• 3 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Link drops out all the time. Support blame it on 5Ghz interference. We have no 5Ghz devices running. The unit falls over every time you try a speed test from your phone using HSDPA, total waste of time and money

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Cell fi go a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

The cellfi booster I bought for my car was a waste of money but I did send it back and I did get a refund.
If you want to get maxx reception you are better to buy a full built in truckfone and are cheaper.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Excellent product and very happy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

We have had our first unit now for a couple of months. Where there is no signal the unit still searches and has still maintained Apple Music and Spotify. Switching the unit to 3G has enabled more signal boost than running in 4G as the unit will drop in and out while searching.
Very happy with the product and the signal boost we have gained from it.
We are now looking forward to the rest of our fleet getting the Cel Fi ago units installed.

Karoonda

• 5 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

excellent product now i have service in house

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

we had no service inside given that iam 38km out of town i only got the odd text at window . i all so have a yagi antenna which give the window unit full 5 bars not bad at all . some reps will pull up in our farm yard and cant belive they have service and them sit in there car for 5 minutes catching up on missed calls. so it will end signal out of house . the coverage unit most of the time will sit between 5 and 6 they would be a good 18 meters a part. The only gripe is why is it so EXPENSIVE? i feel that there should be more brands for sale that are approved by telstra then watch the price fall the unit is made in china like most stuff now days .You get punished for living in a bad service area . The unit i got was a demo so i didnt pay $1000 plus that is asked

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

It is the biggest peice of garbage i have ever bought. Never worked properly. The transmiter always loses its signal. It has never gotten above 2 on the indoor unit. No matter whete you put each unit spend most of its time on 0 or 1 even though the window unit has 5 bar's.. your phone will show full bars but can usually do nothing with it..

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hello Chris. Please submit a ticket to receive Technical support for your issues. There could be a fault with the unit. http://www.powertec.com.au/helpdesk/

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Mobile booster did nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I had high hopes for this expensive mobile signal booster which claimed 9dB gain (FYI that's double, double again and double yet again) but in comparison after comparison it did not improve either voice calls or mobile data in low signal areas. To their credit, they did provide a refund but only after their CEO embarrassed himself by calling me names in an email to their sales manager which he accidentally CC'd to me!!! Not a business I'd be keen to deal with again.

Deception Bay

• 19 comments
  • 26 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Staggering poor service from Cel-Fi Powertec (distributor)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Ordered a replacement after our last unit failed (fairly often occurrence but worked reasonably well when it did work). A week after ordering and authorising payment to our credit card I have to ring up to find out why we haven't got it. I am then blamed by accounts for A:) Not paying for it already... you took my credit card dah! B:) Not asking whether they had it in stock when I ordered... Didn't stop them taking the order...
Now I am told it is weeks away and all I get is "too bad you should've asked if it was in stock" AND " If you'd checked your credit card you would have seen we hadn't charged you for it" These guys don't care about service as Telstra was stupid enough to make Cel-Fi the only authorised unit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Dave, at Powertec we always try to offer the best service possible to our dealers and customers. So we do care about service and our customers. For your situation in between you ordering and th... read more »

You apologise for not notifying me sooner? You didn't notify me at all. I had to ring you!

Question about cel-fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

We live in a rural area in Queensland 80ks from the closest town. We get full service coverage 12ks from the house and We get service now and then but not all the time in our house but will it still work?

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Flick. Cel-Fi needs one bar of signal to work. With the signal dropping in and out, you would need to purchase a lpda or yagi antenna to bring the signal in from outside and to get full optimisation. Hope that helps.

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

We purchased a Cel-Fi and it hasn't made any difference to our reception! We have tried placing it in several places around the house and there is no difference. Money down the drain!
We have also contacted the company to help us with the issue and it still doesn't work. I think it has been put in the too hard basket. We paid to have our unit sent back to have a service tech look at it and send it back still not working.
On a positive note. Dave in the customer service team was very nice to deal with.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Estelle..... we find that when Cel-Fi does not work, there is always an environmental cause. This could be the setup, signal quality, interference or network behaviour due to the surroundings or... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

2 from 3 don't work

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

Purchased 3 units 12 months ago for farm houses and workshop, one works most of the time but still drops out for no reason and the other two barely work at all. For the price we are very disappointed. Apparently the new model is better but I'm a little reluctant to invest in them again.

Glad i purchased it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Herbert

• 1 answer
Private message

From zero/1 to 4 bars inside the house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

Located in rural Darwin region. We were lucky to get one bar of 3G on the windowsill in the living area and lots of dropped calls. With the cel-fi unit and an external antenna we now have 3-4 bars through the house and even 4G at times, and no more drop out. Would highly recommend and although expensive it is nice to be able to communicate with the outside world without having to go outside. The only issue I have is that even though you can turn the light off on the unit it sometimes turns itself back on for some reason (I haven't experienced any call problems but I wonder if this is related to the connection between to two units). Glad I didn't wait too long to buy this unit as it is amazing.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Thanks Kat, thank you for the great review, glad it's working well. The LCD screen can come on if the wireless link between the units drop. Next time the LCD screen comes on check to see if there is a notification on the screen.

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Rubbish. If you want to buy one really cheap check on eBay as mine will be there tomorrow.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

Bought the most expensive 4G one I could including high gain aerial, downloaded the app, moved the primary and secondary device around the house, moved it it different houses, boats, changed between manual and auto aerial options via the app and no improvement on my current phone. All it does is use power and creates a light at night.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Simon, sorry to hear you are having issues. Our tech support department is here to assist with any technical issues you have on 07 5577 0500. Our company is in the business of helping people and... read more »

Farm useless mobile connection until I found Cel-Fi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2016

At our farm near Seymour we have never been able to take mobile calls unless we walked up the hill to the shearing shed. Now with Cel-Fi my family are all very happy as not only can we make mobile calls with full bars on our phone they can now access Facebook !!! Thank you Cel-Fi

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

No significant improvement

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

We were assured this system would work. It doesn't. Randomly jumps from unit to cell tower it appears. Can't handle more than one phone. Waste of space. Powertech refused to pick unit up to see if it was faulty.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

Hi Andrew - I understand our General Manager has spoken and emailed you to assist, on the back of our sending you a returns authority last year so we could correct your problem. We trust you can re... read more »

I returned the product for it to be checked. Have the unit back and it does make some improvement to the reception. We have quite a strong signal at the window unit. That also means that the phones... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2016

Excellent customer service! Dave from Powertec so helpful! had our faulty unit replaced and shipped from Gold Coast to Kuranda in less then 24 hours. We live in a rural area and have no mobile phone or internet reception with out the Nextivity cel fi we would be out of touch. Many thanks Dave

better than nothing

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2016

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Comments
Cel-Fi Official

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

No more standing on one leg in the driveway

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2015

After putting up with little or no reception for twenty years due to as I've been told after many many hours on help desks that I live in a black spot
In the past, I've had to make and take calls in all weather conditions at my back door.
I finally gave in and paid for a cel-fi. What a crap I've been for being too stubborn to pay for it. I can now move around my home and be productive whilst working from home and making those sense of duty family phone calls. I've more than paid for it already with the increase in productivity whilst on the phone.

This is the new generation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2015

The only thing you need is a place in your home that gets at least 1 bar of 3G or 4G signal in to enable the Cel-Fi to provide indoor coverage and enjoy having great mobile reception.le reception. No longer will you need to go outside or be in a certain room to make a phone call.
Using the Cel-Fi system your indoor mobile signal should be high and the battery will last longer for you to talk, check your Instagram and browse the internet.
Cel-Fi will amplify the mobile signal and increase your data speeds dramatically. Email, internet, video and social networking speeds will be like never before.

Fantastic product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2015

We have a granny flat out the back of our house, and the wi-fi signal could only reach to one corner of the flat. With the Cel-Fi, we now get perfect signal throughout the flat. It was easy to install, and has also improved the speed of the internet within the house.

1 of 6 pages