True green initiative

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

Finding and booking a car is a breeze. The team is very responsive. But what I like about this service is that it is a true green initiative unlike other carsharing services which buy new cars and list those for rentals.
Quality of cars is not out of the world but I can live with that given the intent of the service.

Verified Customer

Easy to use, quality app

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Super easy to use and the app has most of the functionality you need. Usually loads of cars around on weekdays. Book ahead if you want a local car on the weekend.

Verified Customer

Well organized car sharing program!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

I have recently moved to Brisbane and didn't have the funds or want to own a car because of the high associated costs. At the same time I moved into a new place and in the process of furnishing the house I need to hire a ute. My wife and i did a quick price and availability compression around our area and found that Car Next Door services were:
- cheaper than all car hire companies
- better availability of cars for the times we needed, and location (the cars we needed were much closer to us than any other rental company)

At first we were quite unsure about the quality of the cars and ease of use, but to our surprise this service was so easy to follow and use! from booking, picking up the car and returning of the car, it couldn't be more easy than it already is with the app.

Now as we settled into our place we reconsidered getting our own car and sharing it as well on the Car Next Door!

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Guy! That is great to hear. If you can get around using your neighbours' cars instead of buying one you'll save a heap; and if you do buy one then offsetting your... read more »

Easy tiger

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Not a problem , get the app , and click your way into the drivers seat . it’s so easy and value for money you can’t say no to carnextdoor just give it a go .

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thank you Leigh! That almost sounds like a jingle we could turn into a TV ad :-)

Easy and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

Easier than expected and very handy. We have since sold our car as it is way cheaper for us to borrow the car around the corner a couple of days per week. Also gives us the flexibility to have a choice of cars... last weekend we were able to pick up a van to take the mountain bikes out whereas normally we just use a sedan.

Efficient, economical, fabulous!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I use Car Next Door (CND) solely on my phone. Everything is outlined clearly and there are step by step guides to do anything you need to. Highly recommend CND for ease of use, efficiency and economical value. Obviously you are borrowing 'real people's cars' so the car may not be as clean as a normal rental, but this is a minimal annoyance balanced out with all the other features of the system. Would highly recommend.

NO RENTAL CAR REQUIRED!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Easy booking process, easy to find a cheap car nearby, excellent service.
App is easy to use and cars are clean and in very good condition, you can choose to borrow for a much more specific time frame than most car share services.

Professional and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

From beginning to end, getting set up on Car Next Door has been efficient and friendly. The platform is easy to use and the owners guides and manuals online give me all the information I need. I had a problem with my first borrower (my fault) and CND called the borrower, made sure everything was tickety boo and emailed me back an update. So professional.

Verified Customer

Outclass service, The best and cheapest when you are in need of a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Easy to register even wit your overseas driver licence. really nifty and hasslefree way to rent a car.
Customer services were up to the mark
Cars were in awesome condition with very affordable prices.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Good to hear, hope you're enjoying your travels!

So convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I used Car Next Door to get away from the city for a weekend. All around a very easy and convenient experience. Cheaper and easier than renting a car. Plus, it's nice to feel like neighbours helping each other out.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks so much Julie!

Nifty and easy to book a car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

I've borrowed cars at least 4 times from Car Next Door. It is a really nifty and hasslefree way to rent a car.

The app navigation itself it pretty easy. I specifically liked the extend the car feature that let me extend my rental by about 15 min along with all the instructions on the whats and hows in the mobile app.

I also liked the system used to generate the lock because it was easy to locate and use and seemed fairly secure. The cleanliness of the cars vary but, have been mostly good.

Customer service has been pretty good in all my interactions.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Bhumika! If you ever find a car that's not clean, please let the owner know so that they can improve. Happy travels!

Great for small trips.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Bookings are quick and easy.
The process of getting the key and finding the car is so simple.
The quality of cars vary but mostly well maintained.
Each car has a year model and features listed so I found it easy to find exactly what I want each time.

Ryde, New South Wales, Australia

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

I'll never own 2 cars again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2018

Booking was really easy. Extending the time also. The car was fairly new, clean & exactly where the app said. My grown-up kids were forever borrowing my 2nd car. Now I've sold it and they are happily using Car Next Door.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Works great. Saved ton of money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

System works great. App need more user friendly changes. But, who cares when you save so much money. We rented one van and a car for 3 weeks. Very easy to do.

Comments
Car Next Door Official

Thanks Don! There are some big improvements to the app user experience that we're working on at the moment, so over the coming months you'll see some changes there.

Fun and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

The app is so Simple to use, takes the hastle out of hiring a car. the customer service is great and the cars I have used have always been just what I wanted.

Great service and perfect conditions

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Very good, easy to drive, clean and convenient, easy access through the app, easy booking, short distance to my home, also different choices of vehicles and various range of price. Convenient also the fee for the petrol, that easy when you don’t have to think about it

So easy and flexible

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

It is so easy to book and use the service. I had one car just around the corner from the Air bnb that we used.. so could get a car for a few hours or a couple of days.

Absolutely Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Amazing idea, amazing execution.
I can get a car whenever I want, according to my needs - be it a station wagon for this occasion or a small car for another occasion, there's always an available car not far from home that I can just jump in and borrow (including over new years weekend!). No need for prior booking, just see what's available and go for it! Owners were always available (when driving an LPG operated car or for questions about an aux cable in the car), and when I had to pay for fuel because of a technical problem (usually included in the price per km and paid with a card that's in the car) - I got the money back directly to my bank account within a day or two.
I think this is an amazing solution to car ownership - owning a car is expensive, and most owners don't need it all the time. For both car owners and car borrowers, I think this is really cutting the cost while allowing the ease of having a car.
Bless you, Car Next Door!

Can choose any type of car, its fun driving with all sorts of body.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

As its a easy way to sing up and and choose car from nearest locations. It's a new concept live cars from real people thanks car next door for letting me in your team.

So easy and quick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

I love how I can spontaneously decide to go for a day trip, book and pick up a car near me within 15 mins and be on my way. No advance planning and filling out rental car forms required! Pick up and drop off any time of the day or night, public holidays, weekends, whenever!
Sometimes car next door can be a little more expensive than an ordinary rental company, depending on how far you are going, but you really can't beat it for convenience.

1 of 29 pages

We are going Brisbane for holiday. Are eligible to borrow from car next door. How about the insurance? Appreciate your advice.

Ella asked on Apr 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Ella, when you borrow cars with Car Next Door you're covered by our comprehensive insurance. The standard Damage Cover Liability (which works like an insurance excess) for drivers over 25 is $2000. You can choose to reduce this to $500 for an extra charge per trip or by joining on our Heavyweight plan ($19/month). If you have any more questions about insurance, take a look in our Help Centre: https://carnextdoor.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/sections/201066329-Insurance-for-borrowing-cars

How do you know someone won't use your designated fuel card to buy fuel for their, or any other, vehicle?

Isobel asked on Apr 06, 2018

Answer this

Hi Isobel, we can check the fuel purchase against the trip records to see that it matches the distance, and use the GPS tracking to match the refueling to the car's location at the time.

I'm thinking of signing up . I do read that users saying even though its $0.33/km including fuel, the hire cars are mostly empty on fuel when you take it. So you end up filling up tank and paying mileage as well. Is this how it is?

loosu kat asked on Mar 05, 2018

Answer this

No, not at all! The 33c/km includes the fuel cost. Each driver has to leave the car at least 1/4 tank full. If you need to fill up, you just pay using the fuel card in the car (or if it is missing for any reason, just pay for the fuel and submit the receipt through the app to get reimbursed).

be carefull. i hired a 2008 kia rio for 17 days only used it for local driving i was charged $759.00 plus i found an unaurthorised deduction of $250 (not security bond ) short hires are great but don't make the same mistake i did

See all 13 questions about Car Next Door