue, CND were very helpful in taking care of it.

Verified Customer

Fantastic concept, and reality!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Car Next Door is a solid, viable reason not to own a car for the foreseeable future.
I've used Car Next Door for a couple of months now, and love it!
I use it once a week to do my weekly grocery shop and run errands. For a very small amount of money, I get everything I need to do, done. I'm insured, and fuel is covered.

Booking via the app is super easy. The experience is really pleasant. I'd recommend (and have done so quite a bit) this to many people who live a similar lifestyle to mine. Car Next Door fits in perfectly.

Happy to say the least.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

I rent my car to you. The quality, service and care, are good. Other than having to wait for my petrol-card, it had been around a couple of months, effortless!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Kumar, and apologies that the fuel card has taken so long to get to you! It is supplied by a third party and they can sometimes be a bit slow. In the meantime, your borrowers can pay for fuel and we'll arrange a refund. Happy sharing!

So easy and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

I’ve been using Car Next Door for a while now and it’s really easy to use and good for people with no own cars. Pricing is also reasonable for short distance trips. Highly recommend!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Nea, we're really happy to hear that!

Convenient and Well Designed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Car Next Door is a well thought out service which makes the process of renting a car much easier than traditional car rental services, while still ensuring security for both the car owner and the renter. It is also MUCH cheaper than traditional car rental companies which is a huge bonus. Extending times and booking system is also very easy and quick to organise. Whenever I tell my friends they're amazed at the level of simple automation as well. You never need to meet the driver unless you want to because the app handles it all! Well done to a small Aussie team for such an innovative product!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Verified Customer

Easy to use and variety of vehicles - handy for moving too

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

I've used this service to rent a van on two occasions (different van's each time) to move some furniture and its super easy and convenient. If you buy something late at night and need to transport it you can just find a van and get it sorted. No need to go through rental companies and you can usually find something local. The website is easy to use from a mobile phone too - just make sure you read the member agreements and understand the service - its different from a car rental company (also watch out where you park when you return the car).

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much for the review and those tips - you're right, it all runs smoothly but each car is different so it's important to read the instructions and know where to return the car. Happy travels!

Verified Customer

Great concept for owners who rarely use their car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Great system, great community concept and the team is working hard to create a product that benefits the wider community. It's important to remember that these are people's cars and not cars from a hire company so they won't be as clean as something from one of the Thriftys or Avis' of the world. Much cheaper and the money goes back into the community rather than these large multinationals. A start-up company that is receptive to feedback and is continuously improving the services offered.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you so much Nicholas - we have really appreciated you being part of the community for so long! Best wishes from the team here.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer

Brilliant if you don't have a car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Carnextdoor is super easy to use and give you the option to rent a range of cars at a great price. So far I've rented two different cars multiple times and it's been a great experience both times. The cars are always clean and reliable and I feel comfortable driving them through the city when I'm running errands. It's a fantastic platform to use if you only need a car from time to time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 24 pages

Hi, What happens when the fuel becomes almost nil while driving long distances? Do we need to refuel it and how does it get adjusted?

Pun asked on Jul 30, 2017

Hi Pun,
If a Borrower needs to refuel, they pay using the fuel card located in the car glove box, at most major petrol stations. They don't pay for the fuel - the owner pays for it. The cost of fuel is included in the 33c/km that Borrowers pay when they drive.

Is it possible to rent a specific make of vehicle? Can it be done as a one off only?

Cin asked on Jul 25, 2017

Answer this

Yes, there are a lot of makes of vehicle available through the platform - just use www.carnextdoor.com.au/search to find the one you want. You can rent as a one-off, but you will need to join online first (it's free and fast).

What if return the car earlier than expected?

Samir asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samir, if you return the car early, you will still be charged for the rest of the time (the unused time in your booking). This is because the owner has missed out on the opportunity to rent the car to someone else, or may have made alternative transport arrangements expecting their car not to be available. However, if you end your booking early and someone then rents it, you won't be charged for that part of the time. For example, if you booked for Saturday and Sunday, but returned it early on Saturday afternoon, and then another member booked it for Sunday, you would not have to pay for the Sunday. Hope this makes sense!

See all 7 questions about Car Next Door