Filter By:

SYDNEY

• 3 helpful votes

Fabulous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

Our removalist, [name removed] was fantastic, fast, efficient and on time. They were helpful in doing two moves for me on one day. I have since referred them to a number of people I know, and really appreciate their cost per minute/km charging as I knew they completed the job as fast as they could.

+ fast, on time and friendly

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Great service from Citymove.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2015

We used Citymove to move house today and can't recommend them highly enough. Gilmar and Phillipe were professional, very hard working and great to deal with. Five out of five for the guys' work. Will definitely be using Citymove again I the future!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Great moving experience last week

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2015

These guys were fantastic. Came in with very short notice to pack my things up on the Wednesday and move Friday morning. They were all done by lunch including dropping a few things on the way to another address and moved other furniture around at new address. All fragile items bubble wrapped then blankets then shrink wrapped.
Still not sure how they did it so quick. Would have taken me a week to do what they did in 6 hours.
Gary F

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Excellent Service. Will Use Every Time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2015

I moved house from Randwick to Waterloo on 14th August this year, and having never used a removalist before I can honestly say I won't be moving without CityMove again! They turned up on time, had everything into the van really quickly, were so lovely to deal with (honestly fantastic customer service!) and dispite being slightly concerned if anything may get damaged in the van I had no issues what so ever. The usually massive job of moving house was done without any fuss within a couple of hours.

I was actually a little delaying in getting a
few things organised that day and needed to get an spanner on the way home to finish taking my bed down but the tool I picked up didn't work. I'm not great at DIY, and wasn't sure what I needed so the lead removalist Cleber even came to Bunnings with me, helped me with what I needed and was kind enough to take the bed down within a couple of minutes. He was really great to deal with, was so helpful and really went over and beyond to help me out when I was stressing about getting my bed down.

I've heard before that removalists can take ages to get the job done and end up costing a fortune but this simply wasn't the case with CityMove. They had everything packed in the van (including coming to bunnings and taking my bed down), got me to Waterloo and had all my things in the new place within 2 hours almost exactly.
There is no way that I could have moved all the stuff I had, within that space of time, and with that much ease without having CityMove, Cleber and his colleague, there to help me do this.
I had really heavy furniture and 3 or 4 (I can't even remember now) flights of stairs to get up and down. Asking friends to help move is always a massive inconvenience for them, and then trying to get hold of a van to move things is a nightmare. For anyone who wants to move I would highly recommend speaking to CityMove first, it was a really great price - less than half of what I thought it might be - and was so easy to book and I had nothing to worry about. It made the whole moving process so much easier.

In addition to all of this, they are also running a promotion at the moment on 2DayFM, and I was able to pick up boxes to use free of charge which was another massive help and saved time and money having to go any buy new ones to use. I can just drop them back when I'm done with them so I don't have to worry about shifting all the cardboard after either.
A massive thanks to Cleber, his colleague and to CityMove for the fantastic service, I will be recommending you to all my friends and family and will not be moving without you again.

SYDNEY

Awesome and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2012

friendly blokes, bubble wrapped everything and no damage at all to furniture or property. They asked us questions on most things and it ended up cheaper than i expected. i will definitely use them again and recommend to friends and family. they did not stop all day and set up the furniture that i asked for.

+ friendly, honest and efficient

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Malaga

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Best guys we ever had , great care taken, nothing too hard, went beyond the call of duty, Carefully explained everything and move done with extreme care. I can't say enough good things, I ha e have had to move house a number of times , never before received such excellent service. Whatever you are paying these guys you need to double, no way you want to lose them!!

Perfect!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We moved hospital furniture from a warehouse in Minchinbury to another warehouse in Milperra.
All went on time. The boys easy going, professional & efficient.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

House arrived exactly on time very careful and polite. We were weary happy and will use you again. Thank you

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

The movers were so careful with our belongings

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

We moved out of our two bedroom apartment. Vinny and Ali both so professional. They were careful with our belongings. They looked after every aspect of the move. I'll be recommending them to my friends.

Fast & Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

3 Bedroom move within Manly. Great team, lovely, friendly, efficient guys. Did a wonderful job and were very careful & respectful of our stuff. Arrived on time & worked hard. Can highly recommend using City Move!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, St Kilda (Barkly St)

Great guys and very obliging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Move was a 3 bedroom townhouse. Lot of expensive furniture. The boys took great care overall. Only one thing to remember, when putting the washing machine and dryer in need to switch them on!!!!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Brunswick

They have always been so helpful and good to me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I just had an apartment to move but 2x locations for pick up (as some things in storage).
This is the 2nd time I have had Vinnie and Victor move me and they have always taken care with my things and they make it fun too.
(I enjoy riding in the truck with them to the location).

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Hamilton

Quick smooth and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

3 bedrooms apartment move from the second floor to a low set house.
The apartment entry and egress is particularly difficult
The guys made quick work of it and took great care of our belonging

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

On time and quick movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Small one bedroom apartment moved within suburb. Quick and professional job. Arrived right on time too. Very happy with the service and price.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

The smoothest and best move ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

I recently moved from a 3 bedroom house that I have been residing in for over four years and had collected lots of stuff. The entire experience from booking and moving was a smooth and seamless experience. All our items were cared for and moved without damage and fuss. A very rare thing in this industry. I could not recommend this company enough. Thank you and well done!

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Moved me twice, will use them again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

We have moved twice, once on the wettest day Sydney has had in 20 years with no complaints from the team at all. in fact it they still did it quicker than what the estimated time. THANKS CM

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Fast & Trustworthy - B2B moves - Highly Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Our fit out & property services company use Citymove at least once per month to relocate our clients from one office to another. Our clients are always happy with their moving experience. Citymove call center staff are incredibly professional - Ariana is just fantastic! Citymove always go above and beyond - clean, reliable, knowledgeable and they can pack and store goods also. It is the moving company we can trust with our clients and customers.
Marta - RPS Project Services www.rpsproject.com.au

Punctual, efficient and considerate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Single bedroom apartment with select large items, e.g bedding, bedframe, fridge, washing machine, chest of drawers and 8 boxes of personal items. Moved to storage unit within same suburb. Finished just over and hour and within the minimum 2 hours. Shout out to Gabriel and Antonio for their great work and professionalism. They were very considerate, efficient and accommodating to requests.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

I recently moved apartments within NSW (I simply moved a couple of suburbs away)

I had a bad pre-move experience with Six Brothers Removalists. I made a booking then ordered removal boxes from them. The day before they were supposed to be delivered, they phoned to say they can't deliver them and if I could stay at home on another day. Then they didn't show up at the agreed second delivery time either. I then cancelled the booking as I didn't trust them. Thankfully they refunded my money within a few hours. After looking at the reviews on thi
s site for six brothers, I should never have booked them in the first place.

I then trawled this site to see which removalist had the best reviews and citymove seemed to have great feedback. I decided to go ahead and book (this was on a Thursday and I was moving on that very same Saturday, i.e a few days later).

From the minute I called, the lady on the phone was very professional and it seems that their systems and processes were rock solid. I asked the lady if it was possible to deliver boxes so close to the moving date. She said she would check with the courier but told me there shouldn't be a problem and would call me back. I then put the phone down after having made the booking. She called back very quickly and told me the boxes could be delivered when I had requested (which they did).

On the day of the move, a big truck with two guys showed up and they just handled everything flawlessly. The quality of the vehicle and the uniformed staff gave me a lot of confidence. Aside from moving all of my things very carefully, they bubble wrapped the fridge and washing machine and were extra careful with those. The two removalists were very helpful and friendly.

After around 5-6 hours, I paid the final bill using their iPhone app and it was all done flawlessly.

The communication over the phone and email from this company was first class. You feel as though you have a personal account manager for your move from start to end and that you're the only one moving house that day.

I would definitely use this company again. Excellent customer service and once you book them you have nothing to worry about. Even if you're able to find companies that may be a little cheaper, after my experience with Six brothers, saving a few hundred dollars isn't worth it.

Highly recommended!

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Malaga

The best removalist I have had so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2016

Amazing removalist in Perth..
I dont know what else I could ask to the guys.
The leader explained every single item I wanted to know, also they wrapped the items I requested.
They didnt damage any of my items and they took care of my walls and floor as I have never seen.
I will def recommend to all my friends and family.

1 of 15 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to [email protected] with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?