Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: SA, Adelaide

Reasonable price and good service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I moved a 2-bedroom unit with full furniture to my new place which was about 13 km away. I needed to arrange 2 trips in 2 different days to complete the move. The booking was straightforward and the staff contacted me to inform their arrival. They immediately started to move my stuff to the 4.5 ton truck when they arrived. The staff were paid a good care to my stuff and nothing got damaged. Things had gone as planned. I was happy with their service given what I paid for. If you are looking for good service with reasonable price, I highly recommend CBD Movers!

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Customer, Thank you for leaving a positive review, We are thrilled to read such an excellent feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the most genuine “Movers” in Australia. We will surely pass... read more »

Bad move

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Had a small move approx twenty five cubic meters. They took nearly six hours to move on the same street. The national standard is ten cubic meters per hour. They had used my furniture trolley and took it and left their old one. Still haven't been able to resolve.

Would NOT recommend! Big regret

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Beware of this company! Wish I read the reviews prior to choosing them to help me move.
I had two large lounges to move 45 mins to an outer city suburb in Brisbane. The job took 1.5hrs and I was charged 3hrs. I had arrival times and photos to prove that the times the movers had logged were incorrect but they still didn’t take responsibility. I have witnesses and everything but customer service will use the same excuse “we have to take our drivers word for it” or “there was traffic between pickup/drop off” (there wasn’t). So many inconsistencies, all of which I have outlined in many emails to them.

Worst Removalist EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

These guys are the WORST EVER removalist ever used and would NEVER recommend them. I moved from one unit to another in the same complex- 100 mtrs move. They took 9.5 hrs to move all my belongings were packed up and half my belongings was already pack in the garage so easy to load to there trucks. They tipped me off $835 to move 100 mtrs after quoting me for 3 hrs. I have moved numerous times for my work and have never taken this many hours EVER. Biggest rip of company - the guys moving just were so slow and kept stopping to eat and chat and talk on there mobiles and billed me for it. I left numerous voice message for the owner to contact me and they never call me back.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Shanteil, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can inve... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Stay away from this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

The initial booking for a fridge to be delivered on Wednesday the 30th of may by 2 movers (as we indicated that we were not assisting with the move) was postponed because the truck that was booked for us had a broken tailgate causing major inconvenience as no other trucks were large enough to accommodate the item we were sending. We made accommodations with the receiving party to push the delivery date to the 31st of May as I was assured by CBD movers team that there would be a truck the next day to fit the item available then.

31st of May, at roughly 10am a truck pulls into our factory with 2 men arrives. The van sent to us did not have the appropriate clearance to fit the fridge even though we made sure during the booking and subsequent rebooking to mention the height of the fridge being sent. At 10:51 am after extensively trying to work out an alternative with your dispatch team, the only option that we could see fit was to lie the machine on its side and take the risk it will be okay as all other trucks were not available until late afternoon. The movers that was sent did not have the strength to move the fridge onto the truck themselves so they had to request the help from myself and a staff to assist.

Upon getting to location 15 minutes away, the movers also requested our help unloading the machine. All was done by 11:37, however your drivers also charged us for the time they stood around watching videos on their phone while I was on the phone with dispatch working out a solution to the mistakes your company made. In total I had to pay your drivers $182.70 plus the $40 fuel levy that was charged earlier. The amount was paid as I did not want to cause a scene in front of our customer as your staff was clearly willing to do.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Kenny, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can investi... read more »

Contacted your office over 4 months ago without response other than you are looking into it. Wont waste any more time doing that.

Crap is all I can say

DONT USE CBD MOVERS

Unreliable let me down twice, no phone call just don’t rock up.
My friend booked them and they did the same.
Will never use them again and will let everyone now they are trash

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Michelle, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can inve... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Never Ever Go With Cbd Movers!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Oh ma day, one of the most horrible services ever !
They called me super early at 6 am ish 'Sir, we were not able to send a big 8 tonn truck, the only available truck is 4 tonn' This was the first surprise because i wanted to take my stuff move in one go... I accepted it. At about 6:30 am 2 slim guys came in and started to look around the house... and started loading things in the truck on a snails pace, (they were worst then snail), i am being reasonable here.... things were going super slow and suddenly they saw my 65 inch Television ! 'Sir we cant take this television, you have to do it your self !' I was surprised at that time and refused of doing it myself, as i have already provided the list of things a month ago (when the service was booked and told them explicitly about placing the TV in between two mattresses), they called their miserable and helpless customer service to sort this out. The customer services called me and said 'Sir you have to sign a form which says, if damage happens to the TV, CBD movers are not liable and if you do not sign, we wont take it, book another movers service' ...I was holding my anger and was struggling with it.....they kept on loading stuff on a snails pace then suddenly they scratched the half side of my new double door fridge...OMG man.... the front panel which shows the temperature and everything was scratched from the sides, You know what they said in defense? Sir the marks were already there previously....that was it ! I took photos, soon will be submitted to consumer affairs.
Ahhhh... I took the photos and stopped them to load anymore stuff.

@ drop off location (which was 500 meters away from the pickup location)

They started unloading stuff and then they saw the stairs of a town house and said:

'Sir we will charge extra for the stairs'

I said, you only have to load ikea bed frames upstairs and mattress thats it...leave the rest on the ground floor.

'No sir, you have to give us $40 cash and no receipt will be provided for that'

I said i am not gonna pay any extra money, I told CBD movers during booking that it is a town house, i even shared pictures of my house !

'Sir, if you will not comply, we will leave the stuff on your doorstep'

I said, your are welcome to do that but then i will call the cops on you...

Their attitude changed after listening to that..anyways...

They kept on unloading stuff, literally throwing stuff on the floor, they teared my mattress cover during the process...broke some kitchenware etc.

I did a written complaint to their hopeless and terrible customer service, just for the records.

This is what they told me

'Sir we investigated this matter and the movers told us that you were shouting and was rude with them, the scratches on your fridge and mattress cover damage is negligible'

In about 2 and a half hours, they only moved 40% of my stuff

Anyways guys, I ended up booking an urgent movers service they costed a lot more but they did their job perfectly, and moved my TV as well, every thing was handled carefully.

I am putting efforts to write this down just to make you aware.

Once again guys, book someone from gumtree instead but not them !!!

I am going with Consumer affairs for a better outcome...

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

False advertising and will take longest route of travel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I cant even be bothered to write about my very negative experience with this company.
They were late to begin with and took 1.5 hours to come from Thomastown to Taylors lakes in non peak hour period just to deliver a king single mattress and dismantled bed frame with 2 movers. I then called to speak to someone only to be passed around and still no resolution as nobody knew what was going on! So incompetent and caused so much stress. I booked them so that everything would be easier.
Sounded cheapest price but you are better off going with a company that charges straight up $100 in a case like mine instead of sneaky traps!!

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Tina, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can investig... read more »

I was shown how poorly my 'trouble' was handled on the day I rang. The drivers waited in the driveway while I was passed around on the phone as nobody could 'do' anything to help me. The drivers co... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Perth

Very professional, on time and very careful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

CBD were amazing for me - moved all my belongings into a tiny apartment with care and respect. They kept me informed all the way.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Kathryn, Thank you for leaving a positive review, We are thrilled to read such an excellent feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the most genuine “Movers” in Australia. We will surely pass ... read more »

Hidden costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

They should stop advertising no hidden costs
1. Fuel charges to start with, extra $30 than the normal charges advertised
2. I asked for 2 people and an extra person turned up and I'd to pay $35 per hour extra
3. 1/2 hour increment is not really for 30 mins, for my 2hrs & 20 mins job I'd to pay for 3hrs. If the job is more than 15 mins we need to pay for an hour, that's the explanation I was given by the mover
4. Credit card payment again extra
5. They didn't have a sticky tape and we had to supply them to stick there protective covers in the truck
6. No invoice for my payment yet
7. One side of the cross trainer cover is broken while moving in front of us, no apology or anything

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Bulu, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can investig... read more »

No use, this looks like an automated message. I did contact the Customer Service before I submitted the original review, all what I was told is when we contacted the movers they said it was explai... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Never use this company!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

We made a booking to collect our thing between 10-11am. They didn't show up until 4pm. The guys in the truck say they didn't even received our work order until 2:30pm so they lied when they said they'd allocated a truck to our job. All we had was a small 2 bedroom apartment with 1x bed, 1x couch, tv, fridge, washer and dryer, plus some boxes (which we took to our storage unit while we were waiting for them). It then became apparent they didn't have enough room in their truck for all our things so had to come back the next day to finish the job. Plus during the move my wife had to tell them how to get thing out of the apartment and direct them how to do their job! Because they were so late they also got stuck in peak hour traffic which means we had to pay more for travel time!

I was on the phone to them all day and they weren't sympathetic at all. They just said "this is what can happen in the moving business" and didn't offer any for of compensation for the major inconvenience they had caused.

This is the first time I've ever reviewed a business because I've never been so mad a frustrated with anyone in my whole life!

Never use this company! EVER! I would get them negative star rating it i could.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Haydn, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can investi... read more »

Perth

Perth Team Very Professional CBD Movers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

The guys here in Perth WA were very professional and followed through. Phoned when they were leaving the pick up and arrived in a timely manner.
I would definitely use them again.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Vicki, Thank you for leaving a positive review, We are thrilled to read such an excellent feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the most genuine “Movers” in Australia. We will surely pass on... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Big mistake - worst service ever!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Made a grave mistake of engaging with such a terrible business, without reading the product review.
Booked in a pick up & delivery on 29 September 2018 from a warehouse to our place. For starters, the movers arrived late by an hour making my husband wait without breakfast at the said location. Then upon arrival at our place, they damaged our facade area while backing their vehicle. The damage occurred due to careless reversing of the driver which could have been avoided if one of them had guided the other while parking the vehicle. They blamed us for not giving them directions to park. When asked them to cover for the repairs they said we must contact their customer service. I contacted them immediately and informed about the damage. I said I will withhold the payment until the repairs are made. The staff assured we email them the details & it will be attended to. An email along with photos was sent to CBD for action the same day.
On 3Oct 2018, they replied back saying they have discussed the matter with the drivers and they refuse to accept their fault. I confirmed they were lying and we would take the matter to Consumer Affairs Victoria. Then they called and asked not to escalate the matter and we provide them with a quote for repair & they would cover for damage. A quote was emailed to them on 12/10. Then on 13/10, they refused to honour it by saying they cannot proceed with it. We replied that it is totally unfair and we would escalate the matter to CAV as informed earlier. They replied back saying we can.
The whole experience has been mentally disturbing and very unprofessional. Makes me question if costumer engagement ethics still exists.
The matter is now raised further for action and if required legal action will be taken against them.
I wonder if the drivers are even qualified to handle customers & at least hold a certificate course in logistics.
I request others affected by this business to connect with me so we can collectively appeal for action.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Gayathri,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. One of our officers has already replied to you, please follow up with the officer in you need further help.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Buyer beware. Cheap doesn't buy trust.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Terrible. Buyer beware. Cheap doesn't buy quality or trust. Arrived at the wrong address and charged me for the wasted time. Had to help them find both locations. Refused to unload until I paid for their own delays. It's been a week since I've lodged a complaint and no response. Would never use them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Customer,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. Please share your booking number so that we can look into it at the earliest.

Henley beach

Absolute rip off!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I had a small 2 bedroom apartment to move just 6 kilometres away and it took 6 hours. After 1 hour when it was apparent the 2 lazy removalists were being paid by the hour and were going to milk that for all it’s worth I got my two brothers to do all the grunt work to make sure it didn’t take all day. Worst removalist I have ever had and I have moved interstate many times. Don’t waste your time with these people..it sounds cheap but in the end it isn’t!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Cat, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our concerned officers can investiga... read more »

Canberra

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Massive damage!!! Wouldn't help at all!! Cowboys!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Left a huge scratch on the hardwood floors and never responded to my emails. Appalling, have had to get Fair Trading involved.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Melanie, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to share your booking number or submit a trouble-ticket by following the link below so that one of our... read more »

Perth

• 2 comments

Broke my lounge,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

They charged me 2 hours for 1 hours work
Pretended they arrived at 2.30 when they called my phone at 3.36 because they couldn’t find my house although they drive past it with all my furniture out the front of my house!
They got out of the truck and they were both on their phone I said I couldn’t go over two hours so they left heaps behind only took one hour... !
They asked for the money, I questioned the amount knowing that’s I’m paying to talk to them I just gave them 2hours

I had see they broke my lounge, The guy said I didn’t do it, I ask if it wasn’t broken before u put it in your truck he said nothing, then he said “I packed it probably I don’t know what happened and they would take money from my pay”

The company said they used blankets!! The back support cushion has been pushed all the way through
because they dropped it or it fell on a cabinet

And that they said the customer didn’t contact them... I emailed a photo of the damage with the workers still at my house and called 3 minutes later

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Customer, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to share your booking number so that we can look into the matter. You can also submit a trouble-ticke... read more »

Booking No: Z65P 191166

I was emailed a ticket for the matter to be investigated and still have heard nothing from Cbd....

Brisbane

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Very happy - fast, reasonably priced, on time, careful and respectful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I called Wednesday pm to have furniture collected (that I'd purchased from Gumtree) on the Thursday pm.

Was given a time slot for arrival, the guys called me before they got there to give me a closer ETA, were polite and respectful of both me, the seller and the furniture, wrapped everything very carefully, were also very careful in my home when bringing everything in.
VERY reasonably priced.
I've complained about every other removalist I've used in Brisbane for many reasons, but I don't have any complaint to make.
Neil and the team were great to deal with, thanks again. Happy to recommend.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Caroline, Thank you for leaving a positive review, We are thrilled to read such an excellent feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the most genuine “Movers” in Australia. We will surely pass... read more »

victoria

NEIL,NOT ARMSTRONG BUT THE GUY FROM SALES

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I and my Partner Cathy booked CBD movers for moving my house, i was looking for moving companies online and i contacted with most of the companies but they gave a good price and best customer service.
Got job done after little delay, the guy named NEIL, was extremely helpful, he helped me in very professionally. He talked very politely and understand my situation at every moment.
I highly recommend everyone who needs someone to move the house or other things, book your job with CBD movers.

good on ya mate!
Cheers.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Pat, Thank you for leaving a positive review, We are thrilled to read such an excellent feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the most genuine “Movers” in Australia. We will surely pass on t... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. SO STRESSFUL. INCOMPETENT.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

This was the worst moving experience I've ever had. Extreme lack of customer service. Incompetent workers who take ridiculously long - stretching out the move so you pay more, causing you stress. I used a different company last time which cost more per hour but would have been SO much more worth it - would have taken less hours, they would've done a better job, and not made it so stressful.
- Rude to me from the very start. Late to arrive and stalling and wasting time (which they then made me pay for said time). Called me insisting I come down from the building to show them where to go. There was a loading zone in front of my building which is allowed to be used for moving. VERY clear & obvious, he was just not listening to me and was abrupt and rude.
- They handled things questionably and at many points lacked common sense
- Took items down in such a bizarre order - made no sense. E.g. heaps of boxes, chairs etc. still in my living room, but they insisted on taking a set of drawers from the bedroom which was blocked by the bed frame!? Bed frame was still intact - when I booked the man on the phone said the men could disassemble furniture but they seemed very reluctant to do it, and given how slow they were being I started to do it myself... right after when I had started was when they insisted to take the drawers.
- I was able to take items down from my apartment at more efficient pace than them. They seemed to not care at all about time or trying to be efficient. Often carrying one item at a time (like 1x chair, walking at leisurely pace).
- They placed items IN FRONT of the lifts in my apartment - on my floor level and also on the ground floor in the lobby, also placed items in front of other doors in the lobby, obstructing access. Have they even heard of OH&S or common sense?
- Workers disappearing and coming back smelling strongly of curry.... Sorry, but are we supposed to pay them to take breaks when the move should have only taken a couple of hours? (were only loading up the truck at departing destination, not doing a whole move - thank god).
- caught kicking around a plastic bottle around in the car park area (when I was rushing trying to bring down more stuff, no wonder I was moving faster than them). Just shows how little they cared.

... I could go on.
I tried to express my frustration at such a poor experience with their customer service team but they could care less, said they 'had discussion with the movers who performed your job on the day and they stated that the entire job was performed with due care and skill'. ARE YOU KIDDING? Do you think they would admit that they were so rude and incompetent?
Did not try to address any of my concerns.
So yep - SAVE your money. SAVE your mental health. Just go with a company that knows the meaning of customer service and professionalism.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Carly,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We request you to share your booking numbers so that we can look into the matter.

CBD Movers

Hi there, I contacted your ‘customer service’ team on the day before the move was even completed, and also afterwards via email. Both times they very much brushed off my experience, not caring to c... read more »

1 of 27 pages