Verified Customer

Brilliant if you don't have a car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Carnextdoor is super easy to use and give you the option to rent a range of cars at a great price. So far I've rented two different cars multiple times and it's been a great experience both times. The cars are always clean and reliable and I feel comfortable driving them through the city when I'm running errands. It's a fantastic platform to use if you only need a car from time to time.

Changes the way I live in the city, at less cost

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Car Next Door is very user friendly and I always find a car close by, within a 10 minute walk. I've had a couple of issues with app but the website is easy to use so it hasn't been a problem. The cars are always clean and tidy. It makes it very easy for to run errands or get out of the city for a hike, without the hassle and cost of owning my own car.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

That's wonderful to hear, thank you!

Seriously awesome customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Sadly while using Car Next Door I was involved in an accident :( really scary and I was totally shaken up. I called to report it and get guidance, Britt from customer service was SO AMAZING! She calmed me down, explained everything I needed to do, contacted the car's owner, organized a tow, and literally made me feel supported. Her kindness even extended to a follow up call the next day to check in how I was - on a Sunday no doubt her day off. This company goes above and beyond and I am so grateful to Britt for helping me with first class customer service in a scary situation. Thank you to Car Next Door for employing real people, not robots! Thankfully no one was hurt and cars can be replaced. The owner was also incredibly underatanding as well. Highly recommend this company, creating a great service for the community!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

So glad to hear you're safe Janel, and thank you for sharing these kind words - we'll pass them on to Britt.

Better Than Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

I won't sugarcoat anything here, you can prove it yourself. To be honest, at first, I'm not very convinced that borrowing other people's car can be this easy. Carnextdoor not only gives an easy way to borrow a car, they also facilitate all you need to rent a car with less fuss at a competitive price (you can compare it yourself!). I'm surprised how they come up with a thorough idea like this, intuitive website to make booking, easy step-by-step guide when borrowing a car (reminder, card for fuel, lockbox,extend booking, damage check, etc.). You can choose car type according to your need. You don't need to worry about rego, insurance, or maintenance cost. All round excellent experience for me.

No need to own a car.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Everything is so easy manageable. From booking till car returning.. No hustle. Everything is really convenient. Lots of cars always available in requested area. Online service is always helpful and friendly.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you so much Silvia!

Why wouldn't you use this service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

I've recently come across the Car Next Door service. I love it !
The service is all online, easy to use & you can always find available cars to meet your needs.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Frank, we are so happy to hear that!

Exceptional service and fantastic business idea!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I am a car owner and have been on the platform for over one year now. My car was recently in a small bingle and CND were so quick and efficient arrangeing for the repairs. The car came back the cleanest it's ever been - absolutely sparkling. I was so happy with the quality of the repair and the extra service. Highly recommend!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Annie!

Great customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

I own a car and rent it out through Car Next Door. At first I was super sceptical about the what's and if's and pretty much all of it happened to me, but the customer service was impeccable and they are super easy to deal with, they keep all of their promises and go well beyond that. Thank you!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Kam - we really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.

Perfect way to live without a car!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

The booking is very easy and the customer service is very responsive! I had to ring them once and got immediate great results.

I love the little car I borrow - around the corner from where I live.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much Maree! It's handy to have a favourite car around the corner - hope it continues to serve you well :-)

Simple and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

It's simple to use and easy to follow directions on how to sign up and to borrow a car. Every car I've used has been great with no issues whatsoever.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Great to hear that Emma, thank you!

So easy to use!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I have been really happy with the prices to rent a car through Car Next Door... and it's so easy to use! The instructions are really clear and after your first time, it only takes me 5 minutes to get the keys, take photos and go.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Madeline! We now have an app to make it even easier to get on the road - check it out if you haven't already :-)

Excellent Idea!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Easy to book
Easy to find the car
Car in good condition
I really liked the way everything was arranged (GPS, kilometers counted automatically and the car key location).
Overall, Great experience!

Very handy service at short notice.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Locations are everywhere and available 24/7. The vehicles are clean, reliable & affordable, you only pay For the distance you travel and the time you need. I will definitely use the service again. 5 Star rating.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Good to hear it's come in handy for you Justin, and thanks for the kind words!

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Easy to join, easy to book, and very affordable. We used this for a few weekends in a row, and the process was as simple as can be. I can not recommend it more.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you so much, Robert! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and wishing you many more happy weekends with Car Next Door.

Easy, fast and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Great service and easy to use. Simply create an account and off you go. I have used the service twice to move furniture in a van. You can book by the hour or by the day. Vans have always been located near by and in excellent condition. This is such a great idea and so much cheaper than hiring a car. LOVE IT!!

CAR REPAIR

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Would just like to say that your repair service is excellent.
I received a text from Zain from Ultimate Collision Repairs on Friday saying my car would be delivered back that evening – and it was.
I really appreciated the pickup and drop off service and they did a fantastic job with the repairs and returned the car all washed, shiny and new.

So great! So easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

The entire experience is fantastic; convenient and seemless. I love Car Next Door. The cars have been just what I've booked. The locations are super handy. I'll be using this service again and again.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Susie, so good to hear. If you ever need a hand be sure to give us a shout.

Verified Customer

Good and new way for sharing resources

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

It's very easy to borrow and share the car by car mext door platform. The idea, including the procedure, is creative. Definitely it worth to have a try to borrow or share.

sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Its awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Been using it for over a year and loving it every time. I book a car at least 3 times a month and its great to be able to drive different cars depending on what Im uo to: weekend road trip, city drive or moving things or a group of people. I always find a car that fits near by and the experience is smooth. Thanks to carnextdoor i can drive as much as i want with out owning a car :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Car Next and ME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

With in this time frame honestly i am saying to all " This company is very good for me And i thought going good in a future too . "

1 of 22 pages

Hi, What happens when the fuel becomes almost nil while driving long distances? Do we need to refuel it and how does it get adjusted?

Pun asked on Jul 30, 2017

Hi Pun,
If a Borrower needs to refuel, they pay using the fuel card located in the car glove box, at most major petrol stations. They don't pay for the fuel - the owner pays for it. The cost of fuel is included in the 33c/km that Borrowers pay when they drive.

Is it possible to rent a specific make of vehicle? Can it be done as a one off only?

Cin asked on Jul 25, 2017

Answer this

Yes, there are a lot of makes of vehicle available through the platform - just use www.carnextdoor.com.au/search to find the one you want. You can rent as a one-off, but you will need to join online first (it's free and fast).

What if return the car earlier than expected?

Samir asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samir, if you return the car early, you will still be charged for the rest of the time (the unused time in your booking). This is because the owner has missed out on the opportunity to rent the car to someone else, or may have made alternative transport arrangements expecting their car not to be available. However, if you end your booking early and someone then rents it, you won't be charged for that part of the time. For example, if you booked for Saturday and Sunday, but returned it early on Saturday afternoon, and then another member booked it for Sunday, you would not have to pay for the Sunday. Hope this makes sense!

See all 7 questions about Car Next Door