Rude staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

Terrible customer service at Rundle Mall, staff member was extremely rude and we were tourists shopping on holiday. Never had problems at other stores, but Rundle Mall branch was awful.

unexplainable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

I purchased Healthy Care Emu capsules, qty=300 x 750mg capsules this morning. When opened an hour later, found to be nearly all stuck together. I returned them to the Caboolture store & was directed to senior assistant at prescription counter, she came back & refused a refund or change stock as I had opened the container! My interjection was maybe the stock was transported in uncontrolled temperature vehicles, as I normally get capsules from emu product people in Victoria sent via AusPost without this problem!
This is the 3rd rejection by this store over product purchased. My son used to work for this company & advised he has seen the rear dock door left open at the Caboolture location.
Old John.

overcharge many times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2019

my scripts are on their file. there are 5 items on file. when I picked up 3 out of 5 items, I was charged for 5 items even though I only had 3 items. this has happened to me & my husband more than 6 times. I complained at the check out & chemist warehouse promised to fix the problem but it happened the next time I picked up my.scripts.

• 1 review

Rude staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Waited ten minutes for service once someone finally appeared she took the bell off the counter and the attitude began..would rather pay higher script prices than be ignored by a staff member that clearly feels she above taking scripts.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Redbank Plains

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Extremely rude online staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

I purchased something online and wanted to return it within the 7 days as per the Chemist Warehouse refunds policy

However when I took it to a shop they said because I paid with afterpay I had to return it to Victoria. Nowhere on the website does it say this in relation to after pay orders

When I called the online sales people I spoke to you once snowflake called [name removed] who was rude and condescending until I informed her that I was recording the call then she went defensive and said she was going to terminate the call

Her reasoning behind having send it back to the factory was nonsensical given that we live in the 21st century and the fact that rather than point me in the direction of where it says after pay orders have to be returned by parcel she simply said quite rudely " I'm not going to argue with you about it"

Zero customer service skills

The way I see it the terms and conditions on their website is what they should be going by and if it says return it to a shop then I should be able to return it to a shop I am now $11 out of pocket have a headache through dealing with this [name removed] person and we'll never ever ever shop online with this mob again

Gold Coast

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

Online order products nearly expired

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Terrible service I’ve had! I placed an order during Christmas, and found two products are nearly expired(100 capsules one daily) expire at the beginning of May, I wrote email to customer service and ask for refund, waiting for 3 weeks,not reply! Just called customer service, and the lady said it’s my fault that not taking as soon as receiving the products! I checked the local store the expiry date is soooo long (2021 at least!)

I called them ask for return and refund, they ignored me , and provide a voucher for only one product, the other product they said it’s my fault that not start taking after receiving! I kept the products for return and refund, that’s why I didn’t open that!

First they said they can only give me voucher, then I said I will buy fresh products in your local store, she agreed to do a refund but still only for one product.

The service is terrible, I ordered a lot through their website, first time I found the date is so close to expiry! How can they send that kind of stock to customers and ask customer to take as soon as possible?! They SHOULD CHECK STOCK instead of sending poor products to customers!

Check use buy dates

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

On January 14 I purchased some Sukin Cream Cleanser at the Cannington store. When I got home I noticed that it had an expiry date of February 2019 and a production date of August 2016. I decided to email Chemist Warehouse to tell them of my disappointment. However, the email address given in the “contact us” section is invalid. Chemist Warehouse is fine for things that don’t have an expiry date but not good for things that do. I certainly would never buy perfume from there. I have read and been told that they buy from third party sources, in bulk, products close to expiry date.

Brisbane

Private message

Don’t bother using online services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Love In-store Chemist Warehouse, so this isn’t a reflection on the stores. But I just thought I would try the online service out. Don’t bother. Regular items ordered on 1/1/19 and it is now the 17/01/19 and they are possibly landing today!
When I rang up to enquire I was told it was due to Christmas, but that was initially 7 days before ordered. Phone service upon following up items was rude. Sadly a service that shouldn’t be offered! Or change promoted estimated delivery times to be more realistic ie 3 weeks for stock coming from within Australia.

Verified Customer

Cheap but no inventory to fufill orders

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Terrible service waiting more than 7 working days and my order still on pending. Quite alot of items on back order and I am not even being notified about this.

Shocking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

On each and every occasion I have found the staff to lack any sort of basic politeness, with “go there” a typical response to a query as to where something is located.

they send me a item near to expiry due day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

NEVER use their ONLINE SERVICE AGAIN. They send me a item near to expiry due day, only 3 months to go. How can I finish them?

They should throw these items away and NEVER send to customers. I know they have a horrible refund policy and do not take any vitamin products for exchange or refund.

But this is not my fault, they should refund it. I am still waiting for the Response, the customer service said it could take 2-3 business days to reply any emails.

Online purchase and excellent customer service (online via facebook)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Purchased several perfumes online in the new year. Despite long delays (took ~ 8 days instead to the usual 3 days) due to the holidays I finally received my purchase. However, one bottle broke and contents spilled. I contacted them via facebook and made a case (with the broken perfume bottle) and within an hour, I got reply, and they refunded the cost for the item without all the fuss. Very happy with their customer service. A+ for their friendly and efficient facebook team.

Complaint about your timeframe for returns

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I purchased an electric toothbrush as a Xmas gift. I presented it on Xmas Eve and she already has one.
I flew out of Sydney on Xmas Day and just returned on 10/1/19. I took the item back to Manly Chemist Warehouse expecting a refund, and was told of your ridiculous return policy of 7 days. Especially at this time of year there are many returns and people on holiday.
The Manager insisted that he could not give me a REFUND only a GIFT CARD. I shop there a lot and will use the gift card but it was actually your return within 7 days policy that is RIDICULOUS, I don't know of any other company that has such a short period for RETURNS!
I will be forwarding a complaint to Dept of Fair Trading & also the Minister for Fair Trading in Sydney Parliament.

Best shop for fragrances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Best prices,best service, lots of oprions .Easy to find the staff to help you , shop layout is just pergect

Friendly & helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Purchased Tena Pants night large 12 pack regularly at Chemist Warehouse; great range. Staff extremely helpful. Very pleased with the service.

• 1 review

Worst customer service experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Their customer service is terrible, they won’t help customers online as well in the store well also very rude about availability regarding products. I am stop going to this chemist warehouse.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Purposefully slow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

15 mins to fill script with no one else waiting. Deliberately slow at chemist warehouse Rundle Adelaide. Repeat offender. Terry White on Norwood Parade in contrast sorts it the moment you give them the script if no one is waiting. night and day difference.

Terrible return exchange refund policy and customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

If you bother to read their terms and conditions online. It is as confusing as it can be. Their customer service is also terrible and rude as they will hang up the phone with no resolve. Hopeless company just care about profit but not customers.

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Has taken 10 days to ship products. Didn’t have half the stuff so refunded that. Now not expected for another 5 days. 15 days from buy to getting products. NEVER AGAIN. Go in store their delivery service is TERRIBLE! So disappointed in their response too. Took 3 emails before they let me know they didn’t have the products and were holding the order to see if they could get the products.

VERY POOR SERVICE AND ATTITUDE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Don't try and return a product to Chemist Warehouse they illegally state that item must be returned under 7 days, no credit issued, no refund without docket even if item bares large Chemist Warehouse sticker with price on it, basically -- no refunds. VERY POOR service No star but couldn't submit without giving one

1 of 62 pages

A friend got me a present but I can not use it could I Exchange it for something else if I don’t have the receipt?

Zoe asked on Jan 04, 2019

Chinese steal to much baby formula and none are left I need an answer to stop this stupidity.

Jorda asked on Dec 15, 2018

Answer this

you may report this to ACCC, or Consumer Affairs Victoria. More people need to publishes the Chinese theft as this has been happening for too long. In the end the products are sold at 40 -50% more in China. www.consumer.vic.gov.au/ www.accc.gov.au,
why don't you open a webpage on FACE BOOK and publicly shame these Chinese, I am sure many people will write on the post!

The only way you can minimize the sale of this baby formula is to place a STOP on the baby formula export.
The Australian authority that has the ultimate power to do so or
You can produce more to cope with the demand
Anyone can buy baby formula and no one will be able to stop them as this is a normal purchase through the counter
The end user has a limit of 2 per customer to purchase.

I totally agree that baby formula should not be allowed to be exported or if for whatever reason govt can't put a stop on it, a high special levy should be applied on this product and an export limit should be set and needs to be accompanied by an application form. This way they can track who is exporting them.

How long does it take them to a deliver ordered Xmas presents first time for me? thanks

Karen asked on Nov 28, 2018

Answer this

I don't know I'm sorry. I apologise if it came across as though I work there. I don't, I just have been having horrible experiences with ordering online from there.

See all 36 questions about Chemist Warehouse