Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Moving went fine, refund for the canceled services is nowhere to be seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Initially I booked moving out + storage + moving in services, but in a few days it turned out I can do the move in one day. I canceled the storage service and one day of the truck + movers, but only got refunded for the storage. It has been a month, the phone support is giving me promises but nothing is happening. The move itself went without problems, so if you don't expect any changes in your order, I suppose you can use these guys.

Update (01/12/17) : After submitting the original version of this review, I was contacted by a representative, who promised to resolve the refund issue. After that, for two weeks there has been no communication from them whatsoever, and when I tried to call the phone number I was given (multiple times), nobody even answered the call. I am changing my review from 2 stars to 1. Terrible customer service.

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

Booked a 1pm arrival on a Friday afternoon as we live on a clearway (which was advised). All of this was no problem with the booking agent. Until the day of arrival and I had to chase the chase where the removalists were, only to be told we were booked in a 'guide time' of 1pm - 5pm. This was not explained on booking. Once they eventually arrived at 4.30pm there was no parking anywhere nearby, we missed our booked move in slot at our new building (located one block away - which took them 35 minutes to drive to) and were charged an additional $250 'out of ours' fee by the building manager. They then took 4 hours to move 31 items of furniture from our 2 bedroom apartment (no boxes included in the move, we had already moved them). This number includes small items like bedside tables and 5 dining chairs. This came to a fantastic total of $800 when we were quoted $350. They also dragged our $3,000 mattress through a car park and shredded the cover and 2 sides of the mattress.

So a total move cost of $1,050 to move a few items across the street, and destroyed a $3,000 mattress.

Worst mistake I've ever made when moving house. I should have followed my instincts when I saw only positive reviews here - afterwards I found out they have been fined twice before for posting fake positive reviews. I felt sorry for the guys moving, who had obviously been booked on way too many jobs that day and didn't get to finish till 8.30pm on a Friday night. 0/100 - AVOID.

Also contacted the company twice before posting this review to give them a chance to compensate and explain - to no reply after waiting 2 weeks. But I can guarantee they will call you to book in within 1 minute of placing an online quote request.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Absolutely shocking. Be wary of citymove if you want to actually have your possessions moved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Had to move a small 2 bedroom apartment from Lidcombe to Engadine, 1 hour away.
Ordered a 10 tonne truck with 3 men, called at 3 pm and tried to cancel when I refused they turned up at 5pm, with a 4 tonne truck and 2 boys, with another guy turning up just before they drove for an hour and a bit so was basically paying for his to sit in truck for first hour and a half. They spent 4 hours packing the truck trying to fit everything as their truck was too small so was massively overcharged, then had to leave a load at the house so I spent all day the next day running trailer loads to finish the move while their office was calling me asking why their removalists were not there to finish the job Sunday morning. Why they are asking me why their removalists aren't there to finish the job says a lot about the company. I was still charged the $221 an hour for 3 men and a 10 tonne truck. When I questioned this I was offered a $21 refund for a truck half the size and only 2 men for first few hours. Now 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the increased refund after spending a day going backwards and forwards trying to make them understand why I expected a bigger refund than that for a truck half the size and less men than booked and having to fight to get anywhere. Only way I have managed to get anywhere is to advise I am taking the matter further to department of consumer affairs then all of a sudden things started happening and I have been sent a remittance for my refund from weeks ago.

Be very wary of using this company, you'd be better off finding one of the cheapies off gumtree, they can't be any worse but at least they will charge you correctly.

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Not on time. 2 lazy people finding tough to move the items. 9 hours to complete 2 bed room move. Over priced.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you and that your expectations with the move was not met. May I please have your name and phone number so I can review you... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Citymove were late, careless with our furniture and they charged me extra for their lateness.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

Not worth going with. They were hours late with picking up our goods and late delivering our goods and had a major storm and flooding which meant we could not meet the driver with. Due to flood, made a number of calls to head office for an update and location of their drivers which had to reschedule the drop off to the next day. The next day they didn't arrive at the confirmed time. Made a number of calls to HO where they never called back when they said they would. To top things off, they charged us for delivering the goods the next day at a discount. On the next day, they were hours late again and could not give me an estimated time on their arrival. Having to wait hours for Citymove at the drop off with a 7month is not ideal. I wanted to negotiate a further discount and during the call, the HO threaten to not deliver our goods if we didn't pay. I never said I wasn't going to pay, just wanted further discount. No further discount was given and When they finally arrived, they wanted payment before they unloaded the truck. The whole experience is a debacle. Plus, they were careless with our furniture with a number of new scratches and dents found, and furniture we wrapped with our own blankets were removed by them so our fabric furniture was exposed to getting dirty.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I great apologize if your expectations with Citymove and the move we did for you was not met. In order for me to assist you further, may please ask for your first and last name as well a... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Day before my move they say no driver so sending 4 tonne truck instead of 20 tonne!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

I booked my move a month ago and a 10 tonne truck was required. Today a day before my move they call me and say there is no driver and will have to give me a 4 tonne and will not charge me 1 way. There is more cost increment in having 2 trips than just one way mileage- the twice loading and unloading and lesser men to do all the work. The operations guy was not helpful at all when I asked to speak to the manager. The driver is not available but the 10 tonne truck is so they can get a replacement to fulfill customer need for a 10 tonne truck. They charge by the hour so having two trips turns out more expensive. It's last minute's notice and there is no focus on customer service at all and they tell you the day before the move and will not give any options favourable to customer. The operations guy seemed determined in saying there is no other option without even escalating yet to manager who will call me back in 2 hours. Lets see if the manager is more reasonable. Dont be fooled if you can get a more reliable mover go with a different one instead of citymove!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Beware - Citymove take photos of your house after they move you in

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

Beware - The removalists take photos of your house on their personal mobile phones after they move you in. Apparently this is their procedure so that they can attach a photograph to your invoice. There is no good reason for doing this, especially given the security concerns this causes. Hopefully these photos don't end up on a "good places to break into" website. Beware!!! Especially ladies living on their own.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi PR1, I am so sorry you felt this way. The movers are expected to take access photos to verify compliance with WHS standard for hazardous workplaces. They also have to photograph their loads for ... read more »

Citymove. Domestic premises are not hazardous workplaces, by any reasonable standards. I have moved many times domestically and internationally and no other removal company has taken photographs of... read more »

Brisbane

• 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Awful experience - stay away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2016

I have no idea how there are positive reviews for this company. Our experience was horrendous. All our furniture was damaged (yes, every single piece has dents/scratches). The only things that survived the trip intact were the boxes we packed ourselves. The removalists had nowhere near enough blankets to protect our furniture (despite me providing a detailed list of what we needed moved) and their furniture trolley was broken. When we pointed out the damage, the removalists shrugged - that was it! I asked to speak to their manager, who politely responded with "things happens" and told me that the two men would not leave until they were paid in full. When I told him I simply wanted the account dealt with by head office (because as it turns out, the damage bill to our furniture is more than the cost of the move), he said they would stay in my house all night unless I gave them my credit card details (which they were also offering no receipt for). After 2 hours of this back and forward, I called the police - who removed the two men for trespassing. Head office have been just as bad to deal with since, with Victoria (who apparently works in "customer solutions") telling me that unless the removalists were physically threatening me, they had every right to stay in my house all night. It seems that Qld police don't share Victoria's view. In addition, to claim damages for their movers negligence, you need to show proof of purchase for all your furniture. Funnily enough we didn't have a tax invoice for the table we've owned for 10 years (which was still a beautiful piece of furniture that was undamaged until we hired citymove). From the reviews on here, citymove obviously has some good removalists but why risk getting the movers we did and having to deal with the shocking service provided by head office. They are meant to be an accredited company who provide "experienced professionals" and yet, one of our removalists openly admitted it was the second time he'd ever moved furniture. We're now having to apply to small claims court for damages and submit a complaint to Fair Trading Australia - the whole thing has been a nightmare and not something I would want anyone else to experience.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Booked my 2 bedroom move with these clowns, they gave me "earliest and best slot" 7:30AM. These guys appeared after 1:30 hours. In the meantime, I made numerous calls to their numbers, not a single person called me back and told me any reasons for the delay, etc.

I had to step in by looking at their speed, still took 4 hours to complete the move, charged me $530 and gave $30 discount.

This was my second move with them so thought they will treat me good but now will never repeat the mistake and just leaving this review so people can also learn by my mistake.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Mukesh, Sincere apologies we arrived late on your move the other week. Unfortunately delays can happen due to unforseen even events on the day, and the best we can do is get the guys there as... read more »

Disgustingly crooked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

Dear CityMove Brisbane

You completed our move from Tirrabella Street, Carina Heights, Brisbane, to 7 Bread Street, Mansfield, Brisbane, on Friday, 13th November 2015.

We booked a 10 ton truck to arrive at 10.30 on Friday. Your man [name removed] said he would send an email verifying it. He didn't send any email apart from the dollar saying our credit card was ok.

I specifically stated in my initial booking email that I did not want removalists in the afternoon because they would be tired. I even made a joke about it to underline my point.

We then discovered with your email a couple of days before our move that you were only going to send one 4 ton truck at anything up until 5 o’clock in the afternoon.

With a bit of arguing with the female manager we were then promised that we would have two 4 ton trucks at 10.30am

I can't begin to comprehend the lies and distortions coming from each and every phone call [name removed] made to your company from 10.30 am on the day of our move, ie "had a cancellation so truck will be there before 12.00". "We won't charge you for the time from Tirrabella to Bread Street." Which is exactly 1.4 km away.

The lies continued and one 4 ton truck eventually arrived at 13.43. I started my stop watch when they actually arrived. We told the driver that we had been promised two trucks and they were very late. The driver phoned your office and was told that another 4 ton truck was available and did we want to use it. What? Did we want to use it? Good grief. “No.. it’s ok we’re quite happy with the service we have had so far; just send the other truck home; everything is under control here.” Is the Brisbane CityMove real?

It was then I said to the driver and my wife that “we are being conned aren’t we?”. We should have cancelled the move then and there but at 2 o’clock on a Friday afternoon who you gonna call?

We quickly realised that the non English speaking youngster was either a complete bludger or something was wrong with him. An hour or so later they admitted that he had hurt himself on the previous move. The driver then helped.

At around 1600 hours they took off for the 1.4 km drive to our other house so I waited for the new crew to arrive.

Two hours later it was in disbelief that instead of another crew I watched the same crew backing into the driveway. We later discovered that those poor buggers had been working since 7.00 in the morning. Without a break! I wonder what the Health and Safety will have to say about that one?

Is it a head office dictum to use the hydraulic lift at all times even when the furniture could be lifted by a ten year old! Ie I watched the young non English speaking guy putting a cane chair on the lift, stepping on the lift then I didn't see him again for five minutes. My daughter said that she was told that he had hurt his back which was why he was so slow.

The men did seem to take a considerable amount of care with our furniture in the first half hour. I did wonder why it took nearly 5 minutes for every piece of furniture taken inside the truck but (on looking inside the truck) was calmed by the fact that the three of them were engrossed in a discussion which was obviously to do with the logistics with the perfect position in the truck.

It was quite a hot day so I decided to move my chair outside where I could see the back of the truck. The truck filled up much more rapidly afterwards so I am tremendously pleased that they had managed to work out the positioning before I got paranoiac!

At 68 years old I thought I was immune to con men. Bubble wrap at three dollars a metre? Not needed. We have our own. Wow. I take my hat off to CityMove. Driver said that insurance says that “we can't take the display cabinet without bubble wrap as it’s an insurance thing”.

Even although we had plenty of our own bubblewrap we were charged $120 for bubble wrap to wrap a glass display cabinet. We were charged another $60 for ordinary wrap to wrap a sideboard. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY UNWRAPPED IT ALL AT THE DESTINATION AND TOOK IT AWAY WITH THEM? $180 to hire wrap for an hour or so. Surely this is theft?

We decided that as the workers were obviously knackered (and as it was 8.30 at night) we didn’t have the heart to tell them to take the sideboard into our bedroom upstairs so told them to just leave it in the garage. Half an hour before paying I felt sorry for the men so I went out to the bottle shop and at 8.30pm bought each worker a large bottle of Mexican beer as it appears they were from Brazil.

The driver presented the cost to my wife at nine o’clock at night. She told him he had to be joking. He said that head office told him he couldn’t leave until he was paid. My 68 year old wife gave him her credit card. It didn’t go through. The driver said again he wouldn’t leave until he was paid. The standover tactics worked and reluctantly I gave him my credit card to pay the crooked bill.

It was now 9.30 at night and although I knew we had been screwed I honestly thought they had completed the move.

The following day I had to hire a van to bring the rest of the stuff from the starting house. Admittedly it only took 1 and a half hours but it cost me another $80 on top of the $835 we were charged to move our furniture 1.4km.

Six months ago we used Dawe2Door. They moved the same stuff from storage in Capalaba. Stopped on the way to pick up a heap of stuff from our house in Camp Hill then brought it to the rental in Carina Heights. They then went to Mt Gravatt and picked up a houseful of stuff from my daughter’s house to Carina Heights. They charged $900 in total which we actually thought was quite a lot.

This is the eleventh move we have made since we got married in Scotland. The fifth move we have used a professional moving company.

Your company CityMove turned our move into an absolute nightmare.

Price
At CityMove we know what it’s like to move house: Expensive. That’s why we’ve done our best to keep prices low. Unlike most local removalists, we don’t charge a base-to-base fee or a depot fee, and we charge by the minute, not the hour or even the half hour. That means you pay for the work we do, and nothing else.

Punctuality
It’s a simple enough concept: When you get a removalist quote you have to tell the company when you need to be out and when you need to be in. A lot of companies take those data points more as guidelines. At CityMove we know that on moving day your entire life centres on one thing: The local removalists showing up on time. If we’re late, everything falls apart. When it comes to local moving, we’ve got it covered: With more than 30 trucks in service and an army of fit, trained removalists at our command, we are always on time.

Certified
When you need local removals, you want people who have all the necessary training and certifications – and that goes beyond simply training workers how to lift with their legs and wrap up delicate goods. It also means being trained in the right way to treat people and the world we live in. CityMove is FemaleFriendly accredited because we think it’s important that our clients know we are reliable and trusted.

Everything Else
Local moving is stressful, and too many companies give you a removalist quote that includes just the bare bones. CityMove aims to be not just your local removalists of choice, we want to offer you a full spectrum of services you might not even know you need – until you need them. This includes house cleaning if you need it, packing or unpacking assistance, and utility connection. And because we understand that moves don’t always come about because of good news, we can help with move financing, too, if you need it.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah… sob.

In the last eight days I have sent two emails to you asking for enlightenment or at least an apology. You haven’t had the decency to reply of course. I have asked if you would at least give us back the bubblewrap you charged us then stole back. I know I know. Good luck with that one!

You are a pustule on the Furniture Removal business in Brisbane and I dearly hope that the Brisbane office is closed down or that somebody who has some spare money is able to sue CityMove Brisbane.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Thank you for your email and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your recent move with move. We do aim to reduce stress on moves and when this doesn’t happen we do take it seri... read more »

Interesting reply Customer Solutions. 1. We never did get the "partial refund", where did it go? 2. Neither did you return the $200 or so wrapping stuff you promised us. We could have used this i... read more »

FLINDERS VIEW. QLD.

Moved 1.2 Km From Raceview To Flinders View. 18/6/15

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

Shocking the truck had no ramp or electronic lift. They handed everything down to another guy from the truck and were extrememly slow. They had been notified before that I had extremely heavy furniture as was solid timber. Overcharged and also stole items from the move. I have emailed them and still waiting for their reply. I am very angry and definitely not happy with their service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Joy, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your move in June. Whilst we do aim to reply to any notifications of complaints within 48 hours, unf... read more »

You are incorrect as they told me that they don't like to use the ramp it was quicker lifting the items on and off the truck. I asked them. My daughter and I were shocked that is why we asked. I... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

1 Star. Won't use it again. Strongly not recommended.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2015

I give Citymove 1 start. I would rank it even lower if there was 0 star or -1 star. I would never use Citymove again, would not recommend it to anyone and would suggest you think twice if you want to use it.

A few weeks back, I came to this website to look for a removal service. I found Citymove had far more reviews than others and ranking was good.

2 weeks ago, Citymove came by to move for me. It was a 2 bed room townhouse (2 adults and 1 child) to drop off place 11 KM away. Everything was ready to load. They didn't pack.

Below is my experience.
A) High cost. Don't just look at the rate. Think about the total cost.

The cost was $705.13. Below is breakdown.
Total minutes (including driving from pick up place to drop off place) 230 minutes: $437 = 230 * 1.9
Total KM 11: $20.9 = 11 * 1.9
Bubble wrap: $78
Shrink wrap: $80

In Total $615.90
Card fee: $9.23
Cash for the 3rd mover: $80 (No receipt) (See B for details)

All Paid: $705.13

B) Citymove underestimated the load and man power (to lock me in?). They added people at the last minute and didn't move all.
Citymove quoted me for 2 men and 4T truck. I asked a few times if this is enough and also sent through my inventory list. Citymove insisted it was all good.
About 1:30pm that day (I booked arrival time 11-2pm). The driver called me saying a 3rd mover was needed. The cost was $20 per hour. I had no choice and agreed.
They arrived around 2:10pm with a 4T truck but eventually they found they could not load all. End of the day, I moved remaining stuff with 4 journeys using my own car.
They asked for cash for the 3rd people and didn't give me receipt for it.

C) They double charged.
See above cost breakdown. You will find they charged for both time (as part of 230 minutes) and distance (11 km).

D) They leave a cost hole with materials.
They tell you rate for wrap but they don't indicate how much cost it will occur to a washing machine, a dishwasher or a mattress.
They don't list standard of wrapping. Neither they give you option to do it yourself.
All they say is if driver feels needed, they will wrap. This is a big hole to your budget control. They control your budget instead of you and you have no way to tell if they use wrap too much. In my case, wrap cost is $158, about 25% of total cost.

E) Customer Service just defends themselves and don't consider customer.
I lodged my complaint on 23 Mar, and got response on 27 Mar saying the electronic photos of his documentation was wiped off in the system then on 30 Mar generally justifying everything for themselves.

This is a terrible experience. I would never return for Citymove service and I would never recommend it to anyone.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi W.N, Thank you for your feedback and again, sincere apologies your expectations were not met on this move. As discussed, the third man on this job was working in the morning on a 3 man job, and... read more »

Hi CS, It's exactly as what I said you are only defending and justifying for yourselves. What I read from your above reply is you hope Your Customer Undestand You however not the other way. Then y... read more »

Shocking first impression

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

I asked them to come round and tell me what size truck I would need for a 3 bed interstate move. They didn't turn up in the four hour window I sat at home waiting and of course no-one answered the phone as it was the weekend. One hour after I left home they called to say they would be round in 20 mins so I came back. They sent round a nice enough young kid, who had zero experience in removals (he was a web designer looking for extra income) who took lots of pictures and said he would pass them back for the office. A few days later they called and first question was what size truck did the other companies say you needed! Absolutely shocking and a complete waste of my time. Clearly I wouldn't be going anywhere near them ever again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Sean, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies you expectations were not met when we sent one of our guys around to quote on your move. Unfortunately the driver we had flagged for this ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Inexperienced movers, damaged our fridge and refused to pay the damage!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2015

The movers were quite inexperienced in moving! They damaged our side by side fridge and then refused to cover the damage! They didn't tell us clearly that we had to pay extra for the insurance! They just said that they have "Removal Insurance which gives you piece of mind" to cover the damages in loading or unloading. After this damage we found out that we had to pay extra for insurance. This is so unfair!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Bahman, Sincere apologies your expectations have not been met on your recent move with Citymove. As discussed all the information on our insurance policies is covered in the recorded message... read more »

That is why I am saying you tried to hide the extra costs for the insurance. You didn't tell me clearly about the extra costs. You just said go to the website for more info: "We are licensed broker... read more »

Sydney, NSW

• 5 helpful votes

Shocked!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2015

I booked City Move to do my move 3 months from my move date. I stated very clearly that I would need the movers for the whole day and I was willing to pay the full costs - even the waiting time. I had to vacate my current place by 12noon and I could only move into the new place at 2pm. I was assured - TWICE - that this would be no problem at all. I phoned them again a few weeks away from the move to confirm everything and again I was assured all was good.
I then phoned them 3 days from the move to confirm yet again and I was told that this was NOT possible as they had another moving job in the afternoon so they would have to CANCEL my move! 3 days out from my move! I was totally shocked! Now what? I now had to get a new removalist and quickly! This level of service from City Move is unacceptable. They left me in the lurch with very few options. They didn't even care when I explained the situation and in fact were quite rude and they hung up on me! Stay away from this mob, all they care about it making as much money as possible and they couldn't give a damn about the customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies so much stress was caused in the days leading up to your move date. I understand that an error had been made on your booking as the orig... read more »

Hello, thanks for your feedback, and yes the operator did hang up. I was surprised. No goodbye, nothing. I think you should listen to all the calls I made and you will find that I have made an h... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Poor service - DON'T use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2015

I used cheaper storage for several months and the decided to use their services for moving, well what a mistake that was!

Firstly they were meant to deliver my storage, which I had paid for 1 month in advance only for me to be notified the day before delivery there was an issue (flat tire) with our storage unit and city move had to move our belongings into another truck before delivering and unpacking our items for us.

Upon delivery we instantly came to find that we were missing our marble table and contacted city move immediately who claimed there was nothing left in the truck. Upon prompting them further to check if there any items missed whilst moving our goods between trucks we were notified that they had found our marble table and would bring directly to us. Upon arrival (20 minutes from our initial phone call) the removalists arrived with our marble table top in five different pieces, funny how the only missing item happened to be the only item damaged. These removalist damaged my marble table beyond repair and had no intention to deliver it until I had prompted them. This is an appalling service and I have taken my concerns to ACCC. A word to the wise avoid using this companies services cheaper storage and city move.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Helen, Firstly I am so sorry that the experience you had with us was less than satisfactory. You had a booked a DIY storage service with us and unfortunately it is correct that the ute used to... read more »

• 4 comments
Private message

Awful movers, awful service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2015

Don't touch CityMove with a 10 foot pole. Damaged some of our furniture during our move (the goods didn't even make it onto the truck before they were damaged!) and despite 2 months of emails back and forth (as the 'customer relations manager' refuses to speak to us on the phone), we are no closer to getting fair compensation. [Name Removed] admitted liability on the day and he was willing to negotiate until he found out we had called CityMove to find out the procedure for damaged furniture... Then he wiped his hands clean of it saying we'd get a 'better deal' through CityMove directly. Atrocious movers who were negligent and their customer service from [Name Removed] is non existent. Tip... If things are damaged during your move, don't pay. It's the only recourse you'll have with this sham of a company.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi MaliMoo, I am disappointed that you feel our customer service is non-existent. We responded to your claim regarding your scratched bed frame within days of your move and made an ex-gratia offer... read more »

A $375 new bed is not the same as a $1300 new bed. Just because the bed is the same colour and has the same storage, does not make it equal in quality. The offer of $600 from CityMove involved tak... read more »

Queanbeyan

Rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2014

This company estimated the move would take around 4 hours with 4 men and two trucks based on the price given per hour the cost would have been around $800 with a maximum of $1000. The final cost of the move was over $1800.00. We had a removalist on site that was incapacitated and could hardly walk. The move continued until after 9pm and still had not finished. We were told they would come back the next day to finish the job. we refused to pay the total amount as we felt They had misled us and not performed the job adequately and fast, fit and efficient as their slogan states. They arrived after 1pm the next day and refused to take the rest of our goods until we paid the account in full even though we were told by the team leader the night before that we were within our rights to dispute it in this manner. Our dining table, coffee table and fridge were all scratched during the move. We felt the company misled us in their estimation of costs and we should have had the option to have a fixed price quote. We were held to ransom with them refusing to complete the job until they were paid in full. I would never recommend this company due to their misleading and bullying tactics.

Perth

Private message

Worst Moving Experience I have had!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2014

I shopped around for quotes and in the end it came down to two. One guy came to visit my house and recommended a large truck and said for 2 men it would take 6-7 hours. (He also quoted 4-5 hours for wrapping and packing and was spot on at 4 1/2 hours). Citymove recommended 4 men and 2 trucks, which was more expensive, but I thought that would be the better option as it should take less time with 4 instead of 2. How wrong I was! Both trucks were late, one guy had a Citymove t-shirt and that was it. They took 7 1/2 hours and didn't even fit every thing in. I was vaguely told about the bubble wrap and even though I asked for something to not be wrapped, they still wrapped them and charged me. They didn't make a list of how many things they wrapped, it was only after when I calculated it that I realised they had over charged me. So much damaged was caused to both houses and so much furniture.

Some things I noticed before they left and they haggled with and knocked $150 of the price (which was close to $2k). It was only when my husband came home that the extent of the damage and the cover ups were realised. They even used parcel tape of wooden furniture, which has permanently damaged my bed, bed side table and our bar - what srt of cowboys use parcel tape??? They also didn't show any paperwork until the very end and most was ineligible. I later found out that they faked my signature of the checklist documentation which I wasn't even shown!!
We were offered a 'good will' $610 refund - this no where near covers the amount of damaged caused, but we just wanted this awful experience to be over, so we stupidly accepted. We are aware that we could have taken the issue further, especially with the fraud.
I have moved numerous times and we are moving again in 6 months - but I will never consider Citymove again!

+ Professional booking team

- The worst, inexperienced removalist team ever

• 1 answer
  • 19 helpful votes

Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Got ripped off big time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2014

Received a quote from them over the phone, the item was subsequently picked up and moved to Melbourne when it arrived in Melbourne I was asked to pay an additional hundreds of dollars before it can be delivered to our premise as apparently it took up more space then was original quoted for. At no stage were we told that it would cost more until it was too late for us. At the higher cost we would have just disposed of the item rather then have it shipped to Melbourne. Needless to say, they were happy to pick it up at the agreed lower price. They did not return our calls and when we finally spoke to the correct people they were very rude. Essentially holding us for ransom for misquoting. Threatening us with legal actions and all sort of fees for storage etc. As a result we had to get our solicitor involved which subsequently made them agree to a very small partially reduction.

+ Making me aware that there are better, honest and reliable firms out there that I should be using!

- Misquotation, terrible service, being held for ransom, threatened with legal actions.

1 of 4 pages