Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Great service, good staff.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2015

We were moving a large 2 bedroom unit with study, large outdoor courtyard and storage cage approximately 30km requiring a 10T truck. The 10T truck broke down prior to the moving day so customer service contacted me and notified me it would be replaced with 2 x 4T trucks for the same price. The guys text me in the morning to tell me they were on their way. The 3 guys I had (Ivan, Vinicius & Zuo) could not have been better. They were very positive guys that were happy to do whatever was asked of them...no object was too heavy or too difficult for them to move safely. They were unbelievably hard working and barely stopped to take a breath during the 5 hours of our move. Even when they were rushing off to the next job, they were happy to stay back and ensure everything was exactly where we wanted it. The only negative I would have is that the cost of plastic wrapping and bubble wrapping is excessive in my opinion ($198 for 9 items).

Great Service; Hard working removalists

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

We moved a 2 bedroom apartment a short distance, about 30 mins drive. We were contacted before the 2 removalists arrived, they gave an ETA - arrived slightly later than expected but not really a problem as they were still within expected window. They reviewed what was needed to be moved and set about doing it carefully, considerately and efficiently. Fragile items were packed/ shrink wrapped/ covered to protect them. Paperwork was explained and completed during the day.
The entire move took approx 5 hours (1 trip) which considering the amount the guys moved was impressive. They worked hard and really efficiently, to make the process of moving much less stressful. I would recommend due to my positive experience.

Verified Customer

On time, careful and efficient.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

This is my third move with Citymove and I am still impressed. I moved from a 2 story apartment with very steep and narrow stairs. They turned up on time, with a warning phone call 30 minutes before. While they could have moved a little faster, I appreciated that they were careful with everything. It all went very smoothly.

Brisbane City Move - Good service and will use again

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

Straight forward booking. As I was wanting to pay by EFTPOS (not credit card), I had to make a $50 cash deposit into Citymove's bank account and provide proof of payment to secure the booking, which was a little annoying.

The two movers arrived precisely on time, conducted themselves professionally and efficiently, were courteous, did not pressure me to purchase packing materials, and (most importantly) took care whilst moving my furniture so that nothing was damaged. I would have liked to see the movers remove their shoes when going in and out of the destination address (the outside ground was wet as my move was first thing in the morning, and the place had new light carpet). Otherwise, everything went well.

Good service and will be using them for my next move. NIce guys!

Verified Customer

Move was relatively stress free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2015

The men were on time, friendly and obliging. Worked quickly and efficiently and gave advice on packing where needed. The move was nearly an hour and a half away to new location but they got there in good time and quickly unloaded, without mishap, putting furniture etc, where requested. I would recommend this company.

Perth, Western Australia

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Apartment move to another apartment 2 blocks away

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2015

Was moving from a 2 bedroom apartment with a lift to another apartment 2 blocks down with a lift as well, the entire move took slightly more than 5 hours.
The two movers arrived in their truck roughly 10 mins before the stated 7.30 am start, explained the paperwork and off they went.
Happy with the service provided, would use again if need be in the future.

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Excellent Service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2015

The boys took great care with our belongings and were very friendly. It made our lives a whole lot easier and we would recommend your services again. Thank you!

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Great move no complaints!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2015

The movers arrived before time ( after arranging it with me) . They seemed unhurried but they were very efficient. The move went exactly as planned. Charges were also exactly as they quoted. Overall a great move and would highly recommend them.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

Fast, professional service. Very helpful friendly staff. Slightly expensive but would use again, and would happily recommend them.
Thank you.

Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Cheap, efficient and friendly!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2014

I used Citymove to move from Canberra to Sydney and they were fantastic. They turned up on time, were really friendly and moved everything out very quickly. They were organised and took care to tick each item off at both pick up and delivery.

They were also the cheapest by far!

Good job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2014

Easy to book and the people who answered the phone were effective. The movers arrived on time, they were polite and had the job done quickly. They just caused a little damage but it was sorted out by taking an adequately amount off the final bill.

Sydney, Australia

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Efficient and good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2014

The booking process was very easy and the people that answered the phones were very efficient and helpful. The removalists were efficient and careful. They had bubble wraps and wrapping materials to ensure that my mattresses, tv, etc. were protected during the move. I also like that they charge by the minute and km's, I ended up paying a lot less than my friend that moved 2 weeks ago using another company.

Recent move

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Guys were punctual and helpful. They assisted in moving a very large couch that is difficult in getting in and out of house doorways. They explained everything well upfront; I would recommend to others. There was no damage to the house or any of the stuff moved, which is always a positive.

+ Punctual and helpful

- Maybe took a little longer than I thought but it was a lot o stuff to fit in one truck

Thorough and Speedy Move!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2014

I used Citymove to move my household belongings to a suburb about 25 minutes away, it was raining, and the two removalist's worked very fast and handled all of my belongings carefully. It only took 2:15 to move everything to the new place, and the price was very cheap. I would highly recommend using Citymove if you want a fast professional move...r

+ inexpensive, and efficient

- 40 mins late.

Speedy move

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2014

These guys were grate and moved at a very fast pace even though they charge by the minute like. They did arrive over two hours late but they kept me informed on how fare away they would be . Also the staff were very friendly and willing to stay and help with any extras as they finished before the 90 minute minimum time for charge

+ Speed

- They were over 2 hours late but kept I'm informed

No probs!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2014

Kazim and Jacub did a great job: efficient, careful and friendly. Turned up on time, clearly explained everything, and coordinated well with my 'slave labour' friends. Everything arrived undamaged, and was unloaded to where we wanted it. Have used Citymove several times now, and would recommend them to friends and family.

+ efficient, careful, friendly

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 comment
Private message

Didn't have to lift a finger.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2014

This was the best move we have ever had. Four guys, two trucks. All four were polite and efficient. I will use them again. It was nice that they kept in contact with me before the day and we were notified of an earlier time slot if we wanted it. Very happy.

+ They were organised, no messing around. Everything was well packed.

- Cost a bit more than we expexted. we didn't realize how much stuff we had.

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2014

It was great value for money - the guys showed up on time and explained things. They took care of more delicate items and did hte job in very good time so it reduced costs in the end which and this was on a Sunday where a lot of other companies quoted far more.

- Was some double up of information at start - my list of itmes were requested by person in office/in email/ and by driver - felt could have been better communication of this at their end, but was happy with end result.

Great experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2014

Fast and efficient. Nothing broken. Friendly movers, professional. Middle of the range quote but you get what you pay for. Great customer service. Happy to go through specific moving requirements and communicates this to movers. Overall I highly recommend them and would use them again for my next move of house.

Citymove movers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

Smooth move. Punctual & Polite. Would recommend to others. The guys arrive 5 minutes before scheduled time, explained all the terms etc. The move was a tricky one as we were vacating from a high-rise, requiring long trips to the van below. None os this waa an issue for Citymove

+ Reliable, punctual

1 of 3 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to [email protected] with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?