Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Ryde

Friendly & Efficient Team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I am writing you an email to say a great big THANK YOU to your team for helping us prepare for the move from Artarmon to Ryde in Sydney on May 25, 2018. Tina was great in coming to meet with me to explain all aspects of the move and all of the packing materials arrived in good condition in plenty of time. On the day, the guys arrived on time and safely and efficiently took all of our furniture and crates downstairs. This was a stairs job at the old site so I would like to say also a big THANK YOU to Rodrigo, Thiago, Caio, and Wendel for doing such a great job! Everything was moved to the new site in great time and the boys were very helpful in helping us to place the furniture.

I can’t thank your team enough for making our move so smooth! Thanks guys!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Interstate a no-go

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Had used previously for intra-city moves with no problems so thought I would give them a go for an interstate move.
Despite their website boasting they are interstate experts, the reality is for our move they subcontracted to another cheap removalist. Communication between citymove and the subbie was bad, and trying to get any information out of citymove regarding timing etc was very painful and limited.
Subbie only arrived at 7pm, causing us to change our travel plans with additional cost. Subbie arrived wearing thongs, didn't have any tools, and immediately started demanding extra money as they argued that the volume was more than they were told (despite not measuring).
On dropoff once again 7pm arrival, manager on phone telling me if I didn't pay an extra 800 immediately then they wouldn't unload the truck. After yelling on the phone for ten minutes they then demanded an additional 150 for stairs (despite my having informed citymove of stairs). No communication from citymove to subbie regarding payments already made. The subbie broke our bed and damaged our staircase.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Great service, fast and careful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Reasonable size move from apartment to apartment - added difficulty of busy complex and small lift/doors. Both movers were kind, efficient and effective.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Move went well. Boys did a good job

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Manuel and Renan were brilliant. They did what it says on the truck, moved my stuff with care. They even had plastic wrap to extra protect my king furniture. third time using them - always happy. They aren’t cheap though, but I’d rather a careful move than broken things.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Vinny was excellent. He deserves a raise. He was efficient, friendly and strong as an ox. This is the third time I’ve used city move and can’t fault them.

Convenient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

We needed to storage 9 pallets on a 20 feet container. the distance was not to long since we are located in Marrickville. Everything went well but there was a 3 hours delay.

Canberra

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Canberra - rude, broke my bed, and left a filthy mattress at my old place

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I was moving one bedroom in a share-house. The move was only a few suburbs away. They were really rude, and didn't seem to care about my stuff. They broke a slat that connected my bed together (presumably) and when I went to put my bed together it was missing. They left a filthy mattress from a previous job lying up against the front wall of my old house.

The company twice tried to overcharge me, once on the phone at the time of booking, and again once the job was complete. Then when I complained, they promised me a $50 refund, then refused to honour that.

Worst move experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Citymove claims to make your move easy... where instead they made our move HELL. It was disappointing & stressful at every step.
We were advised to book a 4 tonne truck for a three bedroom apartment with a garage. This was already too small and on the move day we were shocked to receive a 2 tonne truck. This size truck is only suitable for moving one room at that. After repeatedly phoning Head office to express our concerns there was no answer and so we were forced to make 4 trips back and forth and use our cars to ferry our furniture. The three men we were allocated were slow and unhelpful- even after we gave them a tip upfront to go faster. Zero care factor.
We followed up with head office the following Monday and received no response until weeks later. We were promised some compensation and months later this refund has not be honoured. I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs. There is no accountability or customer care in their brand values.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Friendly service. Easy to work with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

The move involved shifting items within a commercial office space. The two guys from Citymove acting as 'Hired Muscle' were friendly and helpful. Happy to do whatever was asked of them and were both careful and efficient. They arrived on time. We'd be happy to use Citymove anytime. Highly recommended.

Good service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

I’m very satisfied with Citymove service. I got Manuel and one other staff to help with moving and they did a good job. They took great care of my furnitures, none of my stuffs got any damage. I would give them a solid 9/10 and i will recommend Citymove to my friends and family.

Friendly, expert service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Moved two rooms and a lot of boxes to my new house with these guys. They are super friendly, professional and go above and beyond a moving service. I don’t normally write reviews but these guys are exceptional. Highly recommended!

1st class service, 1st class team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

We moved into our new office and the guys turned up on time and didn’t stop. They were careful and delicate with all of our items and always asking questions about where to our items etc.

The best moving company we have used yet.

Efficient and careful move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Thanks for an easy move boys. Turned up on time, friendly, worked hard and the move was all done carefully and efficiently.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

What an ordeal! Move and post-move customer support was a nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

I recently moved a 2 bedroom unit and it took 7.5 hours and cost over $1,000! I made numerous calls to [name removed] at Citymove and complaints on the day and did not hear from anyone regarding my issues. The move team were lazy, slow and incompetent, they wasted time had a 'take it easy' attitude and had absolutely no regard for the escalating billable hours they were clocking up. They were taking so long to transfer items to the truck that my son and I started packing up our cars and doing trips to the property and they had to do trips where a previous exact move took only the one trip. The unpacking was just as bad that I ended up getting them to just leave items in the garage, we then had to move this into place. I received an automated txt soon after to which I replied I was unhappy with the service but that too went nowhere. I discovered now a number of boxes and their contents (including collectable china) have been damaged. On emailing again to ask that my complaints be addressed I was given every excuse they could think of to disregard my concerns and complaints. [name removed] from customer service just threw clause after clause at me as to why didn’t have to take responsibility to review the damaged caused to my personal items or review the move team actions. I found her responses to be upsetting. I will not use Citymove ever again. I will not recommend Citymove and I have decided to place this negative feedback not only on the move but the post-move customer support. You should also beware when you sign that small device they hand you, not only are to signing to authorise the credit card transaction but your are also accepting and signing an inventory at the conclusion of the move to accept all their conditions - there was no mention of this on the day! Citymove did not send capable efficient experienced moving men to carry out the moving task in question and the post move customer support was dismissive, therefore, I will be taking further steps to formalise my complaint. Regards

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Arg, I am so sorry to hear about this. We want to let you know that every issues we have we handle it along with the guidelines that we have. May I know your name so that I can properly addres... read more »

Hi Citymove, Thanks for your comment. You can contact me if you think it will help the situation. My name is Rita Gerardis e: ritagerardis@hotmail.com my move date was 27 December 2017 (Gordon to North Ryde). Regards

Erina, NSW

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

On time, polite, careful and reasonable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

This is the 3rd time im using Citymove removalist service and the outcome is as always perfect. Moved from Sydney to Central Coast and these guys tried their best to make the move smooth and efficient.
Though the move took 8 hours long and so tiring Hugo and Alex were patient and helpful.
Thanks for the great work guys.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

On time, on quote and generally excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We moved a small office seamlessly with these guys. The quote was easy to do, and when the guys turned up on the day very accurate. We only moved a small distance down the road, but loading everything up and unloading was on time. They didn't scuff a single wall or object.

Melbourne

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Moving went fine, refund for the canceled services is nowhere to be seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Initially I booked moving out + storage + moving in services, but in a few days it turned out I can do the move in one day. I canceled the storage service and one day of the truck + movers, but only got refunded for the storage. It has been a month, the phone support is giving me promises but nothing is happening. The move itself went without problems, so if you don't expect any changes in your order, I suppose you can use these guys.

Update (01/12/17) : After submitting the original version of this review, I was contacted by a representative, who promised to resolve the refund issue. After that, for two weeks there has been no communication from them whatsoever, and when I tried to call the phone number I was given (multiple times), nobody even answered the call. I am changing my review from 2 stars to 1. Terrible customer service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Bogdan, I apologise if this happened with your post move. As much as possible we want our customers to be satisfied with our services. With regards to your concern about the refund of your can... read more »

Unfortunately, no, I haven't been refunded. I was in contact with a representative in the end of last year and reminded her several times about that over the course of a month, and each time I got ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

Booked a 1pm arrival on a Friday afternoon as we live on a clearway (which was advised). All of this was no problem with the booking agent. Until the day of arrival and I had to chase the chase where the removalists were, only to be told we were booked in a 'guide time' of 1pm - 5pm. This was not explained on booking. Once they eventually arrived at 4.30pm there was no parking anywhere nearby, we missed our booked move in slot at our new building (located one block away - which took them 35 minutes to drive to) and were charged an additional $250 'out of ours' fee by the building manager. They then took 4 hours to move 31 items of furniture from our 2 bedroom apartment (no boxes included in the move, we had already moved them). This number includes small items like bedside tables and 5 dining chairs. This came to a fantastic total of $800 when we were quoted $350. They also dragged our $3,000 mattress through a car park and shredded the cover and 2 sides of the mattress.

So a total move cost of $1,050 to move a few items across the street, and destroyed a $3,000 mattress.

Worst mistake I've ever made when moving house. I should have followed my instincts when I saw only positive reviews here - afterwards I found out they have been fined twice before for posting fake positive reviews. I felt sorry for the guys moving, who had obviously been booked on way too many jobs that day and didn't get to finish till 8.30pm on a Friday night. 0/100 - AVOID.

Also contacted the company twice before posting this review to give them a chance to compensate and explain - to no reply after waiting 2 weeks. But I can guarantee they will call you to book in within 1 minute of placing an online quote request.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Absolutely shocking. Be wary of citymove if you want to actually have your possessions moved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Had to move a small 2 bedroom apartment from Lidcombe to Engadine, 1 hour away.
Ordered a 10 tonne truck with 3 men, called at 3 pm and tried to cancel when I refused they turned up at 5pm, with a 4 tonne truck and 2 boys, with another guy turning up just before they drove for an hour and a bit so was basically paying for his to sit in truck for first hour and a half. They spent 4 hours packing the truck trying to fit everything as their truck was too small so was massively overcharged, then had to leave a load at the house so I spent all day the next day running trailer loads to finish the move while their office was calling me asking why their removalists were not there to finish the job Sunday morning. Why they are asking me why their removalists aren't there to finish the job says a lot about the company. I was still charged the $221 an hour for 3 men and a 10 tonne truck. When I questioned this I was offered a $21 refund for a truck half the size and only 2 men for first few hours. Now 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the increased refund after spending a day going backwards and forwards trying to make them understand why I expected a bigger refund than that for a truck half the size and less men than booked and having to fight to get anywhere. Only way I have managed to get anywhere is to advise I am taking the matter further to department of consumer affairs then all of a sudden things started happening and I have been sent a remittance for my refund from weeks ago.

Be very wary of using this company, you'd be better off finding one of the cheapies off gumtree, they can't be any worse but at least they will charge you correctly.

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Malaga

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Best guys we ever had , great care taken, nothing too hard, went beyond the call of duty, Carefully explained everything and move done with extreme care. I can't say enough good things, I ha e have had to move house a number of times , never before received such excellent service. Whatever you are paying these guys you need to double, no way you want to lose them!!

1 of 22 pages