Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Efficient and careful move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Thanks for an easy move boys. Turned up on time, friendly, worked hard and the move was all done carefully and efficiently.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

What an ordeal! Move and post-move customer support was a nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

I recently moved a 2 bedroom unit and it took 7.5 hours and cost over $1,000! I made numerous calls to [name removed] at Citymove and complaints on the day and did not hear from anyone regarding my issues. The move team were lazy, slow and incompetent, they wasted time had a 'take it easy' attitude and had absolutely no regard for the escalating billable hours they were clocking up. They were taking so long to transfer items to the truck that my son and I started packing up our cars and doing trips to the property and they had to do trips where a previous exact move took only the one trip. The unpacking was just as bad that I ended up getting them to just leave items in the garage, we then had to move this into place. I received an automated txt soon after to which I replied I was unhappy with the service but that too went nowhere. I discovered now a number of boxes and their contents (including collectable china) have been damaged. On emailing again to ask that my complaints be addressed I was given every excuse they could think of to disregard my concerns and complaints. [name removed] from customer service just threw clause after clause at me as to why didn’t have to take responsibility to review the damaged caused to my personal items or review the move team actions. I found her responses to be upsetting. I will not use Citymove ever again. I will not recommend Citymove and I have decided to place this negative feedback not only on the move but the post-move customer support. You should also beware when you sign that small device they hand you, not only are to signing to authorise the credit card transaction but your are also accepting and signing an inventory at the conclusion of the move to accept all their conditions - there was no mention of this on the day! Citymove did not send capable efficient experienced moving men to carry out the moving task in question and the post move customer support was dismissive, therefore, I will be taking further steps to formalise my complaint. Regards

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Arg, I am so sorry to hear about this. We want to let you know that every issues we have we handle it along with the guidelines that we have. May I know your name so that I can properly addres... read more »

Hi Citymove, Thanks for your comment. You can contact me if you think it will help the situation. My name is Rita Gerardis e: ritagerardis@hotmail.com my move date was 27 December 2017 (Gordon to North Ryde). Regards

Sydney, NSW

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

On time, polite, careful and reasonable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

This is the 3rd time im using Citymove removalist service and the outcome is as always perfect. Moved from Sydney to Central Coast and these guys tried their best to make the move smooth and efficient.
Though the move took 8 hours long and so tiring Hugo and Alex were patient and helpful.
Thanks for the great work guys.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

On time, on quote and generally excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

We moved a small office seamlessly with these guys. The quote was easy to do, and when the guys turned up on the day very accurate. We only moved a small distance down the road, but loading everything up and unloading was on time. They didn't scuff a single wall or object.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Moving went fine, refund for the canceled services is nowhere to be seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Initially I booked moving out + storage + moving in services, but in a few days it turned out I can do the move in one day. I canceled the storage service and one day of the truck + movers, but only got refunded for the storage. It has been a month, the phone support is giving me promises but nothing is happening. The move itself went without problems, so if you don't expect any changes in your order, I suppose you can use these guys.

Update (01/12/17) : After submitting the original version of this review, I was contacted by a representative, who promised to resolve the refund issue. After that, for two weeks there has been no communication from them whatsoever, and when I tried to call the phone number I was given (multiple times), nobody even answered the call. I am changing my review from 2 stars to 1. Terrible customer service.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hi Bogdan, I apologise if this happened with your post move. As much as possible we want our customers to be satisfied with our services. With regards to your concern about the refund of your can... read more »

Unfortunately, no, I haven't been refunded. I was in contact with a representative in the end of last year and reminded her several times about that over the course of a month, and each time I got ... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

3.5 hours late and 3 x the quoted price

Booked a 1pm arrival on a Friday afternoon as we live on a clearway (which was advised). All of this was no problem with the booking agent. Until the day of arrival and I had to chase the chase where the removalists were, only to be told we were booked in a 'guide time' of 1pm - 5pm. This was not explained on booking. Once they eventually arrived at 4.30pm there was no parking anywhere nearby, we missed our booked move in slot at our new building (located one block away - which took them 35 minutes to drive to) and were charged an additional $250 'out of ours' fee by the building manager. They then took 4 hours to move 31 items of furniture from our 2 bedroom apartment (no boxes included in the move, we had already moved them). This number includes small items like bedside tables and 5 dining chairs. This came to a fantastic total of $800 when we were quoted $350. They also dragged our $3,000 mattress through a car park and shredded the cover and 2 sides of the mattress.

So a total move cost of $1,050 to move a few items across the street, and destroyed a $3,000 mattress.

Worst mistake I've ever made when moving house. I should have followed my instincts when I saw only positive reviews here - afterwards I found out they have been fined twice before for posting fake positive reviews. I felt sorry for the guys moving, who had obviously been booked on way too many jobs that day and didn't get to finish till 8.30pm on a Friday night. 0/100 - AVOID.

Also contacted the company twice before posting this review to give them a chance to compensate and explain - to no reply after waiting 2 weeks. But I can guarantee they will call you to book in within 1 minute of placing an online quote request.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Absolutely shocking. Be wary of citymove if you want to actually have your possessions moved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Had to move a small 2 bedroom apartment from Lidcombe to Engadine, 1 hour away.
Ordered a 10 tonne truck with 3 men, called at 3 pm and tried to cancel when I refused they turned up at 5pm, with a 4 tonne truck and 2 boys, with another guy turning up just before they drove for an hour and a bit so was basically paying for his to sit in truck for first hour and a half. They spent 4 hours packing the truck trying to fit everything as their truck was too small so was massively overcharged, then had to leave a load at the house so I spent all day the next day running trailer loads to finish the move while their office was calling me asking why their removalists were not there to finish the job Sunday morning. Why they are asking me why their removalists aren't there to finish the job says a lot about the company. I was still charged the $221 an hour for 3 men and a 10 tonne truck. When I questioned this I was offered a $21 refund for a truck half the size and only 2 men for first few hours. Now 4 weeks later I'm still waiting for the increased refund after spending a day going backwards and forwards trying to make them understand why I expected a bigger refund than that for a truck half the size and less men than booked and having to fight to get anywhere. Only way I have managed to get anywhere is to advise I am taking the matter further to department of consumer affairs then all of a sudden things started happening and I have been sent a remittance for my refund from weeks ago.

Be very wary of using this company, you'd be better off finding one of the cheapies off gumtree, they can't be any worse but at least they will charge you correctly.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Office Location: WA, Malaga

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Best guys we ever had , great care taken, nothing too hard, went beyond the call of duty, Carefully explained everything and move done with extreme care. I can't say enough good things, I ha e have had to move house a number of times , never before received such excellent service. Whatever you are paying these guys you need to double, no way you want to lose them!!

Perfect!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We moved hospital furniture from a warehouse in Minchinbury to another warehouse in Milperra.
All went on time. The boys easy going, professional & efficient.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

House arrived exactly on time very careful and polite. We were weary happy and will use you again. Thank you

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

The movers were so careful with our belongings

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

We moved out of our two bedroom apartment. Vinny and Ali both so professional. They were careful with our belongings. They looked after every aspect of the move. I'll be recommending them to my friends.

Fast & Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

3 Bedroom move within Manly. Great team, lovely, friendly, efficient guys. Did a wonderful job and were very careful & respectful of our stuff. Arrived on time & worked hard. Can highly recommend using City Move!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, St Kilda (Barkly St)

Great guys and very obliging.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Move was a 3 bedroom townhouse. Lot of expensive furniture. The boys took great care overall. Only one thing to remember, when putting the washing machine and dryer in need to switch them on!!!!

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Brunswick

They have always been so helpful and good to me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I just had an apartment to move but 2x locations for pick up (as some things in storage).
This is the 2nd time I have had Vinnie and Victor move me and they have always taken care with my things and they make it fun too.
(I enjoy riding in the truck with them to the location).

Verified Customer

Overcharged

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

I used City Move to move my personal effects from a storage facility to new residence. Approx 25 cubic meters. Booking was for 7am. Arrived at 7.50am. Were very friendly chaps. Was slightly annoyed that I was not informed the only way to pay was via credit card and there was a surcharge. I wanted to pay via savings but this was not possible. When the removalist went to charge me, he billed for 200 minutes total $543. This was a lot more than I expected but thought I must have miss calculated / estimated. After the move I checked the charge and realised I have been over charged. The job only lasted for 130 minutes. I had been overcharged 70 minutes. I had to chase a reply to my email to query the over charge. Received an email saying as a "gesture of goodwill" they would refund me. I don't think it is a gesture of goodwill at all. I have been overcharged and am owed that money. I wonder how many other people they overcharge and in the chaos of moving don't realise. Refund was promised in 7 days but 14 days later I am still waiting.

Comments
Citymove Removals Official

Hey Kate, and thank you for the honest feedback! I've checked with accounts, and we have now paid your refund, apologies for the wait. I certainly don't like being overcharged, and having a delay t... read more »

Verified Customer Office Location: QLD, Hamilton

Quick smooth and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

3 bedrooms apartment move from the second floor to a low set house.
The apartment entry and egress is particularly difficult
The guys made quick work of it and took great care of our belonging

Verified Customer Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

On time and quick movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Small one bedroom apartment moved within suburb. Quick and professional job. Arrived right on time too. Very happy with the service and price.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

The smoothest and best move ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

I recently moved from a 3 bedroom house that I have been residing in for over four years and had collected lots of stuff. The entire experience from booking and moving was a smooth and seamless experience. All our items were cared for and moved without damage and fuss. A very rare thing in this industry. I could not recommend this company enough. Thank you and well done!

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Moved me twice, will use them again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

We have moved twice, once on the wettest day Sydney has had in 20 years with no complaints from the team at all. in fact it they still did it quicker than what the estimated time. THANKS CM

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Fast & Trustworthy - B2B moves - Highly Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Our fit out & property services company use Citymove at least once per month to relocate our clients from one office to another. Our clients are always happy with their moving experience. Citymove call center staff are incredibly professional - Ariana is just fantastic! Citymove always go above and beyond - clean, reliable, knowledgeable and they can pack and store goods also. It is the moving company we can trust with our clients and customers.
Marta - RPS Project Services www.rpsproject.com.au

1 of 21 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to enquiries@citymove.com.au with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?