Filter By:

Citymove Dodgy (Google it) DO NOT USE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Apart from the ACCC fining this mob TWICE for fake reviews, (Google citymove dodgy), they were a disgrace to deal with. They quoted 4hrs for a job that they then took 8 hrs to do, doubling their bill. The "professional" removalists are backpackers, one barely able to speak English. Save yourself the pain and find another company.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Percy and his team were amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

My lovely Citymove team moved my mum and I to a three bedroom unit in the Inner West of Sydney. Luckily, the move was not far, but still daunting for my elderly mum. The three team members were extremely friendly, polite and efficient. We were very thankful for their wonderful work and attitude. Definitely service with a smile. On time, fast and efficient. We would definitely recommend them.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Great service and prompt communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

I had to move a few items from one location to another. The service from Citymove was prompt, professional and highly competent. The items were accounted properly and transported safely.

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Chermside

Great move!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

The move was great. I moved from an apartment to another apartment and the guys were very efficient and quick. Everything went so well. The guys were on time and moved quickly from the beginning.

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Chermside

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

2 bed room unit , short distance yes it started @8.15 and finished @ 12.15 we were very happy with the service we received. Thank you very much Coral Welsh

Verified Customer

Smooth and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Long distance (I don't drive so travel is difficult for me)
Move was started and completed in an appropriate level of time
Moving from a 4 bedroom house to 1 bedroom unit, however I do not have a great amount of property/belongings

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

They where very polite and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

They arrived on time and communicated with a phone call when they left there premises to let you know they are on there way and on arrival. I would recommend them to family and friends with no hesitation.

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Morningside

Personable, Careful and Hard Working

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

4 tonne truck packed to the brim.
The guys did an amazing job!
Didn’t give up to get the furniture out with the extremely tight squeeze and was extra careful not to damage the property.
Appreciated the rush I was in to get to my son for daycare pick up and went the extra mile to unload.
Friendliness was also a bonus!

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Morningside

Easy as

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

It was only a Small move a short distance. It Made life really easy. I’d use them again in the future.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Couldn’t have been any better!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Sebastian and Diego were lovely, careful and professional and deserve a bonus for the effort they put in today. You wouldn't have a business without these boys; two best movers we've ever had. Arrived at 7am on the dot; they finished a 1 bedroom studio apartment on the third floor (no elevator) in under 3 hours. No easy feat!

Give these guys a raise.

• 1 comment

Be warned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

2 Bedroom move but with 3 pick up locations. City move was recommended by a friend. But it's not the removalists I am warning you about it's the customer care. I discussed the shrink wrap for mattress during sales call. It even says on its website one is included for free. On the day of the move there was none. Removalists said they don't have it. Called the head office and he says they ran out from the morning job 'but thinking of the dear customer we came to your job instead of getting a new supply'. But they had blankets which are 'not that dirty.' I explained to them it was not about the dirt but hygiene. Bed bugs rats who knows what has been on that blanket. During a subsequent call about another issue (see below) I mention this issue as it hadn't been resolved. Now they tell me my husband had permitted them to load with blankets eventhough they were sourcing the shrink wrapping so not their problem I was told. I ring my husband and he said he wasn't given a choice. It was getting loaded with blankets or not loaded. For my baby's mattress I asked my husband to put it in his car and bring it up. Not risking bed bugs or nasties for a baby.
Then came the issue with our couch. During the initial call I asked them could they ensure or note on the system the removalists had to be those experienced with moving kings furnitures as I had been warned when I had my sofa delivered that not everyone knew how to move kings furniture. He said all fine as they are so experienced so no issues. Today the removalists tells me it's electric sofa so has to be disassembled. I said no. It came in one piece delivered by 2 people. No one is doing that to void my warranty on kings furniture. When I called the head office they tried to blame me for needing an extra person. I informed them I previously specifically asked them whether city move knew how to move kings furniture. Long story short short the customer service was happy to waive the waiting time for a third person to arrive to help with the couch and the fees for the third person. That was a nice touch.
But how did the call end? It didn't end on a positive note. He kept on making excuses re mattress which I didn't want to hear. He said it wasn't his fault I was having issues with city move. Perhaps I was a little harsh as I wasn't happy with the move at all but a move shouldn't be so hard.
So he told me me that he or the complaints team will check the initial calls to see whether I had discussed the shrink wraps and kings furniture in my initial calls. And I said please do so. I'll update the post when the job finishes and will update what I am charged. The pick up was at 1.45 at the third pick up and it's now 5.05.
So if I was to move again which I'll do so I will not use city move as it had been extra stressful in addition to the stress of moving. Next time I'll take recommendations of a local ones or the owner operated and run ones.

Comments

The move took 8.5 hours. The removalist took one 1.5 hour break and told us “we dont charge” but at the conclusion of the move they charged me and said talk to the office. And removalist also charg... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Ryde

Friendly & Efficient Team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I am writing you an email to say a great big THANK YOU to your team for helping us prepare for the move from Artarmon to Ryde in Sydney on May 25, 2018. Tina was great in coming to meet with me to explain all aspects of the move and all of the packing materials arrived in good condition in plenty of time. On the day, the guys arrived on time and safely and efficiently took all of our furniture and crates downstairs. This was a stairs job at the old site so I would like to say also a big THANK YOU to Rodrigo, Thiago, Caio, and Wendel for doing such a great job! Everything was moved to the new site in great time and the boys were very helpful in helping us to place the furniture.

I can’t thank your team enough for making our move so smooth! Thanks guys!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Interstate a no-go

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

Had used previously for intra-city moves with no problems so thought I would give them a go for an interstate move.
Despite their website boasting they are interstate experts, the reality is for our move they subcontracted to another cheap removalist. Communication between citymove and the subbie was bad, and trying to get any information out of citymove regarding timing etc was very painful and limited.
Subbie only arrived at 7pm, causing us to change our travel plans with additional cost. Subbie arrived wearing thongs, didn't have any tools, and immediately started demanding extra money as they argued that the volume was more than they were told (despite not measuring).
On dropoff once again 7pm arrival, manager on phone telling me if I didn't pay an extra 800 immediately then they wouldn't unload the truck. After yelling on the phone for ten minutes they then demanded an additional 150 for stairs (despite my having informed citymove of stairs). No communication from citymove to subbie regarding payments already made. The subbie broke our bed and damaged our staircase.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Great service, fast and careful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Reasonable size move from apartment to apartment - added difficulty of busy complex and small lift/doors. Both movers were kind, efficient and effective.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Move went well. Boys did a good job

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Manuel and Renan were brilliant. They did what it says on the truck, moved my stuff with care. They even had plastic wrap to extra protect my king furniture. third time using them - always happy. They aren’t cheap though, but I’d rather a careful move than broken things.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Vinny was excellent. He deserves a raise. He was efficient, friendly and strong as an ox. This is the third time I’ve used city move and can’t fault them.

Convenient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

We needed to storage 9 pallets on a 20 feet container. the distance was not to long since we are located in Marrickville. Everything went well but there was a 3 hours delay.

Canberra

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Canberra - rude, broke my bed, and left a filthy mattress at my old place

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I was moving one bedroom in a share-house. The move was only a few suburbs away. They were really rude, and didn't seem to care about my stuff. They broke a slat that connected my bed together (presumably) and when I went to put my bed together it was missing. They left a filthy mattress from a previous job lying up against the front wall of my old house.

The company twice tried to overcharge me, once on the phone at the time of booking, and again once the job was complete. Then when I complained, they promised me a $50 refund, then refused to honour that.

Worst move experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Citymove claims to make your move easy... where instead they made our move HELL. It was disappointing & stressful at every step.
We were advised to book a 4 tonne truck for a three bedroom apartment with a garage. This was already too small and on the move day we were shocked to receive a 2 tonne truck. This size truck is only suitable for moving one room at that. After repeatedly phoning Head office to express our concerns there was no answer and so we were forced to make 4 trips back and forth and use our cars to ferry our furniture. The three men we were allocated were slow and unhelpful- even after we gave them a tip upfront to go faster. Zero care factor.
We followed up with head office the following Monday and received no response until weeks later. We were promised some compensation and months later this refund has not be honoured. I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs. There is no accountability or customer care in their brand values.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Friendly service. Easy to work with.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

The move involved shifting items within a commercial office space. The two guys from Citymove acting as 'Hired Muscle' were friendly and helpful. Happy to do whatever was asked of them and were both careful and efficient. They arrived on time. We'd be happy to use Citymove anytime. Highly recommended.

1 of 22 pages