Filter By:

Verified Customer

Reliable, affordable and took care with our items

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

We moved our 3 bed home contents from storage to a house, and I would happily book these movers again. They arrived on time, were careful with our furniture and boxes, took time to plan loading of the truck to maximise space and minimise damage, resulting in no damage to our items and everything placed well to sort and unpack. They were courteous and saw the whole job though. I'm very happy with this move.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Laura,

Thank you for leaving a positive review.

We hope you will use our services again whenever needed and would recommend us to your friends and family.

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Moved a 3bd townhouse into a single story one hour apart. Guys arrived at 11 (time frame was 8-11) and quickly packed everything to the brim!

Dismantled the bed, Couch, washing machine and fridge and reconnected all at other end.

Super helpful and friendly. You get what you pay for, might not be the most experience but came with the right attitude and tools.

Would definitely use again and recommend.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Lauren,

2 moves in 1 day

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

The team arrived on time which was so good. We moved my 2 bedroom place then returned to move everything to my office with the real heavy stuff. the guys handled it all no complaints and did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend them. Thanks so much :)

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Shauna, Thank you for leaving a positive review. Your positive feedback will definitely motivate the entire team. We hope you will use our services again whenever needed and would recommend... read more »

ALFREDTON

• 1 helpful vote

Never Use These Movers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

The worst movers I've ever dealt with. The 'professional' movers threw my belongings, couldn't be bothered to move things where I wanted, damaged multiple items of my furniture and then customer service refused to compensate me after the movers lied about the damage. The movers are very shifty also, pretended their EFT machine was out if order so that I would pay cash. Ate my food and stole from me. The worst customer service centre to deal with also.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Customer, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We value all our customers and don't want to put them in stress on a moving day. One customer service has replied to... read more »

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately your customer service officer was not interested in resolving my issue.

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

OK move but dodgy pricing and invoicing

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Recently had CBD move a small amount of furniture. As a result my fridge now has a small dent in it and I was not impressed when I saw one of the movers rolling my lovely blackwood table on its edge out of the truck!
I was also charged $225 in cash but received an invoice later for $152.50! No reply from CBD when I queried the difference. If you use CBD, keep a watch on how they handle your goods and check pricing carefully!!

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Michael, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We value all our customers and don't want to put them in stress on a moving day. One customer service has replied to ... read more »

I have not received any communication from your customer service. Perhaps this could be sent again?

Dear Michael,

We have noted your request and someone will be responding to your request in next 48-72 Hrs. We appreciate your patience. Please follow up with the officer if you need further clarification or help.

Brisbane

• 1 question

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

It was a beauty Bed for Salon
Quite heavy,needed two men minimum.
Yes Movers were on the pickup location on time .
And they reached to the drop off point on time.

My move distance was about 40 minutes Drive from wynnum west to sunnybank hills.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Billy,

A job really well done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

The move was relatively small but involved some cumbersome furniture going into storage. The job was done punctually and very efficiently.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Office Location: SA, Adelaide

Horrible movers, do NOT use them!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I had to move a small 3 bedroom house. It took them 5 hours and I was paying per hour. The one guy was standing on the truck waiting for the other guy to pass him the boxes!! Every time they thought I wasn’t looking they had their phones out! The other house was 8 min drive away. They scratched my brand new fridge and dented it (I only bought it 4 weeks ago) when I showed him the damage his response was “just claim online!) I have emailed them photos of the damage. They refused to move my painting which is to big for my car and now I don’t know how I’ll move that!
The one guy couldn’t even speak English.
I will never use them again

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Hazel,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. One of our customer service officers has replied to your concern. We appreciate your patience. Please follow up with the officer for further help.

Great friendly service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Took care of our stuff and was highly professional. They went above and beyond, for example they removed a sail that was stopping the truck from reaching the house and reattached it afterwards. Would highly recommend!

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Huge help in time of need!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

We booked them first thing on Saturday morning, for that same afternoon. They guys that showed up where professional, polite and very efficient. From the experience we had using CBD Movers, we would definitely recommend them.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Dan,

Fantastic Movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Paul and Kapil were fantastic.... super helpful, efficient and so careful. Absolutely no damage to anything. Thank you very much!

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Bobby,

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Perth

Would not ever recommend to anyone ! I'm female and knew more.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Villa 3bed, short distance, I had to call and complain to get them to move. They started the time as soon as they pulled up, didnt know what they were doing, I carried most stuff out for them, couldn't fit it all in so I have to move it. Drove 40km was trying to get payment while standing chatting on the phone and wanted to charge more because they still had to get a mattress out. I unpacked faster, they tried telling me they couldn't get something in a room so I had to show them how. They were really slow, complained furniture was heavy and couldn't understand English. If I tried to tell them something they just stopped and looked at me. Now I have to do car loads and have to pull stuff apart to fit it in my car. Thought getting removals was meant to make life easy. Also haven't received my receipt from this morning.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Naomi, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We are a team of professional movers, so your feedback is a matter of concern for us. We can surely look into this, so ... read more »

Swift & Efficient Delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I moved into a 2-bedroom apartment over approximately 11 km distance within Melbourne. The time schedule and service were impeccable.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Good movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Happy with the move. We needed a fridge, tallboy and 2 display cube shelves moved. They were on time and did a quick job.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Claudia,

Canberra

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Worst service ever absolutely unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

A simple three bedroom home took 8 hours to move instead of 4, moving just two km away in the same suburb of Canberra. The guys didn't know how to pack a truck so had to make two trips (had they packed it properly this would not have been necessary). Hardly any English so when I said multiple times please don't put anything on the carpet, put it in this room (not carpeted), I later found they had deposited 20+ boxes on the carpet plus mattresses and bed frames (which they didn't move). I refused to pay full price for such terrible service, so they refused to unload my bed, fridge and washing machine, and then took off with them, returning about an hour later after multiple calls to management (and the police). Management does not put the customer first at all. They also caused $1,000+ damage to my sideboard, having no idea how to move it (they decided on upside down). I have never experienced such poor service. DO NOT HIRE CBD MOVERS FOR YOUR MOVE!!! Completely unprofessional, untrained, absolutely hopeless.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Linda, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We are a team of professional movers, so your feedback is a matter of concern for us. One of our officers is investigat... read more »

This is a standard reply you don't do anything to help your customers this is just a smokescreen. Why don't you check your email and reply to my letter of demand and pay the $1,000 to repair my damaged sideboard?

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Wanted a quote on moving our office and spare parts section. Received high pressure sales tactics. When I requested someone come out and quote was met with great reluctance initially. When someone did turn up on Friday afternoon he was clearly intoxicated. When I raised this with him he laughed and said I only contract to these guys and am doing this as as favour. Needless to say I will not be using this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Customer, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We are a team of professional movers, so your feedback is a matter of concern for us. We can surely look into this, ... read more »

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I engaged two trucks and 04 men from CBD movers on the 22/12/2018. The team arrived on time and started the move promptly. However in the midst of the move, one of the drivers came up to me and requested me for a full payment. He estimated that the whole move will take 4.5 hours to be completed. The driver assured me that if the move is completed before 4.5 hours, I would be given a refund for the balance time. Based on trust, I made the full payment for the 4.5 hours using my credit card.

The move was completed at 4 hours exactly and before the move team departed, the driver told me that I would be given a half and hour payment refund. I waited for a few days but didn't get any refund. Contacted the company and was told to write to customer service for a refund. I wrote to customer service and got an email stating the move team have the right to collect full payment prior to the completion of the job. It's apparently one of their company policy and their rights.

The customer service however decided not to given me a refund as their move team has now claimed that the move took 4.5 hours instead of 4 hours.

Hence I just asked the customer service this one question. If you claim you have the right to collect full payment prior to the completion of the move based on estimated time, How do CBD movers verify the charges collected from the customers are correct? Explain to me your company policy on this matter.

However the customer service from CBD movers have gone silent after my last email asking them this question. I send in a report to their company's complaint box, ticket number 4102 asking them the same question. However no one has responded.

The whole thing starting to look like a pre meditated scam to over charge customers. Hence please be very careful with this company. They will take a full estimated payment and promise a refund but it will never happen!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Subra,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We will get this rechecked and replied to you at the earliest. We thank you for your patience.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Snail Movers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

First of all, there are not no punctual in time and 2 Hours late from booking time. They take all the items slow as they can do, also they have don't look like professional movers because there was no protection enabled for item, just covered with old blanket. Since I have moved for short distance didn't have much issues, later realised , it will not be wise decision to use them for long distance.
I am really sceptical about their service. If don't provide proper service it is going to disaster later to your business.

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Perth

Horrific!!!! Don't use cbd movers - they held me to ransom!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Office staff are overbearing and threatening.
Workers are slow, bad mannered and incompetent

On 21st December 2018 I engaged CBD Movers to relocate my household effects from a 2 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom villa approximately 15kms apart.

After paying a deposit for my reservation I was given a 3 hour window (between 8am and 11am) when to expect the truck and crew to arrive.

At 10am I called the office to track when the truck would be arriving.
The person I spoke to was aggressive - reminded me that the truck was within the 3 hours and asked me if I was now cancelling my booking. I told him "No. I just want to know how much longer to expect to wait. He said he would find out, put me on hold and left me on hold for more than 7 minutes, when I gave up and hung up.

The truck and 2 man crew arrived at 10.30am.
They were totally unprofessional and incompetent.
They didn't know what they were doing and moved incredibly slowly.
They could hardly speak english, they were bad mannered and grumbled between each other in their own language.
They refused to take the television and some other items "because they might break".
They did not use their trolley to move boxes but carried the boxes out one by one to the truck.
They did not know how to pack a truck to make optimum use of the space.
They left all the heavy items - Fridge, Washing machine, Television, Microwave until last and then said the truck was full, they would need to come back for a second load.

When we got to the place I was moving to, before off-loading the truck, they asked if I would be paying by cash or credit card.

I told them I would pay them when the move was complete and reminded them that there was still another load to move.

Held to Ransom
The crew member I was speaking to was demanding and threatening. He demanded that I pay now and threatened that if I didn't, they would drive away the truck with all my household possessions.

I reversed my car across the driveway in front of the truck and blocked their exit.
I told them that they were not going anywhere before they off-loaded the truck.

A person from CBD Movers office continued speaking to the crew member, using up working time, and demanding that I speak to him.
I refused and insisted that they off-load the truck.

Once again the crew worked slowly, still speaking on the pgone to the office and insisting that I speak to the person on the phone. I refused. They were now very unfriendly.

They dumped boxes and furniture all over the place, especially rough with anything marked FRAGILE.

Some items they left a few meters frim the back of the truck, which I was then forced to carry into the house.

My friend got into the truck and shifted things to the back of the truck and helped carry them inside (my friend and I are both in our sixties).

Eventually, at 2.30pm the truck was empty and they asked to be paid for the time they had worked.
I reminded them that there was still another load to move and they agreed that they would return to move the second load.

I paid them for the 4 hours and we left to go back and collect the second load. I was driving ahead of them.

At the first opportunity, they absconded.

I was left with all the heavy items - Fridge, Washing machine, Television, Microwave, some boxes and some plants - still to m9ve, with no suitable transport or help and too late in the day to do anything about it. They just left.

The next morning, I had to hire a truck from Budget and beg help from relatives to help me move the rest of my things.

CBD Movers need to be shut down so no-one else will ever have to endure the traumatic moving experience they delivered.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
CBD Movers Official

Dear Josephine, We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We are a team of professional movers, so your feedback is a matter of concern for us. We can surely look into this,... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Excellent move and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

I moved on a day of 38 degrees heat. Had three flights of stairs to move up. Two very polite and cheerful gentlemen called me 20 minutes to arriving and arrived on time. The move took over 8 hours and with a 2 hour travel between pick up and drop off. My belonging were treated with respect. Nothing was broken and nothing was any trouble for these professional movers. This is the second time I have used CBD movers over the last few week and would use them again. I would like to thank these gentlemen. It was a hard days work and they earned every cent. Thank you again.

Comments
CBD Movers Official

1 of 30 pages