So easy and flexible

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

It is so easy to book and use the service. I had one car just around the corner from the Air bnb that we used.. so could get a car for a few hours or a couple of days.

Absolutely Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Amazing idea, amazing execution.
I can get a car whenever I want, according to my needs - be it a station wagon for this occasion or a small car for another occasion, there's always an available car not far from home that I can just jump in and borrow (including over new years weekend!). No need for prior booking, just see what's available and go for it! Owners were always available (when driving an LPG operated car or for questions about an aux cable in the car), and when I had to pay for fuel because of a technical problem (usually included in the price per km and paid with a card that's in the car) - I got the money back directly to my bank account within a day or two.
I think this is an amazing solution to car ownership - owning a car is expensive, and most owners don't need it all the time. For both car owners and car borrowers, I think this is really cutting the cost while allowing the ease of having a car.
Bless you, Car Next Door!

Can choose any type of car, its fun driving with all sorts of body.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

As its a easy way to sing up and and choose car from nearest locations. It's a new concept live cars from real people thanks car next door for letting me in your team.

So easy and quick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I love how I can spontaneously decide to go for a day trip, book and pick up a car near me within 15 mins and be on my way. No advance planning and filling out rental car forms required! Pick up and drop off any time of the day or night, public holidays, weekends, whenever!
Sometimes car next door can be a little more expensive than an ordinary rental company, depending on how far you are going, but you really can't beat it for convenience.

I love it! It's a real solution when you need a car ASAP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I think that the better of this service is that if you have an user already created so it's really easy find a car near to you when you need it, you just have to select a car that fits to you in size, description, location and price, that's all.
It's all up to you so always you can find cars availables depending of what you want.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

That's true, once you've set up your member account it is really easy to find the car you want and book instantly. Hope you have many more happy trips with Car Next Door Daniela!

Verified Customer

Perfect to those who don't own a car but suddenly need a car for a while!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Car next door actually provides me one of the cheapest car rent whenever i need it. Love it so much!
The car is easy to book and find. The quality of the car is as is what being advertised.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Albert, we love that you're loving it!

Couldn't be more convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

The booking process is easy with great detailed step by step instructions.
The cars I have used have been fit for purpose and in good condition.
Can not fault the service

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Glad to hear, thanks Lizzy for taking the time to write a review!

better then owning a car! all the benefits, without the hassle.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Booking and payments are very easy and clear.
Customer service is very helpful and timely.
Quality of cars can differ, just read description properly to not have a surprise.
Price is fair, cheaper then normal rentals

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Nanda! We appreciate the kind words. You're right, every car is different, so it's important to read the description and the owner's instructions carefully. Happy travels!

Good money maker!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

I have my car on the service and make around $500pm (living in Surry Hills). Highly recommended for some extra cash. Occasionally a borrower might leave some rubbish in the car or make a mark here and there but it is worth it for the cash you make (if you dont care too much about your car).
CND contact centre needs a bit of improvement thought. Takes ages to get a response via email.

Fantastic idea and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Everything from beginning to end was easy. I can't fault my experience. My only wish is that there were more vehicles on your books closer to my home, I'd use the service much more.

This concept is excellent !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

It was really wonderful to take the help of Car Next door to move many items from shop to home. The App is very user friendly and you guys giving a buffer time of +15 minutes is also awesome so that we can plan any unpredictable traffic. Customer care was easily reachable and I got my queries answered very fast. I shall be using Car Next Door again for my next upcoming tasks. Thank You

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Rajan!

Best place to hire cars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Amazing customer service, great for the environment, community vibe and a great way to earn a bit of cash on the side!

I love using CND and would recommend it to everyone!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much Josie, that's lovely to hear!

Verified Customer

Great way to lend your car or borrow someone else’s

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

We have our car for hire on Car Next Door. When we’re not using the car it feels great that it’s being used by someone else. The technology (website, lockbox) is easy and user friendly and the customer service is fantastic.

Finally a car rental company who is user focus

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2018

This is just the easiest fastest and most enjoying way of booking a car. The app is great and work seamlessly. The process to access the vehicle is an easy step by step guide within the app. The pricing structure is very clear and it’s easy to work out how much you’ll end up paying. I’m not talking about the great cars that some people make available. Hire Amy of these models through a usual car rental agency and you’ll pay hundreads a day.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Robin! You're right, one of the fun things about Car Next Door is that there is a big range of different car types to choose from - glad to hear that you've found the app easy to use.

Perfect alternative to old-school car rental companies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Registeration process is a very simple and service available for people holding foreign license, booking process even simpler: set desirable period - found suitable car in your area - book. You take and return cars whenever you want: 3am on Sunday - no problem!!!
Customer service is excellent. I had to contact about fuel reimbursment - everything went just fine.
Cars are exactly the same as described, you can read reviews from previous borrowers and decide if you want this particular car or not.

For some people it could be ''too complicated'' to open a lock box but in fact it's extremely easy if you follow instructions carefully.

The only drawback that they don't have cars near my area and I have to take a train to get one, but if you're more lucky than me just jump into the car :)

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Andrei! We're hoping to reach more suburbs as we grow, so keep an eye out for cars closer to home :-)

The perfect alternative to owning a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2018

The booking system is easy to use with plenty of options whether I need a run about or packing for a weekend camping trip. In addition there is something for every budget.
I have found the customer quick and efficient, effectively addressing my enquiries
The cars I have received have been mixed - two have been fantastic but one was in really poor condition. The steering was terrible and the tyres were bald.

Great concept and customer service very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very quick and simple to book a car close to your home. We had an issue with a car as the owner let the lockbox inside, the customer service has been very helpful and found a convenient solution very quickly. Definitely recommend it

So handy, easy to use and a life saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very easy to set up and very clear instructions on how to use. Much cheaper and less time-consuming than traditional rental and nice to feel part of community. Would recommended!

Very convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very easy to create a booking - no need to deal with anyone. Simple and convenient. Their customer service is really on top if you need any assistance at all.

Very handy :quick, reliable, hasslefree and economical

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very easy to create booking, I have made several booking so far, changed bookings on the fly, never had to call customer service because the booking channels handled everything for me.
I use their app which is extremely easy to use.
Quality of the car depends on the car you pick. Mine were in good condition.
Will definitely recommend carnextdoor to users like me. You can rent a car for the price of a small Uber trip for the whole day

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Good to hear this, thanks Navdeep!

1 of 28 pages

If I borrow a small car for 13 hours and travel 140kms is it cheaper to go to a rental company? CND will charge (say) $30pday + $0.33cpkm = $76 approx

marksy12 asked on Feb 11, 2018

Answer this

It depends how much you pay for the rental car per day, whether you reduce your excess and how much you pay for fuel (fuel price + the car's fuel consumption per 100km). If you don't reduce your excess and get a cheap small rental car with good fuel consumption then it will probably be cheaper for your trip. You can use the calculator at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZC0P4uWPzP-qqL-o_A176Ytx6ky60YQEg0JFqV5Maw/edit#gid=0
Also consider whether you need to travel to get the car and whether you can pick up and drop off 24/7 if that is relevant to you.

I am going to Melbourne airport Tullamarine, how about the tolls ,,, who pay ?? How to pay ?? I don’t want to have problems in the future please help

Dàvid asked on Jan 08, 2018

Answer this

There is an e-tag in the car, so at the end of the month that your trip was taken, any tolls from the trip will be charged to your credit card.

Does the distance you drive impact the cost for the day for petrol? Looking at hireing for a day but will need to drive From Melbourne CBD to the Yarra Valley and back. and are late drop offs ok?

Tiff asked on Dec 18, 2017

Answer this

Yes to both. Just check their website for km charge

It depends on the amount of km’s you’ll be driving. I think a normal rental car is better for longer distances. I think fees apply for late drop offs but just check the FAQs on their website for the details. If you use my code “SKPKBY” then you’ll receive $15worth of driving credit.

You pay 33 c per kilometre, which includes fuel and also covers the car owner's wear and tear cost for the vehicle. So 100km is $33. Your trip is 500km each way, so it may be better in a rental car (depending on the time of year and what rental car prices are available). You can pick up or drop off 24/7.

See all 10 questions about Car Next Door