Filter By:
  • 2 comments
  • 7 helpful votes

Racist, aggressive unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2012

They ripped my sofa and dented my fridge. Denied the latter, even though we had an insurance policy with them. Became aggressive, slammed glass doors ('it's only a door), left packing materials around the house and in our bins, picked up a 3-seater sofa by one leg which then came off, and started saying horrid things. They were late and hopeless! Management goes by their word. Disgusting!!

- Aggressive, refused to pay for damage

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Thank you for the first apology I've received in this regard. I have been liaising with a 'director' for a good few weeks. He believes the movers denial of damaging my fridge (they have fabricated ... read more »

Citymove Removals Official

Citymove No depot fees No rounding up No Gst. Fast fit men 10,000 move per year 200 clients a week. Move is a high risk and high emotion we do our best to help solve issue that may arise. We are... read more »

Citymove has been provided with multiple photo's of the dent in the fridge. The fridge is black and they keep asking for brighter photos.... Am I expected to bleach my fridge???? The magnet they ar... read more »

• 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Awful experience - stay away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2016

I have no idea how there are positive reviews for this company. Our experience was horrendous. All our furniture was damaged (yes, every single piece has dents/scratches). The only things that survived the trip intact were the boxes we packed ourselves. The removalists had nowhere near enough blankets to protect our furniture (despite me providing a detailed list of what we needed moved) and their furniture trolley was broken. When we pointed out the damage, the removalists shrugged - that was it! I asked to speak to their manager, who politely responded with "things happens" and told me that the two men would not leave until they were paid in full. When I told him I simply wanted the account dealt with by head office (because as it turns out, the damage bill to our furniture is more than the cost of the move), he said they would stay in my house all night unless I gave them my credit card details (which they were also offering no receipt for). After 2 hours of this back and forward, I called the police - who removed the two men for trespassing. Head office have been just as bad to deal with since, with Victoria (who apparently works in "customer solutions") telling me that unless the removalists were physically threatening me, they had every right to stay in my house all night. It seems that Qld police don't share Victoria's view. In addition, to claim damages for their movers negligence, you need to show proof of purchase for all your furniture. Funnily enough we didn't have a tax invoice for the table we've owned for 10 years (which was still a beautiful piece of furniture that was undamaged until we hired citymove). From the reviews on here, citymove obviously has some good removalists but why risk getting the movers we did and having to deal with the shocking service provided by head office. They are meant to be an accredited company who provide "experienced professionals" and yet, one of our removalists openly admitted it was the second time he'd ever moved furniture. We're now having to apply to small claims court for damages and submit a complaint to Fair Trading Australia - the whole thing has been a nightmare and not something I would want anyone else to experience.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Unprofessional and unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2012

We booked a slot with Citymove yesterday between 2.30-5.30pm. At 5pm nobody had turned up so we decided to call to find out if everything was OK but couldn't get through. We left a message and at 5.30pm still nobody had turned up or returned our call.

We called again and this time we got a message saying the office was closed! We left another message and also sent them an email. Finally at 6pm somebody called and said their driver would get to us by 7pm. At 7.20pm the driver called us and told us that they were delayed and would get to us in another 2.5 hours!

As we had little choice we told him we would wait. at 10.30pm we got another call and the driver told us they were just finishing a job and would leave in 20mins and get to us at midnight! This was becoming a joke but was we had no option we told them that we would wait.

At 11.30pm the driver called me and this time he said that the workers were refusing to work as it was late but that we would call me at 6.30am in the morning and get another company to come to the move by 7am. This was the last time we heard from them. We put our trust in Citymove and they let us down badly. Absolutely terrible experience.

- Unprofessional, unreliable, dishonest

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Sydney, Nsw

Rip off service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2013

We were only moving to the block next door and had done all boxes. The only items left were furniture fridge, washing machine and BBQ. Unbeknown to me and without being advised they shrink wrapped everything adding an extra 130 on the bill. When queried at the end I was Informed
that they had cheap rates and this is how they make the money.

Because they wrapped everything the move took a good hour longer too. Why they just did not use blankets I do not know since they were only driving to the next block on the road. It would have been quicker to carry everything across. I feel like we were only a quick and easy job and so they for found a way to squeeze as much money out of us as possible. We have complained but are yet to receive a response. The guy even added an extra 4 dollars on the bill to call me. The only calls were 1 when he arrived and also when he locked himself out as did not take the keys I left for them. Do not use!!!!

- Hidden charges- they end up being very expensive removalists

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Dene514, Sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your recent relocation with Citymove. With respect to the wrapping charges, if any damage occur its usually going in and out of ... read more »

• 4 comments
Private message

Buyer beware - not worth the stress!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2012

Failed at the first hurdle. I ordered the Apartment Pack (of boxes) from Citymove through their 'free delivery" service. When the boxes arrived, they were in poor condition, but more importantly they did not match the apartment pack description - the sizes were all wrong. I know anyone can make mistakes, but the crucial thing is to rectify the problem. They suggested that I return the boxes to their depot for a refund, and in good faith I tried to get the boxes in my car - to no avail. I explained all this, only to be given 3 options by the director:

1. Return the boxes and receive a refund for everything in the same condition it was received in (how would they ascertain that?)
2. Citymove would pick the boxes up for $49 and then refund me for everything that is in the condition that it was delivered (again....)
3. Keep the boxes

Since then I have tried to reason and to work out a resolution but to no avail. The only options provided would leave me out of pocket (cost of pick up and delivery). Both the ACCC and NSW Fair Trade have confirmed that I should not be out of pocket for such an error on the company's behalf, but Citymove have refused to fix the problem accordingly.

The matter will now be referred to NSW Fair Trade, but if you're considering using Citymove, please think again. You may be lucky and everything may go smoothly but if there is an issue (and it happens) then do not expect a timely or reasonable outcome. The director refused to engage with me over the phone, and plastered his emails with confidentiality notices. I feel that their tactic here is to simply make it too difficult to follow a complaint through. Unfortunately, it's just not right and I'm glad I realised in time to cancel my removal job and look elsewhere.

Moving house is stressful enough. Why risk putting yourself in the hands of a company which had to be reprimanded just last year by the ACCC for unethical practices

Just steer clear. No company should have had to be told that this was the wrong thing to do - it simply speaks volumes.

- Completely redundant complaints process.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Citymove offer Student packs with 20 various size cartons / boxes 1 paper 1 tape with free delivery for $69 and $1 back on return as the cartons are recycled.

Thanks - but this is not at all relevant - in fact, is this an advertisement as a response to a complaint? It appears you have not read the details of my review which by the way, is symptomatic of ... read more »

Citymove Removals Official

citmove offer apartment packs with 40 various size cartons / boxes 3 paper 1 tape with free delivery for $153 and $1 back on return as the cartons are recycled.

CANBERRA

Private message

Citymove removalist that you must avoid at all cost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2012

Paid by the min but took them more than hour to move a one item off the door, no experience poor decision making.
Cost almost $250 to wrap an old plasma TV with bubble wrap. Lots of hidden chargers stay away from them if you can.

Invoice for the item didn’t even use to wrap the items.

+ Just on time

- In experience, hidden chargers, ripped off warpping cost

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I'm not the only one with identical issues, just google it, you will find few more complaints against them and they even fined by ACCC for fogging the customer feedbacks. Well good for you for havi... read more »

Disgustingly crooked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

Dear CityMove Brisbane

You completed our move from Tirrabella Street, Carina Heights, Brisbane, to 7 Bread Street, Mansfield, Brisbane, on Friday, 13th November 2015.

We booked a 10 ton truck to arrive at 10.30 on Friday. Your man [name removed] said he would send an email verifying it. He didn't send any email apart from the dollar saying our credit card was ok.

I specifically stated in my initial booking email that I did not want removalists in the afternoon because they would be tired. I even made a joke about it to underline my point.

We then discovered with your email a couple of days before our move that you were only going to send one 4 ton truck at anything up until 5 o’clock in the afternoon.

With a bit of arguing with the female manager we were then promised that we would have two 4 ton trucks at 10.30am

I can't begin to comprehend the lies and distortions coming from each and every phone call [name removed] made to your company from 10.30 am on the day of our move, ie "had a cancellation so truck will be there before 12.00". "We won't charge you for the time from Tirrabella to Bread Street." Which is exactly 1.4 km away.

The lies continued and one 4 ton truck eventually arrived at 13.43. I started my stop watch when they actually arrived. We told the driver that we had been promised two trucks and they were very late. The driver phoned your office and was told that another 4 ton truck was available and did we want to use it. What? Did we want to use it? Good grief. “No.. it’s ok we’re quite happy with the service we have had so far; just send the other truck home; everything is under control here.” Is the Brisbane CityMove real?

It was then I said to the driver and my wife that “we are being conned aren’t we?”. We should have cancelled the move then and there but at 2 o’clock on a Friday afternoon who you gonna call?

We quickly realised that the non English speaking youngster was either a complete bludger or something was wrong with him. An hour or so later they admitted that he had hurt himself on the previous move. The driver then helped.

At around 1600 hours they took off for the 1.4 km drive to our other house so I waited for the new crew to arrive.

Two hours later it was in disbelief that instead of another crew I watched the same crew backing into the driveway. We later discovered that those poor buggers had been working since 7.00 in the morning. Without a break! I wonder what the Health and Safety will have to say about that one?

Is it a head office dictum to use the hydraulic lift at all times even when the furniture could be lifted by a ten year old! Ie I watched the young non English speaking guy putting a cane chair on the lift, stepping on the lift then I didn't see him again for five minutes. My daughter said that she was told that he had hurt his back which was why he was so slow.

The men did seem to take a considerable amount of care with our furniture in the first half hour. I did wonder why it took nearly 5 minutes for every piece of furniture taken inside the truck but (on looking inside the truck) was calmed by the fact that the three of them were engrossed in a discussion which was obviously to do with the logistics with the perfect position in the truck.

It was quite a hot day so I decided to move my chair outside where I could see the back of the truck. The truck filled up much more rapidly afterwards so I am tremendously pleased that they had managed to work out the positioning before I got paranoiac!

At 68 years old I thought I was immune to con men. Bubble wrap at three dollars a metre? Not needed. We have our own. Wow. I take my hat off to CityMove. Driver said that insurance says that “we can't take the display cabinet without bubble wrap as it’s an insurance thing”.

Even although we had plenty of our own bubblewrap we were charged $120 for bubble wrap to wrap a glass display cabinet. We were charged another $60 for ordinary wrap to wrap a sideboard. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY UNWRAPPED IT ALL AT THE DESTINATION AND TOOK IT AWAY WITH THEM? $180 to hire wrap for an hour or so. Surely this is theft?

We decided that as the workers were obviously knackered (and as it was 8.30 at night) we didn’t have the heart to tell them to take the sideboard into our bedroom upstairs so told them to just leave it in the garage. Half an hour before paying I felt sorry for the men so I went out to the bottle shop and at 8.30pm bought each worker a large bottle of Mexican beer as it appears they were from Brazil.

The driver presented the cost to my wife at nine o’clock at night. She told him he had to be joking. He said that head office told him he couldn’t leave until he was paid. My 68 year old wife gave him her credit card. It didn’t go through. The driver said again he wouldn’t leave until he was paid. The standover tactics worked and reluctantly I gave him my credit card to pay the crooked bill.

It was now 9.30 at night and although I knew we had been screwed I honestly thought they had completed the move.

The following day I had to hire a van to bring the rest of the stuff from the starting house. Admittedly it only took 1 and a half hours but it cost me another $80 on top of the $835 we were charged to move our furniture 1.4km.

Six months ago we used Dawe2Door. They moved the same stuff from storage in Capalaba. Stopped on the way to pick up a heap of stuff from our house in Camp Hill then brought it to the rental in Carina Heights. They then went to Mt Gravatt and picked up a houseful of stuff from my daughter’s house to Carina Heights. They charged $900 in total which we actually thought was quite a lot.

This is the eleventh move we have made since we got married in Scotland. The fifth move we have used a professional moving company.

Your company CityMove turned our move into an absolute nightmare.

Price
At CityMove we know what it’s like to move house: Expensive. That’s why we’ve done our best to keep prices low. Unlike most local removalists, we don’t charge a base-to-base fee or a depot fee, and we charge by the minute, not the hour or even the half hour. That means you pay for the work we do, and nothing else.

Punctuality
It’s a simple enough concept: When you get a removalist quote you have to tell the company when you need to be out and when you need to be in. A lot of companies take those data points more as guidelines. At CityMove we know that on moving day your entire life centres on one thing: The local removalists showing up on time. If we’re late, everything falls apart. When it comes to local moving, we’ve got it covered: With more than 30 trucks in service and an army of fit, trained removalists at our command, we are always on time.

Certified
When you need local removals, you want people who have all the necessary training and certifications – and that goes beyond simply training workers how to lift with their legs and wrap up delicate goods. It also means being trained in the right way to treat people and the world we live in. CityMove is FemaleFriendly accredited because we think it’s important that our clients know we are reliable and trusted.

Everything Else
Local moving is stressful, and too many companies give you a removalist quote that includes just the bare bones. CityMove aims to be not just your local removalists of choice, we want to offer you a full spectrum of services you might not even know you need – until you need them. This includes house cleaning if you need it, packing or unpacking assistance, and utility connection. And because we understand that moves don’t always come about because of good news, we can help with move financing, too, if you need it.

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah… sob.

In the last eight days I have sent two emails to you asking for enlightenment or at least an apology. You haven’t had the decency to reply of course. I have asked if you would at least give us back the bubblewrap you charged us then stole back. I know I know. Good luck with that one!

You are a pustule on the Furniture Removal business in Brisbane and I dearly hope that the Brisbane office is closed down or that somebody who has some spare money is able to sue CityMove Brisbane.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Thank you for your email and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your recent move with move. We do aim to reduce stress on moves and when this doesn’t happen we do take it seri... read more »

Interesting reply Customer Solutions. 1. We never did get the "partial refund", where did it go? 2. Neither did you return the $200 or so wrapping stuff you promised us. We could have used this i... read more »

FLINDERS VIEW. QLD.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Moved 1.2 Km From Raceview To Flinders View. 18/6/15

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2015

Shocking the truck had no ramp or electronic lift. They handed everything down to another guy from the truck and were extrememly slow. They had been notified before that I had extremely heavy furniture as was solid timber. Overcharged and also stole items from the move. I have emailed them and still waiting for their reply. I am very angry and definitely not happy with their service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Joy, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies that your expectations were not met on your move in June. Whilst we do aim to reply to any notifications of complaints within 48 hours, unf... read more »

You are incorrect as they told me that they don't like to use the ramp it was quicker lifting the items on and off the truck. I asked them. My daughter and I were shocked that is why we asked. I... read more »

Verified Customer

1 Star. Won't use it again. Strongly not recommended.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2015

I give Citymove 1 start. I would rank it even lower if there was 0 star or -1 star. I would never use Citymove again, would not recommend it to anyone and would suggest you think twice if you want to use it.

A few weeks back, I came to this website to look for a removal service. I found Citymove had far more reviews than others and ranking was good.

2 weeks ago, Citymove came by to move for me. It was a 2 bed room townhouse (2 adults and 1 child) to drop off place 11 KM away. Everything was ready to load. They didn't pack.

Below is my experience.
A) High cost. Don't just look at the rate. Think about the total cost.

The cost was $705.13. Below is breakdown.
Total minutes (including driving from pick up place to drop off place) 230 minutes: $437 = 230 * 1.9
Total KM 11: $20.9 = 11 * 1.9
Bubble wrap: $78
Shrink wrap: $80

In Total $615.90
Card fee: $9.23
Cash for the 3rd mover: $80 (No receipt) (See B for details)

All Paid: $705.13

B) Citymove underestimated the load and man power (to lock me in?). They added people at the last minute and didn't move all.
Citymove quoted me for 2 men and 4T truck. I asked a few times if this is enough and also sent through my inventory list. Citymove insisted it was all good.
About 1:30pm that day (I booked arrival time 11-2pm). The driver called me saying a 3rd mover was needed. The cost was $20 per hour. I had no choice and agreed.
They arrived around 2:10pm with a 4T truck but eventually they found they could not load all. End of the day, I moved remaining stuff with 4 journeys using my own car.
They asked for cash for the 3rd people and didn't give me receipt for it.

C) They double charged.
See above cost breakdown. You will find they charged for both time (as part of 230 minutes) and distance (11 km).

D) They leave a cost hole with materials.
They tell you rate for wrap but they don't indicate how much cost it will occur to a washing machine, a dishwasher or a mattress.
They don't list standard of wrapping. Neither they give you option to do it yourself.
All they say is if driver feels needed, they will wrap. This is a big hole to your budget control. They control your budget instead of you and you have no way to tell if they use wrap too much. In my case, wrap cost is $158, about 25% of total cost.

E) Customer Service just defends themselves and don't consider customer.
I lodged my complaint on 23 Mar, and got response on 27 Mar saying the electronic photos of his documentation was wiped off in the system then on 30 Mar generally justifying everything for themselves.

This is a terrible experience. I would never return for Citymove service and I would never recommend it to anyone.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi W.N, Thank you for your feedback and again, sincere apologies your expectations were not met on this move. As discussed, the third man on this job was working in the morning on a 3 man job, and... read more »

Hi CS, It's exactly as what I said you are only defending and justifying for yourselves. What I read from your above reply is you hope Your Customer Undestand You however not the other way. Then y... read more »

Queanbeyan

Rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2014

This company estimated the move would take around 4 hours with 4 men and two trucks based on the price given per hour the cost would have been around $800 with a maximum of $1000. The final cost of the move was over $1800.00. We had a removalist on site that was incapacitated and could hardly walk. The move continued until after 9pm and still had not finished. We were told they would come back the next day to finish the job. we refused to pay the total amount as we felt They had misled us and not performed the job adequately and fast, fit and efficient as their slogan states. They arrived after 1pm the next day and refused to take the rest of our goods until we paid the account in full even though we were told by the team leader the night before that we were within our rights to dispute it in this manner. Our dining table, coffee table and fridge were all scratched during the move. We felt the company misled us in their estimation of costs and we should have had the option to have a fixed price quote. We were held to ransom with them refusing to complete the job until they were paid in full. I would never recommend this company due to their misleading and bullying tactics.

Canberra

• 11 helpful votes
Private message

Its like tiger airways they will sting you with unmentioned extra

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2014

The move itself no problem, the guys were nice, but...
$140 to wrap an old fridge washing machine and a dresser is a complete cash grab, my wife wasn't even consulted , they took it upon themselves to do this (no way i would have, accepted those sort of charges)

12m of bubble wrap required for a fridge?

Do not get stung, just use a normal company, that uses blankets to place over items,

They have left the bubble wrap here so ill measure it out.

(another cash grab is the warranty, when working out price comparisons, take this into account)

Beware

+ The guys were nice,

- Rip off, catch 22 on "extras" extras you don't get a choice for

Private message

My God... Never Going Back To Them!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2013

At first they give us a really good quote... I confirm more than once if the rates are right I get a email confirmation that that in fact in the right price for the move. We get a call 2 days before the move that they had quoted us a wrong price the we will have to pay almost double of what they had quoted initially and that was because of some system error... After a whole load of argument and having a word with the General Manager we had to finally agree to their price as I did not have a lot of choice 2 days before the move. I was managing a 6 month old baby and packing for the move can't really spend a lot of time finding more quotes. The GM promised me a very very good team of guys would come a get the job done very fast.

ON the day... we had booked two of their trucks.. one of which arrived 20 mins late to the destination... the guys were bloody slow... they took more time than my previous move and we landed up paying through our nose. They also forced us to use their packaging for the fragile items and charged extra for that. I tried making a complaint but never got a response.

Very Very Very UPset with their service... I Will Never Ever use them & Will Never Recommend them to anyone!!!

- expensive... poor service... force to use their packaging for a lot extra

Private message

WARNING! If you want to be harassed, choose these guys!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2013

I simply wanted a quote for my removal and sent an enquiry to Citymove Removals. I received a call from a guy at the company who asked a lot of questions and started locking in my moving dates, even though I wasn't ready to lock anything in. Once he finished getting all of my details he then asked for my credit card and a $100 deposit for my piano to be paid immediately in order to secure my booking. When I explained to him that I didn't want to book anything in and I just wanted a quote, he was obviously disappointed that he wouldn't be getting the booking and then continuously tried to push me into completing the booking, no matter what I said to him. I ended up having to speak to him in a nasty manner because he wouldn't accept that I didn't want to cough up cash until I was ready to book, and I ended up having to end the call myself.
The next few days I had repeated missed calls (at least 2 per day) from this company and when I finally had a chance to answer one during work hours, I told them I didn't want to be contacted anymore. They CONTINUED to call me, so I asked to be taken off their register, but within ONE HOUR of being "removed" from their register I received another call asking me to call back to finalise my booking. If this isn't unsolicited harassment, I don't know what is.
DO NOT use this company. If this is their system for HELPING people to understand the costs involved in moving, then their system for physically moving things must be even more of a circus.

- Everything - terrible customer service, poor management of accounts, lack of understanding

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

HI, EC2013 Sincere apologies that you were over contacted by our company. Because our rates vary on different days, we do need details of your move plan to be able to provide the most accurate info... read more »

Understandable. However, that still doesn't justify your pushy money hungry staff, or repeated phone calls after I requested twice to be removed from your system. I inquired once on your own websit... read more »

Citymove Removals Official

HI, EC2013 Thank you for your feedback. We will use this to improve our services. I am not able to identify who you are, if you wouldn't mind it would be great if you could l in and speak to the cu... read more »

Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Irresponsible and untrustworthy

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2013

My wife and I recently moved from Sydney to Brisbane and used Citymove for the removals. It appears we may have had the same two gents as another reviewer as our removalists were also French and they were also fairly rough with our furniture. So rough that it seems one or both of them dropped our television, breaking it. Now that's pretty bad in and of itself but worse was that the only way I found out about that was after I emailed the customer solutions team who admitted as much. I would have imagined that the removalists should have mentioned that they dropped it at the time they did it, but even if that slipped their minds, I would have expected they would have said something when the offered insurance at the end of the move, full well knowing that there was a reason for me to buy it. (Note: the outside of the TV didn't appear broken, but the LCD was noticably broken underneath when turned on).

In the reply from Citymove, instead of taking full responsibility for the deceitful actions of their removalists and an offer to pay for the full repair/replacement of the TV they offered a small "good will" sum of $150 to go towards a repair and tried to place blame on us.

This experience has been rather poor and since having shared similar thoughts with Citymove I have not heard back from them and have since found out that the TV is irreparable.

I cannot recommend Citymove knowing that their removalists would be irresponsible with the property of clients and the customer solutions team would fail to take responsibility after knowing full well of the actions of their removalists.

Avoid at all costs.

- Damages property and doesn't take responsibility

• 2 comments
Private message

Please Dont be fooled by their reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2013

The worst company ever...So many hidden charges.I will file suit against them.
They hire cheap contractors to do the job and bags money in their own pockets. no Customer service and I highly recommend people not to use them.People like their customer service representative shouldn't be in customer services atall.

- Extra charges,faulty service,broken stuff,expensive,no value for money,crooks,rip offs,no CS, hire contractors of half the value.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Thanks for your feedback and I sincerely apologise your move did not go as expected. We do over 10,000 moves per year and this is very uncommon. Please contact our Customer Solutions department (cs... read more »

Citymove Removals Official

Hi Khan, I have been trying to find out who you are but with not much luck - I have found a customer with a last name as "Khan", but that was a complaint that was settled a while ago. Khan, all ... read more »

I did send an email but noting happened
The stuff was left down stairs by your people , I am formally lodging a complaint against you people so wait to hear from my lawyers.

Adelaide

Private message

Customer Service.... doesnt exist!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2012

I am writing a review based on their terrible customer service.

We hired 2 trucks, 4 men for a move on 16 December 2012. 1 man left only approximately 2 hours and was never replaced. My father and husband ended up being the fourth man and assisted in the loading and unloading for the remaining 5 hours. The other 2 men for the other truck were backpackers who spoke little English, didnt know how to stack and didnt even own a sac truck, an essential to move furniture!

They charged us full price on the day and said we had to work it out with the office for a refund. Well, we are still trying to get a reasonable response almost 2 weeks later.

They have now offered $30 compensation, I have spent more than 2 hours on phone calls and email chasing this matter up. Never mind the time the man spent on his phone trying to find a replacement that never arrived and the constant calls from the company requesting they attend further jobs.

This job was $1,000 and they offered a measly $170 for my father and husband's 5 hours of labour and $30 "inconvenince".

I have never received such disgusting customer service. When you leave messages they never call back, the receptionist even said "complaints are only dealt with by email". The 2 line email response we received after the first week was "I will be in contact once i have all the information i hope to resolve this in a timely manner".

I am now writing a further email requresting appropriate resolution of the matter and will seek legal advice and contact the various governing authorities. Please do your research before booking with the company!

- Poor customer service, inexperiened, didnt speak English, dont respond to complaints, constantly on mobile phones

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

“Thanks for your feedback and I sincerely apologise your move did not go as expected. We do over 10,000 moves per year and this is very uncommon. Please contact our Customer Solutions department (... read more »

If you had read the review you would have found I have written and called your company of numerous occassions and failed to get a response so rather than writing the same thing you write on every n... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Stay Away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Booked my 2 bedroom move with these clowns, they gave me "earliest and best slot" 7:30AM. These guys appeared after 1:30 hours. In the meantime, I made numerous calls to their numbers, not a single person called me back and told me any reasons for the delay, etc.

I had to step in by looking at their speed, still took 4 hours to complete the move, charged me $530 and gave $30 discount.

This was my second move with them so thought they will treat me good but now will never repeat the mistake and just leaving this review so people can also learn by my mistake.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Mukesh, Sincere apologies we arrived late on your move the other week. Unfortunately delays can happen due to unforseen even events on the day, and the best we can do is get the guys there as... read more »

Shocking first impression

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2015

I asked them to come round and tell me what size truck I would need for a 3 bed interstate move. They didn't turn up in the four hour window I sat at home waiting and of course no-one answered the phone as it was the weekend. One hour after I left home they called to say they would be round in 20 mins so I came back. They sent round a nice enough young kid, who had zero experience in removals (he was a web designer looking for extra income) who took lots of pictures and said he would pass them back for the office. A few days later they called and first question was what size truck did the other companies say you needed! Absolutely shocking and a complete waste of my time. Clearly I wouldn't be going anywhere near them ever again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Sean, thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies you expectations were not met when we sent one of our guys around to quote on your move. Unfortunately the driver we had flagged for this ... read more »

Sydney, NSW

Shocked!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2015

I booked City Move to do my move 3 months from my move date. I stated very clearly that I would need the movers for the whole day and I was willing to pay the full costs - even the waiting time. I had to vacate my current place by 12noon and I could only move into the new place at 2pm. I was assured - TWICE - that this would be no problem at all. I phoned them again a few weeks away from the move to confirm everything and again I was assured all was good.
I then phoned them 3 days from the move to confirm yet again and I was told that this was NOT possible as they had another moving job in the afternoon so they would have to CANCEL my move! 3 days out from my move! I was totally shocked! Now what? I now had to get a new removalist and quickly! This level of service from City Move is unacceptable. They left me in the lurch with very few options. They didn't even care when I explained the situation and in fact were quite rude and they hung up on me! Stay away from this mob, all they care about it making as much money as possible and they couldn't give a damn about the customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Cheryl, Thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies so much stress was caused in the days leading up to your move date. I understand that an error had been made on your booking as the orig... read more »

Hello, thanks for your feedback, and yes the operator did hang up. I was surprised. No goodbye, nothing. I think you should listen to all the calls I made and you will find that I have made an h... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Poor service - DON'T use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2015

I used cheaper storage for several months and the decided to use their services for moving, well what a mistake that was!

Firstly they were meant to deliver my storage, which I had paid for 1 month in advance only for me to be notified the day before delivery there was an issue (flat tire) with our storage unit and city move had to move our belongings into another truck before delivering and unpacking our items for us.

Upon delivery we instantly came to find that we were missing our marble table and contacted city move immediately who claimed there was nothing left in the truck. Upon prompting them further to check if there any items missed whilst moving our goods between trucks we were notified that they had found our marble table and would bring directly to us. Upon arrival (20 minutes from our initial phone call) the removalists arrived with our marble table top in five different pieces, funny how the only missing item happened to be the only item damaged. These removalist damaged my marble table beyond repair and had no intention to deliver it until I had prompted them. This is an appalling service and I have taken my concerns to ACCC. A word to the wise avoid using this companies services cheaper storage and city move.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Helen, Firstly I am so sorry that the experience you had with us was less than satisfactory. You had a booked a DIY storage service with us and unfortunately it is correct that the ute used to... read more »

1 of 21 pages