Deception Bay

• 19 comments
  • 24 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Staggering poor service from Cel-Fi Powertec (distributor)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Ordered a replacement after our last unit failed (fairly often occurrence but worked reasonably well when it did work). A week after ordering and authorising payment to our credit card I have to ring up to find out why we haven't got it. I am then blamed by accounts for A:) Not paying for it already... you took my credit card dah! B:) Not asking whether they had it in stock when I ordered... Didn't stop them taking the order...
Now I am told it is weeks away and all I get is "too bad you should've asked if it was in stock" AND " If you'd checked your credit card you would have seen we hadn't charged you for it" These guys don't care about service as Telstra was stupid enough to make Cel-Fi the only authorised unit.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Dave, at Powertec we always try to offer the best service possible to our dealers and customers. So we do care about service and our customers. For your situation in between you ordering and th... read more »

You apologise for not notifying me sooner? You didn't notify me at all. I had to ring you!

Question about cel-fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

We live in a rural area in Queensland 80ks from the closest town. We get full service coverage 12ks from the house and We get service now and then but not all the time in our house but will it still work?

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Flick. Cel-Fi needs one bar of signal to work. With the signal dropping in and out, you would need to purchase a lpda or yagi antenna to bring the signal in from outside and to get full optimisation. Hope that helps.

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

We purchased a Cel-Fi and it hasn't made any difference to our reception! We have tried placing it in several places around the house and there is no difference. Money down the drain!
We have also contacted the company to help us with the issue and it still doesn't work. I think it has been put in the too hard basket. We paid to have our unit sent back to have a service tech look at it and send it back still not working.
On a positive note. Dave in the customer service team was very nice to deal with.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Estelle..... we find that when Cel-Fi does not work, there is always an environmental cause. This could be the setup, signal quality, interference or network behaviour due to the surroundings or... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

2 from 3 don't work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

Purchased 3 units 12 months ago for farm houses and workshop, one works most of the time but still drops out for no reason and the other two barely work at all. For the price we are very disappointed. Apparently the new model is better but I'm a little reluctant to invest in them again.

Glad i purchased it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Herbert

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

From zero/1 to 4 bars inside the house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

Located in rural Darwin region. We were lucky to get one bar of 3G on the windowsill in the living area and lots of dropped calls. With the cel-fi unit and an external antenna we now have 3-4 bars through the house and even 4G at times, and no more drop out. Would highly recommend and although expensive it is nice to be able to communicate with the outside world without having to go outside. The only issue I have is that even though you can turn the light off on the unit it sometimes turns itself back on for some reason (I haven't experienced any call problems but I wonder if this is related to the connection between to two units). Glad I didn't wait too long to buy this unit as it is amazing.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Thanks Kat, thank you for the great review, glad it's working well. The LCD screen can come on if the wireless link between the units drop. Next time the LCD screen comes on check to see if there is a notification on the screen.

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Rubbish. If you want to buy one really cheap check on eBay as mine will be there tomorrow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

Bought the most expensive 4G one I could including high gain aerial, downloaded the app, moved the primary and secondary device around the house, moved it it different houses, boats, changed between manual and auto aerial options via the app and no improvement on my current phone. All it does is use power and creates a light at night.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Simon, sorry to hear you are having issues. Our tech support department is here to assist with any technical issues you have on 07 5577 0500. Our company is in the business of helping people and... read more »

Farm useless mobile connection until I found Cel-Fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2016

At our farm near Seymour we have never been able to take mobile calls unless we walked up the hill to the shearing shed. Now with Cel-Fi my family are all very happy as not only can we make mobile calls with full bars on our phone they can now access Facebook !!! Thank you Cel-Fi

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

No significant improvement

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

We were assured this system would work. It doesn't. Randomly jumps from unit to cell tower it appears. Can't handle more than one phone. Waste of space. Powertech refused to pick unit up to see if it was faulty.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Andrew - I understand our General Manager has spoken and emailed you to assist, on the back of our sending you a returns authority last year so we could correct your problem. We trust you can re... read more »

I returned the product for it to be checked. Have the unit back and it does make some improvement to the reception. We have quite a strong signal at the window unit. That also means that the phones... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2016

Excellent customer service! Dave from Powertec so helpful! had our faulty unit replaced and shipped from Gold Coast to Kuranda in less then 24 hours. We live in a rural area and have no mobile phone or internet reception with out the Nextivity cel fi we would be out of touch. Many thanks Dave

better than nothing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2016

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

No more standing on one leg in the driveway

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2015

After putting up with little or no reception for twenty years due to as I've been told after many many hours on help desks that I live in a black spot
In the past, I've had to make and take calls in all weather conditions at my back door.
I finally gave in and paid for a cel-fi. What a crap I've been for being too stubborn to pay for it. I can now move around my home and be productive whilst working from home and making those sense of duty family phone calls. I've more than paid for it already with the increase in productivity whilst on the phone.

1 of 9 pages

Hi there, we are looking for a mobile phone signal booster that boosts optus and Telstra signals. We are in a gully and there are no bars of signal here but up the hill about 500m there is bars. What products would we need to get bars of signal in the house? Cheers

moazier asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Moazier
We do not have a product that will boost both Telstra and Optus at the same time. There is generally two options for this situation:
1) Setup on Hill - Cel-Fi GO system for Telstra powered from solar power. Yagi antenna to receive and another to push the signal down to the house.
2) Pole on House Roof - a large pole on the roof of your house with a Yagi up top, high enough to get signal. Then connected to the GO indoors.
Call our team on 07 5577 0500 for more information.

I downloaded the Cel-Fi app, then connected the Cel-Fi unit in a short time by iPad went from no bars to full strength in 3G, but my laptop is 4G and didn't receive any signal at all even when I changed to 4G. When I checked the Cel-fi app it said the system looked good and 7 out 8 on the boost chart on 3G, but 4G nothing, when I changed back to 3G it would not connect , with the Cel-Fi app bringing up codes 07 and 09, are these the same as E7 and E9 codes listed on there startup pages which refer to registration of the unit?

Bert asked on Jun 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Bert, I presume you have the Cel-Fi GO model.
There could be a few things going on here, it could be a case of your laptop not being compatible with 4G 700 that the Cel-Fi is boosting, or the input signal strength being too strong on 3G. We need to know if you have a GO Mobile or GO Stationary also. Can you call our technical department on 07 5577 0500 and they will assist you with getting it working.

Hi, I have had the cel-fi 3G model for several years which is connected to a panel antenna on the roof, works great for receiving & making calls I also have a telstra 4gx modem connected to another panel antenna with download speeds of about 10 Mbps from the 700 Mhz band, would I be able to also run the cel-fi pro for 4g data as well as the old unit and would the new unit significantly improve data speeds? cheers David

Dave asked on May 27, 2017

Answer this

Hello Dave, the cel-fi PRO transmits both 3G and 4GX or 4G 1800Mhz at the same time, so you could replace your old unit with the new PRO unit to supply data to your modem and still make and receive calls, however the best way to maximise data speeds to your modem is to install a MIMO antenna to utilise both antenna ports on your device, by installing a PRO unit I wouldn't expect an increase in data speeds over what you've already got as these units only have a 20Mhz bandwidth, but by installing a MIMO antenna you then utilise the full 40Mhz bandwidth directly off the tower.

Thanks TotalAntenna I am using Mimo antenna with low loss cable but lots of tall trees surrounding house so can only receive 1-2 bars of 700Mhz 4g signal hence slow speeds tried omni antenna even worse, telstra tower is proposed for 900Mhz so maybe better after just thought the cel-fi would amplify signal to give much better data transfer cheers David

Hi Dave, further to Total Antenna's reply. The PRO does not support MIMO (two data streams back to the tower), so data speeds can sometimes be slower through the PRO vs through a dedicated MIMO antenna for the modem. The exception to this is in low signal areas where MIMO may not be achievable due to the customer being too far from the tower. In this instance the PRO may offer faster data speeds, if the signal level goes from 1-2 to 4-5 bars. Sometimes it's a matter of experimenting to see what the best outcome is.