Filter By:

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

Booked a 1pm arrival on a Friday afternoon as we live on a clearway (which was advised). All of this was no problem with the booking agent. Until the day of arrival and I had to chase the chase where the removalists were, only to be told we were booked in a 'guide time' of 1pm - 5pm. This was not explained on booking. Once they eventually arrived at 4.30pm there was no parking anywhere nearby, we missed our booked move in slot at our new building (located one block away - which took them 35 minutes to drive to) and were charged an additional $250 'out of ours' fee by the building manager. They then took 4 hours to move 31 items of furniture from our 2 bedroom apartment (no boxes included in the move, we had already moved them). This number includes small items like bedside tables and 5 dining chairs. This came to a fantastic total of $800 when we were quoted $350. They also dragged our $3,000 mattress through a car park and shredded the cover and 2 sides of the mattress.

So a total move cost of $1,050 to move a few items across the street, and destroyed a $3,000 mattress.

Worst mistake I've ever made when moving house. I should have followed my instincts when I saw only positive reviews here - afterwards I found out they have been fined twice before for posting fake positive reviews. I felt sorry for the guys moving, who had obviously been booked on way too many jobs that day and didn't get to finish till 8.30pm on a Friday night. 0/100 - AVOID.

Also contacted the company twice before posting this review to give them a chance to compensate and explain - to no reply after waiting 2 weeks. But I can guarantee they will call you to book in within 1 minute of placing an online quote request.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Absolutely shocking. Be wary of citymove if you want to actually have your possessions moved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Had to move a small 2 bedroom apartment from Lidcombe to Engadine, 1 hour away.
Ordered a 10 tonne truck with 3 men, called at 3 pm and tried to cancel when I refused they turned up at 5pm, with a 4 tonne truck and 2 boys, with another guy turning up just before they drove for an hour and a bit so was basically paying for his to sit in truck for first hour and a half. They spent 4 hours packing the truck trying to fit everything as their truck was too small so was massively overcharged, then had to leave a load at the house so I spent all day the next day running trailer loads to finish the move while their office was calling me asking why their removalists were not there to finish the job Sunday morning. Why they are asking me why their removalists aren't there to finish the job says a lot about the company. I was still charged the $221 an hour for 3 men and a 10 tonne truck. When I questioned this I was offered a $21 refund for a truck half the size and only 2 men for first few hours. Now 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the increased refund after spending a day going backwards and forwards trying to make them understand why I expected a bigger refund than that for a truck half the size and less men than booked and having to fight to get anywhere. Only way I have managed to get anywhere is to advise I am taking the matter further to department of consumer affairs then all of a sudden things started happening and I have been sent a remittance for my refund from weeks ago.

Be very wary of using this company, you'd be better off finding one of the cheapies off gumtree, they can't be any worse but at least they will charge you correctly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Malaga

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Best guys we ever had , great care taken, nothing too hard, went beyond the call of duty, Carefully explained everything and move done with extreme care. I can't say enough good things, I ha e have had to move house a number of times , never before received such excellent service. Whatever you are paying these guys you need to double, no way you want to lose them!!

Perfect!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We moved hospital furniture from a warehouse in Minchinbury to another warehouse in Milperra.
All went on time. The boys easy going, professional & efficient.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

House arrived exactly on time very careful and polite. We were weary happy and will use you again. Thank you

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

The movers were so careful with our belongings

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

We moved out of our two bedroom apartment. Vinny and Ali both so professional. They were careful with our belongings. They looked after every aspect of the move. I'll be recommending them to my friends.

Fast & Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

3 Bedroom move within Manly. Great team, lovely, friendly, efficient guys. Did a wonderful job and were very careful & respectful of our stuff. Arrived on time & worked hard. Can highly recommend using City Move!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, St Kilda (Barkly St)

Great guys and very obliging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Move was a 3 bedroom townhouse. Lot of expensive furniture. The boys took great care overall. Only one thing to remember, when putting the washing machine and dryer in need to switch them on!!!!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Brunswick

They have always been so helpful and good to me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I just had an apartment to move but 2x locations for pick up (as some things in storage).
This is the 2nd time I have had Vinnie and Victor move me and they have always taken care with my things and they make it fun too.
(I enjoy riding in the truck with them to the location).

Verified Customer

Overcharged

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

I used City Move to move my personal effects from a storage facility to new residence. Approx 25 cubic meters. Booking was for 7am. Arrived at 7.50am. Were very friendly chaps. Was slightly annoyed that I was not informed the only way to pay was via credit card and there was a surcharge. I wanted to pay via savings but this was not possible. When the removalist went to charge me, he billed for 200 minutes total $543. This was a lot more than I expected but thought I must have miss calculated / estimated. After the move I checked the charge and realised I have been over charged. The job only lasted for 130 minutes. I had been overcharged 70 minutes. I had to chase a reply to my email to query the over charge. Received an email saying as a "gesture of goodwill" they would refund me. I don't think it is a gesture of goodwill at all. I have been overcharged and am owed that money. I wonder how many other people they overcharge and in the chaos of moving don't realise. Refund was promised in 7 days but 14 days later I am still waiting.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hey Kate, and thank you for the honest feedback! I've checked with accounts, and we have now paid your refund, apologies for the wait. I certainly don't like being overcharged, and having a delay t... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Hamilton

Quick smooth and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

3 bedrooms apartment move from the second floor to a low set house.
The apartment entry and egress is particularly difficult
The guys made quick work of it and took great care of our belonging

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

On time and quick movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Small one bedroom apartment moved within suburb. Quick and professional job. Arrived right on time too. Very happy with the service and price.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

The smoothest and best move ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

I recently moved from a 3 bedroom house that I have been residing in for over four years and had collected lots of stuff. The entire experience from booking and moving was a smooth and seamless experience. All our items were cared for and moved without damage and fuss. A very rare thing in this industry. I could not recommend this company enough. Thank you and well done!

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Moved me twice, will use them again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

We have moved twice, once on the wettest day Sydney has had in 20 years with no complaints from the team at all. in fact it they still did it quicker than what the estimated time. THANKS CM

Fast & Trustworthy - B2B moves - Highly Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Our fit out & property services company use Citymove at least once per month to relocate our clients from one office to another. Our clients are always happy with their moving experience. Citymove call center staff are incredibly professional - Ariana is just fantastic! Citymove always go above and beyond - clean, reliable, knowledgeable and they can pack and store goods also. It is the moving company we can trust with our clients and customers.
Marta - RPS Project Services www.rpsproject.com.au

Punctual, efficient and considerate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Single bedroom apartment with select large items, e.g bedding, bedframe, fridge, washing machine, chest of drawers and 8 boxes of personal items. Moved to storage unit within same suburb. Finished just over and hour and within the minimum 2 hours. Shout out to Gabriel and Antonio for their great work and professionalism. They were very considerate, efficient and accommodating to requests.

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Not on time. 2 lazy people finding tough to move the items. 9 hours to complete 2 bed room move. Over priced.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you and that your expectations with the move was not met. May I please have your name and phone number so I can review you... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Morningside

Very expensive and the removalist trucks were too small for the job

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

We used Citymove to move our 4 bedroom house furniture across Brisbane and it proved very expensive. I used their inventory calculator to estimate the cubic metres and I made sure I added extra boxes so that I'd get a suitable size truck/s for the move. After I filled in the inventory calculator I received a call from one of their staff saying that their truck could just fit in all of household items. Therefore to make sure all our household items fitted in easily I asked for 2 trucks and four removalists so that the move would be quicker and there would be ample room in the trucks.

On the day the removalsit trucks turned up I was sceptical that all our items would fit in the trucks because they were the smallest trucks I have seen being used for removals, on my estimate they were around 3 tonne trucks. At this stage it was too late to do anything and I hoped I was wrong and Citymove had calculated right. Well I was right the two trucks couldn't fit in all our items and so one truck had to return to the house after they unloaded the first load. As stated earlier I had asked for two trucks so all our items would fit in easily.

I did ring the company after the move and lodge a complaint that I had over compensated on our items so they would fit in the truck/trucks easily and this would make the job quicker and stop our furniture being squashed in so there should have been ample room to take all our furniture. I have not heard back from them after they promised me they would contact me within 2 weeks. Because Citymove did not supply the correct size trucks the move proved very expensive because one had to make a return trip.

I will definitely be looking at other companies for my next move.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I greatly apologize if your expetation with Citymove and the move we did or you was not met. In order for me to assist you further, may I please have your First and last name as well as ... read more »

Hi Citymove, I have contacted you twice now, by phone in September and a good month before I posted this review. It has frustrated me that on both occasions I have been ignored and I consider the t... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Citymove were late, careless with our furniture and they charged me extra for their lateness.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

Not worth going with. They were hours late with picking up our goods and late delivering our goods and had a major storm and flooding which meant we could not meet the driver with. Due to flood, made a number of calls to head office for an update and location of their drivers which had to reschedule the drop off to the next day. The next day they didn't arrive at the confirmed time. Made a number of calls to HO where they never called back when they said they would. To top things off, they charged us for delivering the goods the next day at a discount. On the next day, they were hours late again and could not give me an estimated time on their arrival. Having to wait hours for Citymove at the drop off with a 7month is not ideal. I wanted to negotiate a further discount and during the call, the HO threaten to not deliver our goods if we didn't pay. I never said I wasn't going to pay, just wanted further discount. No further discount was given and When they finally arrived, they wanted payment before they unloaded the truck. The whole experience is a debacle. Plus, they were careless with our furniture with a number of new scratches and dents found, and furniture we wrapped with our own blankets were removed by them so our fabric furniture was exposed to getting dirty.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi there, I great apologize if your expectations with Citymove and the move we did for you was not met. In order for me to assist you further, may please ask for your first and last name as well a... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2016

I recently moved apartments within NSW (I simply moved a couple of suburbs away)

I had a bad pre-move experience with Six Brothers Removalists. I made a booking then ordered removal boxes from them. The day before they were supposed to be delivered, they phoned to say they can't deliver them and if I could stay at home on another day. Then they didn't show up at the agreed second delivery time either. I then cancelled the booking as I didn't trust them. Thankfully they refunded my money within a few hours. After looking at the reviews on this site for six brothers, I should never have booked them in the first place.

I then trawled this site to see which removalist had the best reviews and citymove seemed to have great feedback. I decided to go ahead and book (this was on a Thursday and I was moving on that very same Saturday, i.e a few days later).

From the minute I called, the lady on the phone was very professional and it seems that their systems and processes were rock solid. I asked the lady if it was possible to deliver boxes so close to the moving date. She said she would check with the courier but told me there shouldn't be a problem and would call me back. I then put the phone down after having made the booking. She called back very quickly and told me the boxes could be delivered when I had requested (which they did).

On the day of the move, a big truck with two guys showed up and they just handled everything flawlessly. The quality of the vehicle and the uniformed staff gave me a lot of confidence. Aside from moving all of my things very carefully, they bubble wrapped the fridge and washing machine and were extra careful with those. The two removalists were very helpful and friendly.

After around 5-6 hours, I paid the final bill using their iPhone app and it was all done flawlessly.

The communication over the phone and email from this company was first class. You feel as though you have a personal account manager for your move from start to end and that you're the only one moving house that day.

I would definitely use this company again. Excellent customer service and once you book them you have nothing to worry about. Even if you're able to find companies that may be a little cheaper, after my experience with Six brothers, saving a few hundred dollars isn't worth it.

Highly recommended!