Super Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I would like to write a review in regards to the flight (CZ305) that my mother caught on the 18th of Nov 2017 from Guangzhou to Auckland. I would like to say thank you to all the CZ305 crew, the caring and friendly flight attendant assistants and help. This was my mother (75 years old) first time fly alone. My mother had a very pleasant experience with the crew and Southern China airline, their services were excellent; toilets were clean; food were nice; seat was comfortable and the most important thing is my mother feels safe travelling with southern China airline. My mother said she did not feel alone, feel flying with crew family. I will surely advertise southern China airline to my friends and we all choose Southern China Airline when we go anywhere.

Great Service from Flight Attendants

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

First the check-in agent was very helpful in obtaining an exit row seat for me. The on-board service was great as the crew was very friendly and responded to all my requests. Each flight leg was on time and at CAN the transfer to Kathmandu was very easy.

Verified Customer

Excellent service, on time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I booked through the phone, it was quick and easy. The onboard service was great and I am very satisfied.

Exceptional services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I would like to write a review in regards to the flight (cz 326) that I caught on the 19th of Nov 2017 from Sydney to Guangzhou. I would like to say thank you to one of the caring and friendly flight attendant name Zhao Ru Nan for her assistants and help. I had a very pleasant experience with the crew and Southern China airline, their services were good; toilets were clean; food were nice (good variety of meal selections); seat was comfortable (with soft pillow and warm quilt) and the most important thing is I feel safe travelling with southern China airline. I will surely advertise southern China airline to my circle of acquaintances.

Great customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Booking tickets and checking in are very user friendly through their mobile app. My trip was on time on the 18th of this month. I was satisfied with their service. By the way, the food was delicious.

China-southern-airlines good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Guiling to Bangkok when I boarded the plane, the crew gave a warm welcome and were very friendly. The seat was comfortable. The meal was good and I like it. I would recommend China Southern Airlines.

Excellent service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We visited China for the first time in June this year. The journey from Western Australia was really smooth and we arrived early in Guangzhou. Unfortunately, our connection to Chendu was delayed several times and was put back from 6.30pm to 0230 the following morning. We were transported (a little too late) to an hotel to freshen up and to try to get some rest. On our return after our trip up the Yangtze again we were delayed (apparently common in China) so China Southern put us up in another hotel for 2 days as a direct flight was unavailable until then. Much to our surprise and delight our seats were upgraded to Premium economy which gave us extra room and made us feel a little special. A special mention about Wang Changjin (steward) who was very attentive on board and helped make the journey feel shorter! I asked him for his card so I could give him some well deserved praise. Sorry its taken so long but we mislaid the card with his name on it and only found it today! We would definitely travel with China Southern again. Thankyou to all.

Great Service from CZ300 in Nov. 9, 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

So many passengers on-board with a very organized procedure made the flight departed on time from JFK. The Cantonese type food is very delicious and the movie on the aircraft is pretty updated, Great service throughout the whole flying. The flight was arrived at Guangzhou even 30 minutes earlier than the schedule. Everything is perfect...

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Excellent on-board service - Team leader

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

I was traveling with my 5 yrs old son on CZ302 on 12/10/2017. We sat at the very back of the plane. Firstly my son’s inflight entertainment is not working, so I got up to the flight attendant’s working station to ask if they can restart the system. I got there, Ms. Zeng is busy preparing the meals, while I was explaining the situation, she stopped what she was doing, and immediately restarted the system, and politely told me it might take a little while, I was surprised, because she remembered the seat number which is what I said at the very beginning, and she paid attention to it while she was doing other things. Afterward, Ms. Zeng remembered to come to us to check if the system is working ok. Second thing is my son has asked for a OJ while Ms. Zeng was picking up all the dirty trays from the passengers, she said she will bring it over later, and she did. She also apologised for the wait. I think during the flight, she must had requests from the passengers all the time, but she has not forget each one of them。Not the least, she always put on a sincere smile. I think that the service!

Marvellous service on CZ335

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

On 8 Nov 2017 I flew with CZ335 from Guangzhou to Auckland. My seat was 2A. I must say the service was marvellous and professional. Flying with this flight was a really unforgettable experience. The air hostesses provided me with a very friendly service, especially Ms Lin who was always smiling when she served me. She was always there whenever I needed help. Surely I will come back again and recommend China Southern to other people.

It is one of the best company of airline I have ever experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

China Southern Airlines CZ335 from Guangzhou to Auckland on 12th of Nov. Seat F3A. It has being a exhilarating experience and I enjoy it. The booking process was great and the airplane leaves and arrive on time. The on-board service is great and the flight attendants are very nice and kind. I felt comfortable sleeping on plane and the journey is so smooth that there is nothing to prevent me from reading or sleeping.

Enjoyable red eye flight

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Have been taking Guangzhou - Melbourne red eye flight for the past five years. My last flight was on 17th Oct and it was still enjoyable. I never sleep tight on red eye. But im ok to wake up as I know the lovely staffs are always around when I need water or any other assistance. it felt like they really care if I had a good rest, which is rare among other airlines.

Verified Customer

One of the best flight experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Really smooth and pleasant flight. The food is awesome! A great taste of local flavor from china. Everyone on the plane is so nice. The mini bar has almost every common liquor you can find on the market. The seats and facilities are in almost new Condition. Overall I will give 6 stars if I could for this flight.

Great Value For Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

China Southern Airlines CZ305 from Guangzhou to Auckland on 8th of Nov. Seat 63C. Check-in was smooth, boarding was smooth, economy class seat is comfortable enough. Flight was on schedule and Cabin crew was very nice and friendly. Great value for money.

Verified Customer

Best serve I had ever !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I really enjoy the flight . The air hostess are pretty nice and helpful. Delicious food , big enough space and comfortable quilt, my flight is CZ622. Looking forward to take the China Southern Airlines again!

Great trip with excellent services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

China Southern Airlines, CZ305, from Guangzhou to Auckland, NZ, on 29th Oct.
Business class on 777-300, comfortable seat, and pretty recent movies.
Excellent meal from their new NZ chief, impressive food!
Crews in business class are friends and provide excellent services.

Good service. Especially the staff 马雪艳(No.233378)gave me a excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

There is good service on board, especially the staff 马雪艳(No.233378)gave me an excellent service.

I think that I will book CS airline next time.

Don't do it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Wow, by far the worst customer service I've ever had. My girlfriend and I have flown through many airlines - both on a whim and planned well in advanced and this airline has been very rude and unhelpful.

Our flight was booked from Melbourne-Shenzhen-Beijing-Amsterdam and return via Amsterdam-Beijing-Guangzhou-Melbourne. We each thrice checked for visa requirements and were both under the impression that China has a 24-hr transit visa. Wrong! Some cities/airlines do not apply to this. We were taken to the service desk and waited for an hour before they told us our best options were: 1) cancel & rebook new flights, 2) call the airline to find a way around the cities that needed visas, or 3) risk it for the biscuit. We nearly risked it but decided to do our 1st option (despite the prices, it was a safer bet)!

So onto asking for a cancellation and refund request....
1) Csair - The website was outdated stating that website works were underway (however the dates had passed already), difficult to maneuver as some sections were in Chinese, and when I attempted to apply for a refund, it sent me to a 404 error page. Previous to that, no confirmation emails/texts had been sent to my email address/mobile despite the multiple requests.
2) We called the airline line, was on hold for hours (as you might've anticipated) and then were told to call the office in Australia (which was closed due to the public holiday) and that they couldn't help us. After insisting, they told us to send an email with details of our trip and our passports and to call back when we received a response email regarding our cancellation/refund, which shouldn't take longer than 10-15 minutes. Email sent. 20 minutes passed. No email. So we call back, wait for another half hour and (of course) speak to a different agent. This agent says very abruptly "There's a 30-minute processing time from when we receive your email. Call back when you get it. Bye." And she hangs up before we get a chance to respond with anything.
3) It's been over an hour and 15 minutes now and we still haven't received an email.

Bottom line: Don't fly with this airline if you're a foreigner and don't have any intention of going to China. Their tickets might seem cheap if you're transiting through the country, but unless you have a Chinese passport, prepare yourself for tagteaming and chasing customer service. If you do travel with this airline, check all connecting airports to ensure they qualify under the 24-hr transit permit, and if not, then you'll need a Chinese visa which takes >3-4 weeks to process. If you book through a travel agent, it is their job to tell you if you need a visa.

Very good service and food was lovely

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

The booking process is well management and every thing is perfectly on time. And service team was so friendly. Strongly recommend!

Terrible Journey

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I, Dr. Jian N. Yao, (The Justice of the Peace in Australia) flew to Guangzhou from Melbourne on October 14th, 2017 with China Southern Airlines Flight CZ322. Upon arrival at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport at about 6 a.m. on the 15th, I waited for over two hours for one of my two checked baggage to no avail. I reported my lost to the Baggage at Loss Department of Baiyun Airport and filed the missing baggage report (Reference No: 12601, Tag No: CZ466095) detailed with the brand, quality, color, size of the lost baggage, with a picture of my other baggage taken as reference. The staff then told me to leave and promised to notify me of any news of my lost baggage. I did not hear back the next day, hence I called a few times to enquire. Each time I called, it seemed like none of the staff know about the incident and I had to repeat myself over and over again. Finally, I was told to report the incident to the police so they can check on the surveillance camera. The police informed the airport in advance when we will be arriving to check the surveillance video, however, when we arrived, there were no one to greet us. After many phone calls, finally a staff member came to assist. After checking the video and wasted the whole day in airport, there was no conclusion.

I had no change of clothes as the missing luggage contained all my clothes, the staff said I can apply for an urgency compensation ($500 RMB), so I immediately fill out the application. Once again, I did not hear back from anyone regarding my incident for five days. I made several phone calls to the airport, and all I got was “Nothing has been found!”

In addition to suits, jackets and all my other garments, the suitcase contains important information of an international medical conferences I was about to attend, some health products for my 90 year-old father who is hospitalized and presents for friends and relatives worth over AUD $5,000 (All details I had provided on the Description of missing baggage), I have returned to Melbourne, Australia right now, my luggage has been lost for more than three weeks, so far there is still no reply from the airport. During this whole incidence, not only have I lost my belongings, I wasted energy and time that I could spend with my family, leaving the elderly of my family worried! I am indeed very upset, indignation and frustrated! Being a large enterprise like China Southern Airlines and Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, being treated this way, I can say I am well and truly very disappointed!

1 of 190 pages