Filter By:
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Morningside

Very expensive and the removalist trucks were too small for the job

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

We used Citymove to move our 4 bedroom house furniture across Brisbane and it proved very expensive. I used their inventory calculator to estimate the cubic metres and I made sure I added extra boxes so that I'd get a suitable size truck/s for the move. After I filled in the inventory calculator I received a call from one of their staff saying that their truck could just fit in all of household items. Therefore to make sure all our household items fitted in easily I asked for 2 trucks and four removalists so that the move would be quicker and there would be ample room in the trucks.

On the day the removalsit trucks turned up I was sceptical that all our items would fit in the trucks because they were the smallest trucks I have seen being used for removals, on my estimate they were around 3 tonne trucks. At this stage it was too late to do anything and I hoped I was wrong and Citymove had calculated right. Well I was right the two trucks couldn't fit in all our items and so one truck had to return to the house after they unloaded the first load. As stated earlier I had asked for two trucks so all our items would fit in easily.

I did ring the company after the move and lodge a complaint that I had over compensated on our items so they would fit in the truck/trucks easily and this would make the job quicker and stop our furniture being squashed in so there should have been ample room to take all our furniture. I have not heard back from them after they promised me they would contact me within 2 weeks. Because Citymove did not supply the correct size trucks the move proved very expensive because one had to make a return trip.

I will definitely be looking at other companies for my next move.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I greatly apologize if your expetation with Citymove and the move we did or you was not met. In order for me to assist you further, may I please have your First and last name as well as ... read more »

Hi Citymove, I have contacted you twice now, by phone in September and a good month before I posted this review. It has frustrated me that on both occasions I have been ignored and I consider the t... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Incompetent and careless with belongings.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2016

Moved a small storage unit, 5 cubic metres.
Interstate move, Melbourne to Sydney.
Booked an interstate move, insisted on the date being the 31st or 1st of Feb as i'd be in Melbourne anyway.
I received a confirmation call confirming pickup for Monday (No date mentioned just the day).
The Saturday before (the 24th) I got a call from the driver saying he was on his way much to my surprise. Obviously I was not in Melbourne.
I called City Move and they said they would reschedule the move but would need to check the phone recording. I heard noth
ing so was worried, called them, they couldn't find the call recording so they booked the move, no extra charge.
The Friday before the move I received no confirmation call or email, had to call them. Initially I was told that my move was now on Friday, which of course I was annoyed about, but once I spoke to the operation manager, she confirmed it was for Monday and gave me a pickup window of 4 hours and the same for the next day delivery.
On the day of the move I didn't get a call from the driver and rang them again to confirm they were coming.
The driver turned up a few minutes later, luckily I called as I would have been unprepared for arrival.
I had all my good stacked ready for pickup, the driver said I had more than 5 cubic metres. This was baffling to me as my storage unit was 1.5 X 1.5 stacked 1.5m high.
The driver said he would take the boxes and not my furniture and started loading the truck.
I got my tape measure out and measured the stuff and came up with 5.22 cubic metres which i told the driver and he ignored.
He called his manager who could not help me and suggested I book again next week. I told her it was 5.22 cubic metres, no comment.
I watched them load the truck and noticed the minimal moving blankets and minimal ties. The two items of furniture they took was not wrapped in blankets.
The next day, I received a call from the driver saying they were 45 minutes away. The unload was straight forward, however my plastic tubs were broken and the two items of furniture were badly scuffed and dinged. My timber chest was treated as another box on unload.
Overall, I gave City Move every opportunity to do a good job, but they let themselves down on many occasions in the office and with the move itself. City Move offers a cheap backload service, so if you have only boxes and no furniture this would be a good option. Otherwise seek service elsewhere.

Melbourne

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2015

It took the gentlemen from Citymove 5hrs to complete my move yesterday. The drive was under 2kms and it was only a two bedroom apartment. Really disappointed. I still can not fathom why it took them so long. it ended up costing me $675.. Unbelievable considering we left behind all the big items including: fridge, washing machine, and both beds.

Verified Customer

Make sure your stuff is well boxed.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2015

We had 2 guys moving our 2 bedroom house. Friendly people, but not the most efficient at stacking things. Some of the plastic boxes had broken lids. They placed a wooden table on its side in the street. In hind sight, I wish I had secured all my belongings myself, and not relied on their common sense on how to handle and store goods. Prepare well and you should be fine.

• 1 helpful vote

Never again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2015

They took 6 hours to move a one bedroom unit one very short street away (under 500m) and charged $790. Everything was packed, they didn't have to disassemble or assemble any furniture, and they had sole access to the lifts on either end, there were no tricky things to move. The two men strolled, had no sense of urgency, took ages loading and unloading the truck, kept making excuses when I asked why it was taking so long. Previous three moves (same amount of furniture, more complex access issues, further distances) took half the time and cost half the price. I made a formal complaint and the two people who dealt with the complaint were very professional and responded promptly, although I only received a good faith refund of $80.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi CEA, Thank your for your feedback, and we do apologize we were not able to offer a further refund than $80. As discussed 21 cubic meters is a full load, which can take additional time fitting p... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Very expensive...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2015

We have a 4bedroom house, booked 2trucks and 4men. It took them 6hrs to load/unload the truck. The move itself costed me $1000 and then $900 for bubble wrap and cling wrap which they used unnecessary almost on everything. The bubble wrap costed $3 a metre and it was old used once. Also no proof of how they measured it. My neighbour even came over and couldn't believe how slow they were packing the truck. I will not use them again. Friendly staff though. Rate sounds good but you get caught with the wrap...watch out.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Corlie, Thank your for your feedback and sincere apologies your expectations have not been met on your recent move. I have searched your name, and found a client in Perth with your first name.... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Disappointing experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2014

After reading so many raving reviews and receiving a recommendation from friends, we decided to book Citymove even though they were a little dearer than others. The customer service centre were fantastic and very professional. Our removalists arrived on time, however spoke little English. There were 2 removalists, however only 1 man was doing most of the work. I was standing by the truck during the whole move and to my horror witnessed a stack of boxes topple to the floor and be damaged. Our set of drawers also fell to the road and one drawer completely smashed on the road, one of the removalist shrugged off the incident as if nothing had happened. The removalists took little care of our goods and seemed like they were in a rush. When confronted at the end, the removalist who did the least work blamed us for the damage and told us that we should have taken up their insurance instead of accepting responsibility. Weeks on from the move we have also noticed damage to our shelves and expensive coffee table. A highly disappointing experience and we would advise strong caution to others if booking Citymove removalists. I also placed a review on Citymove's website a few weeks ago but it was never published. Now I am sceptical over their positive reviews on their website.

+ Excellent customer service at contact centre, removalists arrived on time

- Dodgey and unprofessional removalists, damaged our belongings

Not recomend

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2013

I bought 40 boxes at $190, but they bring some used boxes.
My fridge was damaged with gas running noise.
The fridge does not work any more.
My big furniture scratched, also walls.
A guy drop my oil heater.
Every thing got messy.
I am not happy after this moving.

+ Enegic

- Careless work

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi "SS", Sincere apologies your move did not go as well as expected. Please send an email through to [email protected] with your details and photos of the damages so we can discuss this with the drivers and address your damages.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

No Show

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2013

I've used Citymove before and it was fine. I've booked again for today 2.30 - 5.30pm slot and nothing. It is now after 7pm. I've called twice but couldn't get through so have left two messages. I am single and doing this on my own which is why I'm relying in Citymove. I don't mind people being late if there are genuine reasons, it happens, but I've had no communication at all. I'm concerned whether they are going to turn up at all and concerned about how I am supposed to move my flat by myself but tomorrow evening. Very poor form.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Michelle, thank you for contacting us. Sincere apologies on this unfortunate situation, however I am glad to hear your move went smoothly on Sunday. As your move had not been confirmed, and we ... read more »

Brisbane, QLD

• 1 answer
  • 15 helpful votes
Private message

Good per minute pricing however sting you with expensive extras!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2012

+ Good per minute pricing

- Expensive extras not clearly declared in advertised pricing, slow workers constantly fooling around and on phone/texting

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to [email protected] with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?