Works as advertised.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Installed a Cell-Fi Go Marine kit today at lake Eildon. Worked as advertised from 1 bar to 4 bars on IPhone X on 4G. Very Happy with the system along with the boats parked next to me who also now have cell service.

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Life saver in remote areas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I have the mobile version fitted to my Landcruiser, truckers edge antenna on the roof with a folding mount and the cel-fi unit under my drivers seat. In areas where the signal strength wavers between nothing and one bar I am getting 3 to 4 bars on my iPhone. I go from virtually no ability to use the internet to browsing and uploading videos of my trip to the WA goldfields.
If there is no signal at all don’t expect miracles.. 10 x nothing is nothing, but if you have even a hint of a signal this unit rocks. All my travel companions gather round my cruiser at the camp site. :)

Brilliant this has changed everything!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

We only had one bar of 3G on our kitchen windowsill on a good day. We live in a old very large homestead with thick stone walls.
We now have full 4G power Throughout the house and for a good 50m or more around the outside. This brilliant system has changed everything.. We can now run our business without interruptions. Definelty worth doing.

Problems that still haven't been solved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

We bought a unit for our home as we don't have strong enough signals on our phones to run our business and it doesn't work.

We have a Yagi directional antenna in a position where we get a reliable signal and facing the nearest tower but the window unit won't communicate with it. On top of that, the Window unit won't communicate with the booster unit either, no matter where in the house we put the booster.

I have tried the unit in Adelaide and it works fine, my mobile got a signal boost from three bars to five bars, but for some reason it will not work at Pt Gibbon.

I have tried to contact support many times though phone, email and helpdesk but:

- their phone line doesn't work/has been disconnected (QLD number)
- I am still waiting for a follow up email
- there has been no progress on the ticket in help desk

poor support service if I've ever seen it before......

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Cooper - I must apologise for the support issues you have been having. We had a system issue with ticketing that has affected a small % of tickets over the last 2 months (which we have just dis... read more »

Cel-Fi Official

Hi Cooper, I understand you had a device locking issue (a requirement added by the carrier). We believe this has now been addressed but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

Not bad but beware of nonsense

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Rossyabroad - thanks for your feedback. One of the reasons PRO may not work in some instances is due to 5GHz link interference. When getting to the cause of problems for people this is one of t... read more »

GRAFTON

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Cel Fi Go... Stands for paper weight!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I've had my celfi go piece of crap now for over 12 mths, its mounted in my truck that I do long haul around the country inn, I can tell you down to the white post beside the road on any HWY in the county when Signal comes in and when signal drops out, this thing was supposed to be the greatest thing sines slices bread, it's a useless piece of crap!!! I've spoken to support many times, I've sent the thing back to be checked, they say it's works fine, the thing does nothing at all. Save ya money folks, your better off using 2 cups joined with string!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Link drops out all the time. Support blame it on 5Ghz interference. We have no 5Ghz devices running. The unit falls over every time you try a speed test from your phone using HSDPA, total waste of time and money

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Telelynx - It sounds like you have a Cel-Fi PRO as there can be 5Ghz interference - this is one of the problems that can affect a small % of products. The unit should not fall down and I recommend you reconnect with Support department again.

I have no more time to waste on it, unless you have a firmware upgrade, the support I've had to date has been at all helpful

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Cell fi go a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

The cellfi booster I bought for my car was a waste of money but I did send it back and I did get a refund.
If you want to get maxx reception you are better to buy a full built in truckfone and are cheaper.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Paul - Thanks for your feedback. It is unfortunate that the product did not work for you. It is not a cure for no mobile coverage - if there is no signal nothing will work - but it does work ex... read more »

Narrogin

Private message

Excellent product and very happy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

We have had our first unit now for a couple of months. Where there is no signal the unit still searches and has still maintained Apple Music and Spotify. Switching the unit to 3G has enabled more signal boost than running in 4G as the unit will drop in and out while searching.
Very happy with the product and the signal boost we have gained from it.
We are now looking forward to the rest of our fleet getting the Cel Fi ago units installed.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Thanks for your feedback.

You are more than welcome, I know that off the back of this review and off the back of having this unit in my work ute, I have helped sell 9 in car units and 3 home based units.

Karoonda

• 15 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

excellent product now i have service in house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

we had no service inside given that iam 38km out of town i only got the odd text at window . i all so have a yagi antenna which give the window unit full 5 bars not bad at all . some reps will pull up in our farm yard and cant belive they have service and them sit in there car for 5 minutes catching up on missed calls. so it will end signal out of house . the coverage unit most of the time will sit between 5 and 6 they would be a good 18 meters a part. The only gripe is why is it so EXPENSIVE? i feel that there should be more brands for sale that are approved by telstra then watch the price fall the unit is made in china like most stuff now days .You get punished for living in a bad service area . The unit i got was a demo so i didnt pay $1000 plus that is asked

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

It is the biggest peice of garbage i have ever bought. Never worked properly. The transmiter always loses its signal. It has never gotten above 2 on the indoor unit. No matter whete you put each unit spend most of its time on 0 or 1 even though the window unit has 5 bar's.. your phone will show full bars but can usually do nothing with it..

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hello Chris. Please submit a ticket to receive Technical support for your issues. There could be a fault with the unit. http://www.powertec.com.au/helpdesk/

Brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Mobile booster did nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I had high hopes for this expensive mobile signal booster which claimed 9dB gain (FYI that's double, double again and double yet again) but in comparison after comparison it did not improve either voice calls or mobile data in low signal areas. To their credit, they did provide a refund but only after their CEO embarrassed himself by calling me names in an email to their sales manager which he accidentally CC'd to me!!! Not a business I'd be keen to deal with again.

Deception Bay

• 19 comments
  • 27 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Staggering poor service from Cel-Fi Powertec (distributor)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Ordered a replacement after our last unit failed (fairly often occurrence but worked reasonably well when it did work). A week after ordering and authorising payment to our credit card I have to ring up to find out why we haven't got it. I am then blamed by accounts for A:) Not paying for it already... you took my credit card dah! B:) Not asking whether they had it in stock when I ordered... Didn't stop them taking the order...
Now I am told it is weeks away and all I get is "too bad you should've asked if it was in stock" AND " If you'd checked your credit card you would have seen we hadn't charged you for it" These guys don't care about service as Telstra was stupid enough to make Cel-Fi the only authorised unit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Dave, at Powertec we always try to offer the best service possible to our dealers and customers. So we do care about service and our customers. For your situation in between you ordering and th... read more »

You apologise for not notifying me sooner? You didn't notify me at all. I had to ring you!

Question about cel-fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

We live in a rural area in Queensland 80ks from the closest town. We get full service coverage 12ks from the house and We get service now and then but not all the time in our house but will it still work?

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Flick. Cel-Fi needs one bar of signal to work. With the signal dropping in and out, you would need to purchase a lpda or yagi antenna to bring the signal in from outside and to get full optimisation. Hope that helps.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

We purchased a Cel-Fi and it hasn't made any difference to our reception! We have tried placing it in several places around the house and there is no difference. Money down the drain!
We have also contacted the company to help us with the issue and it still doesn't work. I think it has been put in the too hard basket. We paid to have our unit sent back to have a service tech look at it and send it back still not working.
On a positive note. Dave in the customer service team was very nice to deal with.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Estelle..... we find that when Cel-Fi does not work, there is always an environmental cause. This could be the setup, signal quality, interference or network behaviour due to the surroundings or... read more »

We even had an Installer come out and fit a trial antenna and this had no affect what so ever!! We have just written off the money we spent.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

2 from 3 don't work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

Purchased 3 units 12 months ago for farm houses and workshop, one works most of the time but still drops out for no reason and the other two barely work at all. For the price we are very disappointed. Apparently the new model is better but I'm a little reluctant to invest in them again.

Glad i purchased it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Herbert

• 1 answer
Private message

From zero/1 to 4 bars inside the house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

Located in rural Darwin region. We were lucky to get one bar of 3G on the windowsill in the living area and lots of dropped calls. With the cel-fi unit and an external antenna we now have 3-4 bars through the house and even 4G at times, and no more drop out. Would highly recommend and although expensive it is nice to be able to communicate with the outside world without having to go outside. The only issue I have is that even though you can turn the light off on the unit it sometimes turns itself back on for some reason (I haven't experienced any call problems but I wonder if this is related to the connection between to two units). Glad I didn't wait too long to buy this unit as it is amazing.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Thanks Kat, thank you for the great review, glad it's working well. The LCD screen can come on if the wireless link between the units drop. Next time the LCD screen comes on check to see if there is a notification on the screen.

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Rubbish. If you want to buy one really cheap check on eBay as mine will be there tomorrow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

Bought the most expensive 4G one I could including high gain aerial, downloaded the app, moved the primary and secondary device around the house, moved it it different houses, boats, changed between manual and auto aerial options via the app and no improvement on my current phone. All it does is use power and creates a light at night.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Simon, sorry to hear you are having issues. Our tech support department is here to assist with any technical issues you have on 07 5577 0500. Our company is in the business of helping people and... read more »

Farm useless mobile connection until I found Cel-Fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2016

At our farm near Seymour we have never been able to take mobile calls unless we walked up the hill to the shearing shed. Now with Cel-Fi my family are all very happy as not only can we make mobile calls with full bars on our phone they can now access Facebook !!! Thank you Cel-Fi

1 of 6 pages