Melbourne

• 1 comment

Not red carpet worthy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I am not a guy who is keen on meal replacement, as I do enjoy eating real food, but tried this product out of curiosity. I’m a PT and my clients asked me for my opinion on celebrity slim, and I didn’t know much about it, so gave it a try for 6 weeks. I wanted to see what effect it had on my body.

It doesn’t taste too bad, and hasn’t had any funny effect on me. Didn’t make me green or runny, so I’m relieved. It did have some appetite suppressing effect, but it was short lived. I didn’t lose any weight. Haven’t noticed any women complimenting me or get any looks.

Replacing my meals with this shake is not a good idea for me, because it decreased my energy. I felt more lethargic and found my cardio and weight training session was harder. So most weight loss benefit negated by decreased activity level.

It is questionable if this shake helps you to lose weight or if it’s placebo. Sure it might help some people to lose a bit of weight, but whether they keep it off is another question. To be honest, I don’t think it’s a good long term weight loss solution. Over time it won’t work for the person anymore.

This shake won’t give you a celebrity figure. If you think this shake is the solution, sorry it isn’t.

Condescending customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I ordered the three pack of the dairy and gluten free shakes.

The shakes were fine taste and consistency wise but after only a couple of trials it became clear that these were not going to suit me because of a bad reaction I got - likely due to the inulin /fibre content which some people's guts can't handle.

I contacted celebrity Slim to ask if I could return the unopened container for a refund and was advised that there are 'no ingredients in the product that could cause a reaction.' I find this to be flabbergasted given people could have a reaction to anything. When I voiced this celebrity Slim said they could do 'testing' on the product which was just condescending. Sometimes things just don't sit well with people. The customer support is what largely informs my review.

The most frustrating part was when I left a review - it was only 'accepted for moderation'.

Not Sure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Despite very healthy eating (nutrition enthusiast), my weight has not wanted to budge for the past two years, so I thought I would give shakes a try (seeing reviews and thinking maybe they knew something I didn't). I am a a bit overweight (not obese). I started on the regular shakes for a few days (I wasn't aware of the stages) and switched to the rapid- and am now coming up to two weeks total. So far I've lost a measly kilo. Admittedly I had a sick child and my exercise has been minimal (which is obviously an essential component to weightloss for me). But I definitely expected to lose at least 1 kilo a week. My thoughts are that the kj count could be lower, and the sugars could deinitely be lower. In saying that, the shakes taste good and I can see how this would help the people that have a tendency to over eat, needs to kick habits or has a sweet tooth. For someone that usually eats very well, Im not sure this is the product of choice. I will stick it out for another week or two and it the benefit of doubt in the meantime, considering what I paid for the product.

Purchased at: Coles

Very convenient for busy lifestyle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2018

I have been on the Rapid shakes for 8 months and have lost 16kg. I have 3 shakes or 2 shakes and 1 bar every day, with one main meal. I'm so used to it now I can't imagine eating all the time again! It's a great way to lose weight when you work full time, as preparing healthy meals for work can be time consuming. I've gone past my goal weight and am just continuing to see how far my body wants to go, while I'm enjoying the shakes I have no reason to stop. I love the chocolate and latte, vanilla is OK but too sweet for me now. Banana is disgusting, very sickly sweet. I enjoy the rapid bars, but they are an acquired taste - it took me a bit to get used to the taste and texture, but now I love them. Order online directly through Celebrity Slim, it's cheaper, there's more options and delivery is quick.

Mickleham

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Excited with results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

First week on the rapid phase done and dusted - Ive lost 1.8kgs which I am thrilled over. Another two weeks to go before I start on the Trim phase. Hunger pains are gone and Im not even hungry inbetween shakes anymore. Drinking lots of water and enjoying the great recipies for evening meals. The shakes taste really good - am about to test the banana this week! Favourites are the cafe latte and the vanilla...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hobart

• 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Rapid results as claimed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

I'm in my mid 40's and have slowly put on 6kg over the past 2 years. I've tried calorie counting and failed repeatedly. After a recent weigh in I was so upset I went and bought celebrity slim rapid phase shake. Over three weeks sticking exactly to the plan I have lost 5kg. I've used both the chocolate and vanilla shakes. Both taste great but chocolate is my favourite. While the shakes are great the only issue is that neither their bars or soups are available in any shops. I'm using other low carb protein bars instead. They are working but it would be great to have the celebrity slim soup. I think you can only buy it online. Never the less this diet really works and I feel great.

Disappointed the choice in products has dropped

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

Came back to this product as i had used it before with success. Have lost a few kilos in a couple of weeks . But when i went to get the soups and bars you used to have couldn't find any in any of the stores . So now it looks like i will have to switch brands

I lost 8kl in a week n half

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Was very happy after using these to lose weight. It took time and I have to admit some working out but these did help! They taste ok and feel good afterwards but a few times felt hungry still just after! The reviews here are decided but I say it actually worked slightly for me

Qld

• 4 helpful votes

Magic shake

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2018

Using celebrity slim cafe latte, most amazing taste. Before using I read the reviews on here but wasn't sure but I still gave it ago. So Im on day 5 today and have lost 2.5kg.i have 2/3 shakes a day and one meal (whatever I've cooked the family). I was surprised how well this works and how full it keeps.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

My preferred shakes for weightloss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I have tried all their flavours but chocolate is my favourite. The first few weeks are hard as you are kick starting it but if you drink lots of water nad keep busy it goes by quickly. Make sure you plan it out, do your exercise and use the site to track everything for the best results.

I have used other weight loss methods but this has been my favourite and had the best results, plus I found the weight didn't return quickly like other methods I tried. I was really motivated and found the suggestions for how to use the shakes great.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 1 question

Regular Shakes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

The first couple of weeks are the hardest, as your body adjusts to the reduced calorie/carbohydrate intake. I drank a lot of water and had a couple of snacks per day. You do lose weight but you have to stick the program out, like most diet plans. To date I've lost 11 kilos. I buy the shakes mostly at Priceline, where you can often buy them on sale. I buy the variety pack of the regular shakes. They taste great, the only shake I don't like is Choc Orange, it tastes a bit like medicine. Favourites shakes are Cookies and Cream and Vanilla. The Celebrity Slim website do not offer one on one support, however you can easily find low carb/meal replacement-type support groups on Facebook with others sharing experiences, handy tips and recipes. Certainly worth the investment.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Rapid Phase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Well what a surprise... day 5 on Celebrity Slim Rapid Phase and I have already lost 2.8kg :) I have been using the Latte shake which tastes great - I also have the chocolate which is rich and creamy. I have found the program easy to follow and the recipes dinner recipes are fantastic and tasty. I have been feeling so much better, my usual tummy and digestive issues have gone, and so has my craving for chicken chips :) and I am looking forward to Monday to see my results for the week. Week two will be to continue the Rapid Phase and increase my exercise.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Rapid Phase Shakes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I started the Celebrity Slim Rapid Phase Chocolate shakes around 3weeks ago. Wow, they would have to be the nicest shake I’ve ever tried. So creamy and like a milkshake.
I haven’t weighed myself but I know I’ve lost weight. They really help cut out the need for a sugar fix.
I know I’ll be sticking to these shakes to lose the weight I need.

Rowville

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I have lost 1.5 kilos in the first week very happy with that. I am using the meal replacement shakes. The latte and vanilla flavours are my favourite will stick with those, didn't like strawberry at all. As long as Im organised with my small protein snacks to take on the go between shakes I am finding Im not hungry. I am doing shakes for breakfast and lunch and having a small healthy dinner. I wish you could buy single sachets of just vanilla at the supermarket. Purchased them online instead they were delivered within 2 days of purchasing.

3.2kg in just THREE DAYS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT.
Hello, I'm currently a student who is in need of slimming down. I do not know why people are saying that they have not experienced any weight loss because the product is absolutely AMAZING. And yes, I did lose 3.2kg in just three days. Maybe it is because I am chubby compared to other students but I have seen a great progress so far and am very satisfied. Before I started my second attempt on diet, which is now, I started my first diet with Slim Right shakes. I actually liked it at first and lost around 17kg through it but eventually got sick of it because of the lack of variety of flavours. I am so glad that I discovered celebrity slim and I especially LOVE their cafe latte as it is absolutely delicious.

If you want to know my diet plan, I try to replace two of my meals, breakfast and dinner, with the Celebrity Slim shake and at lunch, I consume a lot of food. Even today, I ate two chocolate bars, fried rice, half a packet of shapes and a can of cola but I am losing weight. I would like to restate that this is not an advertisement and that this is an amazing product :)

Purchased at: Coles

Great taste but no loss in weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I've been using the rapid phase for a week and have actually put on weight. Followed the process to a tee and actually have stuck with it but not the results I am after....whats wrong with me ;-(

PAKENHAM

Good for on the go

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Currently using celebrity slim. I find the program does work and for me it's easier to stick to as I am constantly on the go. So far I have lost 5 kilos in 3 weeks. I lost 12 kilos o. The program 2 years ago prior to becoming pregnant with my second child. I find I really enjoy most of the flavours but that the latte flavour is better with water and icecubes then milk. Chocolate is my favorite. It's also important to still exercise and drink plenty of water. It is not a miracle cure but I love the convenience. The cost can be off-putting so I find that I am constantly shopping around to find the best deal. I do like that I can buy in bulk and then additional sachets of different flavours to help keep variety.

gold coast

Private message

Eat less and gain shape.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Noticed the expensive way that stuff like this is not worth wasting money on. eating less, more sport and no grease helped. Also leaving out meat and dairy made a huge difference & made me feel so much better in many ways.

Perth

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Great taste, still hungry though

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

I bought the 10 day mixed box. Some of the flavours are just ok, but some are delicious! Berry, vanilla, chocolate and caramel are delicious. But I am getting very hungry in between shakes. Even if I do a small healthy protein snack, I am still hungry well before my next shake is due. I suppose this will sort itself out in time as my body adjusts. Only on the first week so we shall see if it works.

Purchased at: Priceline

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

It's O.K.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

I got 14 assorted shakes on special at woolworths for $13.88. Cafe Latte flavour was nice - the others not so much. Best thing these shakes do seem to give me a boost of energy but unfortunately do nothing to suppress my appetite and Im starving by 9.30am. At the bargain price I got them for I'm happy enough. Would buy them again at this price for a quick brekkie now and again but no way do I feel they are worth the ticketed price of $43.00.

1 of 14 pages

Hello, I'm new to this whole shake diet thing but I'm very keen to give it a go. How long do I have to be on the diet to loose 5kgs?

Molly asked on Dec 28, 2017

taking 3 shakes a day do we also have lite meals also or just shakes????

Log asked on Nov 16, 2017

Answer this

If you are doing Rapid start then it's 3 shakes at 7am, 11am and 3pm then a healthy dinner - no other snacks. If you are just doing meal replacement then it's a shake for breakfast and lunch and a healthy snack for morning and afternoon tea then a healthy dinner. With the meal replacement option, ideally you would be aiming for no more than 1200 calories a day

Hi Iv been on celebrity slim for 1st week I did everything right , I weighed myself before I was 58/5 and I love the shakes with skim milk , before I started I could not do my jeans or shorts up very frustrating , I didn't loose any weight by scales still 58/5 but my jeans and shorts fit I'm able to do them up after 1st week can this have any reasoning ? I'm on my 2nd week now

Julie E asked on Oct 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi Julie, congratulations on your results so far! That's a fantastic achievement, to be able to fit into your jeans and shorts again! When it comes to tracking your progress, the number on the scales will not always tell you the full or accurate story about your progress. We always highly recommend tracking your body measurements as well as as your weight. We recommend that you take weekly measurements of your arms, thighs, hips, waist and chest, as this is another excellent way of tracking your results other than on the scales. Sometimes your results can show up in surprising ways! This is especially the case if you are incorporating any exercise into your routine, as you are likely building muscle tone whilst losing fat at the same time, and since muscle mass is denser/heavier than fat per square inch, you may not see these positive changes to your shape and body composition reflected on the scales.
A couple of other tips; Weigh and measure yourself first thing in the morning and at the same time each week. Try not to weigh and measure yourself every day; once a week is a good idea. Try to weigh yourself on the same set of scales each time. Hope that helps and keep up the fantastic work! You're doing great :)

See all 85 questions about Celebrity Slim